TeePee
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Idono View Post
    I would even suggest for bigger bikes to take right lane instead. This is because left lane usually are filled with big vehicles with a lot of blind spots. They tend to be dangerous to us bikers. However, as bikers, try not to weave too much, this is very disorientating to drivers. Also, when taking the right most lane, whenever you're tailgated, either give way as soon as is safely possible, or just run away from the car. The reason is that bikes have strong engine braking compared to cars. Drivers who are not bikers may accidentally misjudge if you were to throttle off.

Ride safe.
    "Back Off XP" module is e answer to those tailgaters mtfkrs... Eversince i fix it on my ride, no more vehicles wanna tailgate me.. Juz a slight tap on e brakes, 5 intermitent lights will b on.. Imagine mine with more than 10 leds, can c e vehicles juz suddenly slow dwn n back away lolzzzz...
    "Shut Up n Ride"

WanFazer
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zenfero View Post
    I support the TS 100%.

For me personally, I would limit myself to the slower lane when on expressway.

For my own safety, because some drivers think the right lane of the road belongs to them, just because they driving BMWs...
    Good luck to u ... Those slower lanes with lorries n buses will "protect" u from those fast cars hehe...
    "Shut Up n Ride"

firestation
    is going Bonks
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

think LTA should do something for bikers..... give bikers a bike lane. Dont get the point, speed limit is 90 ,80 forexpressway. so whats the problem if it is in lane 1 or lane 5?dont speed lar..... bike going 110, stupid car tailgate behind then high beam..... ???? what in the name of **** is this???????? then people like Mr STEVEN HOsay bikers should keep on slower lane???? Halo MR STEVEN HO aka Boduk, use ur brian and think lar.... God may have given you 2 head and not enough blood to flow to the 2 of them at the same time, but i dont think you need to use the other head when you are driving rite?????? why dont you just stay on the bus and lorry lanes then let them ramm into you?????? lorries are driving on 2nd lane now adays., n no TPs are out there to get them back into the 3rd lanes, so y dont you comment on something like that???? instead of asking the bikers to go on the slow moving vehicle lanes???????? God Bless You, dont tell people when you are outside meetting new friends that you are steven ho .And to the Stimes,wake up lar, give ue better news instead of stupid news like this. Got to pay for the papers leh. Not FREE 1 ......then wake up to read stupid **** to make blood go high.
    16/feb/09 Pass tp
    18/feb/09 sp150
    daelim rwr....... come liao!!!!!!!!!
    awaits S3.....
    S3 is here!!!!!!!!!!
    Daystar is in... (scraped on 13/06/2012)
    Varadero is here:
    Aprilla Sports city 200

wait4me
    my friend's , friend is my enemy
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wat a wall of text

i like the use your brian to think ...
    一路向北 4 EVER , my friend

gamerzdude
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Right lane left lane ..it's all the same when drivers misbehave. I am a cyclist, car driver, motorbiker. As a cyclist on the left most lane, most cars don't give me a wide enough berth when they pass and especially heavy vehicles it scares the **** out of me when they pass almost touching me i can feel the windflow "blowing" me off path. As a motorbiker, riding on the left most lane can be dangerous as I have experienced heavy vehicles and cement trucks tail gating me and if you guys realise, these heavy vehicle wanna play "racing" too! - overtaking one another when they are supposed to be travelling at 60km/h max.

So ladies and gentlemen, its not about the lane - its about the attitude and culture of road users here in singapore. When i was driving and cycling in New Zealand and Australia, I felt a lot safer, and we often give way to cyclists.

Laws and legislations is a form of passing on our personal responsibility of road safety and road graciousness to the government.. handing that responsibility from US to GOV. Not the way to go.

roz_sid
    is here
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

rider pls be safe

adesmond2
    is a Relaxed
    SBF Lacer
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gamerzdude View Post
    Right lane left lane ..it's all the same when drivers misbehave. I am a cyclist, car driver, motorbiker. As a cyclist on the left most lane, most cars don't give me a wide enough berth when they pass and especially heavy vehicles it scares the **** out of me when they pass almost touching me i can feel the windflow "blowing" me off path. As a motorbiker, riding on the left most lane can be dangerous as I have experienced heavy vehicles and cement trucks tail gating me and if you guys realise, these heavy vehicle wanna play "racing" too! - overtaking one another when they are supposed to be travelling at 60km/h max.

So ladies and gentlemen, its not about the lane - its about the attitude and culture of road users here in singapore. When i was driving and cycling in New Zealand and Australia, I felt a lot safer, and we often give way to cyclists.

Laws and legislations is a form of passing on our personal responsibility of road safety and road graciousness to the government.. handing that responsibility from US to GOV. Not the way to go.
    Actually, I did try to give way to cyclist while riding, however, they are just cycling at their own pace on 1.5/2.5 lane.. omg.. that's our bike's .5 lanes..

slow down den they just slowly ride nia..
    Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks...

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well.

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6285055#post6285055

wait4me
    my friend's , friend is my enemy
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gamerzdude View Post

their legal speed is 70 now ,that why they drive at 80 plus a bit and hog the middle lane
    一路向北 4 EVER , my friend

Isopropyl
    has no status.
    Class 2
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it clear Steven ho intention is to have the lane all by himself instead of really caring for rider. he should know, hardly any driver will maintain 90km/h in lane one. he is just selectively putting out points trying to get LTA to act.

if anyone know him, it will be good to invite him to SBF for an education or ask him to get a bike. don't have to feel envy biker is passing him in a jam.

hao25
    heeeeeeeeyo!
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha it's unfair to rider as what he said, even on a normal pathway there's bicycle path and normal walking path.. they should really give us a motorcycle lane if they dun wan us to squeeze with cars..

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Xparent ICS Blue Tapatalk 2

zephyrrt
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi
    With 25 yrs of daily commuting experience, my instinct told me that riding in extreme left lane with all the big and slow vehicles is extremely dangerous. Rider needs 3 basic element to survive on the road. Space, time and most important view in order to his destination safely. During normal riding we need to look far ahead and constantly read the ever changing traffic situation. When we have clear front view, we would be able to look for possible space among the tight traffic so as to react in time before it is too late. The best position to place our bike is to point our head light at the left signal light of the front car. With total concentration and constant scanning of the traffic situation, many potential accidents can be avoided.

To restrict riders at the slowest left lane with all the heavy vehicles is a no no in road surviving. I don't blame the person who suggested it because he has never ridden a motor-cycle in heavy traffic before. LTA's recommendation for biker to ride in the middle of the lane and keep 2 to 3 car space is only applicable to ideal situation. In current traffic condition in Singapore, no driver will give us the space in front or behind the bike because many extra space would be filled by cars. By riding at mid-lane, our front view would be blocked most of the time. Once we don't have a clearer view far in front, we would not have the time to react.

adesmond2
    is a Relaxed
    SBF Lacer
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zephyrrt View Post
    Hi
    With 25 yrs of daily commuting experience, my instinct told me that riding in extreme left lane with all the big and slow vehicles is extremely dangerous. Rider needs 3 basic element to survive on the road. Space, time and most important view in order to his destination safely. During normal riding we need to look far ahead and constantly read the ever changing traffic situation. When we have clear front view, we would be able to look for possible space among the tight traffic so as to react in time before it is too late. The best position to place our bike is to point our head light at the left signal light of the front car. With total concentration and constant scanning of the traffic situation, many potential accidents can be avoided.

To restrict riders at the slowest left lane with all the heavy vehicles is a no no in road surviving. I don't blame the person who suggested it because he has never ridden a motor-cycle in heavy traffic before. LTA's recommendation for biker to ride in the middle of the lane and keep 2 to 3 car space is only applicable to ideal situation. In current traffic condition in Singapore, no driver will give us the space in front or behind the bike because many extra space would be filled by cars. By riding at mid-lane, our front view would be blocked most of the time. Once we don't have a clearer view far in front, we would not have the time to react.
    Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks...

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well.

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6285055#post6285055

Jehuty
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zephyrrt View Post
    Hi

There's a difference in driving habits of countries with lots of bikes like Msia and one with not so many like Singapore. Drivers here don't care if they can't see, they assume everyone else is a car.

jerwenhao
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agre with this vid.

http://m.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3...=VAQGvvD-i&s=1

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

simpleboy
    Lesson 8.01
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HELLO so is it legal for bikes to be in lane 1

w7_lee
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its not illegal to be on lane 1.

But if you are on a small bike and/or is struggling to maintain at 90kmph (or more), please be considerate and stay off lane 1.

guangwei
    has no status.
    Class 2
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by adesmond2 View Post
    "REGRETTABLY, it is precisely the riding attitudes of motorcyclist like Miss Joanne Poh. ("Motorcyclists at risk because of drivers"; May 26) that may cause potentially serious and even fatal accidents.

While it is true that drivers tend to tailgate motorcyclists in the faster lanes along the expressways, this would not happen if the motorcyclists rode in the slower lane.

Many motorcyclists risk their live by riding in the fast lanes, which allow a maximum speed of 90km/h. It is not uncommon to see may of them overtaking cars in the fastest lane at speeds of over 100km/h.

A slight miscalculation at such speeds, by either the motorcyclist or driver, could result in serious or even fatal accidents, particularly for motorcyclists.

Riding between lanes is also highly dangerous. Drivers already have their hands full having o constantly look out for vehicles in front of and behind them. Having to watch out for motorcyclists who weave through on the left or right leaves an even smaller margin of error against serious accidents.

The point that motorcyclist must remember is that their margin for error is virtually zero along the expressways. So the onus is on them to keep riding at a safe distance from cars as much as possible.

The Lane Transport Authority should ban motorcyclists from riding in the fastest expressway lane (lane 1), and between the quick lanes (lane 1 & 2), as well as limit the speed of motorcycles to that of goods vehicles and trucks, that is, 70km/h or 80km/h.

Steven Ho
    Attachment 247368

What's your view in this?

This guy claims that bikes travel faster generally, yet also claim that cars like to tailgate them in the first lane(guess cus they travel slower), no logic.
    And hes properly one of the road bully out there who target bikers specifically. Hope someone csb this faggot out soon though it had been 2 years.

ylloree
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Be safe out there, no reason to stay in lane1 where most a-holes like to show off.

zalk
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really depends on the traffic conditions IMHO. Sometimes 2B bikes can easily keep up in lane 1 when traffic is going a little bit slower, sometimes they can't when the road is empty and cars are going faster. Just use your own discretion when to get out of lane 1.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12