has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default SAF No.4 Uniform and Riders

Just wanted to start a small discussion about the No.4 uniforms all of us are familiar with.
    The SAF issued No.4 uniforms have patented camouflage capabilities to help our national servicemen hide their presence in the different environments they operate in.
    These capabilities break up a person's profile when the enemy looks at them from afar.
    With the introduction of the new uniforms over the last few years, these capabilities are enhanced.

When a rider decides to wear their full No.4 uniform without a jacket to break up the camouflage of the uniform,
    Wouldn't it decrease their visibility to other motorists?
    A similar comparison to this effect might be riding at night without their headlights on.
    This is especially true during the peak hours where our servicemen are usually on the roads(dawn and dusk)
    when it has been scientifically proven that a person's perception is at their lowest due to the changing light conditions.

Due to the nature of riding, motorcyclists are more physically exposed when an accident occurs.
    There may be times that this visibility is the determining factor to prevent an accident.
    Maybe there needs to be some sort of guidance or attention towards the use of No.4 uniforms for riders.

kaiq
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are thinking too much. If what you said is true then no one should wear white during the day and black during the night.

The camo clothings are not enough to camo us in this concrete jungle.

teambhp
    has no status.
    Class 2
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anon111 View Post
    Just wanted to start a small discussion about the No.4 uniforms all of us are familiar with.
    The SAF issued No.4 uniforms have patented camouflage capabilities to help our national servicemen hide their presence in the different environments they operate in.
    These capabilities break up a person's profile when the enemy looks at them from afar.
    With the introduction of the new uniforms over the last few years, these capabilities are enhanced.

When a rider decides to wear their full No.4 uniform without a jacket to break up the camouflage of the uniform,
    Wouldn't it decrease their visibility to other motorists?
    A similar comparison to this effect might be riding at night without their headlights on.
    This is especially true during the peak hours where our servicemen are usually on the roads(dawn and dusk)
    when it has been scientifically proven that a person's perception is at their lowest due to the changing light conditions.

Due to the nature of riding, motorcyclists are more physically exposed when an accident occurs.
    There may be times that this visibility is the determining factor to prevent an accident.
    Maybe there needs to be some sort of guidance or attention towards the use of No.4 uniforms for riders.
    Are u a soldier?

guangwei
    has no status.
    Class 2
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

trying to stir shyt to get nsf into trouble? -_-
    17 Nov 2011 - April 2013, NSR150 SP
    12 June 2013 - 23 Jan 2015, CBR400RRR
    23 February 2015 - 29 February 2016, YZF R6 2006
    12 March 2016 - 12 May 2017, CBR1000RR05
    July 2017 - Current, YZF R1 2008/CBF150

richiemong
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IMHO i think it doesnt make sense. I often ride in my uniform during peak hours and im still very visible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

baboonish
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think it affects much on the road. However my camp requires riders to don on protective vests with illuminated reflectives while riding in/out camp. I wouldn't bother taking it off and just ride to my destination so I guess that would help abit?

gliang
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok noted..