User Tag List

Thread: 5 years for killing 4

duo
    would rather be a troll than the champion..
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default 5 years for killing 4

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/mobil...d/1841586.html

Justice? For those who do not know, the deceased is a rider from this forum. May he R.I.P.
    KRGT-1
    I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride my bike..I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride it where I like..

MR BIKER
    statue but not status
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I pray all the victim rest peacefully. Imagine limbs sheared off. Trainee pilot?? sad, very sad

stsoh
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

another case was given four months jail with four yrs driving licence suspension.
    he do a e-brake just to show a finger to another driver cause 9 vehicles piled-up n a motorcyclist death.

duo
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stsoh View Post
    another case was given four months jail with four yrs driving licence suspension.
    he do a e-brake just to show a finger to another driver cause 9 vehicles piled-up n a motorcyclist death.
    Not to forget there was also a woman who failed tp test more than a dozen times then drove boyfriend's car and killed an old woman. Jailed a few months only. These are only the ones that appear in the news. There could be others not revealed.
    KRGT-1
    I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride my bike..I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride it where I like..

MR BIKER
    statue but not status
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i find the sentencing is very ilogical. kill 1 get 3-4 years, kill 4 get 5. life if not so precious anymore it seems

stsoh
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by duo View Post
    Not to forget there was also a woman who failed tp test more than a dozen times then drove boyfriend's car and killed an old woman. Jailed a few months only. These are only the ones that appear in the news. There could be others not revealed.
    now with the new licence 3C(A) implement, wat will happen in future with all those passed theory allow to drive without practical driving experience?
    more n more road kills.

Jehuty
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Life or death penalty for boy who shot the cop in a struggle. We live in country run by stupid but powerful people.

mechwira
    rides for recreation.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3 example scenarios:

1) Person A gets into an argument with somebody. He picks up a knife and purposely stab the other person to death.

2) Person B work overtime non-stop 24h. Gets into car in very sleepy state, fall asleep at the wheel and hit a pedestrian and pedestrian died.

3) Person C just for fun play with fire outside someone's house for no reason. House catch fire and one occupant dies.

In all 3 stories, a person dies. But in the eyes of the law, only story 1 is considered murder. if you can't accept how the law works, thats fine, but the idea that this law application is unique to S'pore and/or our government, would be wrong because any modern country from US to Europe would also have laws that consider the three stories differently and take only 1 as murder. Death by negligence, death by reckless behaviour, death because really someone purposely kill, not the same in law and therefore not the same punishment.

It's true: it's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than to ride a fast bike slow. Admittedly, though... It is MOST fun to ride a fast bike fast!

rerere
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ouch.....pain

Jehuty
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mechwira View Post
    3 example scenarios:

1) Person A gets into an argument with somebody. He picks up a knife and purposely stab the other person to death.

2) Person B work overtime non-stop 24h. Gets into car in very sleepy state, fall asleep at the wheel and hit a pedestrian and pedestrian died.

3) Person C just for fun play with fire outside someone's house for no reason. House catch fire and one occupant dies.

In all 3 stories, a person dies. But in the eyes of the law, only story 1 is considered murder. if you can't accept how the law works, thats fine, but the idea that this law application is unique to S'pore and/or our government, would be wrong because any modern country from US to Europe would also have laws that consider the three stories differently and take only 1 as murder. Death by negligence, death by reckless behaviour, death because really someone purposely kill, not the same in law and therefore not the same punishment.
    In other countries driving drunk is tantamount to manslaughter because you knowingly put yourself in a situation where you are compromised, likewise using a weapon in the states would not warrant a death penalty. Its not about not being able to accept, you don't have much choice but to.

Of course they might change the law if someone high profile gets killed by a drunk driver. Other than that the law here promotes drink driving in a way or at least it indicates if you wanted to kill someone, best to use a vehicle, you'll get a more lenient sentence.

kaiq
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I always tot the law here is based on intent. If someone is unable to be proven he has the intent to murder, as mostly seen on traffic accidents, he gets away with it.

MR BIKER
    statue but not status
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thats why there is a phrase : blind justice

tniki
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anyways, the perpetrator will not be able to sleep at night. RIP for the deceased.

duo
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tniki View Post
    anyways, the perpetrator will not be able to sleep at night. RIP for the deceased.
    Doubt so. He is appealing for a lighter sentence.
    KRGT-1

bairuina
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rip...............