Jehuty
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd want the CB400X as a side bike but the price puts me off. Should serve as a good workhorse, of course it has to be built like one too, electronic gadgetry like ABS are not necessary imo.

keyxblade
    has no status.
    Class 2
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by calebike View Post
    any feedback on your cbr400 so far? especially the new engine? can pm me how much u paid if ok?
    he should be still breaking in, hard to feedback on the power.

s1rr10n
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mechwira View Post
    i only know gladius is SFV650, a 650cc v-twin naked. i dont know of a 400cc version. a 400 v-twin like last time monster400 would be interesting.
    Gladus 400 is a 400cc V-Twin which is JDM-only. Same goes with the new GSR-400 which will never see light outside Japan.

mechwira
    rides for recreation.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by s1rr10n View Post
    Gladus 400 is a 400cc V-Twin which is JDM-only. Same goes with the new GSR-400 which will never see light outside Japan.
    i know the gsr400 exists, even that it was imported in singapore.

but i never knew there was a gladius 400, much less that it was imported into singapore. dam if i had known there was a v-twin 400cc it would have been a consideration.....

It's true: it's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than to ride a fast bike slow. Admittedly, though... It is MOST fun to ride a fast bike fast!

kawarides
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jehuty View Post
    Who wouldn't be angry when its your money they are after just because you replaced your malfunctioning stock with aftermarket because its cheaper? I don't have to modify alot to be pissed with the government. If you're happy with them, whatever floats your boat.

You have selfish lot with either bikes or cars, difference is riders usually just kill themselves, drivers kill everyone but themselves. Period.

Believe better to get back on topic, the only way we'll see change in Singapore would be to stop using politicians from PAP stock, they seem to have a manufacturing flaw with their politicians.

Happy with them ? Not really, just that all system needs a standard to maintain and account to the public.

Bikers also do cause accident thru their lane splitting and get away scott free leaving drivers to clear up the mess don't you agree? There are just too many to mention and I don't wish to start any statistic comparision.

jyew777
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kawarides View Post
    Happy with them ? Not really, just that all system needs a standard to maintain and account to the public.

Bikers also do cause accident thru their lane splitting and get away scott free leaving drivers to clear up the mess don't you agree? There are just too many to mention and I don't wish to start any statistic comparision.
    Its the general attitude of road users here, regardless of what they ride, drive. This mentality that others do not matter. We might have first world class infrastructure but the mentality has a long way to go ...
    I was riding a bicycle in Japan and even without a helmet , I never felt it was dangerous. Not only did the car drivers give way, but they bow their head while doing it. Same for bicycle riders towards pedestrians.
    Here, I would not even think of riding anywhere without a helmet and I consider other cyclists just as dangerous as the cars.

As for LTA and other government agencies, I do not think they are driven by $$ unless you are talking about Temasek Holdings and the like. The problem is an ultra conservative and over zealous attitude in trying to decide for us what is right and wrong. Whether it is about what movies you are allowed to watch or what kind of bike you can ride. There is such a narrow minded view about everything they do that they will not change and improve on the way they work unless higher ranks force it upon them. Our 3-tiered licensing system is one example. When I suggested to them to change the classification of motorbikes to be based on hp rather than cc like Europe did, their answer was: this is what we have been doing for a long time and blah blah .... . And most of them have probably never been on a bike before.

kawarides
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jyew777 View Post
    Its the general attitude of road users here, regardless of what they ride, drive. This mentality that others do not matter. We might have first world class infrastructure but the mentality has a long way to go ...
    I was riding a bicycle in Japan and even without a helmet , I never felt it was dangerous. Not only did the car drivers give way, but they bow their head while doing it. Same for bicycle riders towards pedestrians.
    Here, I would not even think of riding anywhere without a helmet and I consider other cyclists just as dangerous as the cars.

As for LTA and other government agencies, I do not think they are driven by $$ unless you are talking about Temasek Holdings and the like. The problem is an ultra conservative and over zealous attitude in trying to decide for us what is right and wrong. Whether it is about what movies you are allowed to watch or what kind of bike you can ride. There is such a narrow minded view about everything they do that they will not change and improve on the way they work unless higher ranks force it upon them. Our 3-tiered licensing system is one example. When I suggested to them to change the classification of motorbikes to be based on hp rather than cc like Europe did, their answer was: this is what we have been doing for a long time and blah blah .... . And most of them have probably never been on a bike before.
    Good posting

mechwira
    rides for recreation.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As for LTA and other government agencies, I do not think they are driven by $$ unless you are talking about Temasek Holdings and the like. The problem is an ultra conservative and over zealous attitude in trying to decide for us what is right and wrong.
    i rather not join the heated off-topic discussion, but i completely agree. the idea that our authorities deliberately want to suck our money thru fines and admin fees is ridiculous. With the exception of COE, you really think traffic or modification fines and such give them significant revenue? thats peanuts compared to what Temasek Holdings and such bring in.

the idea that our authorities do things just to take our money is a convenient excuse by die-hard anti-gahment types who will not discuss things objectively.

Go to Unique Motorsports' thread and look at their huge list of aftermarket pipes approved by LTA, including full systems. some former high ranking person-in-charge must have been a really objective and logical person to decide that if the pipes are properly certified and tested, they can be approved for use. unfortunately that person must have moved on in his career and replaced by a closed-minded old-fashioned stubborn d1ckhead going by the things forumers claim to fail inspection for.

It's true: it's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than to ride a fast bike slow. Admittedly, though... It is MOST fun to ride a fast bike fast!

Jehuty
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really don't see how we cause accidents by lane spliting, if anything you lane split to avoid it. I don't think the govt accounts to the public either, they didn't reveal the billions lost by Temasek Holdings now did they. Well this could go on forever and see no end, for all I'm concerned, I'm not the one gaining from it.

kawarides
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really don't see how we cause accidents by lane spliting, if anything you lane split to avoid it. I don't think the govt accounts to the public either, they didn't reveal the billions lost by Temasek Holdings now did they. Well this could go on forever and see no end, for all I'm concerned, I'm not the one gaining from it.
    Just try BKE or AYE to experience your so call 'legal' lane splitting act, BTW I out of this topic.
    No point echoing public resentment and it's got nothing to do with this discussion.

Jehuty
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just try BKE or AYE to experience your so call 'legal' lane splitting act, BTW I out of this topic.
    No point echoing public resentment and it's got nothing to do with this discussion.

Every day I go thru BKE, on peak, off peak, weekdays, weekends, I still don't get it. You see bus drivers on extreme right, you see taxis going by road shoulders. As long you drivers signal and stop being so fickle which lane to take.

I don't do what JB riders do nor do the TP/LTA go after them.

kawarides
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Every day I go thru BKE, on peak, off peak, weekdays, weekends, I still don't get it. You see bus drivers on extreme right, you see taxis going by road shoulders. As long you drivers signal and stop being so fickle which lane to take.

I don't do what JB riders do nor do the TP/LTA go after them.
    Don't assume I drive only.

jyew777
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any rider reviews yet for these bikes? Bike Prod and SpeedWay have them available already and u can call them for price.
    I would expect Boon Siew to bring these soon. If they don't, they would be making a big mistake I think.

mechwira
    rides for recreation.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

maybe boon siew is waiting to bring in the original 500cc versions. we make so much hoo-ha about the 400s but are the 500s also in the shops?

PenangKia
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think it would make sense bringing in the 500cc variant due to our license structure. In fact, if we have better class 2a bike options, perhaps many won't even be bothered to take class 2.

mechwira
    rides for recreation.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PenangKia View Post
    I don't think it would make sense bringing in the 500cc variant due to our license structure. In fact, if we have better class 2a bike options, perhaps many won't even be bothered to take class 2.
    that would be unfortunate, because like i keep saying over again, the bike is originally a body designed with the 500cc twin. the 400 has its stroke shortened, resuting in same body with a bit less power and a lot less torque.

if there are people buying the nc700 series, then there will be people buying the 500 variants of the CB parallel twin series, coz its even cheaper and even better mileage than the nc700.

xue ling
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

maybe boon siew is waiting to bring in the original 500cc versions. we make so much hoo-ha about the 400s but are the 500s also in the shops?
    saw cbr500r at speedway too

18/10/07 - 19/08/08 : Honda NSR150 SP
    21/08/08 - 24/09/09 : Honda Wave S 125
    02/10/09 - 22/02/12 : Yamaha X1-R
    09/04/12 - 13/02/15 : Kawasaki Ninja 250R
    24/12/14 - 24/02/16 : Honda Wave R 125
    29/06/16 : Honda MSX 125

kinwei
    says Buang bike ride faster!
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any rider reviews yet for these bikes? Bike Prod and SpeedWay have them available already and u can call them for price.
    I would expect Boon Siew to bring these soon. If they don't, they would be making a big mistake I think.
    My source told me they currently do not have plan to bring in these model.

napalm_rapier
    has no status.
    Class 2A
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any of you guys know the specs of the 400f and 400x?? Which shop now selling???

fx110
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fx110 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by altya View Post
    Anybody know e price for CB500X?
    will know on this July
    still waiting the price........
    Last edited by fx110; 18-07-2013 at 09:28 AM.

w3nmin9
    has no status.
    Class 2
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i thought the price out already?

PenangKia
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that would be unfortunate, because like i keep saying over again, the bike is originally a body designed with the 500cc twin. the 400 has its stroke shortened, resuting in same body with a bit less power and a lot less torque.

if there are people buying the nc700 series, then there will be people buying the 500 variants of the CB parallel twin series, coz its even cheaper and even better mileage than the nc700.
    Agree - the global forums are abuzz with folks looking for cost-effective rides and the 500 variants fit smack in the picture. It's just that here in SG, the folks who are looking for a cost effective solution would stick to a 2A equivalent, or move to the nc700-s. The 500s sort of sit in no-man's land, at least as far as my 2 cents is concerned. Most of the folks with class 2 rides are in it for the passion, the commuters and cost-conscious folks would best be served with a bigger variety of class 2a bikes, just like how it is now in Japan.

napalm_rapier
    has no status.
    Class 2A
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just called speedway.. was quoted 15.8k otr w/o insurance...

What you guys think?

jyew777
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by napalm_rapier View Post

What you guys think?
    which one? the 400X/R/F ? I heard the X is selling for 16K including insurance. Cannot confirm though.

keyxblade
    has no status.
    Class 2
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What you guys think?
    that price can buy 600cc like xj6, fazer600. but it is still around the same price as super4 revo. depends if u are good with 400cc. spend abit more can get great class 2 bikes.

jyew777
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agree - the global forums are abuzz with folks looking for cost-effective rides and the 500 variants fit smack in the picture. It's just that here in SG, the folks who are looking for a cost effective solution would stick to a 2A equivalent, or move to the nc700-s. The 500s sort of sit in no-man's land, at least as far as my 2 cents is concerned. Most of the folks with class 2 rides are in it for the passion, the commuters and cost-conscious folks would best be served with a bigger variety of class 2a bikes, just like how it is now in Japan.
    My opinion about these bikes is derived mainly from the fact that I hold only a 2A license and have no plans to get a 2 license for next 2-3 years. As such, the CB400X is a great commuter bike with some weekend fun possible. I have ruled out the CB400 Super4 and the Duke 390 as the seat high is just too low for my 1.83 frame. Its just not comfortable. Although, the X is not my ideal bike it offers a much better riding position and is a lot more comfortable than a scrambler which I was also considering. If I do decide to get a class 2, or if the LTA decides to scrap this outdated licensing system, I would go for a dual sport like the BMW 650/800 GS. I would not even consider the 500 version. But the 400 version does fill up a gap for us 2A riders.

jyew777
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My opinion about these bikes is derived mainly from the fact that I hold only a 2A license and have no plans to get a 2 license for next 2-3 years. As such, the CB400X is a great commuter bike with some weekend fun possible. I have ruled out the CB400 Super4 and the Duke 390 as the seat high is just too low for my 1.83 frame. Its just not comfortable. Although, the X is not my ideal bike it offers a much better riding position and is a lot more comfortable than a scrambler which I was also considering. If I do decide to get a class 2, or if the LTA decides to scrap this outdated licensing system, I would go for a dual sport like the BMW 650/800 GS. I would not even consider the 500 version. But the 400 version does fill up a gap for us 2A riders.

PenangKia
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spot on, we share the same train of thought except I'm about 6cm shorter and my class 2 preference would be a R1200R!

fx110
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by w3nmin9 View Post
    i thought the price out already?
    for the 500cc model~

napalm_rapier
    has no status.
    Class 2A
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BP quote me 2k downpayment exclude insurance and $280 for 4 years for the X model.. equivalent to 15440 otr w/o insurance. I never ask though about paying full cash.. So expensive for a 400cc???

mechwira
    rides for recreation.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BP quote me 2k downpayment exclude insurance and $280 for 4 years for the X model.. equivalent to 15440 otr w/o insurance. I never ask though about paying full cash.. So expensive for a 400cc???
    1)thats about the price of a new super4. if it doesn exceed the price of a super4, it cant be considered 'expensive for a 400cc'.

2)over the past 5 years, the price of japanese bikes have essentially gone through the roof, because the yen has gone up too much. today, you can get an aprilia RSV4 for about two grand less than a jap 1000cc. unthinkable 5 years ago. admittedly the cbr400/500 are made in thailand, but the fact remains that inflation has hit the jap bike industry hard, and we end up with high prices.

fx110
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

at least cheaper than S4 Revo

napalm_rapier
    has no status.
    Class 2A
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Revo how much?

SimpleRider
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It make sense that revo is the most expensive.
    it is, in a sense, the top-of-the-line 400cc naked bike.

Revo how much?
    about $17.5, if i'm now wrong.

just my $0.02
    Goodee hor hot goodee... Mat witz sebastian!

jyew777
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spot on, we share the same train of thought except I'm about 6cm shorter and my class 2 preference would be a R1200R!
    Good choice. I would love to get on one of those boxer twins eventually.

napalm_rapier
    has no status.
    Class 2A
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So any of you guys have ridden the X? Heard there are about 10 units already sold..

Bikeprod
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

$15,440 is without insurance and also w/o IU but including 4 years interest.
    Bike Production Pte Ltd
    Address: 610, Serangoon Road S(218216)
    ~Please call us at 63922555 regarding your enquires.

napalm_rapier
    has no status.
    Class 2A
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bikeprod View Post
    After much survey, BP offers the cheapest price... thumbs up

propeller
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Questions for forumers and advertisers:

(1) For the X model, is it officially Honda CB400X or Honda 400X?
    (2) What's the additional cost for ABS on the X version if this option is available?

Thanks

fx110
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.mudah.my/Honda+cb+500x-22102927.htm
    huhu
    RM35000 for Honda CB500X.

gnesnah
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So the CB400X is $13200 OTR w/o insurance and IU. Not bad.

Jehuty
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With the coming of these 400cc parallel twins, I believe the Revos would see a drop in resale. Imo, these bikes and motards makes more sense in our traffic, they run cooler and you don't need the excess of 160km/h speeds of 400cc inline 4s. Besides to me S4's are not exactly light in a sense.

PenangKia
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Depends on the take-up rate of these models. I'm hoping that there would be a community of Honda 400x riders once I take and pass my 2a license later this year. It will be refreshing to see newer machines on the roads instead of 90s bikes all the time for the class 2a

napalm_rapier
    has no status.
    Class 2A
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gnesnah View Post
    Which shop bro?

napalm_rapier
    has no status.
    Class 2A
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which shop bro?

jyew777
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi,
    with or without ABS?

Bikeprod
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi,
    with or without ABS?
    Non ABS........
    Bike Production Pte Ltd
    Address: 610, Serangoon Road S(218216)
    ~Please call us at 63922555 regarding your enquires.

jyew777
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Non ABS........
    Thank you.
    How much for ABS?

gnesnah
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which shop bro?
    Downpayment $2000 plus $11200 with 4 years installment interest you should arrive at $15440.

PenangKia
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you.
    How much for ABS?
    I'd be curious to know too. Prefer the ABS variant if possible.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast