1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Exclamation Nokia C5-03 Screen Problem

Hi guys!

I have a Nokia C5-03.

About a month ago, my touch screen had a problem whereby there was a 'dead' spot when touching the screen. When i touched the 'dead' spot, for example, an app to a shortcut, it will 'click' the app to the right of it, all the time, or even 'click' at the end of it. This problem just happened and it gradually became worse until its state now. This problem can be highlighted in the crude diagram below.

--------

X A B C
    --------

For example, when i touch 'X', the screen will touch 'C' 70% of the time, 'B' 15% of the time, 'A' 10% of the time and 'X' (where i want to click), 5% of the time.

Whichever screen i go to, this will always be the case. I have done both a soft and hard reset and i still have this problem. I dismantled my phone and cleaned the both the digitizer and the screen. In the end, the same problem still occurs.

I am 80% sure that it is either the digitizer or the screen that is faulty. Anyone knows where can i go to a shop in Singapore that sells these Nokia parts for really cheap? Or a good handphone repair shop that does it for cheap (There can be a 20% chance its the connector or the motherboard itself spoil).

Help me out guys. Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    [2005 Yamaha YBR 125]

revhappy
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

My wife had a Nokia C3-05. One day she kept it for charging and suddenly the phone became very hot and then cant see the display anymore, after that next day the phone is not starting at all.

Anyways it was a lousy phone with pathetic touch screen. Then I bought her a Samsung Galaxy Ace 2. It is such a lovely phone, in comparison.

BTW, C5-03 value has dropped like crazy, now it is selling for 130$ without warranty in shops in Little India, whereas I had bought it for 300$ with warranty in 2011 Mar and the phone spoil just after warranty got over.

After that I decided no more buy phones with warranty. The Galaxy Ace 2 I bought from Naranjan without warranty for 290$. Awesome value for money
    May '10 - Jun '11 : Bajaj Pulsar 180 DTSi UG2
    Jul '11 - Jan '12 : Honda Phantom TA200
    Feb '12 - Jul '12 : Bajaj Pulsar 180 DTSi UG3
    Aug '12 - Current : Bajaj Pulsar 200 DTSi

crazydj
    is the Master of Magical Fuel Penguins
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by revhappy View Post
    My wife had a Nokia C3-05. One day she kept it for charging and suddenly the phone became very hot and then cant see the display anymore, after that next day the phone is not starting at all.

Anyways it was a lousy phone with pathetic touch screen. Then I bought her a Samsung Galaxy Ace 2. It is such a lovely phone, in comparison.

BTW, C5-03 value has dropped like crazy, now it is selling for 130$ without warranty in shops in Little India, whereas I had bought it for 300$ with warranty in 2011 Mar and the phone spoil just after warranty got over.

After that I decided no more buy phones with warranty. The Galaxy Ace 2 I bought from Naranjan without warranty for 290$. Awesome value for money
    I got my phone free when renew contract. Same thing, 1 month after warranty over, phone spoil. Dammit. Now have to wait next year then can get new free phone. I search online, the digitizer and screen so cheap only, can get less than 10 bucks. Argh, if only SG got shop sell these parts cheap i can give it a shot. Any ideas?
    [2005 Yamaha YBR 125]

Pulser
    has no status.
    Class 2A
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crazydj View Post
    I got my phone free when renew contract. Same thing, 1 month after warranty over, phone spoil. Dammit. Now have to wait next year then can get new free phone. I search online, the digitizer and screen so cheap only, can get less than 10 bucks. Argh, if only SG got shop sell these parts cheap i can give it a shot. Any ideas?
    checkout the phone shops in tampines interchange or in hdb neighbourhood shops or final destination is sim lim square, go to the higher floors they are usually cheaper.