User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 151

Thread: Current COE system hurts motorcyclists too

  1. #1
    berlin82
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    16
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Current COE system hurts motorcyclists too



    Current COE system hurts motorcyclists too

    FROM IAN TAN YONG HOE
    PUBLISHED IN TODAY ONLINE: MARCH 22, 4:13 AM

    Between 2003 and last year, the number of cars in Singapore jumped from 405,300 to 621,300, a 53 per cent increase. In that period, the number of motorcycles rose from 134,800 to 144,300, a 7 per cent increase.

    Cars form 64 per cent of the total vehicle population now, and motorcycles, 15 per cent.

    Despite the minimal impact of motorcycles on congestion and pollution, the Certificate of Entitlement (COE) premium for such vehicles has increased 240 per cent to S$4,300 over the past four months.

    While the Land Transport Authority (LTA) is right to correct the over-supply of COEs in the past decade, its one-size-fits-all formula for capping vehicle growth is hurting motorcyclists and industry players.

    In a country where the wage gap issue looms over many heartland discussions, the price of motorcycle COEs today hits even harder on lower-income groups.

    Nearly 74 per cent of motorcycles here are Class 2B bikes (200cc and below); many of these riders tend to be low-income earners who cannot afford a car. For those who work as despatch riders or have to travel to industrial areas that are poorly served by public transport, their motorcycles are essential.

    The current quota premium for motorcycles is almost the cost of a new Class 2B motorcycle, and many low-income earners are being priced out of the market. Soon, it could be a preposterous but increasingly real situation that only the well-off can own cars or motorcycles.

    In the case of cars, the debate over COE prices has been hot and furious. One has not heard public outcry over motorcycles because the riding community does not have a strong voice.

    Yet, Singapore’s small size is a perennial problem, and motorcycles have been an efficient transport solution for years. They are also greener than cars, often enjoying low fuel consumption and cleaner emissions, and use up less parking space. While some riders have poor road manners and can be a nuisance, most are law-abiding and safe road users.

    The LTA should re-examine how its policies are hurting those who have not contributed to Singapore’s road congestion problem but are now paying a high price, literally and figuratively.

    Source: http://www.todayonline.com/voices/cu...orcyclists-too

  2. #2
    tionghan
    track & trail
    Class 2A tionghan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    533
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    so right about we do not have a strong voice.. but then again, so what if we have? will the gov listen? i doubt so.

    here we are at the busiest motorcycle forum in singapore. i believe if anything has to happen it starts here. like a petition, or a strong voice.
    speed and be home 5 mins early or 7 days late.

     

     
  3. #3
    MR BIKER
    statue but not status
    TeePee MR BIKER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1,922
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I really hope someone high up in lta or even minister of transport or even pm readdddd the today paper. But the article is a good writing and i hope we riders can pool togerther and submit our signatures to somebody

  4. #4
    theblackmamba
    check out the free stuff thread
    SBF Lacer
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    5,414
    Feedback Score
    39 (100%)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    vote PAP this is what you get. suck thumb and do NS

  5. #5
    echris108
    tricycle rider
    Class 2B
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    411
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    everyone should put comment online at today the post on facebook.so it can spread to as many as possible til it cannot go un notice!because wats posted is reali logical!

  6. #6
    Silent Hunter
    has no status.
    SBF Lacer Silent Hunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Singapore, Yishun
    Posts
    5,131
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Shared.
    Motorcyclist are the nicest people on the road, try not to kill us.

  7. #7
    ki113r
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,764
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Just received a letter from LTA as my COE expires in May 2014. PQP for April is $3,256.00 whereas March is $2,474. Guess I gotta renew by 31 Mar to save $800 lol.


    2004 - 2005 FR1284A ~ NSR150SP (FILA Paintwork)
    2012 - 2013 FS7810L ~ NSR150SP (Pure White)
    2013 - 2015 FBE9955K ~ Spec 3 (Pearl White)
    2015 - ???? Quit riding

  8. #8
    denser
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    64
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    imagine whole SG bikers on road strike, ride around the land to protest, wow that definite will create very loud sound

  9. #9
    eesymerej
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    154
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by denser View Post
    imagine whole SG bikers on road strike, ride around the land to protest, wow that definite will create very loud sound
    SG strike? That's a real big joke. Singaporeans are just a bunch of keyboard warriors. All talk, bark with no bite.

    Sent from my C6833 using Tapatalk

  10. #10
    theblackmamba
    check out the free stuff thread
    SBF Lacer
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    5,414
    Feedback Score
    39 (100%)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    PAP = COE

    get rid of the source

  11. #11
    echris108
    tricycle rider
    Class 2B
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    411
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ki113r View Post
    Just received a letter from LTA as my COE expires in May 2014. PQP for April is $3,256.00 whereas March is $2,474. Guess I gotta renew by 31 Mar to save $800 lol.
    mine expire at sept 2014.so u mean if i renew now is 2474?

     

     
  12. #12
    NovaBeng
    has no status.
    Class 2A
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Central East
    Posts
    527
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    if you renew under march meaning your COE will extend up to 31 March 2024 @ $2474. Unless you want to try wait until sept PQP which is dunno $XXXX COE until end Sept 2024.
    Aprilia RS125 '01 FT2630S - Mar 08 ~ Mar 10
    Yamaha YZF R6 '03 FW3991C - Mar 10 ~ Aug 11
    Honda VTR1000 SP1 '00 FS4115E - Jan 11 ~ Mar 13
    Ducati 749S '04 FX***** - Mar 13 ~ Present


    Shake it~ sexy baby~


  13. #13
    MR BIKER
    statue but not status
    TeePee MR BIKER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1,922
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I called up LTA. a pinoy lady answered. I asked very simple: if i were to go to LTA to renew today, will my PQP be for March or April price. she went around the bush. i asked again. if i go today and renew my pqp today , which month will i buy, march or april. she still dont understand me. march is 24++ and april is 3+++. i told her obviusly i dont want to pay the expensive wnat. so can i pay march one. she didint answer yes. she just kept hiding behind the bush

  14. #14
    ki113r
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,764
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    If renew by 31 March 2014, then PQP will be $2,474.


    2004 - 2005 FR1284A ~ NSR150SP (FILA Paintwork)
    2012 - 2013 FS7810L ~ NSR150SP (Pure White)
    2013 - 2015 FBE9955K ~ Spec 3 (Pearl White)
    2015 - ???? Quit riding

  15. #15
    theblackmamba
    check out the free stuff thread
    SBF Lacer
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    5,414
    Feedback Score
    39 (100%)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    LTA also hire PInoy? .........PAP REALLY REALLY Loves foreigners.

  16. #16
    echris108
    tricycle rider
    Class 2B
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    411
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i just renewed mine today.heart pained.2.5k gone just at a clink.dun wait til sept liao.

  17. #17
    faun
    has no status.
    Class 2B faun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    west of sg
    Posts
    360
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    two wheels bike coe can share with car four wheels lta sucks $$$$$

  18. #18
    MR BIKER
    statue but not status
    TeePee MR BIKER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1,922
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I AM VERY SURE SHE IS PINOY. i have called LTA twice. last month a malay lady asnwered and gave me the wrong advice. i said i will lose out 134 month of coe. but i told what happened if i raised very high in future. last month was only PQP $19++. sheesh
    Quote Originally Posted by theblackmamba View Post
    LTA also hire PInoy? .........PAP REALLY REALLY Loves foreigners.

  19. #19
    NovaBeng
    has no status.
    Class 2A
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Central East
    Posts
    527
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Lucky i renewed mine on Jan 2014 @ $179X when i saw Feb PQP was $19XX. Knew something going to happen.
    Aprilia RS125 '01 FT2630S - Mar 08 ~ Mar 10
    Yamaha YZF R6 '03 FW3991C - Mar 10 ~ Aug 11
    Honda VTR1000 SP1 '00 FS4115E - Jan 11 ~ Mar 13
    Ducati 749S '04 FX***** - Mar 13 ~ Present


    Shake it~ sexy baby~


  20. #20
    ki113r
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,764
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NovaBeng View Post
    Lucky i renewed mine on Jan 2014 @ $179X when i saw Feb PQP was $19XX. Knew something going to happen.
    Thought of renewing in Jan also. But Jan over budget coz of CNY & 2 x holiday trips in Dec & Feb. Now gotta pay $2.4k


    2004 - 2005 FR1284A ~ NSR150SP (FILA Paintwork)
    2012 - 2013 FS7810L ~ NSR150SP (Pure White)
    2013 - 2015 FBE9955K ~ Spec 3 (Pearl White)
    2015 - ???? Quit riding

  21. #21
    MR BIKER
    statue but not status
    TeePee MR BIKER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1,922
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Just went to renew. saturday. very fast. first in the line. by 810am all done. yahoo. hope i can ride my bike another 10 years. knowing my character, i hope this one will be with me for a long time.

     

     
  22. #22
    logen1836
    is not a
    SBF Lacer logen1836's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Central,SG
    Posts
    7,332
    Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NovaBeng View Post
    Lucky i renewed mine on Jan 2014 @ $179X when i saw Feb PQP was $19XX. Knew something going to happen.
    I did the same thing too.
    Called LTA hot line and checked the price. Did my renewal on 31st Jan 2014.

  23. #23
    ki113r
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,764
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MR BIKER View Post
    Just went to renew. saturday. very fast. first in the line. by 810am all done. yahoo. hope i can ride my bike another 10 years. knowing my character, i hope this one will be with me for a long time.
    Actually no need go there Q. I did it at home, through Onemotoring.


    2004 - 2005 FR1284A ~ NSR150SP (FILA Paintwork)
    2012 - 2013 FS7810L ~ NSR150SP (Pure White)
    2013 - 2015 FBE9955K ~ Spec 3 (Pearl White)
    2015 - ???? Quit riding

  24. #24
    MR BIKER
    statue but not status
    TeePee MR BIKER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1,922
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I know. my previous bike i did that way almsot 2 years ago. but doing because i lost my gadget for the ibanking and lack of time, i went to lta .

  25. #25
    NovaBeng
    has no status.
    Class 2A
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Central East
    Posts
    527
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by logen1836 View Post
    I did the same thing too.
    Called LTA hot line and checked the price. Did my renewal on 31st Jan 2014.
    lol... really lucky and now LL continue ride until COE end. future also dunno COE will up to how much. scarly 2024 COE 10k+++ already.
    Aprilia RS125 '01 FT2630S - Mar 08 ~ Mar 10
    Yamaha YZF R6 '03 FW3991C - Mar 10 ~ Aug 11
    Honda VTR1000 SP1 '00 FS4115E - Jan 11 ~ Mar 13
    Ducati 749S '04 FX***** - Mar 13 ~ Present


    Shake it~ sexy baby~


  26. #26
    ah786786
    has no status.
    Class 2
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Outram
    Posts
    1,462
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    some sources say "THEY" targeting ard $7-10k mark for motor COE.

  27. #27
    soulforger
    has no status.
    L Plate soulforger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    15
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    If $7-10k, the bike COE is going to be more expensive than the bike itself...

  28. #28
    MR BIKER
    statue but not status
    TeePee MR BIKER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1,922
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by soulforger View Post
    If $7-10k, the bike COE is going to be more expensive than the bike itself...
    hehehehhe. the garment say " isnt it like many of the cars nowadays. take a standard toyota corolla which is about 40k which the make a comparison recently of many countries

  29. #29
    Jehuty
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    3,183
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MR BIKER View Post
    hehehehhe. the garment say " isnt it like many of the cars nowadays. take a standard toyota corolla which is about 40k which the make a comparison recently of many countries
    Lets all pray the PAP gets impeached.

  30. #30
    blacksilver
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    62
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    No downward trend insight yet and price is now heading towards 7~10k target. I hope the New transport Minister hears the people, especially the 70% mandate. My Paper this week featured article on bike COEs being transferred to Cars around twelve yars ago when it was $1...

  31. #31
    wait4me
    my friend's , friend is my enemy
    SBF Lacer wait4me's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    the far east
    Posts
    39,739
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blacksilver View Post
    No downward trend insight yet and price is now heading towards 7~10k target. I hope the New transport Minister hears the people, especially the 70% mandate. My Paper this week featured article on bike COEs being transferred to Cars around twelve yars ago when it was $1...
    Wa Khaw .. let me enjoy my honeymoon period la ,

    i got disgruntled public transport ppl ,
    disgruntled cyclist
    and now disgruntled motor cyclist
    一路向北 4 EVER , my friend



     

     
  32. #32
    blacksilver
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    62
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Motorcycle owners have no power in Parliament, no voice.
    That's my perception,
    Want to be happy,just pay and pay...more.seems like that's the best way here,u want the best..anything, u need to pay for it....

  33. #33
    kzone
    has no status.
    Class 2
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,135
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blacksilver View Post
    Motorcycle owners have no power in Parliament, no voice.
    That's my perception,
    Want to be happy,just pay and pay...more.seems like that's the best way here,u want the best..anything, u need to pay for it....
    if we have a voice in parliament, wat will u expect?
    better enforcement on parking on pavements? Change all per entry carparks to time based and allign to ERP charges where bike charges is half of bike? Introduce road sessions for class 2A/2 tests? Restict P Platers fm carrying pillion?
    Liverpool revival has started....

  34. #34
    theblackmamba
    check out the free stuff thread
    SBF Lacer
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    5,414
    Feedback Score
    39 (100%)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    70% voters love this ok? PWND- so don't complain

  35. #35
    736cc
    Rocking on the road
    SBF Lacer 736cc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    woodlands
    Posts
    7,640
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    COE for bikes is really madness.
    Current Ride:
    W650 Cafe Racer
    FXSTC Softail Custom
    TW200 Tracker
    Zephyr ZII Custom
    CB750K
    CB400four



  36. #36
    MR BIKER
    statue but not status
    TeePee MR BIKER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1,922
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    we were given the chance a few weeks back. we can lament, we can write but it will not change anything anymore. from now on, motorcyclist or even the low to middle income people who wish to own car will not be able to afford to own cars. motor? then while it will cost more , many people will rely on loans to go to work on bikes. because we trulu know that taking the mrt, buses or taxi can be very saddening.
    no matter how much we want to argue/talk about our precious vehicle coe here, i think its completely no use. my 2 cents thinking and the yahoo writer has the same idea:https://sg.finance.yahoo.com/news/wh...160000868.html
    Last edited by MR BIKER; 06-10-2015 at 12:39 PM.

  37. #37
    duo
    would rather be a troll than the champion..
    SBF Lacer duo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    5,156
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eesymerej View Post
    SG strike? That's a real big joke. Singaporeans are just a bunch of keyboard warriors. All talk, bark with no bite.

    Sent from my C6833 using Tapatalk
    Here I am still waiting for when all riders unite and ride as how cars are driven coz drivers always complain of us lane splitting so we shall all ride in the lane obediently and let them see how much bigger a jam we can contribute to.

    Quote Originally Posted by MR BIKER View Post
    we were given the chance a few weeks back. we can lament, we can write but it will not change anything anymore. from now on, motorcyclist or even the low to middle income people who wish to own car will not be able to afford to own cars. motor? then while it will cost more , many people will rely on loans to go to work on bikes. because we trulu know that taking the mrt, buses or taxi can be very saddening.
    no matter how much we want to argue/talk about our precious vehicle coe here, i think its completely no use. my 2 cents thinking and the yahoo writer has the same idea:https://sg.finance.yahoo.com/news/wh...160000868.html
    I concur.

  38. #38
    guangwei
    has no status.
    Class 2
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    828
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kzone View Post
    if we have a voice in parliament, wat will u expect?
    better enforcement on parking on pavements? Change all per entry carparks to time based and allign to ERP charges where bike charges is half of bike? Introduce road sessions for class 2A/2 tests? Restict P Platers fm carrying pillion?
    Why would u even think of that? cant u think of something feasible that will benefit people's life even the slightest except making them pay and pay for random fake existable problems to pump your own pocket?

    luckily your not the so called 'singaporean's voice' in the parliament.
    17 Nov 2011 - April 2013, NSR150 SP
    12 June 2013 - 23 Jan 2015, CBR400RRR
    23 February 2015 - 29 February 2016, YZF R6 2006
    12 March 2016 - 12 May 2017, CBR1000RR05
    July 2017 - Current, YZF R1 2008/CBF150

  39. #39
    blacksilver
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    62
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Latest quota less 7.88% motorcycle COEs, so should start climbing up to rumoured 10k premium, cheers and well done,LTA!The have nots will have to succumb to public transport or electric scooters or electric biked with super modded outputs||

  40. #40
    duo
    would rather be a troll than the champion..
    SBF Lacer duo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    5,156
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blacksilver View Post
    Latest quota less 7.88% motorcycle COEs, so should start climbing up to rumoured 10k premium, cheers and well done,LTA!The have nots will have to succumb to public transport or electric scooters or electric biked with super modded outputs||
    Soon want to ride e-bikes/scooters also must take licence. When that happens sure insurance and roadtax also. I will not be surprised when that happens. http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/...tLHRk.facebook

  41. #41
    kzone
    has no status.
    Class 2
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,135
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by guangwei View Post
    Why would u even think of that? cant u think of something feasible that will benefit people's life even the slightest except making them pay and pay for random fake existable problems to pump your own pocket?

    luckily your not the so called 'singaporean's voice' in the parliament.
    like? remove coe for bikes? that'll be great rite? will be so fun to ride at 20km/hr amongst ur new citizens, FT & FW frens.
    Liverpool revival has started....

     

     
  42. #42
    honda5583
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    38
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kzone View Post
    like? remove coe for bikes? that'll be great rite? will be so fun to ride at 20km/hr amongst ur new citizens, FT & FW frens.
    If COE really removed for bikes, the population for bikes will sure increase double or even triple the current size.
    There are many drivers are having bike license out there and I am one of them

  43. #43
    kaiq
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    2,780
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Not true. Removing COE doesn't mean unlimited quota. There are still many ways of implementing a quota system without the use of COE.

    Quote Originally Posted by honda5583 View Post
    If COE really removed for bikes, the population for bikes will sure increase double or even triple the current size.
    There are many drivers are having bike license out there and I am one of them

  44. #44
    kzone
    has no status.
    Class 2
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,135
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kaiq View Post
    Not true. Removing COE doesn't mean unlimited quota. There are still many ways of implementing a quota system without the use of COE.
    elaborate leh.. wat other systems wud u suggest?
    Liverpool revival has started....

  45. #45
    kaiq
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    2,780
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I wouldn't suggest anything, but I can give examples of what other areas do when there is a limited supply. None of them are using bidding, they ballot instead.

    1) Primary 1 registration
    2) BTO
    3) NDP ticket

    Not everyone will like the idea of balloting, but that's another thing.

    The main thing is: if COE is removed, quota can still be limited.

  46. #46
    honda5583
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    38
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kaiq View Post
    I wouldn't suggest anything, but I can give examples of what other areas do when there is a limited supply. None of them are using bidding, they ballot instead.

    1) Primary 1 registration
    2) BTO
    3) NDP ticket

    Not everyone will like the idea of balloting, but that's another thing.

    The main thing is: if COE is removed, quota can still be limited.
    Anyway, this system will never happen now or in future.
    What will happen in future is riding a new bike will be for those who can afford it. It will not be the a poor man transport anymore.

  47. #47
    kzone
    has no status.
    Class 2
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,135
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    balloting? like singapore sweep?
    Liverpool revival has started....

  48. #48
    kzone
    has no status.
    Class 2
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,135
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by honda5583 View Post
    Anyway, this system will never happen now or in future.
    What will happen in future is riding a new bike will be for those who can afford it. It will not be the a poor man transport anymore.
    Yeah agree.
    Liverpool revival has started....

  49. #49
    DeusExMachina
    ish farking bored
    SBF Lacer DeusExMachina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    14,140
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kaiq View Post
    I wouldn't suggest anything, but I can give examples of what other areas do when there is a limited supply. None of them are using bidding, they ballot instead.

    1) Primary 1 registration
    2) BTO
    3) NDP ticket

    Not everyone will like the idea of balloting, but that's another thing.

    The main thing is: if COE is removed, quota can still be limited.

    LTA, and by proxy, the Govt loses a revenue stream.

    THAT, is what COE is all about. Forget about what bullsh1t the transport mini-star or LTA, or some other Govt assh0le tells you about population control.
    COE is not about equality. Not about equity. It's not about reducing congestion or carbon emissions.

    it's really about
    - revenue
    - keeping the well heeled well provided for, and one step above the common masses when it comes to acquiring vehicles

    Would the Govt rather have a lot of revenue coming in, and a nation full of more prestigious marques on the road?
    Or less revenue (or no revenue), and a lot of low cost cars all over the place?

    Which looks better for them?

  50. #50
    duo
    would rather be a troll than the champion..
    SBF Lacer duo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    5,156
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DeusExMachina View Post
    LTA, and by proxy, the Govt loses a revenue stream.

    THAT, is what COE is all about. Forget about what bullsh1t the transport mini-star or LTA, or some other Govt assh0le tells you about population control.
    COE is not about equality. Not about equity. It's not about reducing congestion or carbon emissions.

    it's really about
    - revenue
    - keeping the well heeled well provided for, and one step above the common masses when it comes to acquiring vehicles

    Would the Govt rather have a lot of revenue coming in, and a nation full of more prestigious marques on the road?
    Or less revenue (or no revenue), and a lot of low cost cars all over the place?

    Which looks better for them?
    KRGT-1
    I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride my bike..I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride it where I like..

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •