User Tag List

Results 1 to 50 of 50

Thread: Road Rage

  1. #1
    ki113r
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,764
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Road Rage





    Sorry, can't find any link online. So share this newspaper article 1st.

    24yr old Uni student attacked by 15 motorcyclists.
    Last edited by ki113r; 17-06-2012 at 07:37 PM.


    2004 - 2005 FR1284A ~ NSR150SP (FILA Paintwork)
    2012 - 2013 FS7810L ~ NSR150SP (Pure White)
    2013 - 2015 FBE9955K ~ Spec 3 (Pearl White)
    2015 - ???? Quit riding

  2. #2
    captain_des
    has no status.
    TeePee captain_des's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    your girlfriend's place :)
    Posts
    2,943
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    i think the majority of them got caught no?
    looking for drz parts, any parts will do!

     

     
  3. #3
    MrHui
    has no status.
    TeePee MrHui's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    2,371
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    What date is the newspaper?
    ===============
    ZX-150" OCT '07 - FEB '09
    SPEC III" FEB '09 - APR '11
    GSXR-750" APR '11 - DEC '11
    FZ6S2" JAN 12 - JULY '12
    FZ1N" JULY 12 - MAR '15
    MONSTER 796" MAR '15 - ???
    ===============

  4. #4
    ki113r
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,764
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by captain_des View Post
    i think the majority of them got caught no?
    As stated in the newspaper, 10 of them got caught so far.

    Quote Originally Posted by MrHui View Post
    What date is the newspaper?
    Today's Lian He Wan Bao.


    2004 - 2005 FR1284A ~ NSR150SP (FILA Paintwork)
    2012 - 2013 FS7810L ~ NSR150SP (Pure White)
    2013 - 2015 FBE9955K ~ Spec 3 (Pearl White)
    2015 - ???? Quit riding

  5. #5
    kmax
    rides bicycle
    SBF Cruisers kmax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    valle d'or
    Posts
    11,349
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

  6. #6
    theblackmamba
    check out the free stuff thread
    SBF Lacer
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    5,414
    Feedback Score
    39 (100%)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    look like rempit gang ah

  7. #7
    sICkbOi-dOt-cOm
    rides on lane 3 only.
    SBF Fazers sICkbOi-dOt-cOm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    MSCP
    Posts
    5,816
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    http://www.tnp.sg/content/undergrad-...affic-junction

    Full story.. 1 sided story nia..

    Sent from my Dell Streak using Tapatalk
    **********DISCLAIMER**********
    The information contained in this post, including any attachments,may contain confidential information Copy of this post for any purpose other than viewing for entertainment is not allowed & shall encur a fine of no less than $500 & any court costs required. The courts take copyright violations seriously. Think twice.

  8. #8
    mechwira
    rides for recreation.
    TeePee mechwira's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Bukit Panjang
    Posts
    3,907
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i just read it in New Paper.

    the undergrad with the beng car claimed two things:

    1) before the incident, at a previous traffic stop, one rider came up to his window and tapped on it and asked "You got problem?". The undergrad replied "No i got no problem".

    2) After that the group of bikers surrounded the car forcing him to drive only at 30kmh.

    Its only after these 2 that he claimed one bike surrounding him in front jam brake, causing him to also jam brake, and then a biker behind couldn brake in time slamming into him. the undergrad claim he did nothing to provoke the group.

    Now, obviously i condemn the bikers for behaving like gangsters, should haul the whole lot of them all up for rioting.

    but nobody interviewed the bikers, and although i admit i am guessing, i dun believe the undergrad with the beng car did nothing to provoke the bikers. they may be punks, but they dun tap your window and challenge you for nothing.

    It's true: it's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than to ride a fast bike slow. Admittedly, though... It is MOST fun to ride a fast bike fast!

  9. #9
    kmax
    rides bicycle
    SBF Cruisers kmax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    valle d'or
    Posts
    11,349
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

  10. #10
    sICkbOi-dOt-cOm
    rides on lane 3 only.
    SBF Fazers sICkbOi-dOt-cOm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    MSCP
    Posts
    5,816
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Diff from tnp version.

    Sent from my Dell Streak using Tapatalk
    **********DISCLAIMER**********
    The information contained in this post, including any attachments,may contain confidential information Copy of this post for any purpose other than viewing for entertainment is not allowed & shall encur a fine of no less than $500 & any court costs required. The courts take copyright violations seriously. Think twice.

  11. #11
    ki113r
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,764
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Actually, I don't believe this driver never provoke the motorcyclists. But no matter what, they also can't whack the driver


    2004 - 2005 FR1284A ~ NSR150SP (FILA Paintwork)
    2012 - 2013 FS7810L ~ NSR150SP (Pure White)
    2013 - 2015 FBE9955K ~ Spec 3 (Pearl White)
    2015 - ???? Quit riding

     

     
  12. #12
    kmax
    rides bicycle
    SBF Cruisers kmax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    valle d'or
    Posts
    11,349
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    and the bike FW 3980 J was said to be stolen bike in 2005

    http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums...=1#post1372394

    hey 125z members...if u come acrosss red 125z wit no side kups....plate FW3980J...please stop tat fellow/PM me where u see it/call me straight98535153...my bike had been stolen!!spread this news ard thx~pples..pic below

  13. #13
    Silent Hunter
    has no status.
    SBF Lacer Silent Hunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Singapore, Yishun
    Posts
    5,133
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hahahahaha! Never provoke, but got squeeze people out lah, got change lane without checking blind spot lah, tailgate lah, didn't signal lah...
    But all done without intention one!

    Like the london bus driver like that, knock over a chio 20 year old SG female drag her under the bus for almost 1 km then claimed he thought knock over a fox. Didn't see got people leh!
    Motorcyclist are the nicest people on the road, try not to kill us.

  14. #14
    ki113r
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,764
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kmax View Post
    and the bike FW 3980 J was said to be stolen bike in 2005

    http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums...=1#post1372394
    Wow, you're like wikipedia!

    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Hunter View Post
    Hahahahaha! Never provoke, but got squeeze people out lah, got change lane without checking blind spot lah, tailgate lah, didn't signal lah...
    But all done without intention one!

    Like the london bus driver like that, knock over a chio 20 year old SG female drag her under the bus for almost 1 km then claimed he thought knock over a fox. Didn't see got people leh!
    Ya, the "Knock over a fox" makes people angry~!


    2004 - 2005 FR1284A ~ NSR150SP (FILA Paintwork)
    2012 - 2013 FS7810L ~ NSR150SP (Pure White)
    2013 - 2015 FBE9955K ~ Spec 3 (Pearl White)
    2015 - ???? Quit riding

  15. #15
    WanFazer
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kg Mak Limah
    Posts
    1,676
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Bengz deserves it n matz deserves to b arrested..
    "Shut Up n Ride"

  16. #16
    danielling1981
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,750
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Read this biker atk story and really shocked. Agree with most post tat no matter wat e driver did, should not use force.

    If lets say e driver hit ur fren bike or something, i would think e max u can do is stop e driver and inform him tat u wan him to wait for e police. And while talking to e driver make sure u record e conversation. This is to prove tat u asked him in a civilized manner. And also warn him of e situation assuming e driver knock into someone. Then warn him tat u would use force to restrain e driver if he attempts to try to escape.

    If e conversation is recorded with these warnings, i would think using force to restrain if he tries to escape is fine. But of coz within bounds, restrain is still different from beating up a person.
    WTS: Yamaha FZ1S 07
    http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php/404820-WTS-Yamaha-FZ1S-07?p=8036785#post8036785

  17. #17
    wait4me
    my friend's , friend is my enemy
    SBF Lacer wait4me's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    the far east
    Posts
    39,738
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    wa kmax power sia....
    macam google ...
    一路向北 4 EVER , my friend



  18. #18
    Fried Rice
    is running out of time
    SBF Lacer Fried Rice's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    5,705
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Aiya some drivers are yaya papaya. I'm not surprised he got beaten up by the group of bikers. But I feel that what that group of bikers did was wrong.

  19. #19
    Rye
    has no status.
    L Plate Rye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    20
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    What the bikers did was wrong and even if there was a preceding incident, there are more civil ways to handle it. Its not about car vs. biker, I'm sure the group of bikers would have done the same to any other biker who was not their friend and if they were just feeling "buay song" or agitated over a preceding incident. There are various incidents of road rage incidents of biker vs biker as well.
    Phantom TA200 - 2010 - 2011
    Vespa PX150 - 2010 - 2011
    Honda CBR400RR - 2011 - 2012
    Kawasaki KR150 - 2012 - Present
    Honda CB400 - 2012 - Present

  20. #20
    MotoBike
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    90
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    4 guys & 1 gal were charged for rioting on 18/6/12, not sure if it's with offensive weapons or not. If yes, confirm jail term + caning. Hope these people learn their expensive lesson.

  21. #21
    kmax
    rides bicycle
    SBF Cruisers kmax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    valle d'or
    Posts
    11,349
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MotoBike View Post
    4 guys & 1 gal were charged for rioting on 18/6/12, not sure if it's with offensive weapons or not. If yes, confirm jail term + caning. Hope these people learn their expensive lesson.
    Muhammad Zulfadly Zainoldin, 22, Muhammad Firdouz Saiman, 23, Mohammad Yassin Abdul Latif, 23, Shadikin Noordin, 23, and Siti Khadijah Hussain, 23, will face the court again on July 29.
    http://www.asiaone.com/News/AsiaOne%...18-353647.html

     

     
  22. #22
    kmax
    rides bicycle
    SBF Cruisers kmax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    valle d'or
    Posts
    11,349
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wait4me View Post
    wa kmax power sia....
    macam google ...

    just google the number lah bro.. nothing much..

  23. #23
    WanFazer
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kg Mak Limah
    Posts
    1,676
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by danielling1981 View Post
    Read this biker atk story and really shocked. Agree with most post tat no matter wat e driver did, should not use force.

    If lets say e driver hit ur fren bike or something, i would think e max u can do is stop e driver and inform him tat u wan him to wait for e police. And while talking to e driver make sure u record e conversation. This is to prove tat u asked him in a civilized manner. And also warn him of e situation assuming e driver knock into someone. Then warn him tat u would use force to restrain e driver if he attempts to try to escape.

    If e conversation is recorded with these warnings, i would think using force to restrain if he tries to escape is fine. But of coz within bounds, restrain is still different from beating up a person.
    Those young punks where got time to think like dat.. All they know, whack only lolzzz ..
    "Shut Up n Ride"

  24. #24
    danielling1981
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,750
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WanFazer View Post
    Those young punks where got time to think like dat.. All they know, whack only lolzzz ..
    :/ agree. My post is more for fellow riders here. Just a suggestion on wat can be done which is still within e borders of law.

    Understand tat we ve all encounter situations where we "hot". "touch wood" but we never noe if 1 day we may encounter a hit and run on our frens then we ve to stay clear and be aware of wat we can do.

    Just to share another example. More than 5 years ago, there was a case where a male push his gf onto mrt track. Ultimately e male was charge for attempted murder. But during tat short instance after e push, e male tried to leave e scene and members of public stop him by force.

    They didnt do wat i suggest (record conversation) and in those days stomp, and home videos is not so common. Thus there isnt any proof of wat e public did was right.

    To sum up, there was a struggle and e public i think around 4 other males sort of bear hug + grab arm/leg and even punch his face. When police come, his face was bloodied but none of e public was charged.

    Thus in e eyes of law, it is my opinion tat (this is very very grey) u can restraint a person if he has commit a offense. As much as possible try not to use any violence. E objective of restraint is to make sure he do not run until e authorities arrive.

    Thus in our riders situation, if e need arise, follow e motorist. DO NOT attempt to stop him using ur bike. Assuming he has already hit and run, it makes sense tat he wont ve any regrets running u over too. If on e way lucky c authority honk and signal them to follow.

    Once reach destination, give him a warning first. If there r public around call for help/witness. DO NOT confront alone. If no public/ witness, e recording will be critical. Becoz now $ talks volumes in court. (good lawyers)

    With public/ witness or recording of conversation, my opinion (very grey area) is tat u can restraint him if he still wan to run.

    As a rider, on e road, we must always be calm. Im sure many of us has experienced e "hot" moment and later on realise tat it is just stupid. If something happens, we must be even more calm and be able to react. Hope my opinion will help others to ve a better idea of wat we can try rather than just threaten or violence.

    Ps: remember e case 1+ year back where a biker follow a car all e way home to confront? It was on e news and stomp. In e end e car just needed to act blur and instead became rider's fault for e nasty behavior.

    Riders r commonly a bane in e eyes of public, thus when it comes we situations we ve to be smarter. Remember tat car population is way more than bikes. So in a vote we also lose. On e road we dun ve metal cover also lose. In evidence we dun ve on board cam also lose.

    So play it smart. Play it right
    WTS: Yamaha FZ1S 07
    http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php/404820-WTS-Yamaha-FZ1S-07?p=8036785#post8036785

  25. #25
    mechwira
    rides for recreation.
    TeePee mechwira's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Bukit Panjang
    Posts
    3,907
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    actually, you can physically restrain a person who has clearly committed a crime.

    thus that guy who push his gf onto mrt track, clear-cut crime, can restrain physically until mata arrive. no comments about punching him until bloody.

    BUT.... if a car cuts you dangerously but no contact no accident, no crime is committed in this instance. you cannot restrain the fella.

    But if contact is made until the rider falls and injure himself, then yes the fella can be restrained.

    thus the difficulty is actually for members of the public to decide when a crime has actually been committed and when it has not.

    It's true: it's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than to ride a fast bike slow. Admittedly, though... It is MOST fun to ride a fast bike fast!

  26. #26
    danielling1981
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,750
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mechwira View Post
    actually, you can physically restrain a person who has clearly committed a crime.

    thus that guy who push his gf onto mrt track, clear-cut crime, can restrain physically until mata arrive. no comments about punching him until bloody.

    BUT.... if a car cuts you dangerously but no contact no accident, no crime is committed in this instance. you cannot restrain the fella.

    But if contact is made until the rider falls and injure himself, then yes the fella can be restrained.

    thus the difficulty is actually for members of the public to decide when a crime has actually been committed and when it has not.
    Which is y if u dun ve clear video evidence of the accident which in most rider's case we dun ve. Wat we can do is follow the motorist to the destination. On the way do not do anything dangerous like trying to forcefully stop the vehicle, just follow. If c any authorities like police or TP, signal them to follow.

    Once at the destination, try to get independent eye witness. If not available, record the voice conversation stating clearly y u will restrain him/her with force if he attempts to run. Then call police or something. After thinking through, this is the closest to wat i think can be done within legal limits. Of coz again i state, restrain not = beating up the person. ._.
    WTS: Yamaha FZ1S 07
    http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php/404820-WTS-Yamaha-FZ1S-07?p=8036785#post8036785

  27. #27
    zenfero
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    56
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mechwira View Post

    But if contact is made until the rider falls and injure himself, then yes the fella can be restrained.
    By contact, does this mean that the body of the car must touch the bike? What happens if the driver drives dangerously and make me fall off?

  28. #28
    danielling1981
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,750
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zenfero View Post
    By contact, does this mean that the body of the car must touch the bike? What happens if the driver drives dangerously and make me fall off?
    Yes. Unless u ve very clear video evidence. But still with video evidence it is debatable.

    If ve contact, forensic will be able to verify tat e vehicle touch e other vehicle. But e debate on how it happen will still be there.

    Bottom line is if he leave e scene, will e charge for hit and run if got contact. If no contact but ve evidence same, hit and run. No contact, no evidence = LPPL.
    WTS: Yamaha FZ1S 07
    http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php/404820-WTS-Yamaha-FZ1S-07?p=8036785#post8036785

  29. #29
    gohjohan
    has no status.
    Kruzers gohjohan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    5,147
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kmax View Post
    just google the number lah bro.. nothing much..
    No wonder. I thought you also read all the threads and can dig back from the archive section

  30. #30
    WanFazer
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kg Mak Limah
    Posts
    1,676
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by danielling1981 View Post
    Yes. Unless u ve very clear video evidence. But still with video evidence it is debatable.

    If ve contact, forensic will be able to verify tat e vehicle touch e other vehicle. But e debate on how it happen will still be there.

    Bottom line is if he leave e scene, will e charge for hit and run if got contact. If no contact but ve evidence same, hit and run. No contact, no evidence = LPPL.
    Not everything needs video... Have an independent eye witness is good enuf, provided there r other road users who witness how it happen.. If e road is deserted than LLPL.. Speak from experience whereby a driver purposely wanted to drive me off e rd by swerving into my lane... Stopped a rider who was riding behind me n ask him to b my witness.. He agreed n i wrote to TP... Driver kena $200 n 12 points for dangerous driving.. Good enuf i didnt report him for criminal intimidation, else jail term for sure..
    "Shut Up n Ride"

  31. #31
    danielling1981
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,750
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    In e case of this topic. I think if e riders get their group to be witness it wont work since its not "independent".

    And
    1) usually hard to be lucky tat e one behind saw e same thing as u
    2) usually hard to be able o stop and get e one behind who saw e same thing as u to be witness
    3) if involve in e accident how to get help? E one helping may not be e one who saw wat happen

    Of coz if can dun need video would be great. But rather depend on e low chance of getting independent witness, i urge all to get a video cam for car and bike for a better chance.
    WTS: Yamaha FZ1S 07
    http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php/404820-WTS-Yamaha-FZ1S-07?p=8036785#post8036785

     

     
  32. #32
    temp3r
    has no status.
    Class 2 temp3r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    west
    Posts
    1,143
    Feedback Score
    -1 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    bad impression on rider liao....

  33. #33
    Jehuty
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    3,183
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Standard la, group of mats vs one beng, news will favor the beng. We don't really know the story and I don't trust state run media

  34. #34
    duo
    would rather be a troll than the champion..
    SBF Lacer duo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    5,156
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by temp3r View Post
    bad impression on rider liao....
    Riders have always have bad impression by the public. Sad but true.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jehuty View Post
    Standard la, group of mats vs one beng, news will favor the beng. We don't really know the story and I don't trust state run media
    I concur. Have stopped subscribing to ST and the likes since 1996.
    KRGT-1
    I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride my bike..I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride it where I like..

  35. #35
    Jehuty
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    3,183
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Can't be bothered with public perception of riders, they will always be against riders, ride defensively and you're riding dangerously. My life and passion vs what the public thinks of me in general? I chose my life and passion. My perception of drivers is that they are slow in reaction and dim witted about how traffic works, that will always stay.

  36. #36
    duo
    would rather be a troll than the champion..
    SBF Lacer duo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    5,156
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jehuty View Post
    Can't be bothered with public perception of riders, they will always be against riders, ride defensively and you're riding dangerously. My life and passion vs what the public thinks of me in general? I chose my life and passion. My perception of drivers is that they are slow in reaction and dim witted about how traffic works, that will always stay.
    KRGT-1
    I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride my bike..I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride it where I like..

  37. #37
    Metal Gear
    has no status.
    Class 2A Metal Gear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    the North East
    Posts
    510
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Oh yah, so the driver with his head bleeding and after being attacked by 15 motorcyclist is obviously at fault right guys??

    Even if the car driver cut you, there's no reason for it to escalate into a physical encounter. Why can't just feel angry a bit and then move on with life? Why must beat up people? Not as if riders are not susceptible to dangerous riding. We all use the same road, just let live and ride on.

    Also, why do some of you have this inferiority complex by thinking that everyone is against riders?
    Current Rides:
    FEB 07 -> NOV 08 [CBR 150]
    AUG 08 -> AUG 12 [XJR400]
    AUG 12 -> ??? [DUCATI MONSTER 696]

  38. #38
    danielling1981
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,750
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Metal Gear View Post
    Oh yah, so the driver with his head bleeding and after being attacked by 15 motorcyclist is obviously at fault right guys??

    Even if the car driver cut you, there's no reason for it to escalate into a physical encounter. Why can't just feel angry a bit and then move on with life? Why must beat up people? Not as if riders are not susceptible to dangerous riding. We all use the same road, just let live and ride on.

    Also, why do some of you have this inferiority complex by thinking that everyone is against riders?
    I think there r some who thinks there may be more to e story. Just put urself in their shoes and e driver maybe caused 1 of ur rider fren to skid and fall becoz of his dangerous driving. There wasnt any contact but anyone who saw will noe e driver is e one to cause it. How then would u react?

    Note tat e above is only a example o how e story could be which we wont noe.

    As for inferiority complex, i dun ve tat but i do feel tat there r drivers on e road who really dun care for us riders. If u r a rider who did not feel this before doesnt mean others r making stories and ve inferiority complex.

    Once again i ask u. If someone endangered e life of someone close to u, will u be able to move on?
    WTS: Yamaha FZ1S 07
    http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php/404820-WTS-Yamaha-FZ1S-07?p=8036785#post8036785

  39. #39
    Metal Gear
    has no status.
    Class 2A Metal Gear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    the North East
    Posts
    510
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by danielling1981 View Post
    I think there r some who thinks there may be more to e story. Just put urself in their shoes and e driver maybe caused 1 of ur rider fren to skid and fall becoz of his dangerous driving. There wasnt any contact but anyone who saw will noe e driver is e one to cause it. How then would u react?

    Note tat e above is only a example o how e story could be which we wont noe.

    As for inferiority complex, i dun ve tat but i do feel tat there r drivers on e road who really dun care for us riders. If u r a rider who did not feel this before doesnt mean others r making stories and ve inferiority complex.

    Once again i ask u. If someone endangered e life of someone close to u, will u be able to move on?
    For me, I take it for what it is. Conversely, since we are speculating, if you see your driver fren being ganged up and beaten by 15 bikers who somehow has a problem with him, how would u react too? I think we can speculate and assume all we want but I take the news story for what it is without adding more layers of complexity when the truth is none of us know anything about what happened before the bikers chose to beat up the driver.

    Also about the inferiority complex, I also had my own run-ins with drivers and bikers too but I don't feel the need to have the we" against "them" attitude. It is as if we are at war with other road users and hence any small mishaps we encounter with them is proof that they are out to get bikers. Sometimes I see others ride like a **** on the road and I do that unintentionally too so I am willing to give people more benefit of the doubt because most times, I do think they genuinely don't mean it. It just so happened that they chose to do the wrong thing for that 5 seconds on the road.

    About endangering human lives, I've been in that position before........................ I've been knocked down only once tho but a few ppl close to me have even lost their lives on the road...
    Maybe different ppl have different ways of dealing with such things but I feel just as bad having to lay that heavy burden on the person responsible who might not actually intended for such a thing to happen in the first place. Just move on and learn from your experiences.
    Current Rides:
    FEB 07 -> NOV 08 [CBR 150]
    AUG 08 -> AUG 12 [XJR400]
    AUG 12 -> ??? [DUCATI MONSTER 696]

  40. #40
    danielling1981
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,750
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Metal Gear View Post
    For me, I take it for what it is. Conversely, since we are speculating, if you see your driver fren being ganged up and beaten by 15 bikers who somehow has a problem with him, how would u react too? I think we can speculate and assume all we want but I take the news story for what it is without adding more layers of complexity when the truth is none of us know anything about what happened before the bikers chose to beat up the driver.

    Also about the inferiority complex, I also had my own run-ins with drivers and bikers too but I don't feel the need to have the we" against "them" attitude. It is as if we are at war with other road users and hence any small mishaps we encounter with them is proof that they are out to get bikers. Sometimes I see others ride like a **** on the road and I do that unintentionally too so I am willing to give people more benefit of the doubt because most times, I do think they genuinely don't mean it. It just so happened that they chose to do the wrong thing for that 5 seconds on the road.

    About endangering human lives, I've been in that position before........................ I've been knocked down only once tho but a few ppl close to me have even lost their lives on the road...
    Maybe different ppl have different ways of dealing with such things but I feel just as bad having to lay that heavy burden on the person responsible who might not actually intended for such a thing to happen in the first place. Just move on and learn from your experiences.
    Ur post makes a lot of sense. I ve to slowly detach from this riders vs drivers mindset too. Sadly it is hard. But u r right tat I ve had close shaves with other riders too although only 1 time in my 7 years. For cars much more cases. Well i ve to admit tat to be fair, it is not really drivers vs riders since it is only a small group of drivers tat r fup!!

    Agree also tat i was just speculating thus this debate can go on 4ever. =X
    WTS: Yamaha FZ1S 07
    http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php/404820-WTS-Yamaha-FZ1S-07?p=8036785#post8036785

  41. #41
    duo
    would rather be a troll than the champion..
    SBF Lacer duo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    5,156
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by danielling1981 View Post
    Ur post makes a lot of sense. I ve to slowly detach from this riders vs drivers mindset too. Sadly it is hard. But u r right tat I ve had close shaves with other riders too although only 1 time in my 7 years. For cars much more cases. Well i ve to admit tat to be fair, it is not really drivers vs riders since it is only a small group of drivers tat r fup!!

    Agree also tat i was just speculating thus this debate can go on 4ever. =X
    What can we do? Its already happened. Life still have to go on. I too lost many friends in accidents. One I can never forget is the Fort Rd accident whereby one so called celebrity chef lost control of his car and the car practically flew off to the opposite lane going in opposite direction and fell onto my friend who was riding. A friend I have known for more than 10years. I was distraught to hear of his passing in the early morning. But life has to go on.
    KRGT-1
    I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride my bike..I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride it where I like..

     

     
  42. #42
    mechwira
    rides for recreation.
    TeePee mechwira's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Bukit Panjang
    Posts
    3,907
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Metal Gear View Post
    Oh yah, so the driver with his head bleeding and after being attacked by 15 motorcyclist is obviously at fault right guys??

    Even if the car driver cut you, there's no reason for it to escalate into a physical encounter. Why can't just feel angry a bit and then move on with life? Why must beat up people? Not as if riders are not susceptible to dangerous riding. We all use the same road, just let live and ride on.

    Also, why do some of you have this inferiority complex by thinking that everyone is against riders?
    i'm a driver and a biker. i dun have a me (biker) against them (drivers) complex, coz i cant be against myself when i take the car. there are idiot bikers and there are idiot drivers. the only difference is that idiot bikers generally endanger only themselves, while idiot drivers endanger everyone around them. this does not at all vindicate reckless riders, this is merely a statement of fact. Even when i'm in my four-wheeled cage i tend to get pi$$ed with drivers more than riders.

    i dun think what the bikers did is justified, for watever reason. but if you gonna take the news at face value, that 15 bikers for no reason at all set on a sweet innocent driver purely out of gang behavior, thats your choice.

    or if you trying to say that probably the driver really did provoke the bikers but it does not justify the violence, thats the same as wat most of us are saying anyway.

    but hey, some of us choose to go further and say ppl should look at both sides. is the idea that bikers are mistreated on the roads just the imagination of some of us with 'inferiority complex', or is it a real phenomenon?

    and why we cannot just "get angry a bit and move on with life"? becoz every few days a biker moves on.... to the next life. who's next?

    this is not about "us against them", or some "inferiority complex". this is about bikers saying our mistreatment on the road is a real issue, and its an important issue. its about us having to constantly tell society we deserve to have our share of the roads. we are not likely to ever change society, but that doesn mean we all should just keep quiet and let it be. if you do choose to keep quiet and move on with life, that is your call.

    It's true: it's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than to ride a fast bike slow. Admittedly, though... It is MOST fun to ride a fast bike fast!

  43. #43
    duo
    would rather be a troll than the champion..
    SBF Lacer duo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    5,156
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mechwira View Post
    i'm a driver and a biker. i dun have a me (biker) against them (drivers) complex, coz i cant be against myself when i take the car. there are idiot bikers and there are idiot drivers. the only difference is that idiot bikers generally endanger only themselves, while idiot drivers endanger everyone around them. this does not at all vindicate reckless riders, this is merely a statement of fact. Even when i'm in my four-wheeled cage i tend to get pi$$ed with drivers more than riders.

    i dun think what the bikers did is justified, for watever reason. but if you gonna take the news at face value, that 15 bikers for no reason at all set on a sweet innocent driver purely out of gang behavior, thats your choice.

    or if you trying to say that probably the driver really did provoke the bikers but it does not justify the violence, thats the same as wat most of us are saying anyway.

    but hey, some of us choose to go further and say ppl should look at both sides. is the idea that bikers are mistreated on the roads just the imagination of some of us with 'inferiority complex', or is it a real phenomenon?

    and why we cannot just "get angry a bit and move on with life"? becoz every few days a biker moves on.... to the next life. who's next?

    this is not about "us against them", or some "inferiority complex". this is about bikers saying our mistreatment on the road is a real issue, and its an important issue. its about us having to constantly tell society we deserve to have our share of the roads. we are not likely to ever change society, but that doesn mean we all should just keep quiet and let it be. if you do choose to keep quiet and move on with life, that is your call.
    Been telling everyone I know or met that a reckless rider kills ownself but a reckless driver kills others. That is what I tell them when they say riding is dangerous. But not everyone agrees. Its true what they say you can please some but not everyone.
    KRGT-1
    I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride my bike..I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride it where I like..

  44. #44
    Jehuty
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    3,183
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Metal Gear View Post
    Oh yah, so the driver with his head bleeding and after being attacked by 15 motorcyclist is obviously at fault right guys??

    Even if the car driver cut you, there's no reason for it to escalate into a physical encounter. Why can't just feel angry a bit and then move on with life? Why must beat up people? Not as if riders are not susceptible to dangerous riding. We all use the same road, just let live and ride on.

    Also, why do some of you have this inferiority complex by thinking that everyone is against riders?
    Simple, majority don't ride. Not everyone is against riders, some are and that some is a sizeable number, its all numbers. So yeah, many are against riders, even the gahmen, no bikes in Sentosa being one of them.

    And ever thought why 15 riders would beat up one beng in a not so fast car? Obviously because there's more of them means its their fault right?

    I dunno if you know how some drivers feel about their metal cage, probably along the lines of 'I in car, I very safe, at most scratch' and the typical Singaporean 'This is Singapore leh, will never happen one'

    2nd thing, if you were never a rider, you wouldn't know why riders ride like they do and think they are reckless riders, you will never know such discrimination exist. Like I said before, I can't give two shits about what the public thinks. I just assume every other road user is a moron, including other riders.
    Last edited by Jehuty; 09-07-2012 at 02:10 AM.

  45. #45
    zip113
    wants a bull market
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    45
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    part and parcel of life i would say. it happens everyday

  46. #46
    hao25
    heeeeeeeeyo!
    P Plate
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    80
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It's wrong no matter what reason, should talk out first.. and not trying to prove ego and show off or what.. there are a lot of insensible adults out their that makes their loved ones worry about them..

    Sent from my GT-P7500 using Xparent ICS Blue Tapatalk 2

  47. #47
    kmax
    rides bicycle
    SBF Cruisers kmax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    valle d'or
    Posts
    11,349
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    http://thecourtroom.stomp.com.sg/cou...th-bloody-head

    A group of motorcyclists tailed Mr Jerome Loy Xue Song and assaulted the motorist, leaving him with a bloody head.

    A district court yesterday sentenced Shadikin Noordin, 25, one of the motorcyclists, to four months in jail after he pleaded guilty to punching Mr Loy, reports the Straits Times.

    Just after midnight on June 16 last year, Mr Loy, 24, then a student, was driving his car along Geylang Road when he noticed some motorcyclists riding in a zigzag manner. He slammed his brakes when two of them suddenly rode in front of his car.

    This made them unhappy and they tailed him to Hill Street. There they surrounded the car and rode very slowly.

    When Mr Loy had to brake suddenly again, Mr Sharulizad Sukiman, 26, was unable to stop in time and his motorcycle hit the car's rear and fell to the ground.

    His pillion rider, Siti Khadijah Hussain, 24, was enraged and hit Mr Loy's cheek with her slipper. She also punched him. When he grabbed her wrist, some of her companions set upon Mr Loy.

    A witness called the police. The attackers did not ride off as Mr Loy had seized one of the motorcycles' ignition keys.

    At the Singapore General Hospital, Mr Loy received three stitches for the cut on his scalp.

    Shadikin's defence counsel, Mr Paul, who goes by one name, said that Mr Loy had provoked his client by revving his engine unnecessarily. Shadikin, who is a hotel executive, could have been jailed for up to two years and fined.

    The other accomplices have already been dealt with. Siti Khadijah and Muhammad Zulfadly Zainoldin, 22, are serving 15 months' probation. Mohammad Yassin Abdul Latif and Muhammad Firdouz Saiman, both 24, were jailed for four months each.

  48. #48
    Tian3068
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    53
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    SG roads are one of the worst to drive in compared to other developed states...

    always make sure you keep your temper in check even when you think the driver in front/beside you is a cuckoo

  49. #49
    normad
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    75
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jehuty View Post
    Standard la, group of mats vs one beng, news will favor the beng. We don't really know the story and I don't trust state run media
    Natural selection...

  50. #50
    normad
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    75
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Double post...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •