Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Bike Stolen in Msia

Hi guys,

My DRZ400SM [FBD388L] was stolen in JB last Sat.

I had done the following:

- police report in JB
    - police report in Singapore
    - inform insurance company
    - inform my bike shop
    - inform LTA.

Anything we need to do? Is there any document we need to send to the Msian side?

My Past Rides: Yamaha WR200, Yamaha X1, Suzuki DRZ400SM (Stolen by frags in JB recently...)

My Current Ride: Honda Phantom TA200.

jwengz
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey bro,guess m e latest victim here...last sat my drz,fbb416a was stolen oso at taman pelangi,abt 12pm to 1pm.all reports r done,nw juz wait for insurance claims...my bike shop told me to get a final police report at jb after 3mth.so hws ur case so far?

stRobe
    has no status.
    Class 2A
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry for your loses bros. Hope yor insurance companies pay out a reasonable compensation.

Mind sharing the circumstances of your loss? eg. how long your bike was left unattended? Went alone or in a group?
    In a Time of Universal Deceit, Telling the Truth is a Revolutionary Act

shahrul_azmil3
    go to guy for missuwedding
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think thats all tat can be done bro. Just wait for insurance claim.

By the way, it would be nice if u could story abit how u guys bike got stolen. At least a lesson for all of us to learn from.

No offence .

sent using tapatalk. (www.missuwedding.com)
    Past to present rides

Honda nsr sp 150 pro arm
    Honda super4 ver s - yamaha rxz 135
    Honda cbr 600 rr
    Suzuki hayabusa 1300 - yamaha cygnus 125 - yamaha lc135 spark
    Aprilia sr max 300 I.e

Silent Hunter
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Oh dear! Looks like there is a syndicate targeting DRZs in JB!
    Can tell us where the bikes were stolen?

The Police there are starting to ride scamblers, so it may also be a group of wannabees stealing scramblers.

My ex-classmate lost his XR4 there too. Next to City square.
    Motorcyclist are the nicest people on the road, try not to kill us.

overcrash
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jwengz View Post
    hey bro,guess m e latest victim here...last sat my drz,fbb416a was stolen oso at taman pelangi,abt 12pm to 1pm.all reports r done,nw juz wait for insurance claims...my bike shop told me to get a final police report at jb after 3mth.so hws ur case so far?
    The insurance company's appointed investigation firm told me that they would be getting the report at the malaysia side.

Now I am just waiting for the claim to go thru after X number of months. Minimum is 3 months.

Do we need to send them any document? Like Log Card or Insurance Policy?

My Past Rides: Yamaha WR200, Yamaha X1, Suzuki DRZ400SM (Stolen by frags in JB recently...)

overcrash
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

My bike was parked along the walkway, where alot of Msian bike was biking and the flow of human traffic is pretty heavy along the walkway.
    There were security guards on bike patrolling.

I had a 1 hour lunch and found my bike missing when I walk to the place where I parked my bike (less than 100m away).

Did I mention it was lost at Sutera Mall? Around 12km away from the Causeway.

So can I say I no need to do anything now except to wait for the claim to go thru?

For anyone who lost their bike, you can deregister your bike (after 3 months from date of police report), and you can get COE rebate.
    If you are looking to retain the number plate of the stolen bike, it will take minimum 18 months. For retention, you need to write in to LTA.

donutbiker
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so sorry for the lost.

can i asked if the handlebar was locked and was there additional disc lock used?

this is one of my main worries whenever i ride in to msia, and the reason why i don't hang around in JB town near the causeway.

hope you get your claim approved asap.

donutbiker
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so sorry for the lost.

can i asked if the handlebar was locked and was there additional disc lock used?

this is one of my main worries whenever i ride in to msia, and the reason why i don't hang around in JB town near the causeway.

hope you get your claim approved asap.

overcrash
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

handlebar locked with 2 way alarm system armed...
    if they aimed your bike and wanna steal it, i don't think there's anything you can do besides not riding in at all.

overcrash
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

handlebar locked with 2 way alarm system armed...
    if they aimed your bike and wanna steal it, i don't think there's anything you can do besides not riding in at all.

valente19
    =D
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bro.. sorry for your lost..
    I AM WATCHING

speedaddict
    accomplished Genting/KL!
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thats sad.. So super4 and drzs are the hot stuff in JB now?

"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool."

CyBerKnighT
    is sleeping!
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Super 4 stolen are usually for their 'Showas' .. Wonder what are they gonna do with DRZs?
    ~~ WhEn AnGeL DeSerVeS tO diE ~~
    ~~ SearChinG FoR My LoSt SouL ~~
    ~~ To LiVe AnD LeT DiE ~~
    ~~ EveryOnE WaS BorN tO SerVe a PurPoSe ~~

06 Nov 2006 = Kawasaki KRR 150 //
    03 Jun 2008 = Suzuki GSXR 400 //
    12 Jan 2009 = Honda Wave 125 //
    21 Aug 2010 = Honda Super 4 Spec 1 //

Winners
    win all the way
    Class 2B
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bros, be more vigilant when parking your bike in JB. I always practice the following additions:

a. Cover with canvas.
    b. Use 2 disc locks (front and back) and 1 with alarm as well.
    c. If possible, use another bicycle lock. This will be used to "chain" the wheel to the floor bar (some car parks do provide these).

The above will not guarantee that your bike won't get stolen but at least they act as additional deterrents to the would-be thieves.

overcrash
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by valente19 View Post
    bro.. sorry for your lost..
    heng suay one la.. now all i got to keep, is the number plate.. must wait 18 months...

now riding a phantom before i do a bigger upgrade! haha.

what you riding now bro?

r0ngcheng
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bro same here my S4 version S got stolen inside the KSL carpark. SOmemore the CCTV didnt manage to capture the no. plate of the 2 thieves. It was a cuP kia blue in colour with extreme bright light shining causing the poor vision of their no. plate. Btw IF any one saw my Bike FQ7663E cream in colour please PM me thanks. SOme more it happens on 6july 2011.... DAMn..

speedaddict
    accomplished Genting/KL!
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

S4 owners who enter jb pls bring extra protection.. Disc lock and bicycle lock. S4s are very hot stuff for them.

"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool."

Jehuty
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by speedaddict View Post
    S4 owners who enter jb pls bring extra protection.. Disc lock and bicycle lock. S4s are very hot stuff for them.
    They still can steal your rear shocks even with disc locks and they do it very fast.

Please be reminded that Msia isn't Singapore, watch out for JB and KL, other places are relatively safer but don't let your guard down. Gangs here are like birdshit compared to the ones there. Don't make yourself an easy target.

Want to carry bags, don't sling them behind, carry on your lap for both rider and pillion, helmet carry everywhere you go, put on handlebar and it will take them less than a sec.

Try not to resist when you kena and when you're alone, they are always in a group.
    Last edited by Jehuty; 15-07-2011 at 10:54 PM.

overcrash
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The lesson I learnt, is simple - Never ever ride in again. For touring maybe, but never ever if aint.

samuelftw5
    (:
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Thanks for the experience shared!(:

人在做, 天在看

2_wheeler
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My S4, FP6926J (Ver S) was stolen on 11/06/2011 @ Carrefour Johor Bahru

The bike was covered with bike cover, handle bar locked, and disc brake lock on the rear of the bike.

Rare Honda Silverwing 600 for Sale!

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php/477349-Rare-Honda-Silverwing-600

ludacris10
    Seen my S4??
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry to hear your lost bro I also have a nasty encounter with them . Hope the cops do a raid or operation soon!
    WTS: CB400-PB1

Search my threads! Thanks for viewing!

Jehuty
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ludacris10 View Post
    Sorry to hear your lost bro I also have a nasty encounter with them . Hope the cops do a raid or operation soon!
    Will never happen.

ludacris10
    Seen my S4??
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WTS: CB400-PB1

Search my threads! Thanks for viewing!

Doomxxx
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As above owner make police report and related department.

The owner need to follow up himself because Malaysia and Singapore police no link. They don't care.
    After 3 month from the date of the police report. Call the police officer in charge as in the letter in police report. They will ask you to come collect letter if bike still not found-must bring the Malaysia police report for stolen bike so they can have case reference to print the letter. The letter will state that Malaysia Police unable to find the bike.
    Use that letter and sent a copy to all related department(LTA, insurance(if not cannot claim), bike shop if under installment-still need to pay installment even bike lost).
    If never collect letter will cannot claim insurance(so the longer time to collect letter to show to LTA and insurance company the longer time to claim). If want fast claim immediate after 3 month must go JB police station(near JB town Shell station) to take letter. Must 3 month if not JB police will not issue letter.
    Show a copy of the JB police letter by fax to insurance and LTA after contact the department/can direct go down. So that person will follow up.
    LTA will process very fast less than 2 week will received the 2 letter and 2 cheque separately from LTA one for the COE rebate pro-rated COE price and one road tax also pro-rated from the date missing on the bike when register the COE. The bike will be deregister automatically(meaning no more inspection letter/road tax from LTA).
    After provide letter to insurance they will insurance will take 1~2 month to claim the money. Before they make insurance make payment. They officer will call to tell owner the insurance claim amount, if the owner not happy can nego but price will not be much different because the claim will base on the market price of the same model and year. Maybe extra $$100 to few hundred for big bike.
    After agree on price the PIC of the insurance will arrange time and date for the owner to come down to collect cheque and sign a letter(owner agree on price and no more further action).

Hope the info will be helpful to all biker/car/any Singapore vehicle lost in Malaysia.

fatboypin
    has throttlelust...:P
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Doomxxx View Post
    As above owner make police report and related department.

The owner need to follow up himself because Malaysia and Singapore police no link. They don't care.
    After 3 month from the date of the police report. Call the police officer in charge as in the letter in police report. They will ask you to come collect letter if bike still not found-must bring the Malaysia police report for stolen bike so they can have case reference to print the letter. The letter will state that Malaysia Police unable to find the bike.
    Use that letter and sent a copy to all related department(LTA, insurance(if not cannot claim), bike shop if under installment-still need to pay installment even bike lost).
    If never collect letter will cannot claim insurance(so the longer time to collect letter to show to LTA and insurance company the longer time to claim). If want fast claim immediate after 3 month must go JB police station(near JB town Shell station) to take letter. Must 3 month if not JB police will not issue letter.
    Show a copy of the JB police letter by fax to insurance and LTA after contact the department/can direct go down. So that person will follow up.
    LTA will process very fast less than 2 week will received the 2 letter and 2 cheque separately from LTA one for the COE rebate pro-rated COE price and one road tax also pro-rated from the date missing on the bike when register the COE. The bike will be deregister automatically(meaning no more inspection letter/road tax from LTA).
    After provide letter to insurance they will insurance will take 1~2 month to claim the money. Before they make insurance make payment. They officer will call to tell owner the insurance claim amount, if the owner not happy can nego but price will not be much different because the claim will base on the market price of the same model and year. Maybe extra $$100 to few hundred for big bike.
    After agree on price the PIC of the insurance will arrange time and date for the owner to come down to collect cheque and sign a letter(owner agree on price and no more further action).

Hope the info will be helpful to all biker/car/any Singapore vehicle lost in Malaysia.
    Useful info. Moral of the story: just e alert and not stupid enough to let ur bike get stolen when in msia.

Isopropyl
    has no status.
    Class 2
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fatboypin View Post
    Useful info. Moral of the story: just e alert and not stupid enough to let ur bike get stolen when in msia.
    wow!!! very insulting...

RickoSuzuki
    is a hot Baby B-King
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Feel sorry for ur lost bro, i know it seems far-fetched but i hope they find your bike,

My best wishes,

Ricko.

I Trololol in ya face..

Rides- Baby B-King

three
    is hated by most, envied by others, yet wanted by many.
    Class 2A
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fatboypin View Post
    You must be very clever.....
    Bikes
    Men ride it. Boys dream about it.

fatboypin
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by three View Post
    You must be very clever.....
    And you are either a joker or being sarcastic.

Nope, I am just kiasi, so I never let the bike out of my sight when in Msia, and I only go to less crowded places for supper, that's it.

FYI, my friends have also shared with me their own experiences. Most happening was how they had parked their bikes in their own Msian landed properties, but only to wake up the next day to see that the bikes have disappeared.
    Last edited by fatboypin; 27-11-2011 at 03:53 PM. Reason: FYI

fatboypin
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Isopropyl View Post
    wow!!! very insulting...
    Just to clarify, it was not meant to be offensive.

Most theft happen mostly cos of carelessness on the part of the owner (regardless of property). Being alert to the various threats/security concerns should suffice to prevent the loss of anyone's property. I myself have lost my stuff due to a moment's carelessness or even laziness to want to secure them, so I admit that I was stupid back then. And of course, I cursed at myself back then, and subsequently make it an effort not to repeat the same old mistake again.

Hope no offence taken. And I do apologise if it had touched on some sensitivities. Purely unintentional.

Biker77
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

even cars r stolen. dun talk abt small bikes like ours.

think leave d bikes for 1 min aso cannot lo.
    just pump petrol quick ciao le lo

Doomxxx
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If scare this and that then better dont go Malaysia. Go there unhappy for what?

ticks
    is learning supermoto
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haih...sorry for your lost bro...it's like third world country there...The Sultan has so many high end sport cars but the people steal cars/bikes coming in from Sg...
    Ride fast..ride safe..don't crash...

Biker77
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ticks View Post
    haih...sorry for your lost bro...it's like third world country there...The Sultan has so many high end sport cars but the people steal cars/bikes coming in from Sg...
    Given them a chance, I hv no doubts they can n wil do it lo!!

ChaoPuzzy1968
    has no status, no money and YUP YUP
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1, park where you can see , not to resist but to take picture ,
    2 locking the handle bar and disc lock is to provide enough time for you to do that.

I would avoid hot spots where bike keep going missing.

because there are people making information exchange to target the bike at that place . this is a thriving bussiness, they value that they gain from this bussiness is better than what you bring to them.

so it not wrong except that one feel hurt to be call stupid to keep going there (it's true)

so as a biker , yah I am stupid....
    Life sux..Take control ..and live it and pick yourselves up now.. die later
    if the roads end ....i go off road
    Honda Shadow ACE 400 1997
    V-strom 1k
    Dr 200

"Bikers Don't bleed, we mark our territory"...
    "Bikers Don't leave our body behind , we just a smear on the road"
    "Bikers Don't cry When we Die, we just let others do it on our behalf"
    "Bikers Don't stop Riding,We keep cruzing after we Die"

ahken
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

UPDATE BIKE FOUND!!
    Hello fellow bikers, my bike was stolen on 4 dec 2011
    Please help me keep a lookout for my bike. Bike was lost at punggol mscp

plate no: FT3327L
    Bike model: Honda nsr sp

Photo0087.jpgPhoto0091.jpg29880_10150197262115344_671155343_12910801_5500500_n.jpg
    Last edited by ahken; 22-12-2011 at 09:04 PM.
    - HONDA NSR SP 150 Apr 2010 to Dec 2011-
    - Aprilia RS125 Dec 2011 to ???? -

ahken
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

UPDATE BIKE FOUND!!
    double post
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ahken; 22-12-2011 at 09:05 PM.
    - HONDA NSR SP 150 Apr 2010 to Dec 2011-
    - Aprilia RS125 Dec 2011 to ???? -

Jehuty
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ticks View Post
    Its not because Msia is a third world country, its because Singaporeans take security for granted. Understand that Msia is rife with corruption, JB and KL being major cities tends to be a saturated with it and whatever that comes along with it.

overcrash
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Hi all, my claim will be done in the coming weeks, hopefully next, since Malaysia side did not issue a letter, I waited till the 6 mths period is up.

So when I go to LTA to process the COE rebate, do they need the letter even if its after the 6 months period?

semi66
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dear Bros and Sis. I lost my bike at KSL city yesterday afternoon 2 to 2.30pm. It was stole by a Malay men.
    My bike is Yamaha RXZ,
    white colour,
    Plate # FU7118S
    Any one have seen it please help to call Police. Thanks.

robertgl
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry for your loss. Hope you can recover your bike.

Quote Originally Posted by semi66 View Post
    Dear Bros and Sis. I lost my bike at KSL city yesterday afternoon 2 to 2.30pm. It was stole by a Malay men.
    My bike is Yamaha RXZ,
    white colour,
    Plate # FU7118S

Andykoa
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by semi66 View Post
    My bike is Yamaha RXZ,
    white colour,
    Plate # FU7118S
    Hi everyone my name is Andy I lost my bike at KSL city too
    It is agony and frustrated to lost your vehicle,
    I would like to meet up any Bros who lost their Bike in Johor Bahru, together we can learn where they usually do their crime and creating a support group to any bros facing this kind of situation.

We might never find our beloved Bike , but together we might retrieve or help each other and even catch those *******

http://motoring.asiaone.com/Motoring...17-328563.html

This article inspire me ,We Singaporean is not a easy target.
    OUR PAIN IS NOT YOUR GAIN!!!
    Please PM ME.

vteclee
    finally left a few item on the checklist.
    Class 2B
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Cbr 400rr stolen

FP4836Z
    CBR 400 RR
    BLACK

26 JAN 2013
    0845 PM

bike was stolen at taman sri tebrau opp ah pow wanton mee. bike was handlebar locked. anyone who saw the bike. please contact local authorities or contact me at 91995565. thanks.

Andrew.

AnakinSkywalker
    2B
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Guys, just to check, I own a Yamaha Nouvo, do you think the Malaysian frags will target a cheap bike like mine?
    not to say i wont take precautions but i am still worried.

ticks
    is learning supermoto
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whenever bike they also take.
    Ride fast..ride safe..don't crash...

KENFOO_18
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinSkywalker View Post
    Hi Guys, just to check, I own a Yamaha Nouvo, do you think the Malaysian frags will target a cheap bike like mine?
    not to say i wont take precautions but i am still worried.
    BETTER do not go in if not needed...

rider2013
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Malaysians come to singapore to steal jobs, then singaporeans drive/ride in to malaysia , malaysians steal vehicles..

rider2013
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Think ok to go in pump fuel and come back to singapore immediately, everything is safe when you reached singapore customs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast