jbdoggy
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jestino View Post
    Hey Jbdoggy! I passed my 2A TP on 29/4. So yeah burden is done! Anyway I stay around Ubi nearby to your area. Can meet up for kopi session man, anyway all the best for your L3.
    Passed alredi?? Congrats & well done bro! Hope to follow in your footsteps soon!

Super 4 coming up??

Ride safe!
    I am the wisest man alive, for I know one thing, and that is that I know nothing - Socrates

jbdoggy
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

L3 cleared today. Test on 8th July.
    I am the wisest man alive, for I know one thing, and that is that I know nothing - Socrates

Stealth123
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jbdoggy View Post
    Congrats!!!!

jbdoggy
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stealth123 View Post
    Congrats!!!!
    Thanks. Last time during 2b, the obsession was identifying plank bikes. Now the obsession is identifying bumpy bikes! haha

1 more week to enrollment for you right? Dun worrylah.... very fast can clear. My friend cleared 2 lessons in 4 days. But then again he is working flexi hours.

plank is easier to do with 2a bike cos heavier & wider tyres, so more stable. Slalom jus need a bit of adjustment frm 2b method to allow for wider crash bars - Go out wider & dive in lower. F8 & crank still the same - jus dont open/close throttle. Maintain constant only. Throttle a bit jumpy so wont be smooth if open/close.

Bumpy?? Ah! still trying to figure it out!! haha.... some bikes very very swee, some bikes a bit fast, some bikes always stall. But my fren used 1 which i say always stall & he said its ok! lol

Good luck & enjoy your future lessons!

Jestino
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Congrats bro! Now you just have to wait and practice more.
    I love humanity but I hate people.The more I see of man,the more I like dogs.

Stealth123
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeh.. One more week! I had a friend who just cleared his 2A... Also had issues with the bumpy ride.

I have not scanned thru the earlier posts yet... But for 2A, do people give the lesson tips like in 2b?

Thanks. Last time during 2b, the obsession was identifying plank bikes. Now the obsession is identifying bumpy bikes! haha

1 more week to enrollment for you right? Dun worrylah.... very fast can clear. My friend cleared 2 lessons in 4 days. But then again he is working flexi hours.

plank is easier to do with 2a bike cos heavier & wider tyres, so more stable. Slalom jus need a bit of adjustment frm 2b method to allow for wider crash bars - Go out wider & dive in lower. F8 & crank still the same - jus dont open/close throttle. Maintain constant only. Throttle a bit jumpy so wont be smooth if open/close.

Bumpy?? Ah! still trying to figure it out!! haha.... some bikes very very swee, some bikes a bit fast, some bikes always stall. But my fren used 1 which i say always stall & he said its ok! lol

Good luck & enjoy your future lessons!

jbdoggy
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jestino View Post
    Congrats bro! Now you just have to wait and practice more.
    Thks bro. Ya...I hv my work cut out for me as far as bumpy is concerned.

jbdoggy
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

double entry

jbdoggy
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeh.. One more week! I had a friend who just cleared his 2A... Also had issues with the bumpy ride.

I have not scanned thru the earlier posts yet... But for 2A, do people give the lesson tips like in 2b?
    No there isnt. But not a problem cos actually its jus a rehash of the things we did in 2b. So if you have been riding the last 1 yr, shouldnt be any problems clearing the 6 2b obstacles. The extra weight & broader tyres of the 2a bike is worth at least a sec for plank. The new additional thing to the 6 is the bumpy course. But there is a thread somewhere in this forum dedicated to just the bumpy course. Just google it out & you will find it.

L1 - hill start, plank, slalom
    L2 -F8, crank, ebrake, bumpy.
    L3 - evaluation (just like L5)

jbdoggy
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

double entry

Stealth123
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Enrolled on the 2A journey today... be seeing you folks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tango88
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi all, I'm staying at Pasir ris.

I've read that ssdc is a better place to enrol for classes due to ample lesson slots. However, the distance to travel to and from ssdc from my place is giving me second thoughts of enrolling there. I took my 2b at cdc. It's hard to book slots and it's so crowded.

In your opinion, is it worth the travel time to ssdc and back for me for 2A? Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Tango88; 26-05-2016 at 07:28 AM.

Jestino
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tango88 View Post
    Hi all, I'm staying at Pasir ris.

I've read that ssdc is a better place to enrol for classes due to ample lesson slots. However, the distance to travel to and from ssdc from my place is giving me second thoughts of enrolling there. I took my 2b at cdc. It's hard to book slots and it's so crowded there.

In your opinion, is it worth the travel time to ssdc and back for me for 2A? Thanks in advance.
    Depends. Are you willing to travel further? If not, then don't. For me, I'm abit kiasu due to CDC having lesser slots. I book 2 slots for one prac, so if I fail there's another booked slot ready for me. But so far for my 2A journey all pracs passed with first try, thankfully. So yeah, if you book 2 slots for one prac, shouldn't be an issue with lesson slots. Just do your best and show your effort to the instructors.

simeone82
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yah the distance to woodlands is far. I took about 15 to 20 mins even when driving. But coming back home was like abit faster.
    CDC is near my home but i still drag my as back to SSDC. Another reason i be going there is to try the new CB400F.

jbdoggy
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was tempted abt ssdc & the bigger bikes & all but the distance was the deal breaker. Cdc is only a 5 min ride from my office.

Anyway from my own experience, no problem with slots. Theres always something going on every week.

simeone82
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was tempted abt ssdc & the bigger bikes & all but the distance was the deal breaker. Cdc is only a 5 min ride from my office.

Anyway from my own experience, no problem with slots. Theres always something going on every week.
    May I check with you if the slots are good say every week have lesson?

Stealth123
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by simeone82 View Post
    May I check with you if the slots are good say every week have lesson?
    Similar to 2b ... Have to camp out at the website to see when people cancel their lessons. Lessons are lesser than the 2b slots naturally..

I signed up last Friday 20 May - first lesson will be 26 May. Theory 2 June... So agree with jbdoggy - every week will have something on..

simeone82
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Stealth123 so your first lesson tomorrow lo Enjoy your lesson!

Stealth123
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Think I need to take back what I said abt having to camp at the website for slots.. I only had the issue with lesson 1. Lesson 2 onwards no issues alreadyxxz

Stealth123
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just wondering - the 2A TP, is it like the 2B one? The foreigners go first then Singaporeans?
    Also, for those that have taken their TP, can share how many people are there in a test ... and if there are any differences from the 2B experience?

di_andrei
    waitinggg
    Class 2B
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Class 2 and 2A have their TP together. Number of candidates is lower than your typical 2B day - maybe 20-30? Class 2 starts with pushing the dummy bike around the figure 8 while class 2A just watches. The order is the same as 2B - in order of IC (foreigners and older people first).

Stealth123
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by di_andrei View Post
    Class 2 and 2A have their TP together. Number of candidates is lower than your typical 2B day - maybe 20-30? Class 2 starts with pushing the dummy bike around the figure 8 while class 2A just watches. The order is the same as 2B - in order of IC (foreigners and older people first).
    Thank you!! definitely helps with what to expect!

jbdoggy
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mr Bahtera told me nos 1-10 will be for cl2. So for 2a we start frm 11 onwards.

Stealth123
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mr Bahtera told me nos 1-10 will be for cl2. So for 2a we start frm 11 onwards.
    few more weeks to TP jbdoggy! how?? Nervous?

jbdoggy
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

few more weeks to TP jbdoggy! how?? Nervous?
    What few more weeks?? 2 more weeks left to D-Day mate!

2a is quite a different feeling frm 2b. 2b i felt very confident but I had a certain pressure (I must die die do it). But now I dont have that pressure cos even if fail (touch wood) I still hv my 2b & that is still the most important thing for now. But thats not to say that i dont wanna pass. I want to & I'll try my hardest, but failure wont bother me. It would bother me lots during 2b tho! haha... Am I making sense to you?

Overall Im pretty confident abt all the obstacles except bumpy. So hopefully I can avoid bikes 142, 147 & 148 as they stall a lot. If not I would jus 'zoom' across & do a 5 sec 1 & gv away 4 pts. The best bumpy bikes (for me) are 149 & 150, will make it 9/11 tries. 147 & 149 will make it abt 6-7/12 -not a v good stat there.

I take it youre now waiting for test now?

Jestino
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

2a is quite a different feeling frm 2b. 2b i felt very confident but I had a certain pressure (I must die die do it). But now I dont have that pressure cos even if fail (touch wood) I still hv my 2b & that is still the most important thing for now. But thats not to say that i dont wanna pass. I want to & I'll try my hardest, but failure wont bother me. It would bother me lots during 2b tho! haha... Am I making sense to you?

Overall Im pretty confident abt all the obstacles except bumpy. So hopefully I can avoid bikes 142, 147 & 148 as they stall a lot. If not I would jus 'zoom' across & do a 5 sec 1 & gv away 4 pts. The best bumpy bikes (for me) are 149 & 150, will make it 9/11 tries. 147 & 149 will make it abt 6-7/12 -not a v good stat there.

Sadly, you can't choose your bike for TP The instructor will prep any bike infront for you during the real test.

And yeah those bikes always stall even when you dont release your clutch. I stall thrice when stationary during TP. HAHAHAHAHA!

anyway all the best for your D-Day mate.

Stealth123
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heh heh... Yeh, I know what U mean. Last time 2b dun pass - cannot ride. Dun pass 2a not the same impact.

I took 147 on my first lesson 3. It was raining.. I stalled and stalled... Ended up with 4 immediate failures!

Yeh currently waiting for test. Mine is exactly a month after yours...

jbdoggy
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Jestino. Thanks mate. I need all the luck I can get on that day. Didnt hv a good cr session today. 1st half ok, 2nd half bike kept stalling all the time for bumpy. Bike 145.

Looks like i have to abandon my blipping method. Going to try clutch slightly less then biting point, constant throttle (2-3k revs) & rear brake play next, or even ride the rear brake. Jus that i kno there are maybe abt 2 bikes the rear brake is almost gone! haha...

@Stealth123 All the best mate! Practice practice practice!

jbdoggy
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Passed my test today!

All the best to those taking test in the coming weeks!

Stealth123
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Passed my test today!

All the best to those taking test in the coming weeks!
    Hey!! Congrats!!! Any weak spots?
    Did you get to choose a bike? Pray say YES.. Hahahahhahahahaha

jbdoggy
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey!! Congrats!!! Any weak spots?
    Did you get to choose a bike? Pray say YES.. Hahahahhahahahaha
    Thks. Weak spots?? You mean where I had demerits is it?

Kena 4+2 at blindwall junction at the very start -forgot to chk bk right & delay in moving off (jus cos i decided to wait for a car on the left & 1 at filter lane coming in to pass. moved off only when i saw them like slowing down). Just remember rule of thumb - abt 3 or more car lengths away, its ok to go (aftr judging their speed, of course).

4pts - failure to chk traffic at crank exit. I saw nothing but Mr Bahtera said there was. But key point is that just a cursory glance is not good enough. Need to take some time to double confirm. So turn your head more & look to your right that wee bit longer. (dont forget the front also tho!) In any case you ought to be slowing down already there....so plenty of time for all scans!

4 pts - wobbling when changing lane. Either after crank exit moving to right lane or when moving back into left lane aftr the f8 queue. I really dunno. I didnt even kno i wobbled. But there was this 1 uncle who lane split past us while I was in queue! He failed!

2 pts - wobbling during start/stopping at slope. Its either cos when i stopped the front very slightly dived (not smooth enough) or when i did my hill start the bike went a slight bit left. Jus remember a front dive when stopping is counted as a wobble.

But all in all from this experience & my 2b - expect the unexpected. You may catch yourself doing certain mistakes/lapses & think other parts are ok, but results will show you being caught in parts that you thought were ok & your supposed mistakes are not caught or only 1-2 are actually caught.

& yes.... you get to choose your bike. The bikes are all laid out for you. just choose whatever is there for you. I chose that 1 lonely 1 at the back of the pack (144). 1 of my faves!

There are abt 10 2a bikes. So if youre one of the older testees, you jus come back & park bike in the ctr of the nursery for the remaing younger testees. Instructor in charge will motion to you as you come in.

25 of us testees in total. 12 cl2 & 13 2a. 22/25 passed.

Number of rounds of warmups i think is subject to who the instructor in charge is. I had Mr Bahtera for both my 2b &2a tests. So 2 rounds of warm up. I had mates who had other instructors, they had 1 round only. Im hoping to get him again for my cl2 test nxt yr as he seems to bring me luck! Both tests i expected to fail but end up passing!! hahahaha....

Stealth123
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thks. Weak spots?? You mean where I had demerits is it?

Kena 4+2 at blindwall junction at the very start -forgot to chk bk right & delay in moving off (jus cos i decided to wait for a car on the left & 1 at filter lane coming in to pass. moved off only when i saw them like slowing down). Just remember rule of thumb - abt 3 or more car lengths away, its ok to go (aftr judging their speed, of course).

4pts - failure to chk traffic at crank exit. I saw nothing but Mr Bahtera said there was. But key point is that just a cursory glance is not good enough. Need to take some time to double confirm. So turn your head more & look to your right that wee bit longer. (dont forget the front also tho!) In any case you ought to be slowing down already there....so plenty of time for all scans!

4 pts - wobbling when changing lane. Either after crank exit moving to right lane or when moving back into left lane aftr the f8 queue. I really dunno. I didnt even kno i wobbled. But there was this 1 uncle who lane split past us while I was in queue! He failed!

2 pts - wobbling during start/stopping at slope. Its either cos when i stopped the front very slightly dived (not smooth enough) or when i did my hill start the bike went a slight bit left. Jus remember a front dive when stopping is counted as a wobble.

But all in all from this experience & my 2b - expect the unexpected. You may catch yourself doing certain mistakes/lapses & think other parts are ok, but results will show you being caught in parts that you thought were ok & your supposed mistakes are not caught or only 1-2 are actually caught.

& yes.... you get to choose your bike. The bikes are all laid out for you. just choose whatever is there for you. I chose that 1 lonely 1 at the back of the pack (144). 1 of my faves!

There are abt 10 2a bikes. So if youre one of the older testees, you jus come back & park bike in the ctr of the nursery for the remaing younger testees. Instructor in charge will motion to you as you come in.

25 of us testees in total. 12 cl2 & 13 2a. 22/25 passed.

Number of rounds of warmups i think is subject to who the instructor in charge is. I had Mr Bahtera for both my 2b &2a tests. So 2 rounds of warm up. I had mates who had other instructors, they had 1 round only. Im hoping to get him again for my cl2 test nxt yr as he seems to bring me luck! Both tests i expected to fail but end up passing!! hahahaha....
    16 points! Omg buddy... Close shave! Also - looked like u were very steady on the plank and the bumpy!!

And Gosh..... The most happy part.. U get to choose bikes!!! I tell u .. Some of the bikes are master stallers!!

How is the traffic? Lots of cars? Do we actually meet any other bikes while doing the test? Is the cross junction with the traffic light (as you are turning towards the slope) congested on test day?

The first time I did my L3.. I was so kancheong, I saw the bike ahead clear the plank, I went and did the plank (without the blinker)... Immediate failure!

jbdoggy
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

16 points! Omg buddy... Close shave! Also - looked like u were very steady on the plank and the bumpy!!

And Gosh..... The most happy part.. U get to choose bikes!!! I tell u .. Some of the bikes are master stallers!!

How is the traffic? Lots of cars? Do we actually meet any other bikes while doing the test? Is the cross junction with the traffic light (as you are turning towards the slope) congested on test day?

The first time I did my L3.. I was so kancheong, I saw the bike ahead clear the plank, I went and did the plank (without the blinker)... Immediate failure!
    I expected 4 pts for plank cos i thot i was too fast. The bike like just refused to slow down! But very surprisingly no demerits there. I was told the very strictest of the strict tester was at the plank; must be an 8.01 sec plank then haha.

I expected 2 pts for delay in moving off for start of ebrake or worse. I was too engrossed watching the drama of someone falling down during bumpy & instructors on duty helping him up that i lost sight of the blinker lights! hahahaha.... The tester must hv gotten impatient cos he gave me a hand signal instead!! But no demerits there.

Bumpy - I clutch slightly less then biting point + constant light throttle + ride the rear brake. Very consistent & very good timings too! Gv yourslf a cr or 2 to get used to this! I think for our 2a its the only way to be consistent for bumpy due to the way some bikes are (always stalling). leave the throttle blipping method for next year when we can learn to ride on the 600cc bikes.

Traffic wise there were cars but still no where near the kind of busy on a normal lesson day. You only meet your fellow testees at the various stations & junctions. eg i was 4th bike at slope.

All the testers are very high tech haha... they carry touch screen laptops or something at their booths. Your result slip is printed out with your scores, the mistake type & the station number where it occurred. 1 is blindwall junction, 2 is slope, 3 is F8/crank. 4 is plank/slalom & 5 is ebrake/bumpy.

Stealth123
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I expected 4 pts for plank cos i thot i was too fast. The bike like just refused to slow down! But very surprisingly no demerits there. I was told the very strictest of the strict tester was at the plank; must be an 8.01 sec plank then haha.

I expected 2 pts for delay in moving off for start of ebrake or worse. I was too engrossed watching the drama of someone falling down during bumpy & instructors on duty helping him up that i lost sight of the blinker lights! hahahaha.... The tester must hv gotten impatient cos he gave me a hand signal instead!! But no demerits there.

Bumpy - I clutch slightly less then biting point + constant light throttle + ride the rear brake. Very consistent & very good timings too! Gv yourslf a cr or 2 to get used to this! I think for our 2a its the only way to be consistent for bumpy due to the way some bikes are (always stalling). leave the throttle blipping method for next year when we can learn to ride on the 600cc bikes.

Traffic wise there were cars but still no where near the kind of busy on a normal lesson day. You only meet your fellow testees at the various stations & junctions. eg i was 4th bike at slope.

All the testers are very high tech haha... they carry touch screen laptops or something at their booths. Your result slip is printed out with your scores, the mistake type & the station number where it occurred. 1 is blindwall junction, 2 is slope, 3 is F8/crank. 4 is plank/slalom & 5 is ebrake/bumpy.
    4th bike on the slope! That's quite a crowd already!

Good tip on the bumpy. I had tried blipping before - and had stalled often on the bumpy..

Omg - just reading your experience makes me all excited!! 1 more month till d-day for me.

So what plans with the 2a in the pocket? Upgrading?

Next year we meet again for our class 2. Darn, it's one painful climb to the top!

jbdoggy
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

4th bike on the slope! That's quite a crowd already!

Good tip on the bumpy. I had tried blipping before - and had stalled often on the bumpy..

Omg - just reading your experience makes me all excited!! 1 more month till d-day for me.

So what plans with the 2a in the pocket? Upgrading?

Next year we meet again for our class 2. Darn, it's one painful climb to the top!
    Ya quite a bike crowd at the ramp but shows you jus how free from cars the road was in the 1st place.

Im not sure if youre aware yet - the partial biting point can also act as an additional brake. So when you go up the plank, just clutch in that wee bit & the bike slows down & doesnt pull forwards as much. For bumpy, the partial biting point prevents full transmission of engine power to the rear wheel due to clutch slip. Thats why on the better bikes, & if you do it correctly, 1 blip doesnt drive you over 2-3 bumps in 1 go. So its a useful clutch point to know.

1 more mth to d-day? Good.... use that time to practice practice practice.

Nay....im not upgrading. Save $$ for a daytona or a 600rr nxt yr. Besides.....my sp already has more power then the sch 2a bikes haha. No sense to spend $$ on say an R3 jus to get abt equivalent max power & not worth it to spend abt 6-8k on say a 2nd hand super 4 which has abt 13hp more then the sp. The sp is such a great commuting bike & can squeeze into places where an R15 cant. So im definitely hanging on to it. Cl2 bike for joyriding, sp for work, errands & pak tor! Thats the general plan anyway.

simeone82
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ya quite a bike crowd at the ramp but shows you jus how free from cars the road was in the 1st place.

Im not sure if youre aware yet - the partial biting point can also act as an additional brake. So when you go up the plank, just clutch in that wee bit & the bike slows down & doesnt pull forwards as much. For bumpy, the partial biting point prevents full transmission of engine power to the rear wheel due to clutch slip. Thats why on the better bikes, & if you do it correctly, 1 blip doesnt drive you over 2-3 bumps in 1 go. So its a useful clutch point to know.

Nay....im not upgrading. Save $$ for a daytona or a 600rr nxt yr. Besides.....my sp already has more power then the sch 2a bikes haha. No sense to spend $$ on say an R3 jus to get abt equivalent max power & not worth it to spend abt 6-8k on say a 2nd hand super 4 which has abt 13hp more then the sp. The sp is such a great commuting bike & can squeeze into places where an R15 cant. So im definitely hanging on to it. Cl2 bike for joyriding, sp for work, errands & pak tor! Thats the general plan anyway.
    Congrats on your class2a test! nice reading your experience.

jbdoggy
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by simeone82 View Post
    Congrats on your class2a test! nice reading your experience.
    Thanks. Twas a big relief to actually make it. Imagine.... another 4 pt mistake & its curtains liao! Still sore abt the 8 pts at station 3. Thought they were very debatable & harsh penalties. The stupid 6 pts at the blindwall junction were entirely my fault w/o doubt.

Anyway its hoped that by sharing the experience, others may be able to take note of where i went wrong & do better than me on their day.

On a happier note....good riddance to the sch 2a bikes!!

Your turn to enroll coming soon right?

Stealth123
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Time passes fast had my TP today - passed ... See you next year JBDOGGY!

jbdoggy
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Time passes fast had my TP today - passed ... See you next year JBDOGGY!
    Congrats & Well done mate! Hope you had a better time overall then me! Super 4 coming up next?

Stealth123
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm - I had a funny demerit during my TP - failure to maintain a half standing position. That was a costly 6 points. Had others like delayed move off... Total 14 points.

Also, there were a few cars in the circuit that morning - and some of them would wave you to give you the right of way. Here - it's a trust game - should you move and their student also decide to do the same... I Guess that spells an IF...

Dun think I will buy a 2A bike - like you, I'll wait a bit until class 2 next year...

Congrats & Well done mate! Hope you had a better time overall then me! Super 4 coming up next?

hushpuppy
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cdc TP wait time is crazy 2months, they just want to earn my revision $$$

hushpuppy
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what's the difference between revision and re-training?

jbdoggy
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey hushpuppy

so we meet again.... wah so fast u waitg for test already ah? didnt seem that long ago when you just passed 2b!

They also earn from our membership fees. charge us 1 year but we complete in 3mths or so.

Retraining is 1 session you hv to book if you fail test. w/o it you cant rebook test.

hushpuppy
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi jbdoggy,

I passed last year august. 2A needs some getting used to coz I'm riding auto bike. Was lucky to pass the first 3 lessons, still bad with figure 8.

The wait really makes me feel being sucked slowly for all the revision lessons....

Hey hushpuppy

so we meet again.... wah so fast u waitg for test already ah? didnt seem that long ago when you just passed 2b!

They also earn from our membership fees. charge us 1 year but we complete in 3mths or so.

Retraining is 1 session you hv to book if you fail test. w/o it you cant rebook test.

victorp
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hushpuppy View Post
    Hi jbdoggy,

I passed last year august. 2A needs some getting used to coz I'm riding auto bike. Was lucky to pass the first 3 lessons, still bad with figure 8.

The wait really makes me feel being sucked slowly for all the revision lessons....
    Hi, can share when is your test date?

hushpuppy
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by victorp View Post
    Hi, can share when is your test date?
    18th Nov, long wait

jbdoggy
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

18th Nov, long wait
    All the best mate. If all your obstacles are ok, then just be very careful with procedures & general riding at the blindwall junction (Stn 1) & F8/crank (Stn 3). I had a whopping 16 pts just from those 2 stations alone. Read my experiences in some of the earlier posts to know what i mean.

Twas funny during my test wait. I thought the 2 mths passed so quickly! Most probably cos I was sooo caught up with work until i lost all track of time. Then 1 fine day I looked at my calender & was like... OMG! Its jus next week??!! haha

hushpuppy
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I passed! I was lucky coz I made quite a few mistakes but guess it was unnoticed

All the best mate. If all your obstacles are ok, then just be very careful with procedures & general riding at the blindwall junction (Stn 1) & F8/crank (Stn 3). I had a whopping 16 pts just from those 2 stations alone. Read my experiences in some of the earlier posts to know what i mean.

Twas funny during my test wait. I thought the 2 mths passed so quickly! Most probably cos I was sooo caught up with work until i lost all track of time. Then 1 fine day I looked at my calender & was like... OMG! Its jus next week??!! haha

jbdoggy
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I passed! I was lucky coz I made quite a few mistakes but guess it was unnoticed
    Congrats & well done mate! Upgrading your machine soon or wait until next year?

hushpuppy
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congrats & well done mate! Upgrading your machine soon or wait until next year?
    Not decided yet, did u upgrade?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast