User Tag List

Thread: Please Sir, Can you not cook curry Sir?

LTC
    wat status?
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Please Sir, Can you not cook curry Sir?

I have low tolerance for spicy stuffs but I love curry...

Are we being integrated or are our visitors integrating to our society?
    On this day... 9th August 2011. I say...
    I respect the different races, languages and religions.
    That is how I integrate with our society.

Why should CMC change our lifestyle/ culture when the foreigner cannot integrate themselves?
    I prefer curry over PRC anytime cos it makes my prata taste better. A PRC will only spoil my appetite.

http://speakspokewritewrote.wordpres...ook-curry-sir/
    Last edited by LTC; 09-08-2011 at 11:03 PM.
    X1-R 2010 model
    Star Brake Lines
    K&N Air Filter
    EzzyOiler
    Fuel Consumption Excel File (Update columns in blue), download @ http://dl.dropbox.com/u/38849257/Fuel%20Consumption-20120222-154031.xls

BLACK COMET
    's Bike is now white...........
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Hmmmm nothing wrong with cooking curry actually.

I kinda enjoy cooking curry even thou I am not a Indian. Cooking curry is an ancient art. It's not easy to master.

On a second note, I kinda notice something. (Maybe I sounds like I'm FT bashing again)

Needless to say, we sure have Indian Neighbours leaving around our units.

Different races sure have their kind of scent. It's just unique to individual race. It's just a identity and nothing offensive.

I never have issue with Malays cooking their rendang, Indians cooking their Curry, Chinese frying their fish.

But once a unit is rented out to Indian FT, that's it. every evening they cook, Their foriegn curry smell will lingers for a while.
    It tends to be abit over powering.

Not sure why. Maybe Using a cooking exhaust hood or maintaining it is not in their culture?

Jehuty
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I was the indian family, no like me cooking curry, go back China. I rather smell curry than PRC, PRC smell alot worse.

xXxRatedxXx
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh you curry nazi.

LTC
    wat status?
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BLACK COMET View Post
    Not sure why. Maybe Using a cooking exhaust hood or maintaining it is not in their culture?
    No amount of exhaust hood can rid the aroma of good curry.
    X1-R 2010 model
    Star Brake Lines
    K&N Air Filter
    EzzyOiler
    Fuel Consumption Excel File (Update columns in blue), download @ http://dl.dropbox.com/u/38849257/Fuel%20Consumption-20120222-154031.xls

Jehuty
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LTC View Post
    No amount of exhaust hood can rid the aroma of good curry.
    Good mutton curry, 1 egg 1 kosong. Bro you making me hungry.

bluelabel
    wants to ride a Bicycle
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow Curry also cannot cook. We really do have to accommodate this foreigners dont we?

I cant believe the Indian family is so gentle with this Smelly PRCs in accommodating them, to not cook when they are around or being so nice as to let them try out their curry. I will spit and urine in the curry before letting this foreigners try my CURRY.

FOREIGNERS 1 - LOCAL 0
    Last edited by bluelabel; 10-08-2011 at 07:38 AM.

Lexanez
    loves Saber!
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Kudos to the attitude of the Indian family to accommodate the PRCs.

If the report is as stated and without any bias, then I take offence with Community Mediation Center or CMC for short.

How could a local agency seek a compromise by telling local citizens not to cook curry? Even if it were to be in fairness, how could the center ask a group of people whose race have been taking curry as their staple food, not to cook it when the PRCs are in? Even more ridiculous to consider, how could they restrict the timings for these people to eat, especially when it involves their staple food? If it is about the locals, then that is how Singapore is, I guess. Nothing good for the citizens, though I would like to see if this is in-between 2 FT families of Indian and Chinese descent.

Damn! How could foreigners just trample upon Citizens with the back-up from our local agencies!

I don't blame the foreigners for being so arrogant (Does not apply to all foreigners), I blame our government and its agencies for making them so arrogant (Applies to all agencies) without telling them to integrate into our society. Frankly speaking, all I've been hearing is how they tell us to accept the foreigners but not telling foreigners to assimilate into our culture, pretty funny how things work around here.
    I'm a Tutor! Proud to be one!

LTC
    wat status?
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jehuty View Post
    Good mutton curry, 1 egg 1 kosong. Bro you making me hungry.
    I like... Cheese mushroom prata with curry also sedap...

Quote Originally Posted by bluelabel View Post
    Wow Curry also cannot cook. We really do have to accommodate this foreigners dont we?

I cant believe the Indian family is so gentle with this Smelly PRCs in accommodating them, to not cook when they are around or being so nice as to let them try out their curry. I will spit and urine in the curry before letting this foreigners try my CURRY.

FOREIGNERS 1 - LOCAL 0
    Most PRCs dun like the taste of chilli just like most ang moh dun like the smell of durians. But one thing definitely different is the ang moh will not call for a ban of the durians but leave us alone to eat our durians... The PRC obviously cannot integrate into our society but dominate us. KNN...

Quote Originally Posted by Lexanez View Post
    Kudos to the attitude of the Indian family to accommodate the PRCs.

If the report is as stated and without any bias, then I take offence with Community Mediation Center or CMC for short.

How could a local agency seek a compromise by telling local citizens not to cook curry? Even if it were to be in fairness, how could the center ask a group of people whose race have been taking curry as their staple food, not to cook it when the PRCs are in? Even more ridiculous to consider, how could they restrict the timings for these people to eat, especially when it involves their staple food? If it is about the locals, then that is how Singapore is, I guess. Nothing good for the citizens, though I would like to see if this is in-between 2 FT families of Indian and Chinese descent.

Damn! How could foreigners just trample upon Citizens with the back-up from our local agencies!

I don't blame the foreigners for being so arrogant (Does not apply to all foreigners), I blame our government and its agencies for making them so arrogant (Applies to all agencies) without telling them to integrate into our society. Frankly speaking, all I've been hearing is how they tell us to accept the foreigners but not telling foreigners to assimilate into our culture, pretty funny how things work around here.
    Maybe CMC told the Indian family... "Deh... U never watch TV? Ur PM say must help these foreigners integrate into our society... Okie?!"
    X1-R 2010 model
    Star Brake Lines
    K&N Air Filter
    EzzyOiler

Demon
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Previously, when you smell good curry in the air, you can expect some will arrive at your door, that's being neighborly.

Government should reinstate the old policy that HDBs, new and resale, are strictly only for Singaporeans. If these PRs are truly foreign talent, then private housing should be within their affordability.

cougar
    wears a pilot style helmet
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

foreign thrash again stirring trouble.

*人 在 江 湖 *敲 锣 打 鼓 *

嘴讲兰派爽! The World would be a better place if karma exists.

ben1112
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since when did you read in the papers, see in real life or experience personally one Singaporean Indian cooking curry and got complain by another Non-Indian Singaporean? Because we got racial harmony day from young and we learn to try eating and accepting each other culture. These FT are not taught to do so, maybe we should make them before they come.

But anyway, don't even need to come up with a system. Because "When in ROME, do as the ROMANS do."

NOT HAPPY PACK AND GO. YOU PPL ARE TOO MUCH!
    Scooter Tuning Is Not A Crime.

Jehuty
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ben1112 View Post
    Since when did you read in the papers, see in real life or experience personally one Singaporean Indian cooking curry and got complain by another Non-Indian Singaporean? Because we got racial harmony day from young and we learn to try eating and accepting each other culture. These FT are not taught to do so, maybe we should make them before they come.

But anyway, don't even need to come up with a system. Because "When in ROME, do as the ROMANS do."

NOT HAPPY PACK AND GO. YOU PPL ARE TOO MUCH!
    That's supposed to be common sense and with any person of any nationality, don't have to teach one, wherever you go, you do as what the locals do. Don't like it, F.O., their presence here isn't welcomed in the first place. By being intolerant, you're just making it much easier. Yes racism occurs in our daily lives but why forget many instances of harmony because of one case of intolerance.

If you put the Govt out of the picture, Singapore is still racially harmonic, compared to other countries. Though we might gripe on Indian cooking, noisy getais, its not like we go out and put them down.

AliDavidSum
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If the Singaporie Indian cook curry without knowing the Fallan Talents PRC is at home, will they be arrested under ISA, for destroying "Harmony"?

What is next? CMC ban durian because some FT can not tahan, and no eating & importing of Durian is allowed.
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. - John 3:16

www.calvarypandan.org

Jehuty
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Might as well ban Singaporeans from Singapore because FTs don't like us because we don't like FTs.

cougar
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jehuty View Post
    Might as well ban Singaporeans from Singapore because FTs don't like us because we don't like FTs.
    this is so true. but the rich singaporeans are the ones who employ FTs, i hope this stupid prc family are named so that the boss hopefully will fire these bunch of thrash. and the same with that stupid pnoy bitvh as well.

*人 在 江 湖 *敲 锣 打 鼓 *

LTC
    wat status?
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cougar View Post
    this is so true. but the rich singaporeans are the ones who employ FTs, i hope this stupid prc family are named so that the boss hopefully will fire these bunch of thrash. and the same with that stupid pnoy bitvh as well.
    Later their house kena splashed with CURRY... Written in CURRY "O CURRY P CURRY"
    X1-R 2010 model
    Star Brake Lines
    K&N Air Filter
    EzzyOiler

revospeed
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1st, we are like foreigner in our country.
    Now, ban from cooking.
    Whats next? Kick out from our country?

Close the bloody window la!

LTC
    wat status?
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    X1-R 2010 model
    Star Brake Lines
    K&N Air Filter
    EzzyOiler

LTC
    wat status?
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Many more Born and Bred Singaporeans finding the Curry Incident Ridiculous...

http://thinkhappiness.blogspot.com/2...lt-racist.html
    X1-R 2010 model
    Star Brake Lines
    K&N Air Filter
    EzzyOiler

LTC
    wat status?
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Semi Automatic Mouse...

X1-R 2010 model
    Star Brake Lines
    K&N Air Filter
    EzzyOiler

cougar
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

come, lets have a curry month, every family cook curry for the whole month, see how this parliahs gona complain to cmc.

*人 在 江 湖 *敲 锣 打 鼓 *

seeprompt
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am aware that there are Asian countries that eat fish, squids and octopus alive. I am aware that you can find dog, cat and rat meat eaten in some of our neighbouring countries too. In Germany I saw rabbit meat on the menu in a normal looking eating-place and it was not some fancy exotic looking restaurant.

This might be taboo for some of us but it is culturally acceptable for many generations over there.

If I take the report “as it is” it does appear to be a violation of our right to continue our culturally acceptable practices. And if we lose our connection with our culture we lose our roots, heritage and identity.

To be fair, there are reports of other types of neighbourhood conflicts that look rather strange to me. For example, there is a complaint for children laughing, screaming and playing among themselves (to me it is a sign of a happy childhood).

However as our authorities continue to allow more foreigners enter our country and mingle with us, I think such conflicts will just increase in occurrence and will become normal as our xenophobia heightens.

It would be sad if we are unable over come our personal difference and learn to support each other.
    "Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate, so we can buy sh*t we don't need."
    - Tyler Durden (Fight Club)

"Until you find something worth dying for, you're not really living."
    - Rebecca St. James

Phang
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Taiwanese who stays below my unit knocked my door and complained about heavy stomping foot in the middle of the night.

When he complained for the second time, I asked him the area in the house where he heard people stomping and I invited him to the vacant room belongs to my late mother in law who passed away not too long ago and I saw his face changed colour.

No more complaint since then

Demon
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by seeprompt View Post
    I am aware that there are Asian countries that eat fish, squids and octopus alive. I am aware that you can find dog, cat and rat meat eaten in some of our neighbouring countries too. In Germany I saw rabbit meat on the menu in a normal looking eating-place and it was not some fancy exotic looking restaurant.

This might be taboo for some of us but it is culturally acceptable for many generations over there.

If I take the report “as it is” it does appear to be a violation of our right to continue our culturally acceptable practices. And if we lose our connection with our culture we lose our roots, heritage and identity.

To be fair, there are reports of other types of neighbourhood conflicts that look rather strange to me. For example, there is a complaint for children laughing, screaming and playing among themselves (to me it is a sign of a happy childhood).

However as our authorities continue to allow more foreigners enter our country and mingle with us, I think such conflicts will just increase in occurrence and will become normal as our xenophobia heightens.

It would be sad if we are unable over come our personal difference and learn to support each other.
    your post baffles me.

So can cook or cannot cook curry ?

cougar
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phang View Post
    The Taiwanese who stays below my unit knocked my door and complained about heavy stomping foot in the middle of the night.

When he complained for the second time, I asked him the area in the house where he heard people stomping and I invited him to the vacant room belongs to my late mother in law who passed away not too long ago and I saw his face changed colour.

No more complaint since then
    so did they move out?

*人 在 江 湖 *敲 锣 打 鼓 *

cougar
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

up the rent on these parliahs, see if they complain rent too night anot. in fact we should up the rent on them.

*人 在 江 湖 *敲 锣 打 鼓 *

Phang
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so did they move out?
    No, I still see him around from time to time

seeprompt
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Demon.

Apologies for the ranting, it was my mistake to try to cramp so many points in just a few paragraphs.

Firstly, I should have highlighted that the thread starter topic is linked to a blog site that has a link to a newspaper report, which is about the high number of neighbour dispute that is increasing. The blog focused on one incident in the report that mentions the curry problem. Of which most of us are also discussing about; "curry can or cannot", ya?

Personally, I would have been offended if my neighbour were to report me to the CMC about my eating habits that are practised by my family for generations with no problems. However, similar to another favourite family food, the durian, my family and I have tried to avoid hauling that fruit into public transport.

Yes, if I cannot eat my favourite food at home I would be angry but for the sake of harmony of the neighbourhood my family and I might just try to accommodate the best we can.

As I step back and think more about it, I notice that there are basically two main issues. Firstly the issue that most of us are talking about is on curry and subsequently the main issue, xenophobia, of which some have already pointed out.

The blog site real issue was not about the curry incident in the newspaper report. I suspect the curry issue will pass very soon however the xenophobia issue will continue to heighten. How do we address it, I don’t have the perfect solution. My personally favourite method is to try to work out the problem with utmost sincerity and treat my peers the best I can.
    "Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate, so we can buy sh*t we don't need."
    - Tyler Durden (Fight Club)

"Until you find something worth dying for, you're not really living."
    - Rebecca St. James

Demon
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is CMC is some joke department in the civil service ?

There have been so many complaints about smoking habits that irritate their neighbors, how come this CMC never ask these people to stop smoking ?

bluelabel
    wants to ride a Bicycle
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CMC= CANNOT MAKE CURRY.
    Xenophobia is fear of foreigners, I highly doubt that Singaporeans have a fear of foreigners. I think the problem is that the floodgates was open to big and too fast, to give time to locals to get accustom to foreigners. Locals intimately feel that their space in this already tiny island is being Intruder-ed upon. I do pity those foreigners some times too, They got no local friends, dont know anyone here, never been invited to a local's home. Many foreigners tend to only have foreigners as friends here, Locals are just work, school friends or just mainly hi/bye friend. This can be seen throughout the island, in all positions. Foreigners and Locals are having a very hard time integrating.(Just open your Hp contact list and see the no. of foreigners in there) Then there are foreigners who just arent helping fellow foreigners to integrate by spurting out Hatred and Crap on Locals and by doing that, Those Locals who werent involved in the fray will get pull in and the no. of anti foreigners will increase further. Government did a very bad job in giving our P.R and Citizenship (Gave WAY WAY TOO MANY, too cheaply)+ Forgetting that foreigners too have to take public transport to work, have a place to stay and putting their kids in schools. (Housing Gone up because of Foreigners etc. P.R buying flats, Primary, sec school and Uni places limited for locals and lastly our transport system is not design to accommodate this amount of people on its system.) All this adds to the Anti-foreigner sentiment as well. So there are many many issues that are all coming together to create this Anti-Foreigners trend in Singapore.

Anger towards foreigners will continue to get worst and worst by the min as more Singaporeans will be pulled into the Fray. Its in the government hands to do something about it. Just look at PM NDR speech, He was talking like more of a Corporation CEO then a Leader of a Nation. So i highly doubt they can do anything to calm everyone nerves down.
    Last edited by bluelabel; 16-08-2011 at 12:44 PM.

LTC
    wat status?
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    X1-R 2010 model
    Star Brake Lines
    K&N Air Filter
    EzzyOiler

LTC
    wat status?
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We had being told to be gracious and to help them integrate.
    Personally I am willing to do that and not fear them.

More often than not (Not all) these foreigners they come here they want to dominate and farking change our culture.
    Especially the PRCs with their 5,000 years of cultural baptisms.
    They learnt nothing but arrogance.
    They (Not all) take advantage at the slightest chance.
    When They (Not all) realised that They (Not all) cannot makan u, They (Not all) feign ignorance.
    These They always think they high and mighty and takes advantage of us at any slightest chance possible.
    These They wiil not integrate into society regardless the amount of help given.

*My inputs are not figures plucked from the air for the statistics of our leaders but my own experience.

With regards to CMC.
    Even if they not the ones that suggested not to cook curry when the PRCs is at home.
    I am still disappointed that they allow that as an agreement.
    What kind of signals are they sending and how does that help foreigners integrate?
    I look at it as the tip of the iceberg for more issues to come and will this predence take away our cultures in time to come?
    Will our many years of integration with the different races in Singapore be disintegrated by these foreigners?
    Dun forget the flood gates are open and more to come...
    Last edited by LTC; 16-08-2011 at 04:21 PM.
    X1-R 2010 model
    Star Brake Lines
    K&N Air Filter
    EzzyOiler

LTC
    wat status?
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Semi Automatic Mouse
    X1-R 2010 model
    Star Brake Lines
    K&N Air Filter
    EzzyOiler

cougar
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

because there incompetence working in civil service...
    Again we are overpaying ministers for their mistakes.

*人 在 江 湖 *敲 锣 打 鼓 *

LTC
    wat status?
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Though this Indian FT directed this against CMC but it clearly illustrate the consequences of CMC's decision.

http://www.temasekreview.com/2011/08...a-jibe-at-cmc/
    X1-R 2010 model
    Star Brake Lines
    K&N Air Filter
    EzzyOiler

LTC
    wat status?
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

because there incompetence working in civil service...
    Again we are overpaying ministers for their mistakes.
    Yes they're definitely overpaid.
    Enjoying themselves too much earning the big bucks and lost the cause and passion.
    X1-R 2010 model
    Star Brake Lines
    K&N Air Filter
    EzzyOiler

G450X
    is in love with off road, touring & adventure
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wakakakakaka.....curry my fav...prata with curry, mixed rice with curry, pizza with chicken curry, bread with curry, curry puff, cheezels curry flavor....I just love curry and believe it anot, I have to go downstairs to my Indian neighbour and ask how come nowadays never cook curry? The smell is yummy and when my wife dont cook curry, I have to depend on downstairs to give me the smell to finish off my rice...hehehehehe...curry curry curry....Durians my fav too...have organised durian trips to Malaysia and durian puff, durian cake, durian chiffon cake, durian in green bean soup...and also believe it anot I have to call my neighbour (malaysia lar) if got durians in his plantation anot.....Mee rebus, mee soto, mee siam, rendang, nasi kandar all yummy.... by the way i am not chinese, not Indian, not sikh and not Malay not ang moh but born in SINGAPORE and I love the Singaporeans past and future....

All I can say is tell the FT, PRC dont stay there lar or even better fixed aircon in the whole house and close all windows air tight when the curry is being cooked.....I wonder if they walk along Little India (also my fav place to go for Itli, thosai) and then complain that the smell also cannot tahan then how???? CMC ban the shops there from cooking curry ar??

New regulations should be set for those FT coming here to first able to take the smell of belacan, durian, CURRY, Hei be hiam (Fried chilli prawn), petai....anyone of those fail means cannot come....imagine soon if the CMC bans anyone of those, I will surely die early.....please help don ban those kay? Pretty please to CMC...

thirdparty
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I smell curry i go hungry

abudabi
    has no status.
    L Plate