User Tag List

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Adding little 2T oil into fuel tank for 4-stroke bike and feel the smoothness

Limsteel
    Still Riding
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SparkerS1 View Post
    I nv use tat before, i like STP the way it is

one bottle of STP gas treatment can last me 3 tanks
    Reputable test on fuel additives as attached below...

as for 2T in petrol, in no position to comment as I have no 1st hand or even 2nd hand experience. But I might give it a try on my 650GS. To me, such low level of 2T in petrol will really need a long time for carbon built up to a catastrophic stage. but I will only consider high Quality 2T.
    Last edited by Limsteel; 20-05-2011 at 06:28 PM.
    91-92: 84 Yam LC125
    95-97: 88 Suz GSX400R & 88 GSX400FW
    97-01: 95 Suz Bandit400
    01-04: 96 Suz DR650SE
    04-11: 99 Suz SV650S
    05-05: 94 Suz DR200SE
    06-16: 06 Kia Rio 1.4(M) Sedan
    11-12: 02 BMW F650GS
    12-16 01 BMW R1150GS
    When- Burgman Tmax ??

IceLkipz
    IceLkipz
    has no status.
    Edit

Hi Guys, I tried adding 2T oil to my fuel on my R15. The vibrations are greatly reduced and thats about it. Nothing else gained. " )

Pandora's Kitten :3
    = White Witch of Toa Payoh
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Yes, the smoothness is addictive. How did my bike feel like it grew another cylinder somewhere? Also, my Phantom does not overheat when doing long sprints on the highway due to more stable combustion (refer to 2T + petrol molecular theory). No need to run super-rich mixture for additional cooling.

SparkerS1
    is not the only
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Limsteel View Post
    Reputable test on fuel additives as attached below...
    it dun show whether it cleans the combustion chamber or not, i dun use it to increase my horsepower thou

Yamaha RXZ, Kawasaki ZX KR150, Yamaha Spark135, Honda CB400 REVO NC42, Suzuki DRZ400SMK8, Aprilia RS125, Suzuki GSXR600K9, Honda RS150R

Click on the bike models for Information/Servicing/Maintenance on Kawasaki KR150, Honda CB400 Revo, Suzuki DRZ400SM and Suzuki GSXR

Facebook HONDA CB400 REVO

Can't post a new thread ?? Read HERE

SBF Garage Sales Act ---> Read HERE

ahcongie
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i don dare to put 2T inside my tank .. y would u wan to do that?i don wan risk damaging my engine ..
    2007-=Honda NSR 150sp=-FR
    2008-=Honda CBR 400=-FP
    2008-=Suzuki GSXR 400=-FK
    2009-=Yzf-R1 2004=-FX
    2010-=Yzf-R1 2010=-FBE
    2011-=Suzuki Gsxr 600 K7=- FBB

TeePee
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

it dun show whether it cleans the combustion chamber or not, i dun use it to increase my horsepower thou
    I don't recommend fuel additives unless you really know what they do to your engine and have currently no other tuning option to fix the issue you have.

Sent from my hong kong gangsta phone using Tapatalk

hachi
    waiting to down grade
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pandora's Kitten :3 View Post
    I don't recommend fuel additives unless you really know what they do to your engine and have currently no other tuning option to fix the issue you have.

During my younger days, I put in MX-21 fuel additive and clogged my carb. Many fuel additives are self pro claim. At least 2T can be burned and provide protection in harsh environment. Some read up in the SG car forum with positive results, I decided to take the risk.
    Engine damage is uncalled for why? Engine damages is usually associated with lack of maintenance like oil change and race/harsh usage.

Just like the fully syn oil myth, risk of engine damage send many bikers pay premium to purchase those oil whereby many forgot that manufactures know their products well. If they dont insist I dont see why they need to put their reputation on the line and recommend just the correct viscosity.
    Bikes Owned: LC125 RXZ135 GSXR400RP CB400VS CB400Spec2 SV650 02CBRF4i FZ1000 CBR929 05YZF-R6 CBR150 HondaSonic125 Yamaha_CygnusX125 KymcoGrandink_250 Hornet_250 04_Yamaha_Tmax Silverwing 400 FZ6_S2 GSXR600K7

Current bikes: NIL

Gear 4th

TeePee
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Last week I did "destructive testing" while using 2T for "assisted lubrication", after some cosmetic surgery and a short riding break of a few days I went out again this time leading a friend on a 2A bike to a photoshoot locale. Bike was not started for almost a week and using an old half tank of petrol from last week plus 2T in it.

How well can a Phantom run with assisted lubrication vs high tropical temperature? It did very well and the bike's performance got favourable comments from the Super Four chasing behind.

byte77
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last week I did "destructive testing" while using 2T for "assisted lubrication", after some cosmetic surgery and a short riding break of a few days I went out again this time leading a friend on a 2A bike to a photoshoot locale. Bike was not started for almost a week and using an old half tank of petrol from last week plus 2T in it.

How well can a Phantom run with assisted lubrication vs high tropical temperature? It did very well and the bike's performance got favourable comments from the Super Four chasing behind.
    Interesting test.
    Used to ride Phantom before, the engine knocks hard when full throttle and even shivering at top speed.
    With the assisted lubrication as described, its limit may be pushed further without much worry.

byte77
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, the smoothness is addictive. How did my bike feel like it grew another cylinder somewhere? Also, my Phantom does not overheat when doing long sprints on the highway due to more stable combustion (refer to 2T + petrol molecular theory). No need to run super-rich mixture for additional cooling.
    The smoothness will encourage one to go faster as engine quieter and you feel like it can do more.

Jehuty
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by byte77 View Post
    The smoothness will encourage one to go faster as engine quieter and you feel like it can do more.
    Less friction, more revs = higher speed?

TeePee
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It is quiet. Especially with a functional windshield reducing the sense of speed quite significantly, it's quiet and smooth enough that you're relying on visual feedback to gauge the acceleration.

(Open throttle. Huh, so quiet. Open more. Wow, the other vehicle is moving backwards )

Won't say adding 20ml of 2T saves any fuel, the performance and improved refinement is worth it.

If you have problems with fuel flow at wide open throttle (leading to the engine sputtering and losing power near to top speed), then 2T helps lubricate your fuel lines as well solving the sputtering problem. This is relevant, once again, to old bikes that you can't be bothered to fix (or can't fix) any other way.

Increased smoothness + no knocking or overheating = shiok. It helps so much because a 4 stroke single cylinder engine naturally creates lots of vibration since it fires only every other stroke. The weight of the crank and the counterweights on it only balance the engine at certain, optimised rpms.

I will probably not promote the use of 2T as a "magic additive". There are no such things.

But if your machine has reached the limits of conventional tuning potential and that of its stock parts, then constructive use of engine and oil additives can and will give you that 110% capability, if you did your homework right!

I think that this 2T thread is useful not only as an interesting lubrication experiment but also sets a precedent to more discussions of "interesting tips"
    Last edited by Pandora's Kitten :3; 23-05-2011 at 05:59 PM.

SparkerS1
    is not the only
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yrs back i already tried this, but i nv post such topic cos i dun wanna be accountable for any problems by other bike users

Yamaha RXZ, Kawasaki ZX KR150, Yamaha Spark135, Honda CB400 REVO NC42, Suzuki DRZ400SMK8, Aprilia RS125, Suzuki GSXR600K9, Honda RS150R

Click on the bike models for Information/Servicing/Maintenance on Kawasaki KR150, Honda CB400 Revo, Suzuki DRZ400SM and Suzuki GSXR

baamvo
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have an aluminum wired home built in 1975. I was going to add a bathroom exhaust fan, and

byte77
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yrs back i already tried this, but i nv post such topic cos i dun wanna be accountable for any problems by other bike users
    Doctors are not held accountable after some died in cancer treatments too.

byte77
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that this 2T thread is useful not only as an interesting lubrication experiment but also sets a precedent to more discussions of "interesting tips"
    The next interesting thread one may want to start should be DIY voltage stabilizer (big capacitors connected in parallel).

For e.g.

ezzyoiler
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

this is very irresponsible thinking...
    i love my ezzyoiler
    experience the miracle...
    where chain cleaning is history...
    call 91797182..

TeePee
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The next interesting thread one may want to start should be DIY voltage stabilizer (big capacitors connected in parallel).

For e.g.
    We have a few in the market already, Power Abuser, Revtec impedance stabiliser etc. Merits more examination and maybe a search for who can make one DIY.

I think the majority of DIY tuners and automotive enthusiasts encounter the usual "naysayers" who shoot down new ideas with threats that "you will need to overhaul your engine shortly".

This creates a culture of fear and causes people to spend much more than they have to on vehicle maintenance than they have to. Because this culture of fear prevents anyone from learning the basic mechanics of the vehicle (and thereafter, the means of making it more efficient / maintain it's efficiency)

To prevent this, simply focus on presenting the theory of the given idea / modification and implement a process of testing and monitoring in stages.

It's perfectly safe - because as I notice there is a large fraction of carburetted bikes out there on the road that aren't custom-tuned are running way too lean for their own good. So you have Phantoms with wrong carb settings and wrong engine oil type / levels going zillions of kilometres for years before being handed down to people like myself who rescue them from the dead.

The majority of us with used motorcycles aren't running manufacturer-recommended specs and they survive just fine, meaning there is a lot of room to experiment with fine-tuning. Don't like it - revert back to previous running condition.

The conclusion is that tuners like me aren't held accountable at all, because the person that does the tuning is the person who actually owns the bike and is holding the screwdriver in his/her own hands. What I do is facilitate joint learning and conduct experiments in support of those who want to push the boundaries of DIY technical awareness There is no commercial intention to such experiments so the emphasis is not running around doing up bikes - it's for other riders' hands on learning experience.

People just show the way and share their experiences on lubrication, where to turn screws, how to judge the effects of tuning, what to look out for etc.

It's free sharing of knowledge, why stop here?

crazydj
    is the Master of Magical Fuel Penguins
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think the majority of DIY tuners and automotive enthusiasts encounter the usual "naysayers" who shoot down new ideas with threats that "you will need to overhaul your engine shortly".

I don't see it as a threat. I just see it as someone giving his view on whatever new idea that has been come up with. For those who see it as a threat, i think that they are either too extreme in their support for their new ideas or do not know enough about the basic concepts at hand and shouldnt be DIY-ing in the first place.

As for me, when i come up with a new idea, i am open to criticism as they can help me further develop my idea. Its like when you create a computer program. You already know what benefits it brings, but you don't know what are the downfalls and bugs that may be present. Hence, i will invite others to come and find any flaws with my theories and explanation.

I feel that the conflict here should be the idea itself rather that who's accountable and all the crap. One person gave an idea. Another person chose to follow it. Yet, another person warned of what he thought could be flawed with the idea. Whatever it is, if the person who followed it engine spoil, he cannot blame anyone because no one forced him to do it. He has to make his own judgement.

Oh well, chill out guys.

PS: I still hold my stand with ezzyoiler on this one. If this idea was sound in the first place, someone would have thought of it many years back. And don't use nonsense like "This is what the oil companies don't want you to know" kinda argument.
    [2005 Yamaha YBR 125]

byte77
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ezzyoiler View Post
    this is very irresponsible thinking...
    Yes I agree with you that this medical practice is irresponsible.
    But this is unavoidable as some's conditions vary.

Anyway, back to 2T oil, it is designed to lubricate and combust better.
    There is no statement on the bottle such as "Inappropriate use may kill your bike." It is perfectly safe to use on bike engine with controlled quantity.

Just like coke, if not taking it as primary water source, it just gives joy.
    Last edited by byte77; 24-05-2011 at 05:03 PM.

TeePee
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It's actually a very common practise for vintage / classic engine restorers to run the engine with a small quantity of 2T for assisted lubrication. Some of those old engines don't have very good top end lubrication.

Others use 2T creatively to make up for flaws in vehicle/engine design or to improve upon basic performance. Rotary engines for instance have oil injection systems that inject oil into the combustion chamber at high throttle positions. Now, car oil doesn't protect the entire cavity of the rotary combustion chambers very well, so RX8 enthusiasts use motorcycle 2T in a premix formula (big car fuel tank here, folks) and viola, they found the 2T does lubricate and protect the entire interior of the rotary engine.

I wonder where the "threat" of chronic sludge buildup came from. It's scientifically irrelevant since 2T usage is related to fuel lines, carburetion and combustion, not sludge buildup in the crankcase/oil sump - the lower mechanical end of the engine.

It may not be well known locally, but eventually such practises, thanks to the Internet and overseas automotive experience, do find their way back home.

It's just like chains with rubber seals in them. Some say that O-rings and X-rings and now Z-rings are useless. Actually, they make chains more efficient and longer-lasting by sealing lubrication between the chain links. A bike shop I know now supplies X-ring chains exclusively and at no extra cost to bikes that are known to suffer from greater than average chain wear (due to the swingarm design and length of the chain).

I was one of the first adopters at that time, knew the reason for designing X-ring seals, ignored people who said X-rings serve no purpose, and enjoyed a chain that lasted pretty much forever with no maintenance (still using it, no adjustment needed).

We're not advocating suddenly putting vodka into the fuel tank for added +10kph speed (that's silly outside of the movies) but old bikes out of warranty can be a lot of fun because there's no correct solution to tuning them to last the next decade.

You can also experiment with some famous racing technologies that were derived from wartime horsepower-boosting techniques. They are very simple and very effective and have found some place in the design of high end cars. If you're creative some of these can be constructed out of household parts

MJ Gurunathan
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have written this because there has been much discussion on the use of two-stroke oils in four-stroke engines (and vice-versa) with little emphasis on what the oils are actually supposed to be used for. If the nature of the oil is understood, it will be easy for you to find other practical uses for it.

Two stroke engines use two-stroke oil (2T) because the fuel-air charge is passed through the bottom end of the engine; that mixture of fuel and air will wash bearings clean of any lubricant, so two-stroke oil is mixed with petrol to add some lubrication to the bottom end of the two-stroke engine. In a two stroke engine, "holes" in the cylinder wall (ports) help pass this mixture through the bottom of the engine and round to the top again for compression and burning.

A four-stroke engine doesn't pass the fuel-air charge through the bottom end of the engine. Instead, that mixture is confined to the combustion chamber by a set of piston rings. Poppet valves help seal the mixture in the combustion chamber for burning. At the end of the whole combustion process, the piston pushes the spent gases out through the exhaust ports (passing the exhaust valves) and the whole cycle starts again. Since the fuel-air mixture is confined to the combustion chamber and does not pass through the crankcase, no added lubrication is required. Oil jets spray oil at the underside of the piston, lubricating the gudgeon pin and cooling the piston crown. Some oil is splashed onto the cylinder walls for piston skirt lubrication, but does not enter the combustion chamber because of a set of scraper and sealing rings.

Rotary engines require a lossy lubrication system; small amounts of oil are added into the combustion chamber to lubricate the apex seals of the engine rotor.

As a four-stroke piston engine wears, the piston rings become less effective at sealing gases in the combustion chamber. This results in some of the mixture 'blowing' past the piston rings and heading down into the crankcase; once it's there, those gases react with your engine oil to produce some pretty foul by-products. Valve seals also leak, allowing oil from the cylinder head to drain into the combustion chamber. You can easily tell valve seal failure by the sooty and oily appearance of four-stroke exhaust ports and exhaust valve stems.

As for oils:

2T is two-stroke specific oil that is designed to be burnt together with the fuel-air mixture. This is the 'engine oil' of two stroke motorcycles.

4T is an oil that is designed to lubricate the valve-train, camshafts, gears, timing chain (or gears) as well as (in most motorcycles) the gearbox and clutch of a four-stroke engine. This is the 'engine oil' of four-stroke motorcycles and commonly, the 'gearbox oil' of two-stroke motorcycles. Most motorcycle engine oils differ from car oils in that they do not have some of the anti-friction additives that car oils have. This is because motorcycle oils are designed to lubricate the wet clutch of a motorcycle engine; since clutches depend on friction to work, putting an anti-friction additive into a motorcycle engine oil would be reducing the functionality of the clutch.

'Gear oil' is a thick, heavy oil that is used to lubricate gearboxes, transfer cases, differentials and (in the case of a motorcycle) final drive units. It is not suitable for use in motorcycle transmissions unless it is specified as such. Any oil marked 'Hypoid Gear Oil', 'EP oil' or 'GL' is specifically designed to lubricate gearboxes. The use of such oils in a motorcycle transmission isn't recommended by manufacturers. Since such an oil is extremely viscous (thick), you'll notice your two-stroke motorcycle transmission may be a little sluggish. The clutch may also drag on a cold day when first starting the engine.

SparkerS1
    is not the only
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crazydj View Post
    If this idea was sound in the first place, someone would have thought of it many years back.
    I guessed u nv notice my above post

TeePee
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

One month in with the carb retuned to compensate for 2t, bike absolutely flies, no hesitation on acceleration and very smooth. If anything it gets better tank after tank, proving the deposit issue is a myth and the American way of defaulting to mineral 2t for complete combustion is correct.

Ten thousand RPM at second to fourth gear on a veteran bike is something to behold.

tiku
    has no status.
    Class 2A
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

after reading this, i v keen in trying out..i gt a 3yr old or ever older 2t opened before...so im wondering will 2t ever expire...can seem to find any scientific article on it..
    WTS givi e16 smile box, with led @$20

interested party , do PM me..

TeePee
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tiku View Post
    after reading this, i v keen in trying out..i gt a 3yr old or ever older 2t opened before...so im wondering will 2t ever expire...can seem to find any scientific article on it..
    oil does have a shelf life so use the old oil for other purposes like chain lube, or other more creative purposes. New oil is inexpensive anyway :-)

crazydj
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I guessed u nv notice my above post
    I was being sarcastic bro.
    [2005 Yamaha YBR 125]

ezzyoiler
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

haha...those who know..are staying away..

2 t ...in my oiler ..not in my 4 stroke bike....
    i love my ezzyoiler
    call 91797182..

spaiduhz
    is feeling rather meh
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haha...those who know..are staying away..

2 t ...in my oiler ..not in my 4 stroke bike....
    Yes, you don't agree with what's being discussed. We got you the first time. We got you again, and again, and again. Now if you have anything of any substance to add? Listening to a broken record gets annoying, friend. Also annoying is the unecessary abuse of epillipses. Just saying.

For me, it gets annoying to hear some fellows who insist on using fully synthetic engine oil, iridium plugs and "minimum" ron98 petrol, all in the mistaken belief that these products protect the engine better. Same people can barely understand how an internal combustion engine works, have NEVER done the most basic of bike maintenance, have the cheek to try to engage me on what to do to make my bike engine perform better.

Ezzy, these ladies and gentlemen are just sharing their real world observations. For some, there was an obvious benefit. For me, there was none. Maybe you have some real world examples of a motorcycle engine blowing up due to the addition of small amounts two stroke motorcycle oil?
    Bajaj Pulsar 180 - UG3 (2007 - )
    Suzuki GSXR-400 (2008 - 2009)
    Piaggio Vespa GT 200L (2009 - 2011)
    Yamaha YBX 125 (2010 - )
    Yamaha FZ S1 '05 (2011 - )

tiku
    has no status.
    Class 2A
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oil does have a shelf life so use the old oil for other purposes like chain lube, or other more creative purposes. New oil is inexpensive anyway :-)

thanks for the feedback.. think i will post online giving it away to those who need it as chain lub..LOL

ezzyoiler
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by spaiduhz View Post
    Yes, you don't agree with what's being discussed. We got you the first time. We got you again, and again, and again. Now if you have anything of any substance to add? Listening to a broken record gets annoying, friend. Also annoying is the unecessary abuse of epillipses. Just saying.

For me, it gets annoying to hear some fellows who insist on using fully synthetic engine oil, iridium plugs and "minimum" ron98 petrol, all in the mistaken belief that these products protect the engine better. Same people can barely understand how an internal combustion engine works, have NEVER done the most basic of bike maintenance, have the cheek to try to engage me on what to do to make my bike engine perform better.

Ezzy, these ladies and gentlemen are just sharing their real world observations. For some, there was an obvious benefit. For me, there was none. Maybe you have some real world examples of a motorcycle engine blowing up due to the addition of small amounts two stroke motorcycle oil?
    so it is okay to agree with ts or whoever support this idea..
    i dont understand why you have such a strong reaction ...it seems that you are right ..opposition views shouldnt be repeated?? 2t in 4 stroke engines are good and can be repeated again and again..
    this idea goes absolute against current mainstream thinking..and is ok..to be repeated...???

think about it...if my views so irritate you...please just block it out..
    it seems that somehow you are tailgating me...in this forum...
    i have no intention of shutting you up...i have my views and others have theirs too...
    and i do give you the respect as with all who contributed their ideas...rightly or not so correct views..
    it is not up to me to censure anyone...
    and i expect the same..

for those who want real life experiences just check with 2 stroke bikers...about the built up of carbon in their exhaust system do to their machine performances...
    Last edited by ezzyoiler; 02-07-2011 at 11:17 PM.
    i love my ezzyoiler
    call 91797182..

Limsteel
    Still Riding
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can we all agree to disagree. Each have our own belief and faith. Here Riders are giving 1st hand account about 2t in 4 Stroke Engine. Another group of Riders are warning others about the damaged that can be done.

There no right or wrong, it is a Butt-dyno vs Principle (2T not made for 4Stroke engine). There are tonnes of additives out in the market. do we really know what's inside? I remember putting some pink creamy non-flammable gel into my SV650S fuel tank that claims to improve performance & other miracles. I finished the whole bottle with no advert effect and no improvement. So? it is up to individual to take the risk.

Riders who wants to try this, should be warn about the adverse effect. I support Both Groups, successful trial should be shared but other who wants to try must be cautioned as well.
    Last edited by Limsteel; 02-07-2011 at 11:45 PM.
    12-16 01 BMW R1150GS
    When- Burgman Tmax ??

ben1112
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I heard over the radio the other day about SPC having a new petrol formulation that provides lubrication to the top of the piston. Similar concept?
    Scooter Tuning Is Not A Crime.

tiku
    has no status.
    Class 2A
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ben1112 View Post
    I heard over the radio the other day about SPC having a new petrol formulation that provides lubrication to the top of the piston. Similar concept?
    went to their web.. seems like wat caltex is having but at a better price.. hope it is as smooth as caltex ..hehehe cant wait for my next refill

Limsteel
    Still Riding
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I switch to SPC 92 ever since it opened at SengKang as it is very near home and I get 15%+ discount when my POSB everyday Master card. My Bike performance aren't too much different. Just topped up the 1st tankful of the newly launched LEVO thingy. don't feel any big different too... Or maybe just my Butt Dyno is not as sensitive as the rest.

BTW Haven't try out the 2T yet. anyone can spare me 100ml?

Previously, my engine runs at 4-5Krpm and cruise at 100-120Km/h on the expressway (~22Km/ltr). I've been going easy on my throttle lately never exceeding 4Krpm and 100Km/H. hopefully this will increase my fuel econ.
    12-16 01 BMW R1150GS
    When- Burgman Tmax ??

crazydj
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ezzyoiler, i have to be frank with you. I want to tell you nicely, but there is no nicer way to put this. The thing is that, you keep over-promoting your oiler. Yes, we got it the first time. And the second. And every single damn subsequent time. From a personal point of view, it feels very irritating.

My advice is, learn from the advertising companies out there. If you are going to advertise for your oiler, make your advertisements different each time. Perhaps one with a picture comic. Another, perhaps with a short essay. Or maybe, a detailed diagram on how your oiler works? You get the picture here.

For example, Macdonalds doesn't keep saying and showing you the same damn advertisement every time right? Every few weeks, they advertise their product a different way.

PS: You cannot say i am flaming you ah. Here i am, giving you my humble opinion while giving you suggestions on how you can improve on your advertising strategies. I hope this helps.
    [2005 Yamaha YBR 125]

xXxRatedxXx
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ezzyoiler, i have to be frank with you. I want to tell you nicely, but there is no nicer way to put this. The thing is that, you keep over-promoting your oiler. Yes, we got it the first time. And the second. And every single damn subsequent time. From a personal point of view, it feels very irritating.

My advice is, learn from the advertising companies out there. If you are going to advertise for your oiler, make your advertisements different each time. Perhaps one with a picture comic. Another, perhaps with a short essay. Or maybe, a detailed diagram on how your oiler works? You get the picture here.

For example, Macdonalds doesn't keep saying and showing you the same damn advertisement every time right? Every few weeks, they advertise their product a different way.

PS: You cannot say i am flaming you ah. Here i am, giving you my humble opinion while giving you suggestions on how you can improve on your advertising strategies. I hope this helps.

xXxRatedxXx
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Put 2T inside =

ezzyoiler
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

thank you for your wonderful suggestions...
    haha...u are getting personal...
    you have your views and i have mine...

if you disagree...just say so...dont have to be personal...
    i love my ezzyoiler
    call 91797182..

ezzyoiler
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Limsteel View Post
    I switch to SPC 92 ever since it opened at SengKang as it is very near home and I get 15%+ discount when my POSB everyday Master card. My Bike performance aren't too much different. Just topped up the 1st tankful of the newly launched LEVO thingy. don't feel any big different too... Or maybe just my Butt Dyno is not as sensitive as the rest.

BTW Haven't try out the 2T yet. anyone can spare me 100ml?

Previously, my engine runs at 4-5Krpm and cruise at 100-120Km/h on the expressway (~22Km/ltr). I've been going easy on my throttle lately never exceeding 4Krpm and 100Km/H. hopefully this will increase my fuel econ.
    come over free 2 t for you...bring your own bottle.
    i love my ezzyoiler
    call 91797182..

spaiduhz
    is feeling rather meh
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Double dragon!
    Yamaha YBX 125 (2010 - )

spaiduhz
    is feeling rather meh
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mu-mu-mu-multi-kill!
    Yamaha YBX 125 (2010 - )

spaiduhz
    is feeling rather meh
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i dont understand why you have such a strong reaction ...it seems that you are right ..opposition views shouldnt be repeated?? 2t in 4 stroke engines are good and can be repeated again and again..
    this idea goes absolute against current mainstream thinking..and is ok..to be repeated...???

i have no intention of shutting you up...i have my views and others have theirs too...
    and i do give you the respect as with all who contributed their ideas...rightly or not so correct views..
    and i expect the same..

for those who want real life experiences just check with 2 stroke bikers...about the built up of carbon in their exhaust system do to their machine performances...

and i expect the same..

I have never said you can't add. Unfortunately, you haven't been adding anything of substance for the last few posts. That is all that I am trying to say.

You come across as trying to force your opinions onto us. That, I object to.

Friends of mine using 2t bikes have little trouble with carbon buildup. Their bikes are setup in a way that just about enough 2t oil is pumped into the cylinder. Some used to think that more 2t is better, until someone set it up correctly. Too much 2t bogs up the engine, causes excessive smoke, and choked the exhaust with unburnt 2t oil.

The fellows who set their 2t correctly only had to go for a short highway ride to burn off any carbon buildup.
    Yamaha YBX 125 (2010 - )

Jehuty
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All bikes eventually have carbon buildup in their exhaust, even those without 2T

ikki
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

everytime an experiment comes about, it's words of those who tried that carries weight. those who didn't carry little or no weight at all in their words.

for example in the octane booster video, whoever that haven't tried the power booster, which claim to improve engine performance, don't know whether it's contributing or not. one thing's for sure, it's not helping on stock engines.

similarly to the turbomag, forumers here who tried said it's working. but on another forum, turbomag is not working for them. who to believe? if u're sceptical enough, try it yourself. it will be beneficial to all forumers here. coz only sceptics who try have the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by xXxRatedxXx View Post
    Put 2T inside =

it's wif nitrous, not 2t.

Quote Originally Posted by spaiduhz View Post
    I have never said you can't add. Unfortunately, you haven't been adding anything of substance for the last few posts. That is all that I am trying to say.

You come across as trying to force your opinions onto us. That, I object to.
    true that.
    Surfing the road.

DerFuhrer
    is revived
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dont try to put 2T onto your fuel on a 4stroke bike..it will hurt. Trust me cos I did it before.
    ~ The Law is what I typed above

spaiduhz
    is feeling rather meh
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DerFuhrer View Post
    Dont try to put 2T onto your fuel on a 4stroke bike..it will hurt. Trust me cos I did it before.
    How did the 2t damage your bike? Could you say?
    Yamaha YBX 125 (2010 - )

ikki
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DerFuhrer View Post
    details will be very helpful.
    Surfing the road.

ezzyoiler
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

so quiet here..all who tried enjoying their rides like never before..so no time to post..
    i love my ezzyoiler
    call 91797182..

lesterlee90
    has no status.
    Class 2A
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the ezzyoiler thingy is kind of irritating sometimes, just saying. lol..

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast