has no status.
    Class 2
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stommer View Post
    I really wish you are right, and that COE prices go down. We will all gain. The thing is, when car COE prices plunges, its not just car owners who scrap and get back PARF who change cars. Car owners owning 3 or 4 year old cars also scrap because they top up a bit get a new car.

Many bike buyers don't buy on principle. Demand is dictated by affordability. A despatch rider making 2k plus a month wouldn't mind 6k COE. What's more a cls 2 biker spending almost 2k or 2k plus a month on living expenses such as movies, weekend makan, beers, ciggie etc. Despatch rider hardworking also can make 3+ to 4k. Taxi driver also can. Shift worker clock OT also can. Chaps working 2 part time jobs also 2k+ ok.

Fact is that after gahmen shrink the COE quota for bike, right now demand still outstrip supply. Bikers are still propping up COE prices. If you were right, COE prices should fall.

It has not happened.

Still, I wished you were right. Then none of us need to fork out 6k COE. I really do. I have no qualms against paying the gahmen less $$. I'm just too pessimistic about the COE situation i think. I wished more bikers were like you and your friends who would buy on principle. This world would be a better place. We wouldn't be f***ed by our government who shrank the bike COE quota to generate more profit. I'm the 30% and I voted Reform Party, so...

I have 8 years max to wait. 2 years ago, I forfeited 8 months worth of remaining COE and renewed early at $1700 coz i saw these high prices coming. Doesn't taking a lot to see this. A lot of people saw it coming.

Lets see how this goes.
    everybody hopes for COE to go down... but wont be easy... during good times, many ppl upgrade buy new, better & bigger bikes driving up COEs.

During bad times, with retrenchments, pay freeze, losses fm investments etc, more ppl renew COE, maybe even 5 years cos of the high COE. There will also be car owners who downgrade to bikes, many of whom were riders previously.

The availability of high loan quantum with long loan durations easily absorbs the impact of high COE for bikes.

COE MAY come down, but the more likely scenario is... unless there are financial measures introduced like cars, the COE will hover around the 4K to 8K range.
    Liverpool revival has started....

duo
    would rather be a troll than the champion..
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stommer View Post
    Many bike buyers don't buy on principle. Demand is dictated by affordability. A despatch rider making 2k plus a month wouldn't mind 6k COE. What's more a cls 2 biker spending almost 2k or 2k plus a month on living expenses such as movies, weekend makan, beers, ciggie etc. Despatch rider hardworking also can make 3+ to 4k. Taxi driver also can. Shift worker clock OT also can. Chaps working 2 part time jobs also 2k+ ok.
    It will depend on what commitments these people have. Some have pretty much no commitments so as long as the monthly instalment is affordable they will sign up. Then there are also those with no commitments but take into consideration the costs of maintaining the bikes due to wear and tear and etc. Then there are those with commitments like family and housing loans and etc. Like you I knew this would happen the moment it was changed to the bidding method. However I chose to try to think optimistically.
    KRGT-1
    I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride my bike..I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride it where I like..

ghost04
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by filtered View Post
    Dont make sweeping generalisations. Just because some potential big bike owners do not hold back on 6k coe, does not mean that all will not hold back and all chiong in and buy. Same applies for cars.
    If COE suddenly plunges, cars u can scrap and get back the COE and PARF. Bikes got no scrap value leh, at most get back residual COE.

I ride a Cl 2 bike, and so do a close group of friends that I usually ride with. All have the same consensus that its dumb to give the govt this 6k for nothing.
    Not a matter of affordability, more of principle.

6.5k i can bring my family for nice 2 wk vacation in japan leh.....give the govt for nothing??? crazy...

Better wait for dealer promo
    even u also same thinking as me...
    bike when scrap no value but why ppl don get this?
    bike left less than 6months left on coe still wanna take back a few thousand thinking their bike has paper value...
    haizzz...

Sent from my iPhone

stay calm and carry on...

kzone
    has no status.
    Class 2
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ghost04 View Post
    even u also same thinking as me...
    bike when scrap no value but why ppl don get this?
    bike left less than 6months left on coe still wanna take back a few thousand thinking their bike has paper value...
    haizzz...

Sent from my iPhone
    its not paper value, its machine value. If u buy a GS1200, after 10 years, u give away for free?

hachi
    waiting to down grade
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kzone View Post
    its not paper value, its machine value. If u buy a GS1200, after 10 years, u give away for free?
    Ironic right, the machine value for normal BB car is around $200 to 1000. So bike has more value, right???
    Of course also due to the system where you cant keep them unless you pay for the 50k coe....
    Bikes Owned: LC125 RXZ135 GSXR400RP CB400VS CB400Spec2 SV650 02CBRF4i FZ1000 CBR929 05YZF-R6 CBR150 HondaSonic125 Yamaha_CygnusX125 KymcoGrandink_250 Hornet_250 04_Yamaha_Tmax Silverwing 400 FZ6_S2 GSXR600K7

Current bikes: NIL

Gear 4th

filtered
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This whole COE for bikes is dumb to begin with. Bikes should not need COE as they dont contribute to congestion.

Reduce quota for bikes and move to open cat, resulting in increase in car population, even more congestion......back to square 1.

maybe when they implement satellite based road pricing, they may scrap COE...but probably just wishful thinking haahah

ghost04
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if nobody buys at the end of 10 years n u have to scrap it how much can u get?

Sent from my iPhone

duo
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

This whole COE for bikes is dumb to begin with. Bikes should not need COE as they dont contribute to congestion.

Reduce quota for bikes and move to open cat, resulting in increase in car population, even more congestion......back to square 1.

maybe when they implement satellite based road pricing, they may scrap COE...but probably just wishful thinking haahah

Sent from my iPhone
    Think you would need to pay to scrap it. May be wrong tho.
    KRGT-1
    I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride my bike..I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride it where I like..

kzone
    has no status.
    Class 2
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sent from my iPhone
    wud this happen?
    Theoretically of course u r right, but r u living in a world of theory?

kzone
    has no status.
    Class 2
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hachi View Post
    Ironic right, the machine value for normal BB car is around $200 to 1000. So bike has more value, right???
    Of course also due to the system where you cant keep them unless you pay for the 50k coe....
    bro, u need to include everything u will get back at the end of 10 yrs.. for cars, there's the PARF element. For bikes, since there is no PARF, the market value comes into play. U shud know better bro.

At the end of the day any product can only be sold at its market value.

hachi
    waiting to down grade
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bro, u need to include everything u will get back at the end of 10 yrs.. for cars, there's the PARF element. For bikes, since there is no PARF, the market value comes into play. U shud know better bro.

At the end of the day any product can only be sold at its market value.
    I meant the market value of car is less then bike, ironic right? Remove the PARF element, car body that can be exported is sometimes less than bike "market value"?
    Just like COE, open biddings lead to market value which is what the market wants to pay, the point is "market" is the dealers or the buyers that manipulate the price??
    Bikes Owned: LC125 RXZ135 GSXR400RP CB400VS CB400Spec2 SV650 02CBRF4i FZ1000 CBR929 05YZF-R6 CBR150 HondaSonic125 Yamaha_CygnusX125 KymcoGrandink_250 Hornet_250 04_Yamaha_Tmax Silverwing 400 FZ6_S2 GSXR600K7

Gear 4th

kzone
    has no status.
    Class 2
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I meant the market value of car is less then bike, ironic right? Remove the PARF element, car body that can be exported is sometimes less than bike "market value"?
    Just like COE, open biddings lead to market value which is what the market wants to pay, the point is "market" is the dealers or the buyers that manipulate the price??
    I don't agree to remove PARF element cos u still get the $$ anyway but I still agree that the car value can be less than bike. Especially for 20year old cars vs bikes.

market value.. doesn't matter whether manipulated or not. The bikes wont be sold if there is no willing buyer. Even prices of diamonds are manipulated....

ghost04
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wud this happen?
    Theoretically of course u r right, but r u living in a world of theory?
    if seller priced too high would there be buyers? accessories aside...i learnt tat accessories wont play a major part when u sell unless dekit... most cases owners LL have to go renew the coe then try to sell again... this time they will factor in the coe price as well which is logical... it does happen not abt theory...

Sent from my iPhone

filtered
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sent from my iPhone
    Maybe $20? hahah...taxi fare for the ride home lol

Think maybe more worthwhile to strip the bike for parts and sell seperately.

If I'm not wrong, to scrap just need the chassis number. Dont need to be a complete bike

ghost04
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe $20? hahah...taxi fare for the ride home lol

Think maybe more worthwhile to strip the bike for parts and sell seperately.

If I'm not wrong, to scrap just need the chassis number. Dont need to be a complete bike
    if a gs really goes into scrap i will pay tat $20 n go n renew the coe myself...

Sent from my iPhone

kzone
    has no status.
    Class 2
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if seller priced too high would there be buyers? accessories aside...i learnt tat accessories wont play a major part when u sell unless dekit... most cases owners LL have to go renew the coe then try to sell again... this time they will factor in the coe price as well which is logical... it does happen not abt theory...

Sent from my iPhone
    That's different from ur earlier post about needing to scrap. This time it's abt selling too high price. Find me a fair condition 10 yr old class 2 bike that the owner wants to scrap.

kzone
    has no status.
    Class 2
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if a gs really goes into scrap i will pay tat $20 n go n renew the coe myself...

Sent from my iPhone
    N I'll pay $21... n someone will be willing to pay $22 n someone else will offer even more n more n more till a transaction takes place at the market price

ghost04
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's different from ur earlier post about needing to scrap. This time it's abt selling too high price. Find me a fair condition 10 yr old class 2 bike that the owner wants to scrap.
    u gotta constantly view at used bikes section bro...its not owners wanto scrap...it could be really no buyers...n he does not intend to renew the coe...for example...

Sent from my iPhone

ghost04
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

N I'll pay $21... n someone will be willing to pay $22 n someone else will offer even more n more n more till a transaction takes place at the market price
    i believe it will not reach the market price...too time consuming

Sent from my iPhone

kzone
    has no status.
    Class 2
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

u gotta constantly view at used bikes section bro...its not owners wanto scrap...it could be really no buyers...n he does not intend to renew the coe...for example...

Sent from my iPhone
    Give me a real example. Just 1. Where no one wants to buy a near to 10 years old working class 2 bike at $1000. I'll buy it.

ghost04
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Give me a real example. Just 1. Where no one wants to buy a near to 10 years old working class 2 bike at $1000. I'll buy it.
    i have yet to see one at 1000...not just u if its a model i like i might pay for it too 😊

Sent from my iPhone

kzone
    has no status.
    Class 2
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i have yet to see one at 1000...not just u if its a model i like i might pay for it too 😊

Sent from my iPhone
    so even u're r willing to pay $1000 for a 10 yr old bike. Tot u said bike when time to scrap got no value?

kzone
    has no status.
    Class 2
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sent from my iPhone
    so even u are r willing to pay $1000 for a 10 yr old bike. Tot u said bike when time to scrap got no value?

ghost04
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so even u are r willing to pay $1000 for a 10 yr old bike. Tot u said bike when time to scrap got no value?
    u are saying near 10 years not on the day of scrap...if on the day of scrap or even abt 1 month or less i wont pay tat money hope it clears ur doubt...if u wanna continue to pick or find fault go elsewhere

Sent from my iPhone

kzone
    has no status.
    Class 2
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

u are saying near 10 years not on the day of scrap...if on the day of scrap or even abt 1 month or less i wont pay tat money hope it clears ur doubt...if u wanna continue to pick or find fault go elsewhere

Sent from my iPhone
    Just to be clear, u wont pay $1000 for a BMW/Goldwing/Harley/Ducati that is 9 Years, 11 months old, in full working condition?

P/S : not finding fault, just want to really understand how u think.
    I find the way u think very ridiculous but that's just a personal opinion and not the point of discussion here.

ghost04
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just to be clear, u wont pay $1000 for a BMW/Goldwing/Harley/Ducati that is 9 Years, 11 months old, in full working condition?

P/S : not finding fault, just want to really understand how u think.
    I find the way u think very ridiculous but that's just a personal opinion and not the point of discussion here.
    ok perhaps a few examples might be more clear to u...
    the above 4 models u quoted for $1000 i may not pay cos i believe its a dream tat wont come true after seeing a few gs1200 approaching 10 years n the owners asking price just for example...i yet to see a goldwing or harley or even duc on sale approaching 10years...i wont pay tat for a duc cos its running costs is too high for my preference compared to jap bikes...
    some bikes worth riding past 10 years...super4...gsxr1000k5...fireblade...n so on

Sent from my iPhone

ghost04
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

to be honest i yet to come across one...esp the scenario u given to me therefore no thoughts on it at the moment... when the moment comes i will tell u

Sent from my iPhone

kzone
    has no status.
    Class 2
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

to be honest i yet to come across one...esp the scenario u given to me therefore no thoughts on it at the moment... when the moment comes i will tell u

Sent from my iPhone
    it doesn't come becos it will be snapped up at way higher price then that. That scenario was given becos u said 10 year old bikes r worthless (which in my opinion is ridiculous). I wanted to enlighten u why a 10 yr old bike value is not zero but I failed to open up ur mind. so, I'm stopping this discussion.

hachi
    waiting to down grade
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe 10 years old bikes do have value just that it is not pre determine by a formula unlike cars which are determine by parf and export value.
    So it might be market values for some popular bikes, look at how many >10 years super 4 are running around.

Gear 4th

xjr1250
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Come on guys, why waste time engaging in discussions with ppl like teambhp, kzone etc who has no stand themselves for constructive discussions. Flip flopping is their art. kzone is one who discussed abt low coe but hopes for high coe to weed out other fellow bikers so that he could cruise his dream harley during peak hrs. kzone only say things to his advantage n not on constructive n neutral grounds, n when reach a dead end for him, will say life is like that n u gotto face reality. Once in a blue moon he will create a post that sometimes has no objective at all. Should Liverpool hear his cheer, bet they will lose more with fans like him.

The purpose of him posting is to indirectly tell ppl how smart and analytical he is. Yes everyone has the right to air his views but it should be done rationally. Look at kzone and teambhp past discussions n u will know y. Know who u r talking to and not waste ur precious time, guys. Want advise, must see who the giver is n how sound giver is as well.

kzone
    has no status.
    Class 2
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe 10 years old bikes do have value just that it is not pre determine by a formula unlike cars which are determine by parf and export value.
    So it might be market values for some popular bikes, look at how many >10 years super 4 are running around.
    Yeah.... even > 10 year old phantoms r being snapped up. I'm likely letting go my 13 year old phantom soon but so paiseh to set asking price. Maybe will give away for a teh tarik. .. see how

duo
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xjr1250 View Post
    Come on guys, why waste time engaging in discussions with ppl like teambhp, kzone etc who has no stand themselves for constructive discussions. Flip flopping is their art. kzone is one who discussed abt low coe but hopes for high coe to weed out other fellow bikers so that he could cruise his dream harley during peak hrs. kzone only say things to his advantage n not on constructive n neutral grounds, n when reach a dead end for him, will say life is like that n u gotto face reality. Once in a blue moon he will create a post that sometimes has no objective at all. Should Liverpool hear his cheer, bet they will lose more with fans like him.

The purpose of him posting is to indirectly tell ppl how smart and analytical he is. Yes everyone has the right to air his views but it should be done rationally. Look at kzone and teambhp past discussions n u will know y. Know who u r talking to and not waste ur precious time, guys. Want advise, must see who the giver is n how sound giver is as well.
    3685174-139258158885.jpg

KRGT-1

hachi
    waiting to down grade
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It always happened during the last 20 mins where COE will surged from 1k to 6.5k....

Gear 4th

MR BIKER
    statue but not status
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IN the series Storage War or other types of auction, we see who are the bidders and we know who that stupid person who bids so high for a stupid thing. but unfortunately, because of new technology, bidding is done electronically and we have NO idea who those stupid people who bid suddenly within 3-5 minutes so obsessively. I tell you if i know who they are and which shop they work with, I will surely NEVER go their shop.

filtered
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Residual value of 10 yr old bikes, is basically how much the mkt willing to pay.

For basic 2B bikes, owner probably just decide to scrap, since wont get back much from resale anyway.

But 10 yr old harley/ducati/bmw in decent working condition, owner wont just scrap or let go for lowball price. If they can afford exotic bike, most likely can afford to renew COE.
    So renew and resell for higher price.

End of the day, willing seller/buyer. Free market so whatever price they agree on determines the residual value

kzone
    has no status.
    Class 2
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MR BIKER View Post
    IN the series Storage War or other types of auction, we see who are the bidders and we know who that stupid person who bids so high for a stupid thing. but unfortunately, because of new technology, bidding is done electronically and we have NO idea who those stupid people who bid suddenly within 3-5 minutes so obsessively. I tell you if i know who they are and which shop they work with, I will surely NEVER go their shop.
    bro, its not that last few minutes ppl bid aggressively. Its after the number of bids goes higher than the number of COE. Those that bid high could have placed their bid on day 1 cos they really want the COE n don't care how much to pay so they can simply bid 10K on day 1.

but because the number of bids is still lower than the number of COE available, the COE in the bidding website still shows $1. Its only after the number of bids is higher than the number of COEs available then u see the COE amount jump, leap...

http://www.lta.gov.sg/content/ltaweb...ement-coe.html

kzone
    has no status.
    Class 2
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Residual value of 10 yr old bikes, is basically how much the mkt willing to pay.

For basic 2B bikes, owner probably just decide to scrap, since wont get back much from resale anyway.

But 10 yr old harley/ducati/bmw in decent working condition, owner wont just scrap or let go for lowball price. If they can afford exotic bike, most likely can afford to renew COE.
    So renew and resell for higher price.

End of the day, willing seller/buyer. Free market so whatever price they agree on determines the residual value
    +1

and also some buyers & shops with cash to renew COE are ready to pounce these near 10 year bikes for sale

kzone
    has no status.
    Class 2
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting find :

http://www.lta.gov.sg/content/dam/lt...validation.pdf

As COE prices reach record high in 2014 and rise further 2015, the number of COE extension dropped year on year.

So does this mean ppl gave up bikes to go public? or scrap their old bikes to buy new ones?

adrianlkl
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just a question to ask.

My coe is expiring on the 9th of april.

Gonna take a gamble to renew in april itself.

According to lta website, if it's renewed in the expiry month, the pqp payable will be
    based on the expiry month.

Does it mean that the price would be the one that will be announced in the first week of april instead of the last pqp?

MR BIKER
    statue but not status
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

as long as you dont renew after 9th april , you are fine. once you go over, YOU ARE FINED. its better you choose March coe or call LTA

fisherman's friend
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

COE is too expensive!!!

Lokess
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

random thought. do you guys think its better for bikes to pay ARF amounts similar to car (min 100% of OMV) and get PARF rebate or if cars should pay bike level ARF (15% OMV) and no more PARF rebate?

james bomb
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by theblackmamba View Post
    PAP = COE

get rid of the source

short and sharp,, haha, well done

Keynes
    has no status.
    Class 2A
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lokess View Post
    random thought. do you guys think its better for bikes to pay ARF amounts similar to car (min 100% of OMV) and get PARF rebate or if cars should pay bike level ARF (15% OMV) and no more PARF rebate?
    To me, since now bikes ARF is so high for high-OMV bikes now, government should give PARF back to bike owners too, follow car rebates, 50% of ARF before 10 years and so on and so forth...

In fact I had written to LTA about giving PARF for bikes (based on ARF), BUT

The points of their reply roughly was "Majority of bikes still pays low ARF (15%) so no intention of LTA to have PARF rebate for bikes at this moment"

WTF!!!
    People ask me, "Why ride bike?" I ask them back :"Why drive car?"

wait4me
    my friend's , friend is my enemy
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Keynes View Post
    To me, since now bikes ARF is so high for high-OMV bikes now, government should give PARF back to bike owners too, follow car rebates, 50% of ARF before 10 years and so on and so forth...

In fact I had written to LTA about giving PARF for bikes (based on ARF), BUT

The points of their reply roughly was "Majority of bikes still pays low ARF (15%) so no intention of LTA to have PARF rebate for bikes at this moment"

WTF!!!
    your WTF is the same as why bikes need to pay ERP
    and also WTF at some shopping malls no bike parking policy

so lan lan , i suck on it
    一路向北 4 EVER , my friend

Keynes
    has no status.
    Class 2A
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wait4me View Post

so lan lan , i suck on it
    The bikers community is small and has a weak collective voice, I doubt many MP or ministers or influential people (politically or financially) ride a bike in Singapore, that's why many unfair policy in bikes and bikers, let me share with you.

1) ERP, is to combat congestion, does motorcycles contribute to congestion, I would say yes but the impact is very small, it takes about 4 to 5 bikes to give the same level of congestion as cars do, so if government is insistent to charge ERP for bikes, it should be 20 to 25 % of cars, not the current 50%!

2) ARF, tiered or not-tiered, is to ensure social equity, so to speak, I would have shut my mouth up if it is not grossly unfair to bikes, why? Cars tiered ARF is really progressive, the increment is small. (100% for OMV less than $20k, 140%for OMV up to $50k and 180% for OMV above $50k, each increment is 20%) but bikes super high increments (15%, 50% then 100%, the increments are 35% and 50% respectively!). It is not a social equity tax, it is a grossly unfair, unjustified, robbing-middle-income people tax! Moreover (this part rely get to my nerve), bikes have no PARF rebate! Us the government encouraging bikers (especially big bikes) to keep their bikes for more than 10 years? We will see more old, big bikes around us soon.

3) Control of COE. Bike COE used to be needed to contribute 10% to Cat E (open CAT) to re-balance the open CAT COE. I was laughing everytime I read this. Come on, have anyone know anyone ever registered a bike using CAT E COE? Definitely no. Then why need to contribute? We are not stupid people listening to stupid excuses. Let me tell you, the REAL reason is the government know the high demand for CAT B (big cars) COE, and they also l know CAT E traditionally is used to register big cars because CAT B COE not enough, so in order to appease the big car buyers (in a way to maintain their loyalty for votes), government sacrificed bikes COE for big cars, due also to the reason that the government believed that motorcycles COE were too cheap (when it was $1k+ last time). Now they realised that bikes COE is rising beyond market control, it finally agreed to stop the contribution of bikes to big cars COE.

4) No action/policy has been taken so far to combat the issue of bike shops hogging COE! The problem is caused by government who allows only $200 deposit for CAT D COE (for information, cars COE deposit is $10k!). Bikes shops can easily recoup this $200 by selling COE at a higher than market price and earning from interests of loans. Just increase the deposit to $5k lah! I think the government worry that in case increase the deposit to $5k, bike buyers have to put a deposit of $5k to bid for COE, and for the lower income group this may be a problem, these bike buyers may need to take up loan even before they get the COE, but if this is really a government's concern, then it can allow $200 deposit for individual buyer direct bids and $5k for shops' bids, then allow no bike transfer of ownership for a year, otherwise pay $5k. That I think can solve the problem easily.

Why can't our million-dollar-paid ministers think of these?
    People ask me, "Why ride bike?" I ask them back :"Why drive car?"

duo
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Keynes View Post
    The bikers community is small and has a weak collective voice, I doubt many MP or ministers or influential people (politically or financially) ride a bike in Singapore, that's why many unfair policy in bikes and bikers, let me share with you.

1) ERP, is to combat congestion, does motorcycles contribute to congestion, I would say yes but the impact is very small, it takes about 4 to 5 bikes to give the same level of congestion as cars do, so if government is insistent to charge ERP for bikes, it should be 20 to 25 % of cars, not the current 50%!

2) ARF, tiered or not-tiered, is to ensure social equity, so to speak, I would have shut my mouth up if it is not grossly unfair to bikes, why? Cars tiered ARF is really progressive, the increment is small. (100% for OMV less than $20k, 140%for OMV up to $50k and 180% for OMV above $50k, each increment is 20%) but bikes super high increments (15%, 50% then 100%, the increments are 35% and 50% respectively!). It is not a social equity tax, it is a grossly unfair, unjustified, robbing-middle-income people tax! Moreover (this part rely get to my nerve), bikes have no PARF rebate! Us the government encouraging bikers (especially big bikes) to keep their bikes for more than 10 years? We will see more old, big bikes around us soon.

3) Control of COE. Bike COE used to be needed to contribute 10% to Cat E (open CAT) to re-balance the open CAT COE. I was laughing everytime I read this. Come on, have anyone know anyone ever registered a bike using CAT E COE? Definitely no. Then why need to contribute? We are not stupid people listening to stupid excuses. Let me tell you, the REAL reason is the government know the high demand for CAT B (big cars) COE, and they also l know CAT E traditionally is used to register big cars because CAT B COE not enough, so in order to appease the big car buyers (in a way to maintain their loyalty for votes), government sacrificed bikes COE for big cars, due also to the reason that the government believed that motorcycles COE were too cheap (when it was $1k+ last time). Now they realised that bikes COE is rising beyond market control, it finally agreed to stop the contribution of bikes to big cars COE.

4) No action/policy has been taken so far to combat the issue of bike shops hogging COE! The problem is caused by government who allows only $200 deposit for CAT D COE (for information, cars COE deposit is $10k!). Bikes shops can easily recoup this $200 by selling COE at a higher than market price and earning from interests of loans. Just increase the deposit to $5k lah! I think the government worry that in case increase the deposit to $5k, bike buyers have to put a deposit of $5k to bid for COE, and for the lower income group this may be a problem, these bike buyers may need to take up loan even before they get the COE, but if this is really a government's concern, then it can allow $200 deposit for individual buyer direct bids and $5k for shops' bids, then allow no bike transfer of ownership for a year, otherwise pay $5k. That I think can solve the problem easily.

Why can't our million-dollar-paid ministers think of these?
    MP or minister all scared to ride bikes. They will not even allow their familee to ride. Maybe for 'wayang' only. Was there not a minister boasting of having 2 cars? One driven by his wife and the other him?

Its not that they cannot think of this. Its just that they refuse to think of it. Coz it does not affect them at all.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    KRGT-1

wait4me
    my friend's , friend is my enemy
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

when all schools is a good school
    but u dun find their children in all the good schools
    一路向北 4 EVER , my friend

SamFZ9T
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who will care if you are getting more & more money......?

2B-newbie
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agreed. More money better than good schools.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123