User Tag List

Results 1 to 25 of 25

Thread: defensive riding course by BBDC

  1. #1
    MASCARA
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    72
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default defensive riding course by BBDC



    Hi, Everyone,

    I attended the DRC by BBDC today after finding out about the course through a posting here.

    Personally I was wondering what can a half day course teach anyone, left me doubting whether it was worth getting up at 6.30am and go to BT. BATOK for the course since I stay in Pasir Ris.

    What we think we know often end up being the wrong thing and I was glad that I attended the course, since it reminded us on the various mistakes we commit while on the road and during the practical lesson, a very good reminder how to execute the lean in, lean out and the wide lean, properly.

    You can imagine how many of us made mistakes, fell off the bike, crash into pylons, and we thought we knew everything when we got the license!!!

    I encourage everyone to attend the course with a positive mindset and come out a better motorcyclist.

    Today's course was conducted by Mr. Masagoes.

  2. #2
    adiva78
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    61
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    How much is the course fee?
    Any other center conducting this course in the near future ?
    Thanks

     

     
  3. #3
    coolzone
    has no status.
    Class 2A
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    579
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mascara View Post
    hi, everyone,

    i attended the drc by bbdc today after finding out about the course through a posting here.

    Personally i was wondering what can a half day course teach anyone, left me doubting whether it was worth getting up at 6.30am and go to bt. Batok for the course since i stay in pasir ris.

    What we think we know often end up being the wrong thing and i was glad that i attended the course, since it reminded us on the various mistakes we commit while on the road and during the practical lesson, a very good reminder how to execute the lean in, lean out and the wide lean, properly.

    You can imagine how many of us made mistakes, fell off the bike, crash into pylons, and we thought we knew everything when we got the license!!!

    I encourage everyone to attend the course with a positive mindset and come out a better motorcyclist.

    Today's course was conducted by mr. Masagoes.

    hi mascara ,

    thanks for sharing , it really sounded very good indeed !

    Everyone should look at it as a resfresher course , even tho u ride day in n day out , some mistakes n bad habits needed pointing out , and if possible to correct them .

    Many accidents happened because riders are complacent n to some extent , over confident about situation.

    I witnessed many experienced riders with big machines almost always never check blindspot and look left whenever they turn !!!! Always assuming that others will give way , until its too late .

    Sometimes this kind of minor mistakes can cause a life , it is not worth the risk !


    Mascara , appreciate if u can give us more info as to how , where , when to make registration , the cost etc etc

    even if it cost , i think its worth the knowledge and u never know it would turn up to be the info that save your life !!!!

    Safety n defensive riding might be the key to stayin alive !!!! Together we make the road a safe place for everyone.

  4. #4
    MASCARA
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    72
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adiva78 View Post
    How much is the course fee?
    Any other center conducting this course in the near future ?
    Thanks
    Hi, Adiva,

    The course fees is only $50+ so it is really affordable.

    Sorry, but I really don't know which centre does the course except BBDC since I literally grew up there! , and you can call
    BBDC to let them know you are interested and once they have enough people , they will conduct the course, they don't have a fix schedule,since
    a lot of corporate companies engages BBDC to conduct the course for their riders.

    Check them out , I think it will be worth your time and effort.

    Cheers!

  5. #5
    MASCARA
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    72
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by coolzone View Post
    hi mascara ,

    thanks for sharing , it really sounded very good indeed !

    Everyone should look at it as a resfresher course , even tho u ride day in n day out , some mistakes n bad habits needed pointing out , and if possible to correct them .

    Many accidents happened because riders are complacent n to some extent , over confident about situation.

    I witnessed many experienced riders with big machines almost always never check blindspot and look left whenever they turn !!!! Always assuming that others will give way , until its too late .

    Sometimes this kind of minor mistakes can cause a life , it is not worth the risk !


    Mascara , appreciate if u can give us more info as to how , where , when to make registration , the cost etc etc

    even if it cost , i think its worth the knowledge and u never know it would turn up to be the info that save your life !!!!

    Safety n defensive riding might be the key to stayin alive !!!! Together we make the road a safe place for everyone.



    Hey Coolzone,


    The course fees is only $50+ so it is really affordable.

    Sorry, but I really don't know which centre does the course except BBDC since I literally grew up there! , and you can call
    BBDC to let them know you are interested and once they have enough people , they will conduct the course, they don't have a fix schedule, since
    a lot of corporate companies engages BBDC to conduct the course for their riders.

    Check them out , I think it will be worth your time and effort.

    Cheers!

  6. #6
    Hydher
    Is selling his GSXR1000
    SBF Phantom Knights Hydher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,551
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    The only reason I took this course was because of SAF requirements.

    I found it a waste of my time.
    Dragstar 400 classic & Zx6r

  7. #7
    MASCARA
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    72
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hydher View Post
    The only reason I took this course was because of SAF requirements.

    I found it a waste of my time.
    I guess it is subjective as to whether it is a waste of time or not.......

    Not all riders remember all the safety aspects which was taught during our training, and if anything else the DRC course
    serves as a gentle reminder to riders who may have forgotten what was taught.

    For me the $50+ was well spent, regardless of whether we are a "expert" rider or not.

  8. #8
    MASCARA
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    72
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MASCARA View Post
    I guess it is subjective as to whether it is a waste of time or not.......

    Not all riders remember all the safety aspects which was taught during our training, and if anything else the DRC course
    serves as a gentle reminder to riders who may have forgotten what was taught.

    For me the $50+ was well spent, regardless of whether we are a "expert" rider or not.


    Btw, I don't work in BBDC neither do I get a commission for promoting the DRC courses.

  9. #9
    Keoni
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    North
    Posts
    178
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    SSDC conducts DRC too.
    But from what I know, how effective the course is depends very much on the instructor conducting it. Seems like different instructors teach different things. I have encountered instructors who seemed more interested in showing off their skills rather than teaching what is relevant for daily riding. Balancing on a stationary bike? That's defensive???
    Personally, I wouldn't go for it.
    I have attended a defensive course overseas and I find their approach much more effective than what we get in our driving centres.
    Honda CG145, Honda CB150R ExMotion. And a few others in between...

  10. #10
    rogngts
    has no status.
    Class 2B rogngts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    256
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    just went for one at Ubi today.. overall okay..as mentioned a good way to refresh after so many years...

  11. #11
    Syxxkir
    has no status.
    L Plate Syxxkir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    15
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Trying my luck here... Anyone willing to sell me their RTT slot in the early august. Preferable 1st 2nd week of august. Willing to pay for the slot.

    If you do pls ctc 9 2 2 3 four three three 1

    Thanks.

     

     
  12. #12
    crazydj
    is the Master of Magical Fuel Penguins
    TeePee crazydj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3,505
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    I conduct Offensive Riding Course. If got enough people, i might open a class.
    [2005 Yamaha YBR 125]


  13. #13
    rockdale
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    7
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    thanks for the info. Will try it out.

  14. #14
    jacktan23
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    56
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    this DRC got teach riders what to do when the bike skid in the wet?

  15. #15
    MASCARA
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    72
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jacktan23 View Post
    this DRC got teach riders what to do when the bike skid in the wet?
    There is only the aspect of bike handling to prevent skidding.

    Practical lessons only handle the finer points of bike handling.

    Nothing is touch on actual handling a a skidding bike.

    But it is a useful refresher.

  16. #16
    MASCARA
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    72
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jacktan23 View Post
    this DRC got teach riders what to do when the bike skid in the wet?
    There is only the aspect of bike handling to prevent skidding.

    Practical lessons only handle the finer points of bike handling.

    Nothing is touch on actual handling a a skidding bike.

    But it is a useful refresher.

  17. #17
    Yatz86
    is awesome!
    SBF Fazers Yatz86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Hougang
    Posts
    5,020
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    FYI. Free defensive riding course for NTUC motorcycle insurance policyholders.

    Will even get one time 10% off from next year insurance fee

    http://orangesafe.com.sg/registernow.html
    YAMAHA FZ1S ABS 2K12

  18. #18
    kaiq
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    2,792
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Good info, thanks man!

    Quote Originally Posted by Yatz86 View Post
    FYI. Free defensive riding course for NTUC motorcycle insurance policyholders.

    Will even get one time 10% off from next year insurance fee

    http://orangesafe.com.sg/registernow.html

  19. #19
    guangwei
    has no status.
    Class 2
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    828
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yatz86 View Post
    FYI. Free defensive riding course for NTUC motorcycle insurance policyholders.

    Will even get one time 10% off from next year insurance fee

    http://orangesafe.com.sg/registernow.html
    while i believe its like defensive riding course, u still have to attend the course to enjoy the 10% even if u already had defensive course...
    correct me if im wrong because i had already register for the course since its free even tho i had defensive riding before from saf subsidise.. :S

  20. #20
    kaiq
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    2,792
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I went for the course last Sat. It's a defensive riding course (basic). Got theory and pratical half day course. It's under NTUC, just that they liases with 3rd party trainers to conduct the course; in this case - CDC & BBDC.

  21. #21
    Rom
    has no status.
    P Plate Rom's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Jurong West
    Posts
    116
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by guangwei View Post
    while i believe its like defensive riding course, u still have to attend the course to enjoy the 10% even if u already had defensive course...
    correct me if im wrong because i had already register for the course since its free even tho i had defensive riding before from saf subsidise.. :S
    Yes still free. Took mine last august @ BBDC.

     

     
  22. #22
    nx16
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    64
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I attended Orange Safe course in Sep, theory ard 1.5 hrs, practical ard 2hrs, using class 2B bike.
    10% discount when you renew next insurance.

  23. #23
    ticktock
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    10
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Thanks for sharing

  24. #24
    MRliqiang
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    58
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    upzzz for sharing! Everyone should learn some defensive riding. it's really important and can save lives of yourslef and others.

  25. #25
    Brasso
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I just contacted BBDC, and their defensive course is now $144.45 after gst.
    0800hrs - 1500hrs

    Not sure why the price jacked up so much.

    Anyway, I am planning to open a class on one Sunday.
    Min 5 pax to open a class. Need 3 more pax.

    Interested riders please PM me. Thanks.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •