has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation Reckless Rider

Judge for yourself.
    Last edited by atomant; 14-10-2013 at 09:20 PM.

Jehuty
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems like you're hogging the filter lane or not using your rear view mirrors enough to know he's there so you'll give way.

Paikia44
    is a MBA (Married But Available)
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jehuty View Post
    Seems like you're hogging the filter lane or not using your rear view mirrors enough to know he's there so you'll give way.
    I tend to agree. U were behind the taxi for a whole 20 secs. Most riders would lane split and frankly the traffic is moderate so the S4 overtook u. This is how most riders ride. I am the same. Perhaps u should have checked your mirrors when u follow behind cars and see if there are bikers behind that's going to overtake u.

Ride safe..... cheers!!

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk now Free
    #ShutUp_and_Ride

CoolieND
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why is is considered road-hogging when the OP is overtaking others in the lane to his left? I can understand such a claim if it was clear on the left lane, but it was not...

The Super 4 rider seems to have almost gotten into a dangerous situation cutting across the OP's path, to then go partway into the middle lane as the left cab was shifting lane. If that taxi hadn't braked (more because of the cab in front of it), definitely could have been bad.

In either case, it does seem that the Super4 came a bit closer than would have been comfortable...

HaiR1
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More or less.. U shud not have hog tat part.. When knowing tat riders use that to LS

If want to go slower, go ride on shoulder

Dnt expect pple to butt **** your bike all the way, learn to give way, not hog

Totallywasted
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate it when bikes hog the split lane, because that's the only way riders can get around idiot drivers hogging the first lane.

It's really very simple: if you're only going faster than the vehicle on your left, take the the CENTRE OF THE LANE ON THE RIGHT. Bikes are allowed to occupy a lane like a car, and it's the Malaysian cubs who mostly don't seem to know that.

To be fair, the OP wasn't exactly holding up the split lane. But I would've moved behind the taxi, and I always check my mirrors every ten seconds or so.

CoolieND
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you watch closely, from 0:18-0:25, there was more than enough space to split (to the left of the OP), given that there is no car to the left and the OP was not riding on the line - his tire is roughly in-line with that of the cab in front -, and post that the OP was moved towards the line cos he was subsequently about to split as he came up on the cab. I just see the Super4 putting himself in a somewhat dangerous situation, which was not the OP's fault.

Not that I care all that much personally, I only ride in the centre 1/3 of a lane and don't have any desire to lane split at speed like this. *shrug*

jayz
    ORD LOH
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

did you see the s4 behind you?

i think the s4 is riding fast from the back towards you already. u no chances to even notice his present?

i get this too sometimes, so i think i get how you feel, fellow forumers pls dont assume. we are all together here.

but the s4 uncle taking his chances. no doubt.
    Yamaha x1
    Honda super 4 spec 1

Orleng
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The S4 may have cut it a little too thin, but I kinda see why he did overtake like that.

Sometimes if you're splitting, it's always nice to check the mirrors to see if there are other bikes behind you wanting to split faster. If you notice a quickly approaching bike, it's good practice to drop off into a space between cars. Like the big open space on the left behind the taxi, before the S4 overtook.

It can get frustrating when the rider in front is oblivious to the train building up behind him.
    Smile! Tomorrow will be worse.

SBT #1149 Price List

HaiR1
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ya man..

If dnt know the meaning of checking mirror, take it out n throw the mirror away

Paikia44
    is a MBA (Married But Available)
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HaiR1 View Post
    Ya man..

If dnt know the meaning of checking mirror, take it out n throw the mirror away
    I get such riders pretty often... lan lan follow behind and wait for chances to overtake. Else will try LS between lane 2 & 3 then re-enter lane 1 & 2.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk
    #ShutUp_and_Ride

keyxblade
    has no status.
    Class 2
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the bike cut quite close

keown
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dont want to lane split dont hog the path.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk 2

drift
    has no status.
    Class 2A
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

looks like typical malaysian cub riding fashion where traffic is moving at 80-90km/h n fella just cuts in n out of bikes, cars and anything in the way.

I ride very often in malaysian roads n i started paying more n more attention to my side mirrors cos just in case i was like u n building up speed to overtake vehicle on the left n then suddenly a malaysian cub is on my left speeding n trying to overtake me from the left. (At the least this fella overtook from the right cos in malaysia its both sides left n right)

I noticed that in Singapore this happens lesser unless u r riding on the BKE where most malaysian bikers use to come into singapore or maybe the AYE especially during the peak morning n evening hours.

Biker`
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so rider decided to ride dangerously to follow the super4? Ya i agree that the video recorder is reckless
    Once A Biker..Always A Biker

Curiosity Kills The Cat, Ignorance Kills You!!
    2003-2003 Cagiva mito7 FM7837*
    2003-2007 WR200 FP8814*
    2005-2007 Super 4 Vetec FR5088*
    2007-2008 K1 750 FZ2880*

guangwei
    has no status.
    Class 2
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

seems like ts forced him to overtake recklessly, ts more reckless.. ;/ just passed?

should had keep in the middle of lane and allow him to lane split through u
    Last edited by guangwei; 10-01-2014 at 12:49 AM.

guangwei
    has no status.
    Class 2
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just met a rider quite like this one in the video ytd at about 4.30pm PIE. Also a super 4, blue colored fuel tank, in a heavy traffic condition, car was traveling at near motionless. I was lane spilting at 20-30. Then, one car just signal and abruptly lane change, tilted his vehicle out in between the lane and forced me to slow down(the driver gave me enuff time to brake gradually in the raining heavy traffic tho so some may not say abrupt as well), as he move his vehicle slowly to the first lane, the car on the right lane had stopped his vehicle to give way for him to enter the first lane.

In spotting of the extra spaces given by the vehicle at the first lane, I immediately swing my bike to the right lane to continue my ride by overtaking the slow lane changing car, much to my surprise the super 4 behind me is doing the same thing at the same moment to overtake me and the lane changing vehicle at this timing with that space of about 1 car length and width, i quickly counter swung my bike to the opposite direction to avoid collision, forcing me to brake to near motionless as well.
    didn't horned him at all, but dam angry, really regretted nvr horned at him.

im installing a camera soon and ima flame any f up driver/rider i met on the road on the internet. im sick of pointing middle finger randomly at the road, cfm sooner or ltr kenna whacked, im also frustrated of the road users, especially the malaysian kups, 3 hours drives along route to custom cfm can spot a few no-government mentality malaysian kup. Spotted a CBR400 (2013 version) without plate number with 2 malaysian kup rider talking at Ah Ann Trading (Scrapyard) yesterday too. All 3 are definitely malaysians. The way he rev his bike to 5-6rpm for 1second to haolian before moving off, confirm stock pipe plucked off silencer also, what had TP ever done to them?

while this malaysian kup rule our road daily, true blue NSF singaporeans like me had to spend every cents with my NS allowance to revert my bike to 100% stock just to pass inspection. (Was there to look for stock header as I bought a ss one last time when i couldnt find one, needed one for pipe inspection now). The authority here understood that true blue singaporeans are best for bullied and be sucked around, too many of us had this "punish me la, u think i scare?" mentality, and won't retaliate.
    Last edited by guangwei; 12-01-2014 at 03:45 PM.

012aikon
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

backfired!!

pufferfis
    Its CLOBBERING TIME!
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jehuty View Post
    I agree with you....video recorder shld perhaps stick more to the centre or more to the right of 1st lane if he have no intention to lane split...also try to keep a look out for bikes behind the video recorder....seems like video recorder is hogging the lane split area and oblivious to vehicles or bikes behind him ....safe riding yo!
    I ride at 70km/hr only...please please dont blow2 at me or overtake me dangerously....wait i change into Incredible Hulk n dont know why my little baby bike will always be ahead of u if u do that

haram_j86
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see nothing wrong with the video. Simple rule. U drive slow u keep left. He was just overtaking. Don't get it why ppl drive/ride slow on 1st lane. It pretty much tells us how selfish people are.

NovaBeng
    has no status.
    Class 2A
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i seriously hate people like you hogging the lane split even you riding at speed limit. If you are aware enough behind got someone riding faster than you, just give way for 1-2 sec will die? that rider want ride faster than you let it be. anything happen thats his problem not your. But you blocking the lane for motorcycle to pass through that is your fault. you want maintain behind a car then stick on the lane itself not the lane divider. if i were the rider pass you, i sure blow you.
    Aprilia RS125 '01 FT2630S - Mar 08 ~ Mar 10
    Yamaha YZF R6 '03 FW3991C - Mar 10 ~ Aug 11
    Honda VTR1000 SP1 '00 FS4115E - Jan 11 ~ Mar 13
    Ducati 749S '04 FX***** - Mar 13 ~ Present

Shake it~ sexy baby~

zpjohnny
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That super 4 is taking chances, if the taxi brake nia, or bi good.

but i kinda understand wad most riders are talking about. if TS are to follow the front taxi or any vehicle at same speed at express lane, ride middle lane and let others lane splitting at their own risk.

if your at the lane split or blocks it for bikes to pass thru, this is what you get from bikers as a warning that u did something wrong in general despite you are right

and check rear mirrors all the time, unless ur the fastest bike in sg. ahahha no pun intended
    Class 3 29 April 2009[TP Attempt: 1]
    Class 2B 11 March 2010[TP Attempt: 1]
    Class 2A 02 July 2012[TP Attempt: 1]
    Class 2 On-Training[TP Attempt: TBA]

TA-200 Honda Phantom 2010~2013
    GSR Suzuki 400R 2013~Present

dunreply
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

please ride with caution!

LXY
    has no status.
    Class 2
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Common scenarios especially msian kup.. Check yr mirror frequently and stick in the centre of the lane in order to allow overtaking bike to do lane-split.. Just sharing ride safe