User Tag List

Page 2 of 111 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 100 of 5509

Thread: [Group] Yamaha FZ16

  1. #51
    mezan
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    CCK
    Posts
    312
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default



    Congrats to all who is getting their FZ16 soon.

  2. #52
    nomad_mcv
    -- Riding an FZ16 --
    P Plate
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Jurong West Extension
    Posts
    123
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    now raining sia. what a day to baptize the bike in this weather.. haha
    ==
    Class 3: 22-Nov-2006, Class 2B: 12-Nov-2008, Class 2A: 12-Jan-2010, Class 2: Enrolled
    ==
    2004 Yamaha YBR125 - Dec2008~Jan2011
    2011 Yamaha FZ16 - Jan2011~Present
    ==

     

     
  3. #53
    Epigun
    Better be safe then sorry
    P Plate
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Long Hill
    Posts
    52
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Trade in my S4 spec 2.. Left wif 10 mths installment.. Bike got lotsa prob and coe expiring next year.. Went to southern at bukit merah and trade in for fz 16.. They took in 3.7k minus of the 10 mths installment..
    Order on monday and collect on tuesday.. Saw a lot of new fz at southern.. Mayb u guys wanna check dere..

  4. #54
    pikapika
    RocketMan SuperEasy
    Class 2 pikapika's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,338
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Epigun View Post
    Trade in my S4 spec 2.. Left wif 10 mths installment.. Bike got lotsa prob and coe expiring next year.. Went to southern at bukit merah and trade in for fz 16.. They took in 3.7k minus of the 10 mths installment..
    Order on monday and collect on tuesday.. Saw a lot of new fz at southern.. Mayb u guys wanna check dere..
    hi hi , do kindly review on the riding experience if you can and on the below points

    rear storage box mount?
    riding experience.
    running in FC?
    problems?

    thank you
    Monster Energy......CBF150........
    "'Chances Favored The Prepared Mind"
    "Your Ambition outweighs Your Talent!"

  5. #55
    pikapika
    RocketMan SuperEasy
    Class 2 pikapika's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,338
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nomad_mcv View Post
    now raining sia. what a day to baptize the bike in this weather.. haha
    hi hi , do kindly review on the riding experience if you can and on the below points

    rear storage box mount?
    riding experience.
    running in FC?
    problems?

    thank you
    Monster Energy......CBF150........
    "'Chances Favored The Prepared Mind"
    "Your Ambition outweighs Your Talent!"

  6. #56
    pikapika
    RocketMan SuperEasy
    Class 2 pikapika's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,338
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    anyone ask how much to change the stock tyre to bridgestone and how far can the rear goes beyond the stock 140/60
    also whats the brand of the stock tyres?
    Monster Energy......CBF150........
    "'Chances Favored The Prepared Mind"
    "Your Ambition outweighs Your Talent!"

  7. #57
    nomad_mcv
    -- Riding an FZ16 --
    P Plate
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Jurong West Extension
    Posts
    123
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pikapika View Post
    hi hi , do kindly review on the riding experience if you can and on the below points

    rear storage box mount?
    riding experience.
    running in FC?
    problems?

    thank you
    i can answer one of the query, the rear storage mount. this model dun have yet until givi/kappa take the measurements of the bike to install a proper rack for the box
    ==
    Class 3: 22-Nov-2006, Class 2B: 12-Nov-2008, Class 2A: 12-Jan-2010, Class 2: Enrolled
    ==
    2004 Yamaha YBR125 - Dec2008~Jan2011
    2011 Yamaha FZ16 - Jan2011~Present
    ==

  8. #58
    pikapika
    RocketMan SuperEasy
    Class 2 pikapika's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,338
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nomad_mcv View Post
    i can answer one of the query, the rear storage mount. this model dun have yet until givi/kappa take the measurements of the bike to install a proper rack for the box
    have to wait 1 to 2 months the last time i ask....thats one of the main issues holding me back now
    Monster Energy......CBF150........
    "'Chances Favored The Prepared Mind"
    "Your Ambition outweighs Your Talent!"

  9. #59
    bobbyyankee
    Wild Ride Wit Me!
    Class 2B bobbyyankee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Yishun
    Posts
    320
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pikapika View Post
    have to wait 1 to 2 months the last time i ask....thats one of the main issues holding me back now
    Pika u thinking of changing?....hehe


    Boys will be boys™
    RIDE for Charity Family and for Life

  10. #60
    pikapika
    RocketMan SuperEasy
    Class 2 pikapika's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,338
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyyankee View Post
    Pika u thinking of changing?....hehe


    Boys will be boys™
    yes, now waiting for it to match my requirement
    Monster Energy......CBF150........
    "'Chances Favored The Prepared Mind"
    "Your Ambition outweighs Your Talent!"

  11. #61
    gld998
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    454
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nomad_mcv View Post
    asphoon toh guan called me to tell me i can collect my bike anytime later i did my order on the 14th of Jan those who order last wk n this wk i guess would only get their bike after cny
    I order on 16th Feb... ASP Ubi just called and ask me to collect the bike... O.O.. tomorrow collecting for sure...
    Last edited by gld998; 26-01-2011 at 06:37 PM.

     

     
  12. #62
    Azzy
    has no status.
    P Plate Azzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Central
    Posts
    170
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Bought mine few weeks ago from bukit merah, and got it few days later. Total 7.1k all in. Insurance from allianz. Free helmet, bike cover, and box. No rack since the bike is still new here. Still running in stage. Overall riding is great so far.

  13. #63
    pikapika
    RocketMan SuperEasy
    Class 2 pikapika's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,338
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Azzy View Post
    Bought mine few weeks ago from bukit merah, and got it few days later. Total 7.1k all in. Insurance from allianz. Free helmet, bike cover, and box. No rack since the bike is still new here. Still running in stage. Overall riding is great so far.
    full tank mileage and FC?
    Monster Energy......CBF150........
    "'Chances Favored The Prepared Mind"
    "Your Ambition outweighs Your Talent!"

  14. #64
    nomad_mcv
    -- Riding an FZ16 --
    P Plate
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Jurong West Extension
    Posts
    123
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    mine just started running in. topped up fuel yesterday coz collected the bike in reserve fuel mode. went to caltex n pump around 8.5l of fuel to get full tank. i still in process of getting used to the bike. haha
    ==
    Class 3: 22-Nov-2006, Class 2B: 12-Nov-2008, Class 2A: 12-Jan-2010, Class 2: Enrolled
    ==
    2004 Yamaha YBR125 - Dec2008~Jan2011
    2011 Yamaha FZ16 - Jan2011~Present
    ==

  15. #65
    ggc9898
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    195
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    wa 8.5 litre = full tank?

  16. #66
    nomad_mcv
    -- Riding an FZ16 --
    P Plate
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Jurong West Extension
    Posts
    123
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ggc9898 View Post
    wa 8.5 litre = full tank?
    yea. i think had considerable amount of reserve fuel when i collected the bike from the shop
    ==
    Class 3: 22-Nov-2006, Class 2B: 12-Nov-2008, Class 2A: 12-Jan-2010, Class 2: Enrolled
    ==
    2004 Yamaha YBR125 - Dec2008~Jan2011
    2011 Yamaha FZ16 - Jan2011~Present
    ==

  17. #67
    nomad_mcv
    -- Riding an FZ16 --
    P Plate
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Jurong West Extension
    Posts
    123
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mezan View Post
    Tionghan: I bought mine at 6.4k without insurance. Freebies from ASP is raincoat and helmet. Hong Leong is free 3 servicing and yamaha jacket.

    Brandon: insurance for fire and theft, my age (currently 19, havent 20 -.-") is 1.8k+. NTUC.
    bro mezan, u collected your yamaha jacket already ah or when u go for 1st service (1000km) then collect at same time?
    coz paya lebar very far from my jurong west extension location...
    ==
    Class 3: 22-Nov-2006, Class 2B: 12-Nov-2008, Class 2A: 12-Jan-2010, Class 2: Enrolled
    ==
    2004 Yamaha YBR125 - Dec2008~Jan2011
    2011 Yamaha FZ16 - Jan2011~Present
    ==

  18. #68
    gld998
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    454
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Just collected my bike from ASP Ubi... much comfortable ride compared to my ex KRR... nice..... just the meter looks abit weird.. like toy...I got feeling run in will take me awhile...

    Reserve was very little.. pump around 9.8L of fuel.. : (.. still not box rack... DAMN...

  19. #69
    brandon
    has no status.
    P Plate brandon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    85
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mezan View Post
    Brandon: I bought from NTUC. No ncd.
    Thanks bro
    2002-2003 Honda NSR sp150
    2003-2004 Suzuki Bandit 400
    2004-2005 Yamaha RXK 135(Classic)
    2005-2007 Toyota starlet
    2006-2012 Yamaha Sparks 135
    2007-2009 Yamaha YZF R1 (2000 model)
    2007-2010 Kia Picanto
    2010-???? Nissan Sunny
    2012-???? Yamaha FZ16

  20. #70
    brandon
    has no status.
    P Plate brandon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    85
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nomad_mcv View Post
    aig insurance.

    same as bro mezan is 6.4k otr less insurance from asphoon
    Thanks bro
    2002-2003 Honda NSR sp150
    2003-2004 Suzuki Bandit 400
    2004-2005 Yamaha RXK 135(Classic)
    2005-2007 Toyota starlet
    2006-2012 Yamaha Sparks 135
    2007-2009 Yamaha YZF R1 (2000 model)
    2007-2010 Kia Picanto
    2010-???? Nissan Sunny
    2012-???? Yamaha FZ16

  21. #71
    mezan
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    CCK
    Posts
    312
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nomad_mcv View Post
    bro mezan, u collected your yamaha jacket already ah or when u go for 1st service (1000km) then collect at same time?
    coz paya lebar very far from my jurong west extension location...
    I already collected my yamaha jacket.. Servicing need to book 1 week in advance. I never went HL for servicing. They say they don't have oil filter either, so I don't see the point.

    As of the fuel tank, I guess after you left with 2 litre, the fuel indicator will start to blink. I managed to fill in 11+ litre just now. Anyway, get to ride at 118km/h, rpm is near to 9k.

     

     
  22. #72
    nomad_mcv
    -- Riding an FZ16 --
    P Plate
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Jurong West Extension
    Posts
    123
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mezan View Post
    I already collected my yamaha jacket.. Servicing need to book 1 week in advance. I never went HL for servicing. They say they don't have oil filter either, so I don't see the point.

    As of the fuel tank, I guess after you left with 2 litre, the fuel indicator will start to blink. I managed to fill in 11+ litre just now. Anyway, get to ride at 118km/h, rpm is near to 9k.
    oic u finish ur run in already ah?
    yea the fuel indicator was already blinking when i collected the bike from asphoon before i topped up fuel. for me i top up until the pump stop filling automatically then i add to nearest dollar.. haha
    ==
    Class 3: 22-Nov-2006, Class 2B: 12-Nov-2008, Class 2A: 12-Jan-2010, Class 2: Enrolled
    ==
    2004 Yamaha YBR125 - Dec2008~Jan2011
    2011 Yamaha FZ16 - Jan2011~Present
    ==

  23. #73
    mezan
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    CCK
    Posts
    312
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It can be said that I finish my running in already. I see... I top up mind till the brim. Ehe. Since already at JB why not to the brim right?

  24. #74
    nomad_mcv
    -- Riding an FZ16 --
    P Plate
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Jurong West Extension
    Posts
    123
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mezan View Post
    It can be said that I finish my running in already. I see... I top up mind till the brim. Ehe. Since already at JB why not to the brim right?
    haha yea, true, take advantage of value for money fuel. haha.
    ==
    Class 3: 22-Nov-2006, Class 2B: 12-Nov-2008, Class 2A: 12-Jan-2010, Class 2: Enrolled
    ==
    2004 Yamaha YBR125 - Dec2008~Jan2011
    2011 Yamaha FZ16 - Jan2011~Present
    ==

  25. #75
    nomad_mcv
    -- Riding an FZ16 --
    P Plate
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Jurong West Extension
    Posts
    123
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    double post
    Last edited by nomad_mcv; 28-01-2011 at 09:53 AM.
    ==
    Class 3: 22-Nov-2006, Class 2B: 12-Nov-2008, Class 2A: 12-Jan-2010, Class 2: Enrolled
    ==
    2004 Yamaha YBR125 - Dec2008~Jan2011
    2011 Yamaha FZ16 - Jan2011~Present
    ==

  26. #76
    Azzy
    has no status.
    P Plate Azzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Central
    Posts
    170
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Wet weather all day long. Ride safe y'all.

  27. #77
    mezan
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    CCK
    Posts
    312
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Ya lor... Drenched to school and to work too.

  28. #78
    nomad_mcv
    -- Riding an FZ16 --
    P Plate
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Jurong West Extension
    Posts
    123
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mezan View Post
    Ya lor... Drenched to school and to work too.
    no rain jacket/pants ah?
    ==
    Class 3: 22-Nov-2006, Class 2B: 12-Nov-2008, Class 2A: 12-Jan-2010, Class 2: Enrolled
    ==
    2004 Yamaha YBR125 - Dec2008~Jan2011
    2011 Yamaha FZ16 - Jan2011~Present
    ==

  29. #79
    mezan
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    CCK
    Posts
    312
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Have... But being so lazy, no space in both the bags and under the seat, bo pian lor. Play catching with the rain. Haha!

  30. #80
    pikapika
    RocketMan SuperEasy
    Class 2 pikapika's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,338
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ride safe to all bros, make it home safely
    Monster Energy......CBF150........
    "'Chances Favored The Prepared Mind"
    "Your Ambition outweighs Your Talent!"

  31. #81
    IcE_ChicK
    needs enthusiasm in life! Boredom's bad!
    TeePee
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    4,525
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hi all, been browing thru this thread n gained lotsa info... thanks all!

    i'm intending to change my bike n am quite keen in gettin this fz16. mainly am happy wit all points in favour of e bike. however, ive a question. Is there any compartment somewhere ie under e seat, etc?

    also, hubby said that if e bracket meant for box mountin is not available, you can oways get it done customly right? he did one for his bike before so if i were to get fz16, i will get e bracket to be customized, so i cld get a box fast. i cant picture myself havin no box. heh.

     

     
  32. #82
    mezan
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    CCK
    Posts
    312
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    There is a compartment under the seat. But its not that big. Under the seat is where the cdi is and if you look closely, you could see the rear suspension too. Not to worry though, it never flood my compartment before.

  33. #83
    pikapika
    RocketMan SuperEasy
    Class 2 pikapika's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,338
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IcE_ChicK View Post
    Hi all, been browing thru this thread n gained lotsa info... thanks all!

    i'm intending to change my bike n am quite keen in gettin this fz16. mainly am happy wit all points in favour of e bike. however, ive a question. Is there any compartment somewhere ie under e seat, etc?

    also, hubby said that if e bracket meant for box mountin is not available, you can oways get it done customly right? he did one for his bike before so if i were to get fz16, i will get e bracket to be customized, so i cld get a box fast. i cant picture myself havin no box. heh.
    custom made brackets are expensive, do let all of us know how much you did yours and post a pic of it once u get it done.
    Monster Energy......CBF150........
    "'Chances Favored The Prepared Mind"
    "Your Ambition outweighs Your Talent!"

  34. #84
    Puteraboncet
    has no status.
    Class 2B Puteraboncet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Sembawang
    Posts
    307
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hi Bros ! I just pass my 2B few days back & kinda interested in this bike .. Still can't choose between FZ 150i or FZ16, Anyway, I heard that the Insurance is a killer esp for a 18 yrs old P plate and for a new bike (FZ16) .. is it true ??
    - 2011 to 2013 - HONDA CBR 150R (Becky)
    - 2013 to Present - YAMAHA RXZ 135 (Azza)

  35. #85
    Romi_ku
    is living his life!
    Class 2A Romi_ku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Jurong West
    Posts
    673
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Puteraboncet View Post
    Hi Bros ! I just pass my 2B few days back & kinda interested in this bike .. Still can't choose between FZ 150i or FZ16, Anyway, I heard that the Insurance is a killer esp for a 18 yrs old P plate and for a new bike (FZ16) .. is it true ??
    yes u are right.

    RXZ(FE4**2A) - 25th Sept 2010 till 16th July 2011
    125Z(FZ***3D) - 20th Aug 2011 till 16 Oct 2012
    PULSAR 200NS(FBG 8**2J) - 29th Dec 2012 till present

  36. #86
    Romi_ku
    is living his life!
    Class 2A Romi_ku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Jurong West
    Posts
    673
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Puteraboncet View Post
    Hi Bros ! I just pass my 2B few days back & kinda interested in this bike .. Still can't choose between FZ 150i or FZ16, Anyway, I heard that the Insurance is a killer esp for a 18 yrs old P plate and for a new bike (FZ16) .. is it true ??
    yes u are right.

    RXZ(FE4**2A) - 25th Sept 2010 till 16th July 2011
    125Z(FZ***3D) - 20th Aug 2011 till 16 Oct 2012
    PULSAR 200NS(FBG 8**2J) - 29th Dec 2012 till present

  37. #87
    mezan
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    CCK
    Posts
    312
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Puteraboncet: yes... Advise you to put aside another 1.8k for insurance.

  38. #88
    Puteraboncet
    has no status.
    Class 2B Puteraboncet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Sembawang
    Posts
    307
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    woow .. pretty high .. even if for other bikes too ? (eg: FZ 150i)
    - 2011 to 2013 - HONDA CBR 150R (Becky)
    - 2013 to Present - YAMAHA RXZ 135 (Azza)

  39. #89
    mezan
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    CCK
    Posts
    312
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    That would depends. New bike as in just came out from shop, new no. plate would be expensive. My previous bike, x1 plate fz insurance is 800 - 900+ for third party.

  40. #90
    Epigun
    Better be safe then sorry
    P Plate
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Long Hill
    Posts
    52
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Talked to one of the mechanics at southern, they can put custom racks on FZ 16. Cost approximately $50.. They will use FZ150i rack BUT they will have to cut the side faring..Im not too sure about how they will cut it.. I wud rather wait for the rack to be release.. Was inform the rack will be out in 1-2 mths time..

  41. #91
    Epigun
    Better be safe then sorry
    P Plate
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Long Hill
    Posts
    52
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IcE_ChicK View Post
    Hi all, been browing thru this thread n gained lotsa info... thanks all!

    i'm intending to change my bike n am quite keen in gettin this fz16. mainly am happy wit all points in favour of e bike. however, ive a question. Is there any compartment somewhere ie under e seat, etc?

    also, hubby said that if e bracket meant for box mountin is not available, you can oways get it done customly right? he did one for his bike before so if i were to get fz16, i will get e bracket to be customized, so i cld get a box fast. i cant picture myself havin no box. heh.
    theres a small compartment but do note the air filter is also there.. i advise not to put anyting in dere as wen i collect my bike on tues.. the mechanic place the tool pouch in a small compartment not realising e pouch was covering the air vent.. when i start e bike, it stall and couldn't start.. luckily the mechanic was around.. but it took 3-4 mechanics to figure out that the tools was blocking the air vent.. hahaha.. juz sharing my experience..

    Like u.. i also cant ride without the box.. hope they can bring it earlier, if not i wud haf to invest on a big waterproof bag for my raincoats.. hehehe.. Anyones who know when the rack will be out kindly update and share wif us! Thanks in advance!!

     

     
  42. #92
    tionghan
    track & trail
    Class 2A tionghan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    533
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    haha somehow this sentences sounds funny to me .. no offences
    Quote Originally Posted by Epigun View Post
    if not i wud haf to invest on a big waterproof bag for my raincoats.

  43. #93
    Epigun
    Better be safe then sorry
    P Plate
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Long Hill
    Posts
    52
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Alamak bro.. Wat i mean is a backpack to put my raincoats since now no box.. Hehehe..

  44. #94
    Fredd
    needs a new bike!!!
    SBF Fazers Fredd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Way up North
    Posts
    4,933
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    invest in a tankbag den..chiap lee sellin ard $70 if i nt wrong..till u get e box..bag useful for tourin oso

  45. #95
    mezan
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    CCK
    Posts
    312
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Epiguin, i suggest you to hook the tool bag onto the seat, thats what I did for mine. Or put it somewhere in the cdi compartment.

  46. #96
    Azzy
    has no status.
    P Plate Azzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Central
    Posts
    170
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Epigun View Post
    theres a small compartment but do note the air filter is also there.. i advise not to put anyting in dere as wen i collect my bike on tues.. the mechanic place the tool pouch in a small compartment not realising e pouch was covering the air vent.. when i start e bike, it stall and couldn't start.. luckily the mechanic was around.. but it took 3-4 mechanics to figure out that the tools was blocking the air vent.. hahaha.. juz sharing my experience..

    Like u.. i also cant ride without the box.. hope they can bring it earlier, if not i wud haf to invest on a big waterproof bag for my raincoats.. hehehe.. Anyones who know when the rack will be out kindly update and share wif us! Thanks in advance!!
    There is a hook and a rubber lock which is meant to stall the tools under the seat. For me, its a must to have a box(storage) for my bike where ever i go. In the meantime, while waiting for the rack to hit our shores, I bought a waterproof Bagster backpack that can fit one helmet n raincoats in it.

  47. #97
    Epigun
    Better be safe then sorry
    P Plate
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Long Hill
    Posts
    52
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by mezan View Post
    Epiguin, i suggest you to hook the tool bag onto the seat, thats what I did for mine. Or put it somewhere in the cdi compartment.
    Yup.. After checking e manual den i hook it under e seat..

  48. #98
    pikapika
    RocketMan SuperEasy
    Class 2 pikapika's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,338
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Epigun View Post
    Talked to one of the mechanics at southern, they can put custom racks on FZ 16. Cost approximately $50.. They will use FZ150i rack BUT they will have to cut the side faring..Im not too sure about how they will cut it.. I wud rather wait for the rack to be release.. Was inform the rack will be out in 1-2 mths time..
    not advisible to use the rack for FZ150i.
    due to the monoshock of the FZ16, i will expect the rack to be an extension from the tail section. lets wait patiently for the rack, i am sure it will be available and by then bike shop will sell the bike with FOC box and RACK.......
    Monster Energy......CBF150........
    "'Chances Favored The Prepared Mind"
    "Your Ambition outweighs Your Talent!"

  49. #99
    elia
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    289
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Fell in love with this baby the first time i laid my eyes on it..=)

  50. #100
    Azzy
    has no status.
    P Plate Azzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Central
    Posts
    170
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by elia View Post
    Fell in love with this baby the first time i laid my eyes on it..=)

Page 2 of 111 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •