User Tag List

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 150 of 559

Thread: Adiva ad3

  1. #101
    topgearalwaysrock
    has passion for riding
    TeePee topgearalwaysrock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    People in the North
    Posts
    2,351
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    AD3 wheelbase is 1550mm, MP3 wheelbase is 1488mm. Adiva is slightly wider to comply to Europe's car regulation. Heard in Europe that they allowed riding AD3 with car license.
    Overall width of AD3 is 10mm lesser then AD200, so I don't think there is much problem to lane splitting.

    Quadro coming to Singapore? Anyway, Quadro 4D will never pass as motorcycle in Singapore.

    Quadro 4D was supposed to be in production end of last year. But it's been delayed till Fall 2013. So by the time it comes (if it ever makes it here), it'll be earliest next year.
    "---- Still trying to lose weight ----"

    Class 2B: 20 Oct 2011
    Class 2A: 04 Jan 2013
    Class 2: 01 Apr 2014
    Class 3: 05 Mar 2012
    Class 4: 24 Mar 2015
    PPCDL: 06 Sept 2012

  2. #102
    Js003
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    24
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I have seen some ang mor riding a 4 wheeler but i just wonder how is he gonna finding parking space for it? Park in car lots?

    it would be weird to classify that as car and its gonna burn some pockets if that happens... ERP, parking, road tax... haha

     

     
  3. #103
    topgearalwaysrock
    has passion for riding
    TeePee topgearalwaysrock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    People in the North
    Posts
    2,351
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Which 4 wheeler are you talking about?

    The Quadro 4D has the same width as the Piaggio MP3, so parking and lane splitting shouldn't be a problem. I think it's also fitted with a reverse gear too, as the whole scoot weighs 240kg. It's also shaft driven. It's estimated to cost from 9,000 Euros, while the 3 wheeler Quadro 3D is already on sale in Europe from 7,000 Euros.
    "---- Still trying to lose weight ----"

    Class 2B: 20 Oct 2011
    Class 2A: 04 Jan 2013
    Class 2: 01 Apr 2014
    Class 3: 05 Mar 2012
    Class 4: 24 Mar 2015
    PPCDL: 06 Sept 2012

  4. #104
    topgearalwaysrock
    has passion for riding
    TeePee topgearalwaysrock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    People in the North
    Posts
    2,351
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Js003 View Post
    I have seen some ang mor riding a 4 wheeler but i just wonder how is he gonna finding parking space for it? Park in car lots?

    it would be weird to classify that as car and its gonna burn some pockets if that happens... ERP, parking, road tax... haha
    If it's classified as car, that means it'll incur CAT A COE, 100% ARF, 20% Custom Duty, etc.
    "---- Still trying to lose weight ----"

    Class 2B: 20 Oct 2011
    Class 2A: 04 Jan 2013
    Class 2: 01 Apr 2014
    Class 3: 05 Mar 2012
    Class 4: 24 Mar 2015
    PPCDL: 06 Sept 2012

  5. #105
    topgearalwaysrock
    has passion for riding
    TeePee topgearalwaysrock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    People in the North
    Posts
    2,351
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Anyways, the AD3 gets the Kymco Downtown 300i engine. There has been mixed reactions on the reliability of the Downtown 300i engine. Some owners are happy with the performance and fuel consumption, although there are also some with really problematic issues (irregular idling rpm, cracked clutch bell, belt replacement despite claiming kevlar material, still at 20k km intervals). Seems that Kymco Taiwan can't seem to pick up faulty products that made into production.

    That said, QC is still something all companies are trying to get it right 100%, but as we all know, nothing is perfect in this world. So it's still a 50/50 chance of getting a problematic VS no-problem engine on the AD3.

    I know all these cos my previous ride was a Downtown 125i. Fortunately, mine didn't have much issues besides the steering cone coming lose at 13,000km mileage.
    "---- Still trying to lose weight ----"

    Class 2B: 20 Oct 2011
    Class 2A: 04 Jan 2013
    Class 2: 01 Apr 2014
    Class 3: 05 Mar 2012
    Class 4: 24 Mar 2015
    PPCDL: 06 Sept 2012

  6. #106
    Andre
    has no status.
    Class 2A
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    774
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by topgearalwaysrock View Post
    Quadro 4D was supposed to be in production end of last year. But it's been delayed till Fall 2013. So by the time it comes (if it ever makes it here), it'll be earliest next year.
    What I tried to say was; LTA unlikely will allowed Quadro 4D to be register as motorbike in Singapore.

    Quote Originally Posted by topgearalwaysrock View Post
    Anyways, the AD3 gets the Kymco Downtown 300i engine. There has been mixed reactions on the reliability of the Downtown 300i engine. Some owners are happy with the performance and fuel consumption, although there are also some with really problematic issues (irregular idling rpm, cracked clutch bell, belt replacement despite claiming kevlar material, still at 20k km intervals). Seems that Kymco Taiwan can't seem to pick up faulty products that made into production.

    That said, QC is still something all companies are trying to get it right 100%, but as we all know, nothing is perfect in this world. So it's still a 50/50 chance of getting a problematic VS no-problem engine on the AD3.

    I know all these cos my previous ride was a Downtown 125i. Fortunately, mine didn't have much issues besides the steering cone coming lose at 13,000km mileage.
    BMW also uses Kymco engine. Piaggio engine received tonnes of complaints as well. Quadro is Taiwanese product. Toyoda, Honda, Nissan all had millions of recall.
    What is the agenda here?

  7. #107
    Js003
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    24
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by topgearalwaysrock View Post
    Which 4 wheeler are you talking about?

    The Quadro 4D has the same width as the Piaggio MP3, so parking and lane splitting shouldn't be a problem. I think it's also fitted with a reverse gear too, as the whole scoot weighs 240kg. It's also shaft driven. It's estimated to cost from 9,000 Euros, while the 3 wheeler Quadro 3D is already on sale in Europe from 7,000 Euros.
    Not sure of the exact model, but it sure does ressemble GG quadster.gg_quadster.jpg

  8. #108
    Andre
    has no status.
    Class 2A
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    774
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Js003 View Post
    Not sure of the exact model, but it sure does ressemble GG quadster.gg_quadster.jpg
    I believed you see wrongly. In Singapore, the closer bike looks like GG Quadster is Can Am Spyder which is a 3 wheelers. And I don't think there is any ang mor owner in Singapore.
    Last edited by Andre; 24-04-2013 at 04:25 PM.

  9. #109
    topgearalwaysrock
    has passion for riding
    TeePee topgearalwaysrock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    People in the North
    Posts
    2,351
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    What I tried to say was; LTA unlikely will allowed Quadro 4D to be register as motorbike in Singapore.



    BMW also uses Kymco engine. Piaggio engine received tonnes of complaints as well. Quadro is Taiwanese product. Toyoda, Honda, Nissan all had millions of recall.
    What is the agenda here?

    BMW uses Kymco engine cos they are new to scooter market.
    I thought Quadro is an italian/ french product, but using Piaggio engine.

    Yes, Piaggio engines used to be problematic, but I guess they're alright now.
    Yeap, even japanese and korean and even german brands conduct recalls and all. But I dun remember Kymco conducting recalls among my other Kymco khakis. It's just a matter of "Dun worry. Anything spoil, I'll take picture and send back to Kymco Taiwan. Hopefully in exchange for the part".....

    Hope AD3 won't get such aftersales services =D
    "---- Still trying to lose weight ----"

    Class 2B: 20 Oct 2011
    Class 2A: 04 Jan 2013
    Class 2: 01 Apr 2014
    Class 3: 05 Mar 2012
    Class 4: 24 Mar 2015
    PPCDL: 06 Sept 2012

  10. #110
    Andre
    has no status.
    Class 2A
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    774
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Probably you have no done enough research.
    1) BMW started research on scooter more then 20 years ago. C1 was produced and sales in the market in yr 2000.
    2) Yes, Quadro is a Italy/French make in Taiwan product. There were 2 guys tour the world with Quadro.

    http://modernvespa.com/forum/topic85581

    http://www.taiwantrade.com.tw/MAIN/e...37882&locale=2

    3) Piaggio has started producing engine from Taiwan.

    Knowing their after sales reputation, that's why I booked the AD3 through dealer.
    In fact, how many agents/distributors in Singapore really provide good after sales services?
    Last edited by Andre; 24-04-2013 at 05:05 PM.

  11. #111
    topgearalwaysrock
    has passion for riding
    TeePee topgearalwaysrock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    People in the North
    Posts
    2,351
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Probably you have no done enough research.
    1) BMW started research on scooter more then 20 years ago. C1 was produced and sales in the market in yr 2000.
    2) Yes, Quadro is a Italy/French make in Taiwan product. There were 2 guys tour the world with Quadro.

    http://modernvespa.com/forum/topic85581

    http://www.taiwantrade.com.tw/MAIN/e...37882&locale=2

    3) Piaggio has started producing engine from Taiwan.

    Knowing their after sales reputation, that's why I booked the AD3 through dealer.
    In fact, how many agents/distributors in Singapore really provide good after sales services?
    Piaggio also has China produced bikes and engines like the Fly 150.

    I will support Chinese made products rather than Taiwanese if it were my money. Seriously.
    I get the sneaking suspicion that Taiwanese just can't be bothered. At least the Chinese are bothered to improve their QC with each new model and at least they're making products to sell. The Taiwanese? Well, ok, maybe the new SYM products like the new JoyMax 300i and MaxSym 400i can be credited.

    I really hope your AD3 when it arrives will be problem free motoring, and not a lemon.
    "---- Still trying to lose weight ----"

    Class 2B: 20 Oct 2011
    Class 2A: 04 Jan 2013
    Class 2: 01 Apr 2014
    Class 3: 05 Mar 2012
    Class 4: 24 Mar 2015
    PPCDL: 06 Sept 2012

     

     
  12. #112
    Andre
    has no status.
    Class 2A
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    774
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Based on the track record of first batch of AD150 and first batch of AD200, I don't expect the first batch of AD3 to be problem free.
    I don't mind there are some glitches but hopefully it is not a lemon.
    Let's find it out in 2-3 months time. I'll be the guinea pig anyway..lol

  13. #113
    parotae
    D0wnt0wn 3OO!
    TeePee parotae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,902
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Based on the track record of first batch of AD150 and first batch of AD200, I don't expect the first batch of AD3 to be problem free.
    I don't mind there are some glitches but hopefully it is not a lemon.
    Let's find it out in 2-3 months time. I'll be the guinea pig anyway..lol
    My Kymco Downtown 300 Engine after 20,000km and max speed the engine time to time up north still swee swee.
    Top speed take some time now from 130km/h to 140km/h 2 up. Maybe time to change belt.
    Started using Semi Ipone 15.5 (15W50) and fuel consumption and power seems to be V.good.

    Initially got some hiccups but after 8mth, the problems seem to disappear.
    There is this symptoms of dead spot between 40km/h to 60km/h but its gone now.
    Steering cone spoilt as in there is this centering effect, not coming loose like topgearalwaysrock mention. It doesn't come loose. It's just that the factory tighten it more for a heavier steering. Cause after i loosen it myself, the steering felt too light and seems dangerous as the steering will react to the slightest road irregularities. Since AD3 will be using a different frame hence a different geometry and parts, so no worry there.

    Engine so far swee swee. Acceleration can feel the grunt.

  14. #114
    kakarow
    Had A Dream.
    Class 2 kakarow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Next To You.
    Posts
    1,068
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hi Andre,

    Thank for your feed back i was wondering your Ex.bike (AD2) running at 100km or 110km in ECP what is the vibration level like with the roof clip on ? is it shakey ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Based on the track record of first batch of AD150 and first batch of AD200, I don't expect the first batch of AD3 to be problem free.
    I don't mind there are some glitches but hopefully it is not a lemon.
    Let's find it out in 2-3 months time. I'll be the guinea pig anyway..lol
    ( Goober Scooter Rider. )

  15. #115
    Andre
    has no status.
    Class 2A
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    774
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    My normal cruising speed was 90-100km/h.
    Doing 100km/h or 110km/h for AD200 is quite comfortable. Not much vibration, roof is not shaky.
    Only a bit worry about the cross wind. Sometime I felt it veered off course by the wind, may be was psychological.
    So far, haven't try riding without the roof. May be with the roof store in the trunk will be more stable.

  16. #116
    Andre
    has no status.
    Class 2A
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    774
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by parotae View Post
    My Kymco Downtown 300 Engine after 20,000km and max speed the engine time to time up north still swee swee.
    Top speed take some time now from 130km/h to 140km/h 2 up. Maybe time to change belt.
    Started using Semi Ipone 15.5 (15W50) and fuel consumption and power seems to be V.good.

    Initially got some hiccups but after 8mth, the problems seem to disappear.
    There is this symptoms of dead spot between 40km/h to 60km/h but its gone now.
    Steering cone spoilt as in there is this centering effect, not coming loose like topgearalwaysrock mention. It doesn't come loose. It's just that the factory tighten it more for a heavier steering. Cause after i loosen it myself, the steering felt too light and seems dangerous as the steering will react to the slightest road irregularities. Since AD3 will be using a different frame hence a different geometry and parts, so no worry there.

    Engine so far swee swee. Acceleration can feel the grunt.
    Joined Magdago 30th Anniversary Ride to Malacca last year. Was surprised the Kymco 300 can do 140km/h all the way from GP to Malacca...

  17. #117
    topgearalwaysrock
    has passion for riding
    TeePee topgearalwaysrock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    People in the North
    Posts
    2,351
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Joined Magdago 30th Anniversary Ride to Malacca last year. Was surprised the Kymco 300 can do 140km/h all the way from GP to Malacca...

    Why are you surprised? Even SYM JoyMax 300i also can do 140kph. And that's 283cc VS 299cc on the Downtown 300i!

    Check this out:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5qtnGA2ITs

    Downtown 300i can even top 170kph. So why are our models here restricted?

    *I also joined Magdago with their KL Xpo ride last Feb on my DT125i. Did 110-120kph all the way oso.
    "---- Still trying to lose weight ----"

    Class 2B: 20 Oct 2011
    Class 2A: 04 Jan 2013
    Class 2: 01 Apr 2014
    Class 3: 05 Mar 2012
    Class 4: 24 Mar 2015
    PPCDL: 06 Sept 2012

  18. #118
    topgearalwaysrock
    has passion for riding
    TeePee topgearalwaysrock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    People in the North
    Posts
    2,351
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    --- Double Post ---
    "---- Still trying to lose weight ----"

    Class 2B: 20 Oct 2011
    Class 2A: 04 Jan 2013
    Class 2: 01 Apr 2014
    Class 3: 05 Mar 2012
    Class 4: 24 Mar 2015
    PPCDL: 06 Sept 2012

  19. #119
    Andre
    has no status.
    Class 2A
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    774
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I was surprised cause I don't have much experience on scooter beside Adivas.

  20. #120
    topgearalwaysrock
    has passion for riding
    TeePee topgearalwaysrock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    People in the North
    Posts
    2,351
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Haha. Don't ever look down on scooters.

    I haven't actually wanted other kinds of bikes, especially for riding in the city. Loving my 2005 Yamaha Majesty 400 everyday!
    "---- Still trying to lose weight ----"

    Class 2B: 20 Oct 2011
    Class 2A: 04 Jan 2013
    Class 2: 01 Apr 2014
    Class 3: 05 Mar 2012
    Class 4: 24 Mar 2015
    PPCDL: 06 Sept 2012

  21. #121
    kakarow
    Had A Dream.
    Class 2 kakarow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Next To You.
    Posts
    1,068
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hi Andre,

    Thanks for the info given and clear off my worries. i used to rode H.Wave in ECP and When the heavy wind came my bike can goes off track.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    My normal cruising speed was 90-100km/h.
    Doing 100km/h or 110km/h for AD200 is quite comfortable. Not much vibration, roof is not shaky.
    Only a bit worry about the cross wind. Sometime I felt it veered off course by the wind, may be was psychological.
    So far, haven't try riding without the roof. May be with the roof store in the trunk will be more stable.
    ( Goober Scooter Rider. )

     

     
  22. #122
    Andre
    has no status.
    Class 2A
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    774
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Strong wind can sweep any bike off course.. including Goldwing..
    Just ride safely and carefully when on top of ECP/ Benjamin Sheares bridge. Even driving pass there will feel the cross wind too.

  23. #123
    Andre
    has no status.
    Class 2A
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    774
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Nah, never look down at scooter. Gilera 200 can out run many bigger bikes at traffic junction.
    I love to ride scooter too. Relax and convenience. Will no get wet feet on wet road.
    Plenty of storage.
    After last year's Malacca trip, I'm seriously considering to get a big scooter for touring..

  24. #124
    ben1112
    has no status.
    TeePee ben1112's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,165
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Suzuki Burgman 650?
    Scooter Tuning Is Not A Crime.

  25. #125
    parotae
    D0wnt0wn 3OO!
    TeePee parotae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,902
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Nah, never look down at scooter. Gilera 200 can out run many bigger bikes at traffic junction.
    I love to ride scooter too. Relax and convenience. Will no get wet feet on wet road.
    Plenty of storage.
    After last year's Malacca trip, I'm seriously considering to get a big scooter for touring..
    Ha ha ha, yes some of them go very fast especially the ah pek. Don't play play ok
    400cc more than enough in my opinion, can go up to 170km/h if really want to push.
    Relax, comfort, loads of underseat storage, wind protection, rain protection, pillion comfort and etc.

    Wah Adiva pillion sure shiok shiok got shelter and back rest. Add some entertainment system and its good to go long distance ha ha.

  26. #126
    parotae
    D0wnt0wn 3OO!
    TeePee parotae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,902
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ben1112 View Post
    Suzuki Burgman 650?
    The bigger the heavier. So long as don't have to push it's good to be bigger.

    Bigger better for touring. 400cc good balance between city and touring.

    Last edited by parotae; 26-04-2013 at 09:36 PM.

  27. #127
    parotae
    D0wnt0wn 3OO!
    TeePee parotae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,902
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Fuel consumption i estimate should be around the 25km/L-27km/L range.



    Last edited by parotae; 26-04-2013 at 09:43 PM.

  28. #128
    cayennurff
    has no status.
    P Plate cayennurff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Central
    Posts
    56
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by parotae View Post


    Singapore?

    btw anyone know how much this bike cost? by itself and OTR?

  29. #129
    Andre
    has no status.
    Class 2A
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    774
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    AD3 200, Machine price 9.5k, OTR about 12.5k based on current COE.
    (according to Mah, this is early bird offer, they might revise the price.)

    AD3 300, Machine price 10.5k, OTR about 13.5k based on current COE.
    However the price for AD3 300 is tentatively price, it is not confirmed yet.

  30. #130
    Andre
    has no status.
    Class 2A
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    774
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ben1112 View Post
    Suzuki Burgman 650?
    Yes, one of the scooter I'm considering.
    I'm following with Burgman, Silverwing, BMW C600, Kymco 700, Fuoco 500 forums.
    However, understand Fuoco no more in production, probably Piaggio will launch MP3 500 to replace it.
    I heard local agents are not bring in Burgman 650 and Silverwing 600 at the moment.

  31. #131
    topgearalwaysrock
    has passion for riding
    TeePee topgearalwaysrock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    People in the North
    Posts
    2,351
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Yes, one of the scooter I'm considering.
    I'm following with Burgman, Silverwing, BMW C600, Kymco 700, Fuoco 500 forums.
    However, understand Fuoco no more in production, probably Piaggio will launch MP3 500 to replace it.
    I heard local agents are not bring in Burgman 650 and Silverwing 600 at the moment.
    I believe the Burgman 650 Executive and Silverwing SW-600T can be brought in by parallel importers like Looi's. But it won't be cheap.
    "---- Still trying to lose weight ----"

    Class 2B: 20 Oct 2011
    Class 2A: 04 Jan 2013
    Class 2: 01 Apr 2014
    Class 3: 05 Mar 2012
    Class 4: 24 Mar 2015
    PPCDL: 06 Sept 2012

     

     
  32. #132
    cayennurff
    has no status.
    P Plate cayennurff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Central
    Posts
    56
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    anyone booked the bike already? 300cc or 200cc?

  33. #133
    Andre
    has no status.
    Class 2A
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    774
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'd booked the AD3 300, my friend booked the AD3 200.

  34. #134
    cayennurff
    has no status.
    P Plate cayennurff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Central
    Posts
    56
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    you guys gotten your own COE?

  35. #135
    ben1112
    has no status.
    TeePee ben1112's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,165
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cayennurff View Post
    you guys gotten your own COE?
    Isn't that done by the dealer?
    Scooter Tuning Is Not A Crime.

  36. #136
    Andre
    has no status.
    Class 2A
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    774
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    We booked the scooter based on machine price, therefore, we can get our own COE. Can get the dealer do so but later they have to do a double transfer to your name.
    As for me, I'd retained my previous ride no. plate, therefore, I have to get my own COE else I'll need to pay additional $1200 for transfer of the no. plate.
    No, I haven't get my COE yet cos the dealer still cannot confirmed the delivery date. My friend had got his in April's 1st bidding.

  37. #137
    Js003
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    24
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hi Andre, can i ask how much did you pay to install the side deflectors for your previous AS200?

    also, is it easy to maintain the clarity of the windscreen? I had read in other thread that the original windscreen cost $800....

  38. #138
    ben1112
    has no status.
    TeePee ben1112's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,165
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    We booked the scooter based on machine price, therefore, we can get our own COE. Can get the dealer do so but later they have to do a double transfer to your name.
    As for me, I'd retained my previous ride no. plate, therefore, I have to get my own COE else I'll need to pay additional $1200 for transfer of the no. plate.
    No, I haven't get my COE yet cos the dealer still cannot confirmed the delivery date. My friend had got his in April's 1st bidding.
    Don't mind me asking but is there any pro's of getting yr own COE vs letting the dealer settle everything?
    Scooter Tuning Is Not A Crime.

  39. #139
    Andre
    has no status.
    Class 2A
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    774
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Actually, not much difference. Just try to do my small part that not to let the dealers to manipulate the COE.
    And hopefully will get the $1 COE. lol

  40. #140
    Andre
    has no status.
    Class 2A
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    774
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Js003 View Post
    Hi Andre, can i ask how much did you pay to install the side deflectors for your previous AS200?

    also, is it easy to maintain the clarity of the windscreen? I had read in other thread that the original windscreen cost $800....
    I paid $492.20 for the side deflectors including GST & installation.

    Honestly, maintenance of wind screen is not easy.
    To maintain perfect clarity, you need to polish & clean the screen with plastic cleaner or polisher religiously.
    Not sure about a new screen's cost but not surprise it costs more then 800..

  41. #141
    ben1112
    has no status.
    TeePee ben1112's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,165
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    I paid $492.20 for the side deflectors including GST & installation.

    Honestly, maintenance of wind screen is not easy.
    To maintain perfect clarity, you need to polish & clean the screen with plastic cleaner or polisher religiously.
    Not sure about a new screen's cost but not surprise it costs more then 800..
    What i used to do on my AD150 screen is I apply turtlewax once in awhile. I tested in a discrete location to ensure no side effect happen den applied on the whole screen to seal it in a hard coat. I also changed the wiper to silicone type which is softer. I highly recommend this.
    Scooter Tuning Is Not A Crime.

     

     
  42. #142
    Andre
    has no status.
    Class 2A
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    774
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yes, Turtlewax is one of the method to polish the screen. Actually, most of the car wax can do. It is water repellent as well.
    Also can use Lemon Pledge or Plexus to clean the screen. It is good to remove insect, bird drop if water and soap is not available. Lemon Pledge cost about $6 and can get at any supermart or hardware shop. Plexus cost about $22, can get from Motoworld or Mustafa. Both also water repellent.
    I usually use Meguire's Plas-X to polish the screen, then use any of the above mentioned to give a thin protective layer.
    NEVER use rain-X for the screen.

    I changed the wiper to silicone type too. The OEM was to hard and will scratch the screen.

  43. #143
    kakarow
    Had A Dream.
    Class 2 kakarow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Next To You.
    Posts
    1,068
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Wow Guys,

    Thank for always sharing but no luck as do not know when is MAH or LTA will be ready.

    Quote Originally Posted by ben1112 View Post
    What i used to do on my AD150 screen is I apply turtlewax once in awhile. I tested in a discrete location to ensure no side effect happen den applied on the whole screen to seal it in a hard coat. I also changed the wiper to silicone type which is softer. I highly recommend this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Yes, Turtlewax is one of the method to polish the screen. Actually, most of the car wax can do. It is water repellent as well.
    Also can use Lemon Pledge or Plexus to clean the screen. It is good to remove insect, bird drop if water and soap is not available. Lemon Pledge cost about $6 and can get at any supermart or hardware shop. Plexus cost about $22, can get from Motoworld or Mustafa. Both also water repellent.
    I usually use Meguire's Plas-X to polish the screen, then use any of the above mentioned to give a thin protective layer.
    NEVER use rain-X for the screen.

    I changed the wiper to silicone type too. The OEM was to hard and will scratch the screen.
    ( Goober Scooter Rider. )

  44. #144
    Js003
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    24
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Thanks Andre and Ben for the useful info!

    btw for the turtle wax did you use the spray (watery) type or the tub (clayey thing) type?
    Meguire's Plas-X better? haven heard of it.. can go search and try.
    any diff between the pledge and the Plexus? is more expensive better in this case? haha! would want a good protective coat for it!

  45. #145
    ben1112
    has no status.
    TeePee ben1112's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,165
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Js003 View Post
    Thanks Andre and Ben for the useful info!

    btw for the turtle wax did you use the spray (watery) type or the tub (clayey thing) type?
    Meguire's Plas-X better? haven heard of it.. can go search and try.
    any diff between the pledge and the Plexus? is more expensive better in this case? haha! would want a good protective coat for it!
    Bro you can use which ever but test in a discrete area first. I saw somewhere in this forum got a hydrophobic treatment which i think i will try upon getting the AD3.
    Scooter Tuning Is Not A Crime.

  46. #146
    Andre
    has no status.
    Class 2A
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    774
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Car wax will provide a thin protective coat but it might accumulate over repeat application. Therefore, I'll prefer the tub type so when apply, will polish away the old coat.
    When I get my new ride, I'll immediately wax it first.
    Meguire Plas-x actually is a polisher for Acrylic head lamp. It is good for polish blur acrylic material. If the screen still clear, do not need to use it. Just wax, pledge, plexus it regularly.
    When wiping or polishing the screen, DO NOT use circular motion. Use left-right or up-down motion and stick to 1 method. No matter how careful you are, polishing the screen will leave a micro scratch which is not appearing to naked eyes. But when drizzling at night with the on coming light from other vehicle, you'll see spider web all over the screen.
    Don't ever use machine else the whole screen kaput..

    I thought Plexus should be better since it is more expensive, but I found it is not much different from Lemon Pledge.

  47. #147
    ben1112
    has no status.
    TeePee ben1112's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,165
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Car wax will provide a thin protective coat but it might accumulate over repeat application. Therefore, I'll prefer the tub type so when apply, will polish away the old coat.
    When I get my new ride, I'll immediately wax it first.
    Meguire Plas-x actually is a polisher for Acrylic head lamp. It is good for polish blur acrylic material. If the screen still clear, do not need to use it. Just wax, pledge, plexus it regularly.
    When wiping or polishing the screen, DO NOT use circular motion. Use left-right or up-down motion and stick to 1 method. No matter how careful you are, polishing the screen will leave a micro scratch which is not appearing to naked eyes. But when drizzling at night with the on coming light from other vehicle, you'll see spider web all over the screen.
    Don't ever use machine else the whole screen kaput..

    I thought Plexus should be better since it is more expensive, but I found it is not much different from Lemon Pledge.
    Andre, one more tip. Use ONLY updown motion, no sideway motion. Reason being that vertical scratches dont reflect the sunlight which shine down as well as horizontal scratches.

    This tip i picked off the web.
    Scooter Tuning Is Not A Crime.

  48. #148
    Js003
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    24
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Found this webpage about cleaning and protecting windscreen. http://allamericanprod.com/hints.html

    It is much as what Andre and Ben shared.

    but it mentioned about not using Pledge, due to alcohol content or smthing. not sure about that.

    Anybody tried installing protecting films (much like cars one, 3M type) for the windscreens? does it help?

  49. #149
    Andre
    has no status.
    Class 2A
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    774
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ben1112 View Post
    Andre, one more tip. Use ONLY updown motion, no sideway motion. Reason being that vertical scratches dont reflect the sunlight which shine down as well as horizontal scratches.

    This tip i picked off the web.
    I'll remember that.

    Pledge was actually recommended by HD & GW riders from other forums. I'd tried it and it works.

    I'll tried to install those films use for car but it seems doesn't stick to acrylic screen.

  50. #150
    ben1112
    has no status.
    TeePee ben1112's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,165
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Js003 View Post
    Found this webpage about cleaning and protecting windscreen. http://allamericanprod.com/hints.html

    It is much as what Andre and Ben shared.

    but it mentioned about not using Pledge, due to alcohol content or smthing. not sure about that.

    Anybody tried installing protecting films (much like cars one, 3M type) for the windscreens? does it help?
    It is said that alcohol makes plexi haze and spiderwebs kind of things. But commonly a hardcoating is applied from factory which is resistant to it. Unless the hardcoating wears off by the wiper and the alcohol gets to the raw plastic then it will be a problem.

    If so, your normal wiper fluid might be a cause for concern as well because it contains alcohol.
    Scooter Tuning Is Not A Crime.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •