has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Bad posture, wobbling and 2nd gear

I am doing 2b lesson 1 and I am going round and round in the circuit.
    I realize that my bike cant go straight if I just start to move off or if I am going to stop (low speed). I cant go too fast as I am in circuit.
    How to correct?

When I switch to 2nd gear, I close my throttle and clutch in. Is it very dangerous because the bike is going very slowly?

How do I know weather I change gear successfully? How do I even know what gear I am in? The bike at ssdc only has a green light to show neutral.

Another thing, ssdc has foc lessons after the 4th lesson. Can I check if this is true for every driving centre?
    Last edited by coutuser; 16-03-2013 at 09:11 PM.

redbeacon
    does a double take...
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I realize that my bike cant go straight if I just start to move off or if I am going to stop (low speed). I cant go too fast as I am in circuit.
    How to correct?
    Let's put the circuit speed limit aside. If you're wobbling, maybe you are slow in moving off.
    Roll a coin on the floor. If you push it out of your hand fast, inertia makes it rolls straight. If you release it slow, it wobbles before it falls.

When I switch to 2nd gear, I close my throttle and clutch in. Is it very dangerous because the bike is going very slowly?
    Nothing wrong with doing that. But remember to immediately but easy (release clutch nicely) when you begin to accelerate in Gear 2. Don't wanna pop a wheelie when you do

How do I know weather I change gear successfully? How do I even know what gear I am in? The bike at ssdc only has a green light to show neutral.
    Gotta learn how their bike handles. Trial and error
    So for instance, you change gear at such a low speed, your bike starts to jerk and struggle; next time go a bit faster and then change gear. How fast? You look at your speedometer and compare before and after your shifting mistake. No time to look at speedo? You listen to the engine and/or let your body "feel" how fast the bike is going. Because ultimately when you buy your first bike, you will create a "bond" with it, learn how it handles and how slow/fast it behaves, and finally have expertise with riding.

Another thing, ssdc has foc lessons after the 4th lesson. Can I check if this is true for every driving centre?
    Not too sure on that one because I was originally from BBDC.

Good luck mate.
    Co-Moderator for IT -inerary forum
    Devout junkie » Windows • Mac • Apple iOS • BlackBerry OS

"Shut up and ride..."

coutuser
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why car can stop at 2nd gear but motor is stop at 1st gear? dont understand. also how i prevent bike from tilting right when i stop? 50% chance it will lean right and 50% chance left when i gonna stop

rider2013
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bro, move with half clutch 1st gear, when bike pick up speed upon balance shift to gear 2, release clutch slowly, open and maintance trottle, when banking grip tank with your thighs.
    Same for slowing down clutch in shift to 1st for engine brake, before that, press both rear and front brake, dont do when cornering, apply this before every turning.
    For lesson 1 to lesson 3 part 1, you be using old honda CG125, for lesson 3 part 2 onwards u be using the new bike honda CB125E, the meter shows in red indication for gear 1,2,3,4 and 5, netural green light.

rider2013
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bro,

learn and ask more questions from instructors....try hard to remember the circuit steps, if instructors find u not confident, confirm they will ask u to do more repeat lessons 1,2,3 (lesson 4 circuit assessment) 5,6,7 road practical lesson. After that u may proceed to book TP test date.
    I was like you months back...couldnt even balance bicycle, but i told myself i can do it...never look back since.

Bro, i believe u can do it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by coutuser View Post
    How to correct?

coutuser
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why car can stop at 2nd gear but motor is stop at 1st gear? dont understand. also how i prevent bike from tilting right when i stop? 50% chance it will lean right and 50% chance left when i gonna stop
    nobody teach me jow to solve this

Oil Changer
    loves changing oil
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Car can stop 2nd gear because u dont have to put ur right foot down and left foot up again to select first gear when u move off! (car move off also gear 1 mah) If u put right foot down fail le.

To prevent bike from tilting right when u stop. Turn SLIGHTLY right and the bike will naturally tilt left. ONLY use little pressure of else you'll wobble and tilt too much. With enough practice, you'll do it using very little pressure. Hope this helps.

Oil Changer
    loves changing oil
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

double post

coutuser
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oil Changer View Post
    Car can stop 2nd gear because u dont have to put ur right foot down and left foot up again to select first gear when u move off! (car move off also gear 1 mah) If u put right foot down fail le.

To prevent bike from tilting right when u stop. Turn SLIGHTLY right and the bike will naturally tilt left. ONLY use little pressure of else you'll wobble and tilt too much. With enough practice, you'll do it using very little pressure. Hope this helps.
    turn the handlebar slightly right or my body slightly right?

Oil Changer
    loves changing oil
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry miss out. Handle bar. Same as balancing bicycle. narrow plank also. Never compensate using ur body weight shifting. Surely wobble alot.

weirdoPeace
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A beginner started off never wobble and great posture is bullshit. Dun stare on the handle bar. Grip the tank firm and not tight. The motorbike is powerful, at lesson 1 going round need good handling. With right leg holding slightly on the brake, throttle a bit, at time half clutch. Throttling is to prevent engine from stalling and it allows you to change gear smoothly. Just play around with half/3 quarter clutching, throttling and hind brake. If you can handle lesson 1 very smoothly and confidently, all other lessons are chicken to you...

Hydher
    Is selling his GSXR1000
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

look forward and know what you are doing.

When coming to a stop, tilt the bike left with your body.
    Dragstar 400 classic & Zx6r

jayz
    ORD LOH
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

double post.

see below
    Yamaha x1
    Honda super 4 spec 1

jayz
    ORD LOH
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

u can change gear to 2 and let it free wheel move while clutch is in. theres no such thing as when u change gear u must release clutch. heck, i can even change gear from 1 to 3! you will master this along the way 1. trail and error. your moving off is the most important thing when your out in the road IMO. u need to know the bike well to do this

moving off / slow speed control. be it in a jam or traffic light, filtering and to the front whenin red traffic light.

good luck man!
    Yamaha x1
    Honda super 4 spec 1

Limhg
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jayz View Post
    u can change gear to 2 and let it free wheel move while clutch is in. theres no such thing as when u change gear u must release clutch. heck, i can even change gear from 1 to 3! you will master this along the way 1. trail and error. your moving off is the most important thing when your out in the road IMO. u need to know the bike well to do this

moving off / slow speed control. be it in a jam or traffic light, filtering and to the front whenin red traffic light.

good luck man!
    Dont sabo the learner leh.... Test centre will deduct point if u free wheeling. Even the theory test got tell you freewheeling is dangerous. What school teach you just practice till you pass, if pass already what alibaba technique u wanna do also ok, just dont crash.

jerwenhao
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You will get used to it after a few lessons.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Siphon
    is a ridiver
    Class 2B
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 trick I learnt. Stick out your left leg once you almost stop and 99% the bike will tilt to your left. Also look far and keep your chine up. It helps.

Next try to throttle up more when u move off. The thing that give your power to move is not the throttle. It's the CLUTCH. Once you get the biting point the throttle come into play, however at 1 gear your clutch should be the one giving your control of the power you want to have. Never ever let go of the clutch when you are in gear 1. The torque is simply too much for you to control the bike, so always keep it in half clutch.

This is especially critical on the plank. Keep your knees tucked tightly to the tank, half clutch and throttle up while looking ahead I guarantee you will go thought plank easily.

Have fun! Don't stress k? I got my license from ssdc

kay
    is new
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Limhg View Post
    Dont sabo the learner leh.... Test centre will deduct point if u free wheeling. Even the theory test got tell you freewheeling is dangerous. What school teach you just practice till you pass, if pass already what alibaba technique u wanna do also ok, just dont crash.
    but freewheeling through narrow plank is a secret technique!

Jehuty
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who say cannot go fast in circuit, you should see what I did when I realised I had a stupid immediate failure during 2A TP. If the crashbars weren't so fat, I think can knee down liao wahahah. Sibei unhappy, show emotion.

You wobble in 2nd gear because you too slow, open the throttle more, being afraid to go faster on the roads is dangerous, weird but true.

Subtlescum.
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Get used to it, take it slow brah

MRliqiang
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

all cars should stop at gear 1. If they stop at gear 2 thats because the gear can catch it even at gear 2. Nothing to debate, just go to gear 1 and go up again. you get more power anyway.

coutuser
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jehuty View Post
    Who say cannot go fast in circuit, you should see what I did when I realised I had a stupid immediate failure during 2A TP. If the crashbars weren't so fat, I think can knee down liao wahahah. Sibei unhappy, show emotion.

You wobble in 2nd gear because you too slow, open the throttle more, being afraid to go faster on the roads is dangerous, weird but true.
    I actually wobble when I am about to stop in 1st gear.