Default <Crime Alert> Theft of Petrol From Motorcycles

whitepomfret
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Australian Insurance Association Research showed that if a motorcycle has a cover over it, theft is reduced by 170% automatically. This means that subconsciously, thieves target a quick juicy opportunity.

A cheap cover already helps (adding to the standard advice of parking well lit places, etc...).

asakura_hao88
    Honda CB400 Ver S
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by whitepomfret View Post
    Australian Insurance Association Research showed that if a motorcycle has a cover over it, theft is reduced by 170% automatically. This means that subconsciously, thieves target a quick juicy opportunity.

A cheap cover already helps (adding to the standard advice of parking well lit places, etc...).
    Thanks for highlighting! It's reli useful! =)

fatboypin
    has throttlelust...:P
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is not the first time I heard of this cover-your-bike advice. Others have said that pple will not usually take off the cover to check out the bike and then steal something from it. So better to cover it, as leh chey as it might be, and it should drastically reduce the likelihood of theft of anything.

Provided no one steals your cover... mine for stolen the very night I put it on my bike!

Take care!

adesmond2
    is a Relaxed
    SBF Lacer
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fatboypin View Post
    This is not the first time I heard of this cover-your-bike advice. Others have said that pple will not usually take off the cover to check out the bike and then steal something from it. So better to cover it, as leh chey as it might be, and it should drastically reduce the likelihood of theft of anything.

Provided no one steals your cover... mine for stolen the very night I put it on my bike!

Take care!
    I do agreed with this theory of cover your bike.. I cover my bike since 2007 and it's good.. canvas do get stolen.. so use one SUPER OLD & SMELLY one from bike shop first.. den spray your number plate on the new one.. It takes around 1 day to dry up.. den cover your bike with that.. it will deter alot of unwanted attention as well as thieves...
    Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks...

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well.

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6285055#post6285055

arthur_chan
    is King Arthur
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

170% ???
    Accident can happen anytime, anywhere.
    However ask yourself, do you want to fall at 120km/h or 60km/h?

bing111
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agreed with that a covered bike is safer, and prevent others from doing anything to it.

ah786786
    has no status.
    Class 2
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by adesmond2 View Post
    I do agreed with this theory of cover your bike.. I cover my bike since 2007 and it's good.. canvas do get stolen.. so use one SUPER OLD & SMELLY one from bike shop first.. den spray your number plate on the new one.. It takes around 1 day to dry up.. den cover your bike with that.. it will deter alot of unwanted attention as well as thieves...
    I also did that,re-using my OLD cover + clipping the bottom part thus cannot easyly blown by wind or open easyly by people,IMPTLY makes its harder for cats to climb inside to sleep...

runjoerun
    Tick Tock Tick Tock
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OT a bit about cats. Our neighbourhood cat, Felix, likes to jump on top of my Blades's seat and sit there gazing the carpark empty spaces, I don't know why he prefer this slight inclined position as the Blade is almost always on its side stand. He should have chosen my plushier Vespa instead which I tried to lure him over but unsuccessful.

On the first day of getting the bike, he left his claw mark on the seat. Nothing too obvious, just a faint one liner. Obviously, I was a little furious at first, but Felix easily purred and meowed me into submission while he rubbed his face on my legs.

So after reading this I might as well get a cover as well.
    Last edited by runjoerun; 09-11-2013 at 12:48 AM.

Tian3068
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the other day saw splash paint over bike then the rest of the bike around all kana some splotches, best to just get a cheap one off amazon/ebay la, for a piece of mind.

think about the thousands spent on bikes.. what is a few tens to protect it... same concept as phone lol

keya chee
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If possible, just move your bike from the current parking spot and park it somewhere safe like your building compound or put a cover on it or else just park it somewhere else other than your normal space. If possible park it a bit away from ur house for some days and after that you can park it at your regular place.

superhero93
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my bike was stolen since last month
    کارواش صنعتی
    واترجت صنعتی

David Stipek
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb

You can get cover with cable to tighten at base of wheels and lock! Sorry about your loss if it not have simple to buy gromments and install yourself,,,, Just saying

Mine has motion alarm also. I have remote to disable, then I can remove and store in bag. If someone trys to remove cover alarm will sound as thet touch Bike... cannot get to Battery to disable. Very inexpensive, bought online in facebook Market Place!
    David Stipek