User Tag List

Thread: is SG gov / TP prejudice on bikers???

konstandy
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default is SG gov / TP prejudice on bikers???

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/traffic-pol...trol-cars.html

"In addition to their normal fleet of marked cars, the Traffic Police will also have a dedicated patrol team that will focus on motorcyclists."

??? what about focusing on reckless car drivers who don't give way to bikers especially not giving way when they turn right or come out from slip roads ??

?? what about focusing on speeding heavy vehicles speeding above 70km/h & not keeping to the left lane on expressway ??

??? what about focusing on the endless modified "race cars" that drive like retards on our roads ??

??? what about focusing on taxi drivers that suddenly jam brakes picking up passengers and suddenly go from extreme right lane to extreme left lane ??

??? what about focusing on bus drivers who never check or give way to bikers just come out from bus stop even there is no bus lane, etc ????

??? what about focusing on the millions of blanga FT that "jayrun" and walk in the middle of the road that is so dangerous in little india ??????????????

??? too many examples to list .... ???

xiaoviper
    loves riding
    Class 2B
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

They always say that motorcyclist are at the most risk because we're the most vulnerable. Probably trying to minimize fast lane splitting and corner whacking for some others at various famous spots. Now you have to look out for plain vehicles as well. Pros and Cons. There are also motorcyclist who change lanes or ride like nobody's business. But I guess this will end up with more cases of reckless driving coming up...

Silent Hunter
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

No need special force lah.
    Just get the TP to ride the SSDC old CB750 in plain clothes can already what.
    Sure catch lots of Mercs and BMW drivers driving dangerously EVERYDAY.
    Motorcyclist are the nicest people on the road, try not to kill us.

kinwei
    says Buang bike ride faster!
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Take it positively. They may also mean placing their focus on our safety. I don't think the TP exist to be prejudice on certain group of motorist.

ThePole
    has no status.
    Class 2
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question to ponder: Where do you think those complaints against motorcyclists are coming from and what do those people drive?
    HELP FIND MY BIKE! Blue RXZ (New Model), completely stock FBB3668U Stolen from Block 502A MSCP Choa Chu Kang Street 51

kimmeng
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what's new?

xiaoviper
    loves riding
    Class 2B
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Nothing's new. I guess they phrased it wrongly. Focus should be on people who do not look out for motorcyclist, do not give consideration to motorcyclist and motorcyclist who ride recklessly and cause danger to themselves or others on the road.

It could be a good thing on the bright side.

kelena
    is hiding behind his work desk
    Class 2A
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xiaoviper View Post
    Nothing's new. I guess they phrased it wrongly. Focus should be on people who do not look out for motorcyclist, do not give consideration to motorcyclist and motorcyclist who ride recklessly and cause danger to themselves or others on the road.

It could be a good thing on the bright side.
    we'll see who draws first blood.
    BMW R1200GSLC 2014 (20smiles/miles)

Mini Cooper S Clubman 2011 (10smiles/miles)

xXxRatedxXx
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No. They see people one.

Jehuty
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IMO, just have to focus on taxis, BMWs, Mercs, SUVs, truck drivers. Yes I do see a fast WRX once in a while but compared to the BMWs/mercs on the extreme right or swerving left and right, taxis driving at 140+ on the highway, I think there's little to contest.

Riders nimble, you can flick your bike, you can't flick your car, usually **** happens because someone else had a lapse of concentration, driving dangerously to begin with or simply lack the skills to drive properly.

kolipe
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think they mean a team that focuses on safety for motorcyclists, not a team that specializes on catching motorcyclists.

sh3rman
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

after the article was out i saw more motorcyclists stopped by TP liao..
    maybe coincidence..
    'bikes are your sweet poison. despite knowing it would kill, you would die just to have a taste of it. '

MERCENARY
    Owns a Black Beast
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

During year end period for many donkey years.Road block ,Tp and LTA are extremely highly active.
    Many should know why.
    Just something to share many harley riders and ducati riders got fine for illegal exhausts

xincentsbobby
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so how riders?? since the news, have anyone seen any unmarked cars driven by TP trying to catch reckless road users???
    kinda curious if they will use speed cameras or simply drive up and stop whoever that they notice breaking traffic rules..

any traffic police out there care to speak up??

kaze-no-koe
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Recently alot at tpe catching car,every ride i see at least 1 car stop at the side with TP
    But TP still using bike not car

FirmanWahab
    love riding.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's the active time for TP & LTA movement. Have anyone get cuaght by the unmarked vehicle?
    I love riding.

aRcHeR
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

don't even see a single TP on the road for the past 1 month..

seems like they are on High-Visibility for awhile, den disappear for a long while before they appear again..

but LTA are seen more often on the roads now..
    Quote Originally Posted by Naked1 View Post
    Stock is good...Choose your weapon wisely and enjoy it...you can have all the $$$$ to mod and in the end you can't make full use of it....

velocity325
    Edit
    Class 2A
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FirmanWahab View Post
    It's the active time for TP & LTA movement. Have anyone get cuaght by the unmarked vehicle?
    yes, my working friends..driving class 4/5..on tamp ave 10 towards pasir ris drive 12, the super straight road, limit 60-70..they kana by unmarked..AYE towards tuas after pasir panjang, also..limit 80-90..changi coast the real straight with many cyclist, limit 60-75..

tp spotted on major exp on tpe, ecp, kje, bke..in the morning when erp is priced at the highest..

today, 3 police car at changi coast, 3 highway patrol speeding on the ecp marina there..

CSV
    has restored the IMPULSE!!!
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

i never notice any unmarked tp on ECP during morning peak hours, i do see alot of the NTUC orange riders or as i like to call them O-FART.

Orange Force Accident Response Team. with the orange vest and piaggo mp3.

marked tp cars then yes, couple of them every few days.
    February 2011 - March 2012 = Phantom TA 200
    March 2012 - August 2013 = Suzuki Impulse 400
    Present = BMW (Bus, MRT, Walk)

cougar
    wears a pilot style helmet
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this govt wayang from top to bottom.

*人 在 江 湖 *敲 锣 打 鼓 *

嘴讲兰派爽! The World would be a better place if karma exists.

keown
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by konstandy View Post

"In addition to their normal fleet of marked cars, the Traffic Police will also have a dedicated patrol team that will focus on motorcyclists."

??? what about focusing on reckless car drivers who don't give way to bikers especially not giving way when they turn right or come out from slip roads ??

?? what about focusing on speeding heavy vehicles speeding above 70km/h & not keeping to the left lane on expressway ??

??? what about focusing on the endless modified "race cars" that drive like retards on our roads ??

??? what about focusing on taxi drivers that suddenly jam brakes picking up passengers and suddenly go from extreme right lane to extreme left lane ??

??? what about focusing on bus drivers who never check or give way to bikers just come out from bus stop even there is no bus lane, etc ????

??? what about focusing on the millions of blanga FT that "jayrun" and walk in the middle of the road that is so dangerous in little india ??????????????

??? too many examples to list .... ???
    what u list here, in one day i can see it all on the road, & it's everyday, in just woodland area on my way riding to work, power!!

duo
    would rather be a troll than the champion..
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Its been like that for so long. Ever saw the Tiger squad stopping a group of riders but never drivers.
    KRGT-1
    I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride my bike..I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride it where I like..

Jehuty
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by duo View Post
    Its been like that for so long. Ever saw the Tiger squad stopping a group of riders but never drivers.
    Funny thing is that Tiger Squad people are riders too...but there is a subculture of gangs pertaining to bikes.

MS
    is celebrating life.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh TS come on... tell us something we don't know. haha...

Do Not Tailgate Me!

guangwei
    has no status.
    Class 2
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Properly cause motorcyclist accident rate too high. So far in my 1 year riding days, encountered 2 major accident on the road, Both times involving motorcyclist.
    1st time, a motorcyclist donno for what reason, go in the opposite direction of the road at a T junction with road divider hoping to join up with the road facing the correct direction after a right turn or something, crash with a lorry driving towards him and the rider fly into the lorry's driver seat.
    2nd time, nvr really withnesses what happened. some kup rider lying in the centre of a busy traffic junction yellow crossbox motionlessly with his kup beside him on the floor. nobody cares bout him, people just signal left, change lane and drive pass him. but at least saw his body and bike were moved to the side about an hour later when i ride pass the road again.

haven't witnesses any major accident not involving motorcyclist.

duo
    would rather be a troll than the champion..
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by guangwei View Post
    Properly cause motorcyclist accident rate too high. So far in my 1 year riding days, encountered 2 major accident on the road, Both times involving motorcyclist.
    1st time, a motorcyclist donno for what reason, go in the opposite direction of the road at a T junction with road divider hoping to join up with the road facing the correct direction after a right turn or something, crash with a lorry driving towards him and the rider fly into the lorry's driver seat.
    2nd time, nvr really withnesses what happened. some kup rider lying in the centre of a busy traffic junction yellow crossbox motionlessly with his kup beside him on the floor. nobody cares bout him, people just signal left, change lane and drive pass him. but at least saw his body and bike were moved to the side about an hour later when i ride pass the road again.

haven't witnesses any major accident not involving motorcyclist.
    Properly?

Its high because drivers never give a hoot about us. First thing they will say when they already hit us is that they never see us. How to see if never check?
    KRGT-1
    I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride my bike..I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride it where I like..

bruce71
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by duo View Post
    Properly?

Its high because drivers never give a hoot about us. First thing they will say when they already hit us is that they never see us. How to see if never check?
    hahahahaha.......sad but true. lately the past few years more common. i seen many times cars cutting into my path even when i was not lane spliting but cruising in my lane but drivers macam mabok will cut in , in mid day noon bright hot sun with my headlights on. police say we must light on even in the bright daytime cause if no light on, drivers cannot see us. of course they cannot see us when they are not even looking?

if car hits pedestrian, maybe everyone should walk around with bright LED lights flashing on our heads n clothes so that motorists can see, right? lol!

lately also got many drivers need to use 2 lanes, hogging the centre of 2 lane whenever that is a very gentle slight bend on the road when when they are travelling at a very slow 30-40kph! i have seen cars going round twisty malaysian rural roads at twice the speed sticking to their lane. i do not believe our local drivers cannot do it or else they will not have pass n got their licence ( i could stick to my lane around tight corners at reasonable speed when i was still taking my driving lessons almost 2 decades ago when i was still learning! ). it is not a matter of skill but a problem with their arrogrant attitude n lack of concentration, i believe, right? if even L-plate can do it, why can't they?
    Last edited by bruce71; 01-09-2012 at 11:31 PM.
    Raptor: ( quote )

"As one gains more experience on a bike... one's perceptions and views on how a bike should be ridden will change over time.. just live and let live for now."

hao25
    heeeeeeeeyo!
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Live with it bruce71 haha.. we riders are still considered "small" and "insignificant" as far as drivers are concern.. no matter if u are riding a vespa or hayabusa.. no wonder riders tends to make their bike louder, for safety purposes haha!

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Xparent ICS Blue Tapatalk 2