User Tag List

Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Singapore Budget 2014

  1. #1
    ah786786
    has no status.
    Class 2
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Outram
    Posts
    1,462
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Singapore Budget 2014



    As posted,
    http://www.straitstimes.com/the-big-...-rise-20140221

    As from the above quoted by last 2 sentence

    "Finance Minister Tharman Shanmugaratnam, who noted that duties on tobacco and liquor have not gone up for almost a decade."

  2. #2
    SimpleRider
    has no status.
    Class 2B SimpleRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Singapore City, Singapore
    Posts
    336
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ah786786 View Post
    As posted,
    http://www.straitstimes.com/the-big-...-rise-20140221

    As from the above quoted by last 2 sentence

    "Finance Minister Tharman Shanmugaratnam, who noted that duties on tobacco and liquor have not gone up for almost a decade."
    I think quite true, leh...

    I heard before, somebody said, the last time got increase was in 95'
    dunno how true, since i dun smoke or drink.
    Goodee hor hot goodee... Mat witz sebastian!

     

     
  3. #3
    ah786786
    has no status.
    Class 2
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Outram
    Posts
    1,462
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It has increased few times over last few years,by 10cents,20cents 50cents gradually,now the latest is increased by $1 or by 10%.
    Thats why i not sure why they say not gone up for the last 10 years.

  4. #4
    wait4me
    my friend's , friend is my enemy
    SBF Lacer wait4me's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    the far east
    Posts
    39,737
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    sure a not tabacco have not gone up ??
    year 97 big pkt 5 dollar plus
    and still got sell 10 sticks kind

    now is 12 dollar..

    for god sake , talk so much abt health , ban smoking la..
    cannot ban because they need the money right.....
    一路向北 4 EVER , my friend



  5. #5
    SimpleRider
    has no status.
    Class 2B SimpleRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Singapore City, Singapore
    Posts
    336
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ah786786 View Post
    It has increased few times over last few years,by 10cents,20cents 50cents gradually,now the latest is increased by $1 or by 10%.
    Thats why i not sure why they say not gone up for the last 10 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by wait4me View Post
    sure a not tabacco have not gone up ??
    year 97 big pkt 5 dollar plus
    and still got sell 10 sticks kind

    now is 12 dollar..

    for god sake , talk so much abt health , ban smoking la..
    cannot ban because they need the money right.....
    If so, then our Finance Minister made a blunder by saying that "not gone up for almost a decade"?!

    then how come nobody made noise/comment about this?
    what was that statement made based on?
    Goodee hor hot goodee... Mat witz sebastian!

  6. #6
    ah786786
    has no status.
    Class 2
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Outram
    Posts
    1,462
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wait4me View Post
    sure a not tabacco have not gone up ??
    year 97 big pkt 5 dollar plus
    and still got sell 10 sticks kind

    now is 12 dollar..

    for god sake , talk so much abt health , ban smoking la..
    cannot ban because they need the money right.....
    But the thing is,Even the smoking cessation and the quit smoking kits(eg.nicotine patch) are quite Ex...
    I know some say its will power,but still for those who want to quit i feel the assistance should be given.
    I have alot of the troubles with will power to quit, so tried the medical approach thru polyclinic programme,the medicine that helps to reduce craving was quite ex....

  7. #7
    stsoh
    has no status.
    TeePee stsoh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    RED DOT
    Posts
    4,944
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    electronic cigarette r popular in uk but ban in sillypore (lesser $$$ tax collections).
    electronic cigarette at fraction of cigarette price n many smokers proclaimed they get healthier (with nicotine fix) than smoking cigarette (inhale tar/ash/etc).

    ps:
    many of e-cig smokers' non-smoker bubbies, wivies, girlfriends n others also proclaimed there r no 2nd hand smoking effects n cigarette smells on them.
    i'm not advertising for anyone but make everyone aware there r such products in the world.
    refillers for e-cig is nicotine mixed with 3~5% of natural oil, giving smokers the nicotine kick just by inhaling the fume without the other bad stuffs from burning tobacco.

    http://electronics.collectiblesxgift...ift-fo-smoker/

    http://www.ndtv.com/article/world/a-...from-it-487322
    Last edited by stsoh; 24-02-2014 at 09:56 PM.

  8. #8
    wait4me
    my friend's , friend is my enemy
    SBF Lacer wait4me's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    the far east
    Posts
    39,737
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SimpleRider View Post
    If so, then our Finance Minister made a blunder by saying that "not gone up for almost a decade"?!

    then how come nobody made noise/comment about this?
    what was that statement made based on?
    i dun think he smokes that's why lol
    Jus like accidents rates are always motorcycle faults all because some one high up is making a decision not based on him riding a bike
    一路向北 4 EVER , my friend



  9. #9
    wait4me
    my friend's , friend is my enemy
    SBF Lacer wait4me's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    the far east
    Posts
    39,737
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ah786786 View Post
    But the thing is,Even the smoking cessation and the quit smoking kits(eg.nicotine patch) are quite Ex...
    I know some say its will power,but still for those who want to quit i feel the assistance should be given.
    I have alot of the troubles with will power to quit, so tried the medical approach thru polyclinic programme,the medicine that helps to reduce craving was quite ex....
    when they ban it. I believe u have no choice but to quit haha right?
    一路向北 4 EVER , my friend



  10. #10
    MR BIKER
    statue but not status
    TeePee MR BIKER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1,932
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I wonder why in america or england , i cannot or dont see like ours about price increase of tobbacco or alcohol

  11. #11
    ah786786
    has no status.
    Class 2
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Outram
    Posts
    1,462
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Income For Goverment quoted, "The hikes on cigarettes and tobacco will net the Government $70 million more a year. Liquor levies will add $120 million and betting $255 million."

     

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •