has no status.
    Class 2
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Quota for COE increase for 4 wheels. but motorcycle Quota drop

The monthly quota of COEs for May to July has been released by LTA; compared to the February to April bidding exercises, there will be a 41% rise in available COEs for Cat A (cars up to 1,600cc/97kW), 37.8% for Cat B (cars above to 1,600cc/97kW), 46.9% for Cat C (goods vehicles and buses), 53% for Cat E (open). Slight dip of 4.6% in available COEs for Cat D (motorcycles). Story to come.

Source: channelnewsasia facebook.

looks like they want to further increase motorcycle coe. all cat increase quota except motorcycle.

theblackmamba
    check out the free stuff thread
    SBF Lacer
    Feedback Score
    39 (100%)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

vote PAP this is what you get

andrei
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, it is not such a bad thing, if you look at the bigger picture. And the bigger picture is, given a fixed growth rate, larger quota means higher amount of de-registrations. And the more de-registrations, the faster the total bike population decreases.

As I was saying all along: guys, please buy used bikes, it would serve two purposes. First, it is the demand for new bikes that drives COE prices up. And second, if people are able to sell second-hand bikes, they would not be tempted to de-register them and thus give away part of COE quota to cars. And if you really want to buy a new bike, buy one which would last long, not some cheap crappy bike which will have to be scrapped after 3 years.

theblackmamba
    SBF Lacer
    Feedback Score
    39 (100%)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the best thing is VOTE PAP OUT

PAP = COE

no PAP no coe

MR BIKER
    statue but not status
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by theblackmamba View Post
    the best thing is VOTE PAP OUT

PAP = COE

no PAP no coe
    blackmamba : i try not to be political but Opposition have never promise abolition of coe because they know that COE bring money , so i doubt if pap loses, coe still stay or at least tweak abit but later on in future it will swing back into action. i have no solution but 1 : no more motor vehicle but then somebody will surely think u walk u pay. just like that singtel lady think use watsap pay

ZZR600
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what they want is money thats all. so in order to maintain your life style you just got to work your ass off.once you are sick you are DEAD!!

ah786786
    has no status.
    Class 2
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

vote pap this is what you get
    upzzzzzzzz

ah786786
    has no status.
    Class 2
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think COE is money sucker + still need to pay again after 10years coe,on top increased road tax....

Jehuty
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by andrei View Post
    Actually, it is not such a bad thing, if you look at the bigger picture. And the bigger picture is, given a fixed growth rate, larger quota means higher amount of de-registrations. And the more de-registrations, the faster the total bike population decreases.

As I was saying all along: guys, please buy used bikes, it would serve two purposes. First, it is the demand for new bikes that drives COE prices up. And second, if people are able to sell second-hand bikes, they would not be tempted to de-register them and thus give away part of COE quota to cars. And if you really want to buy a new bike, buy one which would last long, not some cheap crappy bike which will have to be scrapped after 3 years.
    Even cheap crappy bikes gets sold and resold, the only time anyone scraps a bike is when its beyond repair, sometimes because of drivers. The older the bike is, the more maintenance you have to do.

The issue still remains, why increase the number of jam causing vehicles driven by people who mostly drive alone but decrease the number of vehicles that contributes next to nothing in congestion.

Only one explanation, the policymaker is probably a driver but definately a moron, then again PAP is full of them.

kaiq
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

COE on the rise is definite. I am more curious of the rationale why they are targeting bikes NOW.

And pls la, no need every bad thing first thing blame PAP la. See one time two time ok, see more we also like "wtf, again?"

andrei
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jehuty View Post
    The issue still remains, why increase the number of jam causing vehicles driven by people who mostly drive alone but decrease the number of vehicles that contributes next to nothing in congestion.

Only one explanation, the policymaker is probably a driver but definately a moron, then again PAP is full of them.
    Probably not moron, but more not willing to take responsibility. Original system, with 3% growth, additional category E and one forth of de-registration going to this category was very balanced. Not because the algorithm was good, but because it had a good match to numbers. Now, after they started changing the numbers, they should have changed the algorithm for allocation of different categories as well, but apparently nobody is willing to accept such a responsibility.

theblackmamba
    SBF Lacer
    Feedback Score
    39 (100%)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PAP PWN singapore . 60.1% love COE.

denser
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

up again

blacksilver
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

will it ever go down? my bike COE ends Dec2015, I really have to renew it as a new bike is gonna cost.Now old bikes also gonna cost as well. pay and pay, you'll never own anything in more than 10 year intervals!

Jehuty
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blacksilver View Post
    will it ever go down? my bike COE ends Dec2015, I really have to renew it as a new bike is gonna cost.Now old bikes also gonna cost as well. pay and pay, you'll never own anything in more than 10 year intervals!
    If I have to take loan for a bike, might as well make it a class 2 bike.

hansolo
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

die la..unless shop absorb 50% coe which is attractive and win win situation

blacksilver
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just saw report of SG's top selling cars, generally only the well off can afford cars nowadays, and all the rest who don't have the "resources" and poor sods have to use public transport or two wheelers. See what other pre-election "pacifiers" and "goodies" are lined up for the general chap on the street to sweeten the resolve that we currently have the "best" democratic third to first world zeng hu. yes we should thank the PG also that we don't have our own "PG" to save us from ourselves and our machines from an accessible track, agree? wonder if there are any other PG packages in store???

kaiq
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, soon bikes will be like that - only those richer ones won't feel wth pinch of the COE...

This is really a degradation of society where the rich gets richer and the poor gets poorer.

teambhp
    has no status.
    Class 2
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kaiq View Post
    well, soon bikes will be like that - only those richer ones won't feel wth pinch of the COE...

This is really a degradation of society where the rich gets richer and the poor gets poorer.
    Imagine a new 200cc bike will cost at least 15k in a year time? N sellers of 2nd hand bikes will sell their bike super high.

tionghan
    track & trail
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well.. unique singapore... where no citizen owns a vehicle. all rent from government. 10 years rental.. excluding insurance road tax repair change tyre change rim change paint ...........
    speed and be home 5 mins early or 7 days late.

wait4me
    my friend's , friend is my enemy
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

can start listening to killing me softly with his song ..
    一路向北 4 EVER , my friend

HaiR1
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tionghan View Post
    well.. unique singapore... where no citizen owns a vehicle. all rent from government. 10 years rental.. excluding insurance road tax repair change tyre change rim change paint ...........

There's a reason why they have a quote, "Uniquely Singapore"

ah786786
    has no status.
    Class 2
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SO much so for voting for For the man in white group.
    Not only increase in COE for bike,soon might be COE for bicycle,erp for us to walk around.

Throttle
    needs a holiday
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thats a totally shallow way of looking at things, dude.

You know that yourself

teambhp
    has no status.
    Class 2
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ah786786 View Post
    SO much so for voting for For the man in white group.
    Not only increase in COE for bike,soon might be COE for bicycle,erp for us to walk around.
    Anti pap????!

shamiryaw
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Motorcycle QP currently $4800 as of 9/10/14. Renew coe better or purchase new bike? Hmmm

MR BIKER
    statue but not status
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by teambhp View Post
    Anti pap????!
    I dont think we are mainly anti pap. but getting frustrated with alot of changes and everything seems on the increase but our salaries not increasing accordingly to the increase in other factors. eg: our salary increase say $50 a year. but look coe in february suddenly jump so much in march onwards. another look: cars from malaysia coming to here VEP suddenly jump from 20 to 35. people may say. good so less malaysian car into our roads, but the effect snowball .
    i really wonder how many citizens are really very worried about their ricebowl daily. i am sure the out of the 60%, many of them still worry.

wait4me
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the higher ups wont worry
    the middle class , in future then worry when they are old .
    the young , oh welll ...
    一路向北 4 EVER , my friend

ah786786
    has no status.
    Class 2
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well said,
    looking at the ways things are going looks more like we are a "business" to them.
    Not Anti-PAP,go work ERP come home ERP,go out also have ERP,But still bottle neck at gantry area,still have cisco to monitor.
    But guess slowly everyone will be fustrated at the way the cost of living is increasing rapidly,esp things which the govt has control of and making business out of it rather than a solution.

kaiq
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ERP is no longer a measure to control traffic flow (or rather, maybe 30% of it is true). This saying was a thing of the past, we have to get past that else we're just sticking in the mud.

ERP is now a mainly a means of revenue, everyone knows that. Revenue for what? Nobody knows. Maybe to invent the GPS ERP system, plant more trees on the road, or repair the traffic light that some gudo knock down... everything cost money in our country.

MR BIKER
    statue but not status
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ERP is no longer a measure to control traffic flow (or rather, maybe 30% of it is true). This saying was a thing of the past, we have to get past that else we're just sticking in the mud.

ERP is now a mainly a means of revenue, everyone knows that. Revenue for what? Nobody knows. Maybe to invent the GPS ERP system, plant more trees on the road, or repair the traffic light that some gudo knock down... everything cost money in our country.
    You said ERP is a means of revenue. For what?? surely you know. for their million dollar salary lah

blacksilver
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After charging $4800 per COE, now there are just 3 more COE's monthly for the next 3 months, a laughable effort.Look at the stats on the number or COE'S Allocated to Open Cat and Big Cars combined... greed is good . So now 10% instead of 15% of Quota returned to Open Cat, they're still sucking us bikers dry. I don't see why bike COE's should be given to Open Cat!Do LTA have any stats on how many bikes are registered with OPEN CAT COE's?
    Life's just not fair and that's a FACT!

TsuchimiRin
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blacksilver View Post
    After charging $4800 per COE, now there are just 3 more COE's monthly for the next 3 months, a laughable effort.Look at the stats on the number or COE'S Allocated to Open Cat and Big Cars combined... greed is good . So now 10% instead of 15% of Quota returned to Open Cat, they're still sucking us bikers dry. I don't see why bike COE's should be given to Open Cat!Do LTA have any stats on how many bikes are registered with OPEN CAT COE's?
    Life's just not fair and that's a FACT!
    This also explains just how much the leaders are slapping themselves across their faces, they keep saying there is a need to solve congestion by limiting amount of vehicles and yet the COE quota shows the introduction of more congestion causing vehicles. I am beginning to wonder are the leaders tripping or are we just being treated like idiots who does not understand simple mathematical calculations?
    My posts are based on peaceful discussion, honest questions happy jokes. If for any personal reason u find my post not suiting your ego, scrolling and clicking is always faster than typing. Not hearing my retorts to your rude remarks only means I have confirmed that your upbringing is that of barbarians.

Your Perspective on life comes from the cage you were held captive in. - Shannon L. Alder

wait4me
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the KPI is money earned ... full stop
    一路向北 4 EVER , my friend

Cyanide14
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

btw why didnt the VEP for Malaysian bikes raised since the COEs for bikes now so expensive?
    If i remember the last time LTA raised VEP for Malaysian bikes was in Sept 2003.
    Why still havent raise?

denser
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

did they increase the entry fee at custom?

ah786786
    has no status.
    Class 2
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For cars and commercial vehicles

Marshmellow Man
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

looks like COE for motorcycle only one way up.......

CoolieND
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting that 49 of the 367 COEs in the 2nd exercise were not allocated; that means that the top 50+ unsuccessful bids were for the exact same amount, correct?

With an additional 49 COEs flowing into the 1st exercise in January 2015, perhaps we will see a drop in the Cat D COE price to start the new year?

ah786786
    has no status.
    Class 2
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

should cap COE at a amount,instead of up&up

wait4me
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nex time can tell granfather story liao

once upon a time COE for bike were in their hundreds.
    一路向北 4 EVER , my friend

NiteSun
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Remember to vote correctly next GE.

kaiq
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Useless, both side didn't do anything to drop our coe now... I habu heard anyone in parliment commenting about the hike in motorcycle coe.

denser
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

most of the time made the most noise were those riches, when Car COE up they'll kpkb, to them bikes are their toys..

matthias76
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vote for PAP so that we can

1. have less motorcycles on the road, cos the road conditions nowadays are too dangerous for motorcycles, i.e. pot holes, patches which resembles humps running parallel with roads.
    2. have high class shoe box apartments which we call HDB flats (sometimes even premium). These flats are small in sizes so as to enable the owner to spend less effort in cleaning and also save the owner money since he can't buy too much furniture.
    3. have less beds in hospitals, so that we should keep ourselves healthy or choose the Advance Medical Directive to die quickly to prevent burdening our loved ones.
    4. have less freedom of speech, so that we don't need to listen to the truth about what people are telling us about our CPF.

I am not anti-PAP. Their policies make SINGAPORE very rich to the extent that the GARHMEN can keep losing money in our GIC investments and still not feel the pain. Just that I am still very poor in cash, but whenever i look at my CPF statement, I feel rich. Hopefully I can live till 67 or longer so that I can draw out $1200 every month, and maybe even sell back the remaining lease on my shoebox apartment, so that I no need to pick up cardboard and drink cans when foreigners take over my job.

I think a lot of sheeple think the same way i do.

PAP huat ah!!

MR BIKER
    statue but not status
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My relative only 56 just passed away.cancer. i think he just smelled his cpf and then off he goes. probably his family is sad. i worked in hospital. saw many young people 20s, 30s and 40s. many got diisease. waiting time only. i wonder how many of us worker can really live up to 67 and enjoy that $1200 a month. 'THEY' presume that in future economy will be so bad and thus increasing our Retirement Account or whatever. so will that 1200 be enough?? ME?? awaiting 3 more years to get that maybe $5k. Yahooooo. probably get a brand new motorbike coe and will sell to the highest bidder(hopefully by that time GAHMENT will allow coe to be sold separately once bought.

Please take it as a joke. Just lamenting

Siphon
    is a ridiver
    Class 2B
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

or repair the traffic light that some gudo knock down... everything cost money in our country.
    I guess you are not aware... If u knock down any "public" property you get to pay for its replacement... Traffic light post is ok... Try knocking out the controller at the junction... It's better known as junction.... Hint... It's 5 figures...

Siphon
    is a ridiver
    Class 2B
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Useless, both side didn't do anything to drop our coe now... I habu heard anyone in parliment commenting about the hike in motorcycle coe.
    I wonder how many bike riders are in the parliament...
    I vote 1...

matthias76
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Siphon View Post
    I wonder how many bike riders are in the parliament...
    I vote 1...
    The Hammers did raise some questions on Motorcycle COE, but stupid ones. Like will Garhmen consider segregating the motorcycle COE to different class, i.e. 2b 2a and 2. knn, use a bit of brain la. No brain then come to Singapore Bike Forum and read why motorcycle coe shouldn't be split into 3 category.

Someone suggested this to me about the motorcycle COE crazy rise. There are still a lot of non EURO IV bikes especially 2-strokers. The only way to get these 2-strokers off the road is to price them off the street. Repairs and restoration for most 2-strokers are still quite affordable. So the only way is to make the price of COE to become extremely exorbitant so that these owner would not be able to keep these bikes on the road.

What do you think?

matthias76
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MR BIKER View Post
    My relative only 56 just passed away.cancer. i think he just smelled his cpf and then off he goes. probably his family is sad. i worked in hospital. saw many young people 20s, 30s and 40s. many got diisease. waiting time only. i wonder how many of us worker can really live up to 67 and enjoy that $1200 a month. 'THEY' presume that in future economy will be so bad and thus increasing our Retirement Account or whatever. so will that 1200 be enough?? ME?? awaiting 3 more years to get that maybe $5k. Yahooooo. probably get a brand new motorbike coe and will sell to the highest bidder(hopefully by that time GAHMENT will allow coe to be sold separately once bought.

Please take it as a joke. Just lamenting
    Uncle Biker, I trust you have put in honest work to have that amount of yours to be "escrowed" inside the Garhmen piggy bank. Like a famous epitaph would describe us both

"Where you are now, I once were. Where I am now, you soon will be"

I am still some years away from 67. But my current CPF OA is $0. Yes. Its ZERO cos my HDB mortgage loan zaps everything from the OA every month. So is my spouse. Hers have been a glaring ZERO since few years ago when she stopped working.

Garhmen say next time can pledge property to fulfil minimum sum. I got another 17 years to go on my loan and will probably need to do cash top-up for my loan in 4 years time (when my employer CPF contribution reduces due to age bracket). When I fully redeemed my loan when I am 56, hopefully I won't be replaced by a cheaper Pinoy or Bangaladeshi. From 56 to 67 is only 9 years, if I can eat Maggi Mee everyday (at work and at home) and stay at home dun go out for the nine years, I probably can save up somemore in order to have a withdrawal of $1200 per month from my RA (CPF) when I am 67.

Makes me happy just thinking about it.

PAP Huat Ah!!

P.S. on the point of bequeathing CPF. I always have a question but dunno who to ask. OA and SA can be withdrawn when a member dies. However, MA cannot, it will only be transferred to the nominee. What happens when someone dies without a nomination or when he or she has no one to nominate? Ah Gong makan everything?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast