P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Buying exhaust overseas and getting fitted in Singapore

Hey guys

Can someone tell me whether it is possible to bring your own aftermarket exhaust to a mechanic here and have him fit the exhaust to the bike and get LTA inspection?

I'm looking at 2 types of bikes Ducati Monster 1100EVO and Triumph Speed Triple ABS. I know which exhaust model is street legal in Singapore for each bike (Termignoni for Ducati and Arrow for Triumph) so I could buy it in Europe (much cheaper there) and then ask any good Singaporean mechanic to fit the exhaust here and get the bike through LTA inspection.

Thoughts?

Tachnicolour
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HaiR1
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Read up under Legality Thread

There are afew document u need to submit to LTA..

That Oso dosent gurantee it will pass inspection & approved by the authority here.

As u knw, Gahment is very strict

End of day, it's Subject to approval

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums...ocedures/page7

Taken from Post 333 of Exhaust thread

This is the response I received from LTA:

We wish to inform you that LTA allows the replacement of after-market vehicle parts, including exhaust system, as long as the fitting of these accessories does not adversely affect the safe operation and/or exhaust emissions characteristics of the vehicle, or compromise the safety of vehicle occupants and other road users.

If you wish to self import an exhaust system for your motorcycle, please submit the following documents (in English) for our evaluation:
    a) An application letter requesting for the installation of an after-market exhaust system/silencer (with the type, make/model of the replacement system/silencer and your vehicle registration number);
    b) Conformity certificate (e.g. EEC, JASMA or etc) to show that the replacement exhaust system/silencer is suitable to be installed for that particular vehicle make and model and would not adversely affect the safe operation and exhaust emission characteristics of the vehicle;
    c) Exhaust System Catalogue/Technical specification and installation details (including pictures/drawings) of the after-market exhaust system/silencer;
    d) Evidence, such as certifications and test reports from the product manufacturer or LTA/NEA recognised overseas emission test laboratories to show that the after-market exhaust system had been manufactured and tested (e.g. vehicular emission and noise) according to international recognised standards; and
    e) Purchase invoice of the after-market exhaust system/silencer from the product manufacturer.

Please refer to Annex A of the following URL for a list of LTA/NEA recognised overseas emission test laboratories:

http://www.onemotoring.com.sg/publis...Motorcycle.pdf

You can forward these documents to the Vehicle Engineering Division of LTA at 10 Sin Ming Drive, Singapore 575701.

Upon evaluation and if we are satisfied that your documents are in order and have shown to comply with our requirements, we would grant you an in-principle approval to submit for a change of exhaust system via our Vehicle Inspection & Type Approval System (VITAS). The application form can be obtained from our customer service counter at the Vehicle Engineering Division or downloaded from the Vehicle Inspection & Type Approval System (VITAS) website at https://vitas.lta.gov.sg. Please note that a fee of $55 (excluding GST) is payable at application.

Thereafter, you would be required to produce the vehicle fitted with the replacement exhaust system at any one of the ten LTA-authorised Vehicle Inspection Centres (i.e. STAI, JIC or VICOM) located islandwide for an inspection. Please note that the inspection centre will charge an inspection fee for carrying out such a service. For more information on the inspection fee, you are advised to contact the inspection centres directly. You may access to the address and contact details of the vehicle inspection centres from the following URL:

http://www.onemotoring.com.sg/publis...nspection.html

Please note that final approval would only be granted subject to your vehicle passing the mechanical inspection. You may also like to check the validity of your vehicle manufacturer warranty with the local agent after such installation.

Hydher
    Is selling his GSXR1000
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

dont bother cheers
    Dragstar 400 classic & Zx6r

Frenchaussie
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Following up on this - I've done it. Bought Termis overseas and got them fitted here. LTA approved. Wasn't hard at all.

chang
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just out of curiosity. U bought it overseas and got it certified here or u bought a used set locally and got it certified?

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums...ignoni-exhaust

whiteo83
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Apocravic is licensed. all others might have to take apart before STA inspection

Hydher
    Is selling his GSXR1000
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchaussie View Post
    Following up on this - I've done it. Bought Termis overseas and got them fitted here. LTA approved. Wasn't hard at all.
    can you please share

Hydher
    Is selling his GSXR1000
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I got it approved. Details in another thread

kaiq
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Might need ur help someday. My bike can't find an aftermarket exhaust locally. If LTA gone picky over the exhaust stuffs again I might be forced to change.

saculgnes
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hydher View Post
    I got it approved. Details in another thread
    Hi Hydher, I can't seem to find the thread you were talking about. You mind sending me the link? TIA!!

saculgnes
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by saculgnes View Post
    Hi Hydher, I can't seem to find the thread you were talking about. You mind sending me the link? TIA!!
    Found the thread.