has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default I need some explanation

Today was a rainy day, I parked my bike at Caltex petrol station near Clementi Road, a porsche car reversed into my bike, but I managed to stop it from knocking over, but the back of the car collided with the front wheel, there was a squeaking sound when i front braked, before that, there was none, i had to replace the brake pads, can the brake pads be damaged due to the collision or is it due to build up of rust and moisture as it was raining heavily that caused the front brake to make the screeching sound? Please help!!!

kaiq
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have you tried spraying little bit of lubricant onto your disc's surface where it contacts with your brake pad? I did that to remove the squeaking sound.

Brake disc will rust if you expose it to rain, but rust will drop off when you applying brake. You'll hear some squeaky sound then.

beginner444
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kaiq View Post
    Have you tried spraying little bit of lubricant onto your disc's surface where it contacts with your brake pad? I did that to remove the squeaking sound.

Brake disc will rust if you expose it to rain, but rust will drop off when you applying brake. You'll hear some squeaky sound then.
    So it is not due to the collision, the collision is not great but it turned my wheel when the car hit it before i stopped the car, thanks, i will apply the lubricant.

Siphon
    is a ridiver
    Class 2B
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm... better to check on the bearings and disk... it may be a little wrap or damaged. Front wheel if anything goes wrong while riding... its super man flying... unlike rear where have more chance of handling it...

seahmh
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by beginner444 View Post
    Today was a rainy day, I parked my bike at Caltex petrol station near Clementi Road, a porsche car reversed into my bike, but I managed to stop it from knocking over, but the back of the car collided with the front wheel, there was a squeaking sound when i front braked, before that, there was none, i had to replace the brake pads, can the brake pads be damaged due to the collision or is it due to build up of rust and moisture as it was raining heavily that caused the front brake to make the screeching sound? Please help!!!
    Bro, you may want to get your brakes checked by your mechanic. Don't play play with brakes. It can be fatal.

Get the brakes or brake pads checked and changed so that you can ride safely.

I think you may also want to consider about another issue -> Let's hope the Porsche driver is not so anal as to go claim against your insurance that you knocked into his/her Porsche rear.

Some drivers are just so anal. They will turn the words around and say you bang into their rear.

Just beware and take note of this, unless you have some written agreement that the Porsche driver admit it was his/her fault by reversing into your bike and will not claim against you.

If not, if he or she claims a original Porsche bumper plus re-spraying of paint against your insurance, I do not know how much it is going to cost you.

I am NOT trying to scare you or make you worry, but we have to take note that there may be some such anal drivers around, not just those driving Porsche.

Ride safe during this festive season.

Cheers.
    Honda Phantom TA200, FV5349A (19/04/2005 - 28/06/2006)
    Honda Super 4 Vtec 1, FS6537H (28/06/2006 - 13/02/2007)
    Yamaha FJR1300 ABS, FBB661H (13/02/2007 - 31/05/2008)
    Honda VFR800 ABS, FBB 404 J (31/05/2008 - 15/08/2009)
    ADIVA AD 200, FBD 36 C (15/08/2009 - 13/05/2010, 1430hrs)
    Yamaha FZ6N, FBA 7274 B (13/05/2010, 1430hrs - 03/05/2016, 1840hrs)
    Yamaha FZ8, FBF 61*9 T (07/05/2016, 1130hrs - )

ticks
    is learning supermoto
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thats a good advise for the claiming of bumper.

Anyway, one greater concern is the advise to spray 'lubricant' onto the disc surface where it contacts the pads.
    Just what lubricant is TS going to use..?

Bearing in mind that brakes work on the principle of friction...
    Ride fast..ride safe..don't crash...

beginner444
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by seahmh View Post
    Bro, you may want to get your brakes checked by your mechanic. Don't play play with brakes. It can be fatal.

Get the brakes or brake pads checked and changed so that you can ride safely.

I think you may also want to consider about another issue -> Let's hope the Porsche driver is not so anal as to go claim against your insurance that you knocked into his/her Porsche rear.

Some drivers are just so anal. They will turn the words around and say you bang into their rear.

Just beware and take note of this, unless you have some written agreement that the Porsche driver admit it was his/her fault by reversing into your bike and will not claim against you.

If not, if he or she claims a original Porsche bumper plus re-spraying of paint against your insurance, I do not know how much it is going to cost you.

I am NOT trying to scare you or make you worry, but we have to take note that there may be some such anal drivers around, not just those driving Porsche.

Ride safe during this festive season.

Cheers.
    Ok thanks, and i have checked with the mechanic, the brake pad had worn out, so it was a coincidence that the screeching sound happened just after the collision, but i still think it had to do something with the collision, mechanics are humans too.

Hydher
    Is selling his GSXR1000
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kaiq View Post

WTF Piece of crap advise is this?
    Dragstar 400 classic & Zx6r

ticks
    is learning supermoto
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hydher View Post

Good reply
    Ride fast..ride safe..don't crash...

duo
    would rather be a troll than the champion..
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hydher View Post

Either he is trying to be funny or one of those who got their own 'unexplained theories'. The last time I heard a similar advise years ago at a bicycle shop. Almost burst out laughing when the bicycle shop assistant said that to a customer. Thankfully I was just there to pump my tyres. I hope TS did not do it though.
    Last edited by duo; 19-11-2015 at 08:18 AM.
    KRGT-1
    I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride my bike..I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride it where I like..