User Tag List

Thread: Stop changing lane when you turn!

kaiq
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Stop changing lane when you turn!

This happened to me twice, so better bring this up. It's especially common with small cc bikes.

Everyone stop at red traffic light, 2 bikes are the first, one of each side of the lane. Then green turn right light is shown.

Both bikes moved to turn, but bike on the left chose to go turn in "a straight line" manner, which essentially cutting into right lane. Reason? "Shortest path to go is a straight line" or "my bike is faster than yours" mentality.

See the pic attached.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	two-lane-junction.jpg 
Views:	216 
Size:	17.7 KB 
ID:	317459

This will cause the bike on the right either to jam brake or hit the bike in front.

MR BIKER
    statue but not status
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hppened to just recently. I was on the right side while this Malaysian guy was slightly behind me on my left. Its always my habit to signal. After I turned, I signalled to the left and slowly go to the left. Suddenly this guy who was already on the left overtake me on my left nearly hitting. I asked him why he nearly hit me. He said I didnt signal.

keyxblade
    has no status.
    Class 2
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

never encounter this. mostly is turn from first lane to 2nd lane or 2nd lane to 3rd lane.

mechwira
    rides for recreation.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this goes both ways. the junction of commonwealth road right turn into clementi ave 6 towards PIE is exceptionally sharp. in that case, it is the right inner vehicle that has a tendency to overshoot into the left outer lane. i almost hit a biker that overshot this way, and in another occasion a taxi actually did sideswipe me in that manner (both times i was in my car btw not my bike).

It's true: it's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than to ride a fast bike slow. Admittedly, though... It is MOST fun to ride a fast bike fast!

kaiq
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

B.U.M.P. Almost hit a Duke last week in a similar manner - turning and cutting into another rider's lane at the same time. Happened again at Tampines Ave 10 turning Ave 1.

I suspect some riders really didn't realize they were cutting into other ppl's lane... follow the line on the road lah...

pufferfis
    Its CLOBBERING TIME!
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kaiq View Post
    B.U.M.P. Almost hit a Duke last week in a similar manner - turning and cutting into another rider's lane at the same time. Happened again at Tampines Ave 10 turning Ave 1.

I suspect some riders really didn't realize they were cutting into other ppl's lane... follow the line on the road lah...
    hornnn the bugger and shout at the fella...oiiii just passed last night ah....hahahahahha
    I ride at 70km/hr only...please please dont blow2 at me or overtake me dangerously....wait i change into Incredible Hulk n dont know why my little baby bike will always be ahead of u if u do that

kaiq
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I did. But upon seeing the look on his face, you will know that he's dun know why he kanna horned. That is the biggest problem.

pufferfis
    Its CLOBBERING TIME!
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kaiq View Post
    I did. But upon seeing the look on his face, you will know that he's dun know why he kanna horned. That is the biggest problem.
    Tendency these incidents happen more frequently nowadays as new riders come aboard thats y i usually will stick to the left most lane and keep to that lane....anyways just shout say hey you do know how to keep to your lane ah....so slow and cut pple lane one..walauweh...hahaha....
    I ride at 70km/hr only...please please dont blow2 at me or overtake me dangerously....wait i change into Incredible Hulk n dont know why my little baby bike will always be ahead of u if u do that

Orleng
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rossi is smart.

Cut up the fella on the inside and brake to push him wide off his line to slow him down. If he comes too close, kick him let his head touch your bike/knee and have a violent leg reaction.

Be like Rossi.
    Smile! Tomorrow will be worse.

SBT #1149 Price List

guangwei
    has no status.
    Class 2
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This thread reminds me of the malaysian kup.

Seems to me they are ignorant of which lane they are suppose to go to instead of what you think they have 'my bike is faster than yours mentality',
    Last edited by guangwei; 08-02-2016 at 05:26 AM.
    17 Nov 2011 - April 2013, NSR150 SP
    12 June 2013 - 23 Jan 2015, CBR400RRR
    23 February 2015 - 29 February 2016, YZF R6 2006
    12 March 2016 - 12 May 2017, CBR1000RR05
    July 2017 - Current, YZF R1 2008/CBF150

MRliqiang
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agree. So always remember to check your surroundings. I hate other motorcycles who always come so close while turning. Damn dangerous.

Lokess
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yup common for bikes. some cars do it too. especially for those turns into 4 or 5 line roads.