User Tag List

Results 1 to 37 of 37

Thread: Suzuki Intruder (esp M1800R) Forum

  1. #1
    Pressentin
    has no status.
    L Plate Pressentin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    4
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Exclamation Suzuki Intruder (esp M1800R) Forum



    Hi,
    just got a M1800R and looking for the Intruder community or fanclub in Singapore, for meeting and riding out.

    Would appreciate any comment, reference or feedback.

    if such a community does not exist, let's use this forum.

    Thomas

  2. #2
    McOrange
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    west
    Posts
    102
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    How much u paid?

     

     
  3. #3
    sandeebee
    has no status.
    P Plate sandeebee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    East
    Posts
    195
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pressentin View Post
    Hi,
    just got a M1800R and looking for the Intruder community or fanclub in Singapore, for meeting and riding out.

    Would appreciate any comment, reference or feedback.

    if such a community does not exist, let's use this forum.

    Thomas
    Hi Thomas,

    Welcome to a fellow M1800R rider - there aren't so many of these bikes in Singapore. We did organize a meet up a few months ago but only 2 of us showed up. Let me know if you want to meet up / you have any questions on the bike.

    Cheers
    Sandeeep
    Harley V-Rod Muscle

  4. #4
    teddychow
    luv 240
    P Plate
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    134
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I have a Hardkrome Sideburner exhaust meant for M1800R for sale, interested parties can contact me at 97601685.

  5. #5
    YYZ
    now rides...
    L Plate YYZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    30
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hi, went to a used bikeshop & very saw a M1800R. They are selling at $19000 (2011).Issit worth to buy cuz they told me brand new cost $29000. Another bikeshop I went just sold a M1800R at $14000 (2007). i was wondering why the hugh gap in depreciation?

  6. #6
    whitepomfret
    has no status.
    Class 2B whitepomfret's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    217
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    She's a beaut of a bike!
    Why rush? It's the journey, not the destination ...
    Moto Guzzi Breva v1100ie '07
    Yamaha Virago XV1100 '92
    Honda Pacific Coast '98
    Yamaha V-Max '93
    BMW K100 '83
    Kawasaki GpZ900 Ninja '89
    Honda CB 750 FII '97
    BMW R100G/S Paris Dakar Classic '95
    Honda CB 250 RS '88

  7. #7
    sgstarrider
    has no status.
    Class 2 sgstarrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    846
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hi
    a friend of mine is selling his black beauty M1800R. If you are interested drop me a pm so that I can link you to him. Price-wise is best you nego wif him directly.

  8. #8
    sandeebee
    has no status.
    P Plate sandeebee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    East
    Posts
    195
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm intending to sell my Candy Orange regd in Sept 2010
    Harley V-Rod Muscle

  9. #9
    armofpeace
    has no status.
    TeePee armofpeace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,596
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hi Teddy, how much are you selling your Hardkrome? If you can whatsapp me, that be great...Arm 93848120

  10. #10
    eclipse1
    has no status.
    P Plate eclipse1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    107
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    im looking for used M1800R, anyone here selling?

    Please PM me.

    Thanks
    95-96 Cagiva Freecia 7sp
    97-98 FZR 400R 1EN
    98-2000 FZR 400RR 3TJ
    2001-2005 R6 01 stock
    2006-2011 Ford Connect Van
    2009-2012 Mitsubishi L200
    2013-2015 Gilera Fuoco500
    2015-2016 Mitsubishi Lancer GLX
    2018 Fiat Yamaha Combo
    2B - 19Jan1995 2A - 10Oct1996 2 - 24Mar1998 3 - 11Nov2002

  11. #11
    eclipse1
    has no status.
    P Plate eclipse1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    107
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    deleted: duplicate
    95-96 Cagiva Freecia 7sp
    97-98 FZR 400R 1EN
    98-2000 FZR 400RR 3TJ
    2001-2005 R6 01 stock
    2006-2011 Ford Connect Van
    2009-2012 Mitsubishi L200
    2013-2015 Gilera Fuoco500
    2015-2016 Mitsubishi Lancer GLX
    2018 Fiat Yamaha Combo
    2B - 19Jan1995 2A - 10Oct1996 2 - 24Mar1998 3 - 11Nov2002

     

     
  12. #12
    econbizer
    has no status.
    Class 2A
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    686
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Any bros selling their intruder, pm me.

  13. #13
    Amon-Ra
    has no status.
    P Plate Amon-Ra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    92
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Riders! Hello. Just got an Intruder, not M1800R though, just the humble 400. Actually, "just" is a bit of an exaggeration. Paid a deposit on one a month ago, and it is currently in the process of being restored bobber-style!

    So was wondering if the Intruder community is still alive?? Most of the active threads here in the Cruiser section are Harley, Shadow, or Steed related. Maybe we should consolidate the Shadows and Steeds into a generic "2A Cruiser" thread? Don't know much about bikes really, not mechanically inclined unfortunately, so I often get cheated at bike shops! Not even sure if I'm being cheated at this very moment on my restoration project though the price seems to be reasonable enough.

    Anyway, was wondering what your thoughts are on a bike that was laid-up for a while, sitting unloved, cramped together with a row of other bikes, looking for all the world like it was destined to become scrap metal? Did I get myself into a bucket full of sh!t?? I was in the market for a 2A cruiser and happened to pass a shop with a nice Intruder parked outside. Went in to take a closer look and realised that the shop kinda specialises in 2A cruisers of the 90s! My kinda shop! The boss indicated that the one outside would be pricey as COE was just re-newed, but he had a '97 model sitting around and showed that one to me. Exterior condition looked ready for the scrapheap, but I love old things and to me, it looked like a diamond in the rough. So we talked about getting it restored bobber-style, engine will be given a thorough check and a new lease on life. The price was right so I jumped at the chance of owning it!

    Still about three weeks to go... hopefully not more as the project has already been delayed for a month due to an apparent lack of staff in a busy workshop environment. Hope we can ride together soon!

  14. #14
    MR BIKER
    statue but not status
    TeePee MR BIKER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1,932
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    hahahha. wow . your first post and straight away going to do boober. myself . i am really inclined to intruder 400 that is advertised somewhere at sgbikemart. good price.$4.5k for 10 years coe. but personally would not touch it to boobise. i also love the old style. currently have 1993 honda nighthawk and 1997 suzuki 400impulse.sometimes, its just plain luck that we may get a bike that need just small changes o make it running well. a few years ago , i miss buying a 1983 suzuki gs650g .it was at a shop waiting for buyer. outlook was good. engine wise rust here and there. i spoke with the shop guy to start but he said battery flat. ask him for the previous owner's number. a really nice man Johnson. spoke with him for so long about the bike. at the end didnt buy. i regret . now its scrapped i guess.
    for me , i am more inclined to buy the intruder 800 on sale here or the 1982 honda supermagna.can share where is this shop you got?

  15. #15
    Amon-Ra
    has no status.
    P Plate Amon-Ra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    92
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MR BIKER View Post
    hahahha. wow . your first post and straight away going to do boober. myself . i am really inclined to intruder 400 that is advertised somewhere at sgbikemart. good price.$4.5k for 10 years coe. but personally would not touch it to boobise. i also love the old style. currently have 1993 honda nighthawk and 1997 suzuki 400impulse.sometimes, its just plain luck that we may get a bike that need just small changes o make it running well. a few years ago , i miss buying a 1983 suzuki gs650g .it was at a shop waiting for buyer. outlook was good. engine wise rust here and there. i spoke with the shop guy to start but he said battery flat. ask him for the previous owner's number. a really nice man Johnson. spoke with him for so long about the bike. at the end didnt buy. i regret . now its scrapped i guess.
    for me , i am more inclined to buy the intruder 800 on sale here or the 1982 honda supermagna.can share where is this shop you got?
    HeeHee! Yeah...I know right?? Over ambitious for all the wrong reasons!

    Actually went to view that one on the bikemart first, but it was then priced at $5,800 non-nego! The chap there was rather adamant about not budging on the price and left me with a bad impression. Now they reduced the price over a thousand dollars? Hmmm... Anyway, already paid a deposit and I get to customise the bike to my specifications with new paint, drag bars, sissy bar, new tyres and all. So I guess I'm gonna stick with my decision...

    Cool bikes you got man! Wish I got a class 2 license! Currently riding the ubiquitous Phantom 200, cheap, easy to maintain, parts aplenty, but boring as hell though! Haha! Is there an 800 Intruder for sale? Didn't see that one... WoW! '82 Supermagna! Saw it at the same shop actually, owners' bike not for sale unfortunately. But what a fabulous looking bike! Like a cross between a café racer and a cruiser. Couldn't tell what it was at all until I asked the boss. Neither would I have thought it was from waaaaay back in '82 until you said so! What a timeless machine!

    The shop? First Motor. Any feedback?
    Last edited by Amon-Ra; 28-10-2014 at 03:56 PM. Reason: Forgot to answer a question...

  16. #16
    MR BIKER
    statue but not status
    TeePee MR BIKER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1,932
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I knew it. first . yah. thats the shop i saw the suzy gs650. the owner is a very nice man. they can do many things. its one place where you can modify your bike that i know of.

  17. #17
    D_midtriy
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    133
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hi. Yup. I did my intruder there as well. Was thinking of selling it cos of under usage. But am loving it too much scared that im gonna miss it bad. Btw, with first motor, they do a good job abd the boss is friendly to all. He loves modding bikes. However, he might take too much jobs at one time (who wont love such motortiam right? Friendly service and loves modding old bikes) so you must monitor and push him sometimes. But overall still ok la.

    Here's a pic of my ride, inspired by Captain America, hehe:

  18. #18
    D_midtriy
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    133
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

  19. #19
    Amon-Ra
    has no status.
    P Plate Amon-Ra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    92
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hi there mate! So there ARE a few of us still around... Amazing looking bike! Think the Intruder looks fantastic bobbed-out... Can't quite see from the pic, (they're too small mate!) but love the colour (british racing green? & brown leather) combo!

    Yeah, they do take on lots of jobs, and they're kinda understaffed as well. So I'm expecting delays but hopefully not too much! Thanks for the reassurance that they're a good motortiam, think that's really really important. OK...I'll monitor and push him today! Am really quite new to this, so sincerely hope that we can meet, and you can regal me with stories about the bike! Ride together soon yah?!

  20. #20
    Amon-Ra
    has no status.
    P Plate Amon-Ra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    92
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    832a_3.jpg

    Tail light just in from the USA! Gonna side-mount it wif license plate beneath...

    Amazingly fast delivery considering I've waited months for CDs, also from the US, to arrive!

  21. #21
    Jonborah
    misses his Intruder.
    Class 2A Jonborah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Bedok
    Posts
    642
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yeah you better keep checking on Leonard. Can say, confirm delay one! Haha but he's a nice guy, no doubt. I customize my fenders with him.
    I saw he had a red/maroon Intruder parked there for some time. Is that the one you bought??

    Loved my ex bobber intruder. Super smooth and powerful bike. it has the perfect frame for a bob, no cutting needed! Great big front rims. Low sitting posture.

    And Congrats on getting an intruder! the old 400, 800 and 1400 intruders have bombproof jap engines!
    Of course I trust my skills. I ride alone cos I don't trust the competency of the driver next to me.

     

     
  22. #22
    Amon-Ra
    has no status.
    P Plate Amon-Ra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    92
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonborah View Post
    Yeah you better keep checking on Leonard. Can say, confirm delay one! Haha but he's a nice guy, no doubt. I customize my fenders with him.
    I saw he had a red/maroon Intruder parked there for some time. Is that the one you bought??

    Loved my ex bobber intruder. Super smooth and powerful bike. it has the perfect frame for a bob, no cutting needed! Great big front rims. Low sitting posture.

    And Congrats on getting an intruder! the old 400, 800 and 1400 intruders have bombproof jap engines!
    Hey there!

    Hahaha! Yup! IKR?! I like just went to see him today. His mechanic does all the work though, so I usually liaise with him. Nice people at the shop, really glad I stumbled upon it! And I don't think it was the maroon one you saw, that one was running yes? Already sold when I visited. This one I picked was in rough shape when I found it. Tattered and torn really, it was a non-runner sitting in a heap. Haha!

    Wow...cool! You used to ride an Intruder too?! Have much to learn from you! Yeah, it does have a great shape. Even the tank sits nicely at a jaunty angle!

    Thanks for saying so man! I didn't know much about the bike before I bought it. Really clueless about motorcycles! Well, fingers crossed that everything turns out alright eh! You riding a Harley now? If not, whatever it is, I'm sure it must be totally BAD-ASS!!!

  23. #23
    Jonborah
    misses his Intruder.
    Class 2A Jonborah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Bedok
    Posts
    642
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amon-Ra View Post
    Hey there!

    Hahaha! Yup! IKR?! I like just went to see him today. His mechanic does all the work though, so I usually liaise with him. Nice people at the shop, really glad I stumbled upon it! And I don't think it was the maroon one you saw, that one was running yes? Already sold when I visited. This one I picked was in rough shape when I found it. Tattered and torn really, it was a non-runner sitting in a heap. Haha!

    Wow...cool! You used to ride an Intruder too?! Have much to learn from you! Yeah, it does have a great shape. Even the tank sits nicely at a jaunty angle!

    Thanks for saying so man! I didn't know much about the bike before I bought it. Really clueless about motorcycles! Well, fingers crossed that everything turns out alright eh! You riding a Harley now? If not, whatever it is, I'm sure it must be totally BAD-ASS!!!
    you must be referring to Ah Di at the shop. Yeah they are nice chaps. Leonard got many mods lobang, if u can build good rapport with him.
    Yeah the maroon one was running.So yours must be that black one on the left row as u entering the shop. hope you got it at a steal. yeah the tank nicely shows off the engine underneath. Show muscles mah

    my ex intruder is the one in my display pic. currently riding my bobber shadow ace, cafe super4 and a PX. its always great to meet fans of customs!
    Of course I trust my skills. I ride alone cos I don't trust the competency of the driver next to me.

  24. #24
    Amon-Ra
    has no status.
    P Plate Amon-Ra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    92
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonborah View Post
    you must be referring to Ah Di at the shop. Yeah they are nice chaps. Leonard got many mods lobang, if u can build good rapport with him.
    Yeah the maroon one was running.So yours must be that black one on the left row as u entering the shop. hope you got it at a steal. yeah the tank nicely shows off the engine underneath. Show muscles mah

    my ex intruder is the one in my display pic. currently riding my bobber shadow ace, cafe super4 and a PX. its always great to meet fans of customs!
    Actually no, that black one is really headed for the scrap heap, had a major problem I think. The one I got was a maroon one, on the right-side grass patch where they sometimes do servicing and minor repairs. Yeah...reasonable price lah, no complaints!

    Anyway, should be ready soon! Will update with some pix when I can. Wow! Bobber Shadow and Cafe Racer... Really like the oldskool styling of those bikes! May think of getting a cafe racer style bike in the future as well! Yeah, always great to meet like-minded people. Ride together soon yah?!

  25. #25
    Amon-Ra
    has no status.
    P Plate Amon-Ra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    92
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It's finally done! After about a month and a half's delay... Worth the wait though!

    Unfortunately, the "Insert Image" function does not seem to work...

  26. #26
    Amon-Ra
    has no status.
    P Plate Amon-Ra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    92
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Here...

    avatar.jpg

  27. #27
    Amon-Ra
    has no status.
    P Plate Amon-Ra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    92
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Oh...must reduce image size first before it works! But then it becomes a little too small to see. Now trying again with a slightly larger image...

    another.jpg

  28. #28
    Jonborah
    misses his Intruder.
    Class 2A Jonborah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Bedok
    Posts
    642
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amon-Ra View Post
    Here...

    avatar.jpg
    bike looks sweet !
    Of course I trust my skills. I ride alone cos I don't trust the competency of the driver next to me.

  29. #29
    MR BIKER
    statue but not status
    TeePee MR BIKER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1,932
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    HOW about this.oooops.cannot
    Attached Images Attached Images

  30. #30
    sgstarrider
    has no status.
    Class 2 sgstarrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    846
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amon-Ra View Post
    Oh...must reduce image size first before it works! But then it becomes a little too small to see. Now trying again with a slightly larger image...

    another.jpg
    2 thumbs & 2 toes up for bike bro. Damn swee..

    BTW where you send your bike for this restoration? I just got myself a rundown intruder400 myself & she need to be restored.
    Don't mind pm me details bro

  31. #31
    Amon-Ra
    has no status.
    P Plate Amon-Ra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    92
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Thanks mate! Congrats on getting an Intruder man! You got mail...

     

     
  32. #32
    SW14
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    17
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    New 109 rider here, anyone install riser for handle bar mind to share your experience....for 2 inch need to change all cables. ?? Thanks in advance.

  33. #33
    eclipse1
    has no status.
    P Plate eclipse1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    107
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SW14 View Post
    New 109 rider here, anyone install riser for handle bar mind to share your experience....for 2 inch need to change all cables. ?? Thanks in advance.
    Overseas forum states no need.

    you have pics for your ride??
    95-96 Cagiva Freecia 7sp
    97-98 FZR 400R 1EN
    98-2000 FZR 400RR 3TJ
    2001-2005 R6 01 stock
    2006-2011 Ford Connect Van
    2009-2012 Mitsubishi L200
    2013-2015 Gilera Fuoco500
    2015-2016 Mitsubishi Lancer GLX
    2018 Fiat Yamaha Combo
    2B - 19Jan1995 2A - 10Oct1996 2 - 24Mar1998 3 - 11Nov2002

  34. #34
    Echelon
    rides a Honda VFR1200
    Kruzers
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    223
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Just getting this post noticed, any M1800R want to catch up for breakfast tomorrow morning? 7am?

  35. #35
    Echelon
    rides a Honda VFR1200
    Kruzers
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    223
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Any Intruder m1800r site around? Super torquey performance cruiser.....no regrets.

  36. #36
    SW14
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    17
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    How many intruder in sg, any idea? I think is 6.

  37. #37
    ahgene89
    has no status.
    P Plate ahgene89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Yishun
    Posts
    67
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hi all i just got my intruder anyone wanna meet up,give me a text. 96166920 Gene
    blah blah blah ~~

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •