Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Coe result 04/03/2015

CAT A 61k
    CAT B 68.8k
    CAT D 5.5k

Was refreshing at http://www.onemotoring.com.sg/1m/coe/coeDetail.html every minute

Noticed it was $1 at 3.50pm.
    Then $2 to $3 at 3.55pm with about 299 bids received out of 289 quotas.
    Then last 5mins jump to $1001, then last 3 minute, immediately 4.5k (confirm shop bid this), when the 320th bid was received.
    and then gradually, 4.5, 4.8, 5k, 5.5k at the last 1 minute, all under the influence of the last 20-30 bids.

No bidders bid at 2k range apparently.

Guess the average COE is 5k at least from now on.
    4.5k is the least a shop would bid.
    Guess mac delivery and other fast food delivery gonna outsource their delivery riders to malaysian kups. local can only take electrical bicycles..
    Last edited by guangwei; 04-03-2015 at 04:21 PM.
    17 Nov 2011 - April 2013, NSR150 SP
    12 June 2013 - 23 Jan 2015, CBR400RRR
    23 February 2015 - 29 February 2016, YZF R6 2006
    12 March 2016 - 12 May 2017, CBR1000RR05
    July 2017 - Current, YZF R1 2008/CBF150

beginner444
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by guangwei View Post
    CAT A 61k
    CAT B 68.8k
    CAT D 5.5k

Was refreshing at http://www.onemotoring.com.sg/1m/coe/coeDetail.html every minute

Then last 5mins jump to $1001, then last 3 minute, immediately 4.5k (confirm shop bid this), when the 320th bid was received.
    and then gradually, 4.5, 4.8, 5k, 5.5k at the last 1 minute, all under the influence of the last 20-30 bids.

Guess mac delivery and other fast food delivery gonna outsource their delivery riders to malaysian kups. local can only take electrical bicycles..
    Go to hell with these **** dealers, try to buy second hand from each other first, don't buy from dealers during this time, screw them

Boon6600
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by beginner444 View Post
    Go to hell with these **** dealers, try to buy second hand from each other first, don't buy from dealers during this time, screw them
    Buy second also expensive, 1 yrs plus cub also cost 1.8 k. This equal about 1k for 1 year usage, so how to afford new or old. Going to buy bicycle, hope they don't come out coe for it and say they also take up space on the road.
    Hello, are you there......

kaiq
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't build up the norm that 4.5k is the "market" rate - the market rate should be less than 2k. 4.5k is way overpriced.

I very scare ppl get used to this price and after a while everyone is "ok" with it.

hachi
    waiting to down grade
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That why we should do self bidding, is easy 5 mins job at ATM.
    Dealers will only tell you $xxxxx on the rd pricing.
    COE is included, so they are not paying for it.
    Bikes Owned: LC125 RXZ135 GSXR400RP CB400VS CB400Spec2 SV650 02CBRF4i FZ1000 CBR929 05YZF-R6 CBR150 HondaSonic125 Yamaha_CygnusX125 KymcoGrandink_250 Hornet_250 04_Yamaha_Tmax Silverwing 400 FZ6_S2 GSXR600K7

Current bikes: NIL

Gear 4th

DeusExMachina
    ish farking bored
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We just need to curb our temptation for the next 3 months. Strangle the dealers. Don't buy a new bike.

guangwei
    has no status.
    Class 2
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My guess is out of 289 quota, only about 40-45 bids are made by random people trying their luck from $1 to $1k.

After that onwards, are shops bids, minimum 4.5k.

Thats why at the 320th bid, 31th bid after quota exceeded from 289. It jumped straight to 4.5k, because the first 31th bid by the public people have all been officially outbidded and its all the bikeshop outbidding each other from here onwards..

MR BIKER
    statue but not status
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My guess is out of 289 quota, only about 40-45 bids are made by random people trying their luck from $1 to $1k.

Thats why at the 320th bid, 31th bid after quota exceeded from 289. It jumped straight to 4.5k, because the first 31th bid by the public people have all been officially outbidded and its all the bikeshop outbidding each other from here onwards..
    YOU ARE TOTALLY RIGHT. the question is we as general public cannot be buying a coe every month. and the sad thing even if i have money and i bid say 1k and get it , i cant sell the coe to another buyer.

DeusExMachina
    ish farking bored
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And our oh-so-astute minister Jo Teo said that buyers would also bid high? Ridiculous.
    It has always been the dealer that is putting in stupid bids.

If LTA is willing to be cordial and transparent enough to reveal to us the name of the bidders from the last few exercises since the 25% COE supply cut, it would be quite revealing.

duo
    would rather be a troll than the champion..
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kaiq View Post
    Don't build up the norm that 4.5k is the "market" rate - the market rate should be less than 2k. 4.5k is way overpriced.

I very scare ppl get used to this price and after a while everyone is "ok" with it.
    I remembered the time I had to fork out 800+ for COE and I already feel its too expensive. But that is just me. Maybe due to it was way way lower previously.
    KRGT-1
    I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride my bike..I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride it where I like..

amigo123
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its not all because of dealer. Its the buyer that willing to pay for the COE. Even its the buyer that do the bidding. The result will still be the same.

kawa78
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DeusExMachina View Post
    And our oh-so-astute minister Jo Teo said that buyers would also bid high? Ridiculous.
    It has always been the dealer that is putting in stupid bids.

If LTA is willing to be cordial and transparent enough to reveal to us the name of the bidders from the last few exercises since the 25% COE supply cut, it would be quite revealing.
    transparent bidding is good and maybe a lower coe for bikers with 1 bike...for bikers who really need a bike as transport not collection.

blacksilver
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default electric bikes are the latest loophole which LTA is trying to plug

See my paper Wednesday for report.looks like some ex biker saw loophole in the law soon to be plugged. What's pushing sales of electric bikes is the costs of owning a normal petrol motorcycle. LTA is to blame partly as well as I'm sure many folk may think it's cheaper to own a "bicycle" , no tax,insurance, licenses, summonses etc no rules unless caught red handed at 120kmh!
    What's next from LTA? Bicycle licensing,tax and insurance??? They seem to be able to ride everywhere but can't be caught unless surrounded by tp

atco22
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bidding of COE should be done not as a quantum in dollars, but as a percentage of machine price.

If the eventual bid is 20.00%, then an owner who wish to purchase a vehicle that cost 5000 will pay 1000 for COE, while another who wish to purchase a vehicle which cost 60000 will pay 12000 for COE.

Some may ask, then isn't the rich subsidising the less well-off? The answer is yes. Our government says a vehicle is a luxury item, we say some NEED a transport. Those who buy expensive vehicles can afford to pay, so they pay more, those who need a transport, pay less!

atco22
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The higher they bid, the more they pay. Those who buy a cheaper transport will be penalised lesser.

beginner444
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Screw the dealers and screw the transport minister.

teambhp
    has no status.
    Class 2
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dun buy lor

and1slacker
    is super bored.
    Class 2
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CAT A 61k
    CAT B 68.8k
    CAT D 5.5k

Thanks for sharing. So now we all noe what really happened then.

and1slacker
    is super bored.
    Class 2
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems like now the dealers are trying to monopolise the market I suppose.

Boon6600
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If the price goes up, I plan to ride a bicycle

MR BIKER
    statue but not status
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The irony is while here we talk and plan at this thread, at the same SBF forum but in other thread, the are others who want to fulfill their riding dream, fantasies,enjoyment,work etc, are willing to get that 5.8k coe from dealers

Jehuty
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MR BIKER View Post
    The irony is while here we talk and plan at this thread, at the same SBF forum but in other thread, the are others who want to fulfill their riding dream, fantasies,enjoyment,work etc, are willing to get that 5.8k coe from dealers
    If you buy used, 5.8k is enough to sort out most bikes, even exotics. Hell you can do alot of things for 5.8k if you knew what to do with it.

You don't need a brand new bike to enjoy riding, also if its for work, used to be that the cheap 2B could pay for itself, that is no longer the case, might as well get something that can tour or track for your daily use or used because depreciation would offset the COE.

But how one spends their money is up to them, just my view on things.
    Last edited by Jehuty; 08-03-2015 at 02:02 PM.

Silent Hunter
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The hell with the dealers!

They know they can pass the cost of COE to the buyers so they just bid as much as they like as long as they can get their numbers.

I say we don't buy any bikes for 6 months. Take bus also endure.

See how they can tahan 1/2 year with no sales. After 6 months walk in and ask for new bike COE $1.00 don't have, don't buy. Walk in every week. If enough of us do that, it will happen again.

My first bike FW plate COE was really only $1.00.

All COEs cars or bike should really just be $1.00 it's just a piece of paper for goodness sake.
    Motorcyclist are the nicest people on the road, try not to kill us.

wait4me
    my friend's , friend is my enemy
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Hunter View Post
    The hell with the dealers!

They know they can pass the cost of COE to the buyers so they just bid as much as they like as long as they can get their numbers.

I say we don't buy any bikes for 6 months. Take bus also endure.

See how they can tahan 1/2 year with no sales. After 6 months walk in and ask for new bike COE $1.00 don't have, don't buy. Walk in every week. If enough of us do that, it will happen again.

My first bike FW plate COE was really only $1.00.

All COEs cars or bike should really just be $1.00 it's just a piece of paper for goodness sake.
    take bus ?? lol

and hor , u stand outside regina can see how many FBJ plate liao
    一路向北 4 EVER , my friend

matthias76
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

its a price mechanism. Rich Man's world money is just numbers.

Gahmen taking the easy way out by pricing everything (they find undesirable) out of reach. Cigarettes, liquor, cars, motorcycles the list goes on...

In the end, only the wealthy can enjoy whatever they like. They can gamble as much as they like, drink alcohol as much as they like, smoke as much as they like, have as many cars as they like, have as many motorcycles as they like.

No money? Then you suck thumb lor. Go squeeze in the MRT or buses. Bus/MRT breakdown? Too bad. Its public transport, what do you expect?

Kan the money sucking beaches and busturds setting the policies. Like that I primary school education also can become gahmen.

atco22
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

See LTA's reply on what I suggested :

Feedback on COE bidding system
    FEEDBACK NUMBER: 20150306-0788

We refer to your email of 6 March 2015.

With regards to your suggestion, we wish to explain that the review of the Vehicle Quota System (VQS) undertaken by the Government Parliamentary Committee (Communications) in 1999 had received similar suggestions to use scaling factors based on the Open Market Value (OMV) or price of a car to determine the COE premiums to be paid.

However, using the OMV or price of cars in the manner you have suggested could lead to some unintended and undesirable problems. This is because cars of the same model could have different OMVs and the OMV of a model could also fluctuate from time to time due to changes in both the exchange rates and the manufacturers' prices. These frequent changes in the OMV or price could result in confusion and uncertainty for those intending to bid for a COE.

The Committee also felt that using OMV or price as a basis would provide greater incentive for dealers to man. ipulate the OMV of cars.

For equity purposes, progressivity considerations are already incorporated in the tax structure of vehicles. Owners of a vehicle are required to pay the Additional Registration Fee (ARF), which depends on the OMV, on top of the COE premium when registering a new car. Therefore if a household or an individual decides to own more and expensive cars, he/she will be subjected to more taxes.

We thank you for writing in.

richiemong
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh well..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

beginner444
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wp.sg/2015/03/cos-2015-debate-mot-certificates-of-entitlement-coes-mp-lee-li-lian/

beginner444
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wp.sg/2015/03/cos-2015-debate-mot-certificates-of-entitlement-coes-mp-lee-li-lian/
    Support wp all the way

DeusExMachina
    ish farking bored
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's one problem with WP's argument. Splitting bike COEs like that will see 2B COEs remain high due to larger demand, while 2A and 2 COEs may drop due to lesser demand.

Doesn't help the delivery and despatch riders.

Ban dealer bidding is still the way to go.

Boon6600
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still support her as she will be the first to voice up bike concern

kaiq
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Even though it may not work, her request makes us feel at least we are not forgotten.

MR BIKER
    statue but not status
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We can discuss this until the cows come home .i dont think they will listen

guangwei
    has no status.
    Class 2
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IMHO, the big spike in changes of coe price is because of the manipulation of motorcycle coe at critical time when new euro emission standard are apply, causing panic bid and massive changes in average acceptable price.

I still cannot believe that from the year 2013 to 2014, there was a 50% number drop in motorcycle being deregistered to justify for the massive reduction in motorcycle COE.
    Last edited by guangwei; 16-03-2015 at 06:14 PM.

736cc
    Rocking on the road
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hard to tell yet
    Current Ride:
    W650 Cafe Racer
    FXSTC Softail Custom
    TW200 Tracker
    Zephyr ZII Custom
    CB750K
    CB400four