User Tag List

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 100 of 998

Thread: Adiva ADtre owner's thread

  1. #51
    lawrence21
    has no status.
    SBF Scooters
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    120
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default



    Very informative feedback from early adopters, thanks ben1112 and Andre!

    I'm shortlisting for my new ride and I found the feedback really useful.
    zor ni ar neh... ler tia wa tnah...

  2. #52
    ben1112
    has no status.
    TeePee ben1112's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,165
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    First modification;
    Changed the OEM 21" wiper blade to a 17" soft silicone wiper blade
    My previous AD200 wind screen was scratched by the OEM blade. Also the 21" blade was too long and heavy and causes jerky wiper operation.
    Damage and location pls?
    Scooter Tuning Is Not A Crime.

     

     
  3. #53
    ben1112
    has no status.
    TeePee ben1112's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,165
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alvin80 View Post
    Congrats Ben on ur new ride. It is far better looking than the older model.
    It is possible to use some aftermarket upgrade parts for ur new ride cos, this new scooter is using the same engine as in the Kymco Downtown 300i (Nikita in Taiwan). Rollers, clutch, & even big bore kit.
    Thanks. Yes I got the sliders and clutch. There are no big bore kits that I know of as of yet.
    Scooter Tuning Is Not A Crime.

  4. #54
    ben1112
    has no status.
    TeePee ben1112's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,165
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    $(KGrHqFHJBsF!kBbQEoiBQ,3MNenog~~60_57.jpgDS393701.jpg

    Maybe something like this?

    Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Rode in the rain yesterday.
    Experienced the splashing from the front.
    I think the OEM front mud guard are too short, all the water from the front wheels hitting the underside of the foot board and splashed to the legs.
    MP3 has longer mud guards and therefore does not has this problem.
    Therefore, I believe it will alleviate the problem by extending the mud guard.
    Scooter Tuning Is Not A Crime.

  5. #55
    ben1112
    has no status.
    TeePee ben1112's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,165
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I dont think this bike can corner until the tyre sides use up..
    Scooter Tuning Is Not A Crime.

  6. #56
    sazman
    has no status.
    P Plate sazman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    104
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Guess I be joining this owners group soon... Hahaha... Had a long thought and this bike may perhaps be a good supplement to my Gilera and my car

  7. #57
    abcdef
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    103
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ben1112 View Post
    Attachment 287464Just rode in very heavy rain. Feet and knees where very wet from the side splashing. Little bit of water travelled from rear of roof to the inside of windscreen, possibly from hole in rear of roof.

    Overall still good protection only let down were the foot area where water splashed in.
    Did you ride in the rain this morning at 8 plus am along zion road? Wearing black t shirt and berm, Matt black fbh7xxx plate number?

  8. #58
    ben1112
    has no status.
    TeePee ben1112's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,165
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by abcdef View Post
    Did you ride in the rain this morning at 8 plus am along zion road? Wearing black t shirt and berm, Matt black fbh7xxx plate number?
    Yesh, but number wrong. If matt black jet helmet plus black tshirt, berms and black shoes den should be me liao.
    Scooter Tuning Is Not A Crime.

  9. #59
    parotae
    D0wnt0wn 3OO!
    TeePee parotae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,902
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Have yet to see 1 on the road.

    Hope don't see, sure oggle.

  10. #60
    ben1112
    has no status.
    TeePee ben1112's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,165
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by parotae View Post
    Have yet to see 1 on the road.

    Hope don't see, sure oggle.
    Was just chit chatting with bro paratoe, share some random feedback on this bike;

    1.Engine not very loud + Big windscreen = very quiet journey.
    2.Can make conversation even at 100km/h, no need to shout or eat wind
    3.Bike is very heavy at 200+ kg, stable and solid feel
    4.Parking is strenous due to weight and limited steering angle
    5.Turning radius is wide
    6.Can't corner very low, will hit an invisible limit and the bike refuse to lean more.(So far haven't found a way to overcome)
    Scooter Tuning Is Not A Crime.

  11. #61
    ben1112
    has no status.
    TeePee ben1112's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,165
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Some goodies ordered over the net;

    Spy 5000m two way alarm
    Radio & speaker for motorcycle
    HP mount
    Tachometer with voltmeter
    DVR mini cam
    Scooter Tuning Is Not A Crime.

     

     
  12. #62
    parotae
    D0wnt0wn 3OO!
    TeePee parotae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,902
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ben1112 View Post
    Some goodies ordered over the net;

    Spy 5000m two way alarm
    Radio & speaker for motorcycle
    HP mount
    Tachometer with voltmeter
    DVR mini cam
    Wah, must post some photos after fixing ya.

    Here's a stunt AD3 Vid


  13. #63
    parotae
    D0wnt0wn 3OO!
    TeePee parotae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,902
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default


  14. #64
    ben1112
    has no status.
    TeePee ben1112's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,165
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Sad to say I'm a bit let down when I just rode in the super heavy rain this morning. Although the windscreen and roof provides ample protection to the upper body, there are two curves at each side of the bike above the wheels which directs water towards the knees and thighs.

    It is time to look into making a side rain cover for the bike.
    Scooter Tuning Is Not A Crime.

  15. #65
    ben1112
    has no status.
    TeePee ben1112's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,165
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    398996_7175_xl_IMG_4665.jpg483099_544823168900907_1971407624_n2.jpg

    We need a deflector and/or side cover. I don't know how it will affect things aerodynamically though..
    Scooter Tuning Is Not A Crime.

  16. #66
    Andre
    has no status.
    Class 2A
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    774
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ben1112 View Post
    Damage and location pls?
    Got the wiper blade from AEON in JB, RM20+.

    Quote Originally Posted by ben1112 View Post
    Ya, any idea where to get one? I'm thinking to fix MP3's mudflap, but checked online, it cost more then USD60 including shipping.

    LARGE_647987_front_fender_mudflap_left_right_piaggio_mp3_vespa.jpg

    The earlier AD3's design with long mudguard.

    Adiva-AD3-Long Mudflap.jpg
    Last edited by Andre; 05-09-2013 at 11:17 AM.

  17. #67
    ben1112
    has no status.
    TeePee ben1112's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,165
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Got the wiper blade from AEON in JB, RM20+.



    Ya, any idea where to get one? I'm thinking to fix MP3's mudflap, but checked online, it cost more then USD60 including shipping.

    LARGE_647987_front_fender_mudflap_left_right_piaggio_mp3_vespa.jpg

    The earlier AD3's design with long mudguard.

    Adiva-AD3-Long Mudflap.jpg
    Tmr I go LAB ask got anything from other bikes like phantom or other cruiser rubber mud flap can retrofit or not. Today I went to pick up my gf and she monitored that water splashed from the front tyres.
    Scooter Tuning Is Not A Crime.

  18. #68
    Andre
    has no status.
    Class 2A
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    774
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ben1112 View Post
    .................

    6.Can't corner very low, will hit an invisible limit and the bike refuse to lean more.(So far haven't found a way to overcome)
    I think the tilt angle is limited by the 2 stopper at both swing arms.

  19. #69
    ben1112
    has no status.
    TeePee ben1112's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,165
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    I think the tilt angle is limited by the 2 stopper at both swing arms.
    Ah.. That explains the squeaky sound when going over bumps too I suppose?
    Scooter Tuning Is Not A Crime.

  20. #70
    Andre
    has no status.
    Class 2A
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    774
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Got the wiper blade from AEON in JB, RM20+.
    Correction, I got it for RM18.50 only. There is another one which cost less then RM10.

    Quote Originally Posted by ben1112 View Post
    Ah.. That explains the squeaky sound when going over bumps too I suppose?
    Squeaky sound? I didn't notice any when going over bumps. But I did notice a small squeaky sound when opening throttle and goes away when closing throttle.
    By the way, check all the bolts & nuts, I found quite a few were not tighten probably; e.g. The mirrors, trunk box cover, trunk box locking hook. Even my front wheels locknuts also not tighten. Luckily the dealer saw it and tighten it before I rode off.
    Planing to check all bolts & nuts this weekend and apply grease to all the moving parts.

  21. #71
    Jack_mav88
    New toy!!!
    P Plate
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    70
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Anyone riding the 200cc AD3? How is the power?

     

     
  22. #72
    ben1112
    has no status.
    TeePee ben1112's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,165
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Correction, I got it for RM18.50 only. There is another one which cost less then RM10.



    Squeaky sound? I didn't notice any when going over bumps. But I did notice a small squeaky sound when opening throttle and goes away when closing throttle.
    By the way, check all the bolts & nuts, I found quite a few were not tighten probably; e.g. The mirrors, trunk box cover, trunk box locking hook. Even my front wheels locknuts also not tighten. Luckily the dealer saw it and tighten it before I rode off.
    Planing to check all bolts & nuts this weekend and apply grease to all the moving parts.
    I lost one exhaust cover bolt already... Need to go over with locktite too.
    Scooter Tuning Is Not A Crime.

  23. #73
    ben1112
    has no status.
    TeePee ben1112's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,165
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack_mav88 View Post
    Anyone riding the 200cc AD3? How is the power?
    The owner I don't think is on this forum.
    Scooter Tuning Is Not A Crime.

  24. #74
    MASCARA
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    72
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Lack of professionalism shows.......

    Quote Originally Posted by ben1112 View Post
    I lost one exhaust cover bolt already... Need to go over with locktite too.
    With the market for motorcycles here, it is VERY SURPRISING to find lack of professionalism here among TOP market leaders
    here......loose bolts, no pre-delivery checks, lousy attitudes, more-interested-in- facbook-salespeople- have been observed in
    many instances when we visit showrooms and service centres, I am just wondering why consumers tolerate this kind of nonsense.?????

    If they persist in this kind of modus operandi, I suggest they sell their showrooms and set up stall at sungei road, it will definitely save them a lot of money and lousy reputations, because for the kind of attitude they have , sungei road befits their style.

    Unfasten bolts and nuts pose a very SERIOUS danger to the riders and at the end of the day the buyers get hurt......bad.

    If SIM LIM square can come up with a list of crooked shops, so can the Singapore bike forum......

    Just remember , that not everyday is a SUNSHINE day in Singapore.

  25. #75
    Andre
    has no status.
    Class 2A
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    774
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MASCARA View Post
    ......

    If SIM LIM square can come up with a list of crooked shops, so can the Singapore bike forum......
    Basically agreed with you but if we list down the crook bikeshops, probably 99% of the bike shop will be in the list. lol.

  26. #76
    ben1112
    has no status.
    TeePee ben1112's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,165
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MASCARA View Post
    With the market for motorcycles here, it is VERY SURPRISING to find lack of professionalism here among TOP market leaders
    here......loose bolts, no pre-delivery checks, lousy attitudes, more-interested-in- facbook-salespeople- have been observed in
    many instances when we visit showrooms and service centres, I am just wondering why consumers tolerate this kind of nonsense.?????

    If they persist in this kind of modus operandi, I suggest they sell their showrooms and set up stall at sungei road, it will definitely save them a lot of money and lousy reputations, because for the kind of attitude they have , sungei road befits their style.

    Unfasten bolts and nuts pose a very SERIOUS danger to the riders and at the end of the day the buyers get hurt......bad.

    If SIM LIM square can come up with a list of crooked shops, so can the Singapore bike forum......

    Just remember , that not everyday is a SUNSHINE day in Singapore.
    Bro chill la, at least the bolt I lost is due to vibration from the single cylinder. Kymco DT300 in TW using the same engine also commonly lost exhaust guard bolts.

    Just wish to highlight this is common problem to be look out for. Only defect from factory on this bike I faced is the speedometer cable not connected upon collection, that's all.

    So far so good doing almost 500kms.
    Scooter Tuning Is Not A Crime.

  27. #77
    ben1112
    has no status.
    TeePee ben1112's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,165
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I installed superfour mudguard bought from LAB. Will take some pics later.
    Scooter Tuning Is Not A Crime.

  28. #78
    MASCARA
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    72
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ben1112 View Post
    Bro chill la, at least the bolt I lost is due to vibration from the single cylinder. Kymco DT300 in TW using the same engine also commonly lost exhaust guard bolts.

    Just wish to highlight this is common problem to be look out for. Only defect from factory on this bike I faced is the speedometer cable not connected upon collection, that's all.

    So far so good doing almost 500kms.
    Hey Bro.......No problem chilling out.....but its just that these people can get so much more business and respect if they just practice more professionalism in their business and conduct. It cost them nothing but gain so much more.

    Perhaps these people can drop by Lexus Singapore and see how they do their business regardless of whether a sale is done...

    It does not matter whether it is a bolt or not, the point is practicing due diligence in WHATEVER we do.......

    This time it is a bolt, next time the tyre will fly off..............touch wood............sigh

  29. #79
    MASCARA
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    72
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Basically agreed with you but if we list down the crook bikeshops, probably 99% of the bike shop will be in the list. lol.
    If 99% of the shop is on the list, then so be it, let the remaining 1% get the rest of the 99% of the business that these guys lost!!

  30. #80
    icystalk
    has no status.
    SBF Lady Riders
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    81
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    hi can i check if anyone got news if they will bring in the gold colour version for 200 model? Also just to confirm is the 200 model under 2b license? Also, is there enough storage space for 2 helmets? thanks.
    Last edited by icystalk; 07-09-2013 at 07:57 PM.

  31. #81
    sazman
    has no status.
    P Plate sazman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    104
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Check with MAH if they bringing the gold colour. As for the 200, it can be ridden with a 2B license however I would advise to get a 2A license and go for the 300 model instead for more value to the purchase. As for the storage space, you will have plentiful as long as the roof is up.

     

     
  32. #82
    ben1112
    has no status.
    TeePee ben1112's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,165
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by icystalk View Post
    hi can i check if anyone got news if they will bring in the gold colour version for 200 model? Also just to confirm is the 200 model under 2b license? Also, is there enough storage space for 2 helmets? thanks.
    This you need to check with MAH personally. You can go down to take a look at the boot size too.

    Quote Originally Posted by sazman View Post
    Check with MAH if they bringing the gold colour. As for the 200, it can be ridden with a 2B license however I would advise to get a 2A license and go for the 300 model instead for more value to the purchase. As for the storage space, you will have plentiful as long as the roof is up.
    Agreed, after week with the AD3 300 I would describe the power as adequate only.
    Scooter Tuning Is Not A Crime.

  33. #83
    ben1112
    has no status.
    TeePee ben1112's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,165
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    As promised here are the pictures of the extended mudflap;

    As you can see the original mudguard is as big or smaller then the tyre width.
    IMAG0578.jpg
    With resulted in very high spray when riding in the wet
    IMAG0579.jpg
    So I bought this mudflap extension meant for Superfour from LAB, however have to elongate the holes inwards with a file by about 1cm on each side.
    IMAG0576.jpgIMAG0577.jpg
    I peeled the sticker away because I thought it was ugly
    IMAG0581.jpg
    Then after I thought it was too plain so I added a small sticker
    IMAG0585.jpg
    Last edited by ben1112; 07-09-2013 at 08:46 PM.
    Scooter Tuning Is Not A Crime.

  34. #84
    ben1112
    has no status.
    TeePee ben1112's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,165
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Here are two more pics of the finished product.
    IMAG0586.jpgIMAG0587.jpg

    Is it nice or ugly? Feel free to let me know yr opinion!
    Last edited by ben1112; 07-09-2013 at 08:53 PM.
    Scooter Tuning Is Not A Crime.

  35. #85
    Andre
    has no status.
    Class 2A
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    774
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack_mav88 View Post
    Anyone riding the 200cc AD3? How is the power?
    Just test ride my friend's ADtre 200. Only a short ride in the car park. Was surprised that the power is good, don't feel much different. Probably have to ride in high speed to compare.

  36. #86
    Andre
    has no status.
    Class 2A
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    774
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ben1112 View Post
    I lost one exhaust cover bolt already... Need to go over with locktite too.
    After read this post, I immediately check the exhaust cover bolts and found most of them quite loose. I tightened it immediately, thanks..

    Quote Originally Posted by ben1112 View Post

    Is it nice or ugly? Feel free to let me know yr opinion!
    Not so bad.

  37. #87
    MASCARA
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    72
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ben1112 View Post
    Here are two more pics of the finished product.
    IMAG0586.jpgIMAG0587.jpg

    Is it nice or ugly? Feel free to let me know yr opinion!
    Looks good actually, like a custom fit.......good job.

  38. #88
    sazman
    has no status.
    P Plate sazman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    104
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ben1112 View Post
    Here are two more pics of the finished product.
    IMAG0586.jpgIMAG0587.jpg

    Is it nice or ugly? Feel free to let me know yr opinion!
    Yur matte black is different from the pic I took for the other thread... Your's is much much much nicer! Anyway, that's for the rear wheels only right? How abt the solution for the front 2 wheels?

  39. #89
    ben1112
    has no status.
    TeePee ben1112's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,165
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sazman View Post
    Yur matte black is different from the pic I took for the other thread... Your's is much much much nicer! Anyway, that's for the rear wheels only right? How abt the solution for the front 2 wheels?
    Haven't found a solution yet. But not really willing to buy from online as it's more then $10++/pcs. Now looking for suitable rubber matts like those in car mat but without the boxes, to cut and custom made.
    Scooter Tuning Is Not A Crime.

  40. #90
    ben1112
    has no status.
    TeePee ben1112's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,165
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Scooter Tuning Is Not A Crime.

  41. #91
    icystalk
    has no status.
    SBF Lady Riders
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    81
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    hey bros thanks for the info.. i think i might just go ahead to get the 200 model after i manage to sell off my current ride (not intending to upgrade to 2A license). My only concern right now is parking the bike as understand that some of you is saying that it can be quite strenuous. I'm 1.63m any tips or is it jus to avoid parking at slanted grounds? Reason i ask is cos my orevious rides are all around 130kg odd and i take a very very long time to park if its on slanted grounds due to strength issue (of cos not able to flat foot on the ground plays a role too i guess.. previous rides include tzm, vespa lx150ie, yamaha r15 v2).

     

     
  42. #92
    ben1112
    has no status.
    TeePee ben1112's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,165
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by icystalk View Post
    hey bros thanks for the info.. i think i might just go ahead to get the 200 model after i manage to sell off my current ride (not intending to upgrade to 2A license). My only concern right now is parking the bike as understand that some of you is saying that it can be quite strenuous. I'm 1.63m any tips or is it jus to avoid parking at slanted grounds? Reason i ask is cos my orevious rides are all around 130kg odd and i take a very very long time to park if its on slanted grounds due to strength issue (of cos not able to flat foot on the ground plays a role too i guess.. previous rides include tzm, vespa lx150ie, yamaha r15 v2).
    Bro i had parked the bike on slanted slope two days ago and had the bike fall on me. The roof hit my face and caused lacerations on my cheek and lips. Luckily the bike did not fall all the way only about 45 degrees, it was no joke to lift the bike back up. If i don't go to gym regularly and my gf wasn't there to assist the bike will be lying on the ground and me underneath it.

    So please be careful with this bike when you are not familiar with it yet.

    FOR ALL ASKING FOR 200CC VS 300CC!

    With regards to 200cc vs 300cc, I have come to a conclusion based on Andre's initial impression on 200cc and drawing on my experience thus far with the 300cc. The 200cc may fare reasonably for city riding but as the speed increases, the wind drag causes the power requirement to increase exponentially. This is especially evident as I try to ride between 95-110, the relation between throttle opening required and resistance met quickly becomes unfavorable.

    So if you do a fair amount of e'way commuting, pls do yrself the favor and get the 300cc in order not to struggle with traffic. Else, consider carefully if the 200cc can meet your needs. I'm sure it has its own merits for certain circumstances.
    Scooter Tuning Is Not A Crime.

  43. #93
    icystalk
    has no status.
    SBF Lady Riders
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    81
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ben1112 View Post
    Bro i had parked the bike on slanted slope two days ago and had the bike fall on me. The roof hit my face and caused lacerations on my cheek and lips. Luckily the bike did not fall all the way only about 45 degrees, it was no joke to lift the bike back up. If i don't go to gym regularly and my gf wasn't there to assist the bike will be lying on the ground and me underneath it.

    So please be careful with this bike when you are not familiar with it yet.
    Thanks for the sharing. Think i will head down to mah to check if i can handle the bike first before deciding on the purchase cos i dun tink i will ever be able to lift the bike up if it falls -.-" hope ur injuries getting better

  44. #94
    ben1112
    has no status.
    TeePee ben1112's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,165
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    http://www.ebay.com.sg/itm/360672404827

    This one looks like perfect size but cost about $35/pair, comes with hardware as well. I will go for this if can't find any cheaper one. Diy the materials and hassle might not be worth the effort or look nice I think.
    Scooter Tuning Is Not A Crime.

  45. #95
    ben1112
    has no status.
    TeePee ben1112's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,165
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    AD3.jpg

    This is my hypothesis on how the water accumulates and over spray into the leg room.
    1) Most of the water is scooped up from the tyre and some from the front.(Light blue)
    2) The water is accumulated in the wheel well and pushed out the side by wind pressure
    3) Water is sprayed onto foot and shin(dark blue)
    4) The red triangle is a tapered concave area which may act as a funnel to direct water to the knees and thigh area.

    *Note: water spray from the tyre also reaches passenger foot rest area via the caved in area between rider and pillion foot rest. The concave is to facilitate rider to put both feet down by the side.

    Conclusion, front mudguard may alleviate the problem but don't know by how much. Will feedback after installation.

    *Sorry Andre, don't mind i borrow yr picture.
    Last edited by ben1112; 08-09-2013 at 12:18 PM. Reason: credits
    Scooter Tuning Is Not A Crime.

  46. #96
    Andre
    has no status.
    Class 2A
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    774
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Fully agreed with your finding.
    Can post this to Adiva Japan's facebook?

  47. #97
    ben1112
    has no status.
    TeePee ben1112's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,165
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Fully agreed with your finding.
    Can post this to Adiva Japan's facebook?
    If you want can la, but they all speak Jap like nobody entertain english speakers one.
    Scooter Tuning Is Not A Crime.

  48. #98
    MASCARA
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    72
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ben1112 View Post
    Bro i had parked the bike on slanted slope two days ago and had the bike fall on me. The roof hit my face and caused lacerations on my cheek and lips. Luckily the bike did not fall all the way only about 45 degrees, it was no joke to lift the bike back up. If i don't go to gym regularly and my gf wasn't there to assist the bike will be lying on the ground and me underneath it.

    So please be careful with this bike when you are not familiar with it yet.

    FOR ALL ASKING FOR 200CC VS 300CC!

    With regards to 200cc vs 300cc, I have come to a conclusion based on Andre's initial impression on 200cc and drawing on my experience thus far with the 300cc. The 200cc may fare reasonably for city riding but as the speed increases, the wind drag causes the power requirement to increase exponentially. This is especially evident as I try to ride between 95-110, the relation between throttle opening required and resistance met quickly becomes unfavorable.

    So if you do a fair amount of e'way commuting, pls do yrself the favor and get the 300cc in order not to struggle with traffic. Else, consider carefully if the 200cc can meet your needs. I'm sure it has its own merits for certain circumstances.
    Hope not too painful after the incident........does that mean I must sign up for gym before buying bike? heheheheheheheh..........anyway I will buy mine after my trip next week. Will go see and understand more on the forums before taking the plunge ........and make sure all bolts and wheels fasten before signing on dotted line.......and try squeeze them for mudflaps....don't know if can......but will try......and meantime learn from you veteran riders.

  49. #99
    sazman
    has no status.
    P Plate sazman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    104
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    If you planning to get from Mah, my advice is to come down with lots of patience... They have a rather questionable standard for their sale person...

    Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 4

  50. #100
    ben1112
    has no status.
    TeePee ben1112's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,165
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MASCARA View Post
    Hope not too painful after the incident........does that mean I must sign up for gym before buying bike? heheheheheheheh..........anyway I will buy mine after my trip next week. Will go see and understand more on the forums before taking the plunge ........and make sure all bolts and wheels fasten before signing on dotted line.......and try squeeze them for mudflaps....don't know if can......but will try......and meantime learn from you veteran riders.
    There is no OEM mudflap for this bike. Only OEM accessory I saw was aluminium footboard on another AD3 which the salesperson told me is customer ownself buy one.

    Will be good to inspect all bolts and nuts but even better to locktite yourself after collection.

    This bike is really quite heavy I would suggest you goto MAH and try to maneuver the bike and put on main stand and off. If can't manage to move off the stand den I would suggest to proceed with caution.
    Scooter Tuning Is Not A Crime.

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •