has no status.
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ah786786 View Post
    Same,worst part 2yr old bike i went to see is selling higher than its brand new price when it was bought in 2013.
    Everyone buy old bike also no use if 2nd hand bike owners decide on hiking the price. Can't blame them also, they need the funds to replace a new bike. Doubt anyone would be "kind" or charitable enough to disregard the current COE price and sell their bike.

Someone said this to me, "I kind to people, who kind to me?"

Sad if this is really how everyone thinks nowadays...

ah786786
    has no status.
    Class 2
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yea,the person selling the bike is selling 2k above market valve.
    He selling as nt using it anymore due to driving,he gave me a simple reason - COE now high,u either buy new and spend extra few thousand or buy mine and still save abit,WIN WIN for both.

Den i decided not to buy from people making money out of COE hike,but still there are some who sell at reasonable price but b4 i can view its sold -_-

Hope the situation change for the better.

kaiq
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you want to buy any bike now, regardless of new or old, you definitely must pay more than 1 year ago.

However, you are suggested to choose 2nd hand bike bcos it's supposed to be cheaper than brand new as of today's standard, plus you can stop contributing to the hike of coe.

The theory is if everyone stop buying new bikes, after a certain point of time, shops will also stop bidding new coes. They stop bidding, coe will drop.

guangwei
    has no status.
    Class 2
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kaiq View Post
    If you want to buy any bike now, regardless of new or old, you definitely must pay more than 1 year ago.

However, you are suggested to choose 2nd hand bike bcos it's supposed to be cheaper than brand new as of today's standard, plus you can stop contributing to the hike of coe.

The theory is if everyone stop buying new bikes, after a certain point of time, shops will also stop bidding new coes. They stop bidding, coe will drop.
    i dont agree.

if everyone keep buying 2nd hand bikes, no one will deregister, and then it justify them further to drop the coe quota driving coe up. well well well, why cant you guys notice the hike was all caused by the 80% to 100% reduction in quota supply back in 2013? :/

monthly cat d coe supply was about 900 to 1000 in 2012. Now its about 500 to 600. if the supply is insufficient, naturally ppl will spend more buying something that is scarce and needed
    Last edited by guangwei; 29-04-2015 at 02:28 AM.
    17 Nov 2011 - April 2013, NSR150 SP
    12 June 2013 - 23 Jan 2015, CBR400RRR
    23 February 2015 - 29 February 2016, YZF R6 2006
    12 March 2016 - 12 May 2017, CBR1000RR05
    July 2017 - Current, YZF R1 2008/CBF150

Jehuty
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by matthias76 View Post
    Everyone buy old bike also no use if 2nd hand bike owners decide on hiking the price. Can't blame them also, they need the funds to replace a new bike. Doubt anyone would be "kind" or charitable enough to disregard the current COE price and sell their bike.

Someone said this to me, "I kind to people, who kind to me?"

Sad if this is really how everyone thinks nowadays...
    People are greedy, its human nature, what to do, all don't wanna lose even though buying a bike is already a loss in the first place. Just a matter of how much you lose.
    Want to make money buy used kupkia and use it for work lor, cheaper than public transport, $500 SGD can do up the whole bike.

If you wanna get a brand new bike, get one you like, don't think about resale, wanna think about resale then either buy one that everyone is using like S4, Spark or DRZ OR buy something special like HP4 or Superleggera or Desmo.

kaiq
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you meant supply, not demand. I believed everyone knows about the main cause is due to quota drop, but that is hard to change on our end. We will need a policy maker to change that.

Buying 2nd hand bikes doesn't mean no one will deregister. Ppl can still deregister current bike and go buy 2nd hand bikes.

I think you said is half true. Let's think another way. If everyone buys 2nd hand bikes, there will be less bidding by bike shop cos their stock can't clear, hence eventually there will be left over coes, which is brought over to the next month, so quota increase. May work, may not work.

Anyway, buying 2nd hand bikes cannot be a long term measure. It has to be only a short term (maybe a few months in order to see it's effect). If not, bike shops and us will suffer ultimately. The problem is now everyone is rushing in to buy new coe, so somebody must back out for a while.

MR BIKER
    statue but not status
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what i dont understand is why in the world would they transfer coe that is not taken up to go to category d(open category). just put it back into its own category , not necesaarly the next month.if bike coe is lost every month to open category, it surely creating an imbalance. first of all, car can never equate to bikes. of course people will use their car or lorry to buy this open category coe rather than bike if the price 70k

ah786786
    has no status.
    Class 2
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by guangwei View Post
    i dont agree.

if everyone keep buying 2nd hand bikes, no one will deregister, and then it justify them further to drop the coe quota driving coe up. well well well, why cant you guys notice the hike was all caused by the 80% to 100% reduction in quota supply back in 2013? :/

monthly cat d coe supply was about 900 to 1000 in 2012. Now its about 500 to 600. if the demand is insufficient, naturally ppl will spend more buying something that is scarce and needed
    yes i understand that dereg bike the quota is recycled back to open cat rather than back to motorcycle cat.

ah786786
    has no status.
    Class 2
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the authority can do something about it,but why would they do it when their profit/income thru coe alone is very gd.
    Last edited by ah786786; 29-04-2015 at 04:39 PM.

guangwei
    has no status.
    Class 2
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MR BIKER View Post
    what i dont understand is why in the world would they transfer coe that is not taken up to go to category d(open category). just put it back into its own category , not necesaarly the next month.if bike coe is lost every month to open category, it surely creating an imbalance. first of all, car can never equate to bikes. of course people will use their car or lorry to buy this open category coe rather than bike if the price 70k
    That is indeed the controversial part you hit on of the COE system. I cannot understand it either. Unless we were to justify LTA's reason to maximise profit, since open cat COE are most valuable and can be bidded at the highest price.

Open cat coe are 100% used for big cars who have ran out of CAT B coe to bid, and decided to try it on open cat COE at a slightly higher price than cat B since they(comprises mostly of established, relatively rich at least, people) are lazy to wait for the next bidding exercise.
    17 Nov 2011 - April 2013, NSR150 SP
    12 June 2013 - 23 Jan 2015, CBR400RRR
    23 February 2015 - 29 February 2016, YZF R6 2006
    12 March 2016 - 12 May 2017, CBR1000RR05
    July 2017 - Current, YZF R1 2008/CBF150

MR BIKER
    statue but not status
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we are really in dip sh@@. we chat here and talk also no use. some MP talk on our behalf also no use.

beginner444
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only solution is to get rid of the policy maker, there is nothing else we can do to reverse the situation.

stsoh
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by guangwei View Post
    That is indeed the controversial part you hit on of the COE system. I cannot understand it either. Unless we were to justify LTA's reason to maximise profit, since open cat COE are most valuable and can be bidded at the highest price.

Open cat coe are 100% used for big cars who have ran out of CAT B coe to bid, and decided to try it on open cat COE at a slightly higher price than cat B since they(comprises mostly of established, relatively rich at least, people) are lazy to wait for the next bidding exercise.
    until now u realized everything is a huge lies.....
    cat A, B & E = cars, cars and cars.
    vs
    cat D = motorcycle, no money $$$, no talk.
    in addition, cut cat D quotas for cat E, increasing cars quotas further.
    its all about money $$$, if cat D coe went up to $10k, maybe, just maybe quotas will be added.

edit:
    coe is money spinning machine, even if leaders r change, there still no hope for poor bikers in the future.
    only the rich will ride, not the poor.
    to upkeep sillypore needs S$400 billion annually, every sillyporeans baby, child, teens, men, women, grandfather, grandmother, one foot in the coffin, ........etc, all every single one had a debt of S$80k per person. if u dont realize this, u simply r a frog in a well, not knowing who is paying all the bills.
    Last edited by stsoh; 29-04-2015 at 07:59 PM.

resistanc
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey hey hey, COE Cat D (motorcycle) dropped to $6,512.... maybe the rising trend is changing? hopefully ar...

resistanc
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stsoh View Post
    from wat i heard, lta implement euro emission 3 standard this yr.
    most bike shop with new bikes (not euro emission 3 std) cannot be sold, so bike shops r trying to get use bikes.

anyway, most will go for electric bike at $2k, a lot cheaper than paper gold coe.

check this out, coolest electric bike.
    http://www.urbanridesinc.com/

https://www.facebook.com/urbanridesinc
    woah,... the electric scooter very chio, and yep, no need COE. hhahah

stsoh
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by resistanc View Post
    Hey hey hey, COE Cat D (motorcycle) dropped to $6,512.... maybe the rising trend is changing? hopefully ar...
    carrot hanging in front of u, endlessly chasing it. yours hopefully is 100% hopelessly.
    u should acknowledge by now, for every three bikes scrap, two will be transfer to cat 'E' (car) category as one quota, only one will return back to cat 'D' (motorcycle) category quota.
    do u really think it possible for cat 'D' coe to drop? ...........hopeless wish.

Jehuty
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stsoh View Post
    carrot hanging in front of u, endlessly chasing it. yours hopefully is 100% hopelessly.
    u should acknowledge by now, for every three bikes scrap, two will be transfer to cat 'E' (car) category as one quota, only one will return back to cat 'D' (motorcycle) category quota.
    do u really think it possible for cat 'D' coe to drop? ...........hopeless wish.
    Let your votes do the talking.

PREMIER123
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

maybe in time the coe will drop?

MR BIKER
    statue but not status
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it may drop but you wont see $1000 coe or less anymore

MR BIKER
    statue but not status
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think its very stupid. NOW at 213pm. everybody bid for ALL category $1. they should just start proper bidding at 355pm.

4pm --- $6500. might as well start bidding at 358pm. stupiakkkkk
    Last edited by MR BIKER; 20-05-2015 at 04:07 PM.

Jehuty
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MR BIKER View Post
    it may drop but you wont see $1000 coe or less anymore
    Possible, if they return to previous quotas.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12