Yikesyikes
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Class 2B Learners' Thread

Couldn't find one, so I made one. I thought it would be nice if all the 2B learners, like myself, have a thread to ask questions.

If there is a similar thread out there, please close this and possibly sticky the other thread?

Yikesyikes
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just completed 3rd try on lesson 2BL1. I'm having some issues balancing and stopping reliably on slow speeds. Quite often, I feel that the right side is tipping over and I had to put my right leg down once or twice. It doesn't feel like I am in complete control. Any tips?

---

Another query. What would you do if you're in a situation where:
    You are on a busy road with fast moving traffic. You are following a large vehicle. You try to leave additional space for better visibility and buffer time for any hazards. When you try to do so, the other vehicles would always cut in and fill up the space. You want to filter/split the lane and get ahead of the large vehicle, but the large vehicle is blocking your view and the gaps in traffic isn't wide enough.

What can/should you do? It seems like there is nothing the rider can do other than to stay in his lane and hope no accidents happen. In many other situations, there is often a way to make the hazards a lot more manageable. I can't see a way out of this. Especially with the traffic conditions in Singapore.
    Last edited by Yikesyikes; 28-08-2015 at 10:24 PM.

dreamer_toons
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yikesyikes View Post
    Just completed 3rd try on lesson 2BL1. I'm having some issues balancing and stopping reliably on slow speeds. Quite often, I feel that the right side is tipping over and I had to put my right leg down once or twice. It doesn't feel like I am in complete control. Any tips?

---

You are on a busy road with fast moving traffic. You are following a large vehicle. You try to leave additional space for better visibility and buffer time for any hazards. When you try to do so, the other vehicles would always cut in and fill up the space. You want to filter/split the lane and get ahead of the large vehicle, but the large vehicle is blocking your view and the gaps in traffic isn't wide enough.

What can/should you do? It seems like there is nothing the rider can do other than to stay in his lane and hope no accidents happen. In many other situations, there is often a way to make the hazards a lot more manageable. I can't see a way out of this. Especially with the traffic conditions in Singapore.
    On the issue of balancing and stopping, gripping the tanks and looking ahead, instead of looking at the point where I want to stop, works for me.

As for your 2nd query, i avoid lane splitting beside those heavy vehicles. Instead, I will do a lane change completely and overtakes that heavy vehicle. As far as possible, I avoid riding on the extreme left lane due to such heavy vehicles.

haoKR
    is a slow rider..
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Clutch control and determine where is your stopping point.
    I have the same problem too on my first lesson.

On your question, I will change lane and overtake it.
    Of course the above sentence comes with 5 years of road experience, and under safe condition.
    You may wanna think of this after u have your 2b.
    Good luck and don't give up

Ride Defensively; always.

Class BB2BDC - 11AUG2010
    Kawasaki KIPS -> 2010 ~ 2014
    Aprilia RS125(09) -> 2014 ~ 2017
    Class BB2ADC - NOV2016
    Suzuki DRZ -> 2017 ~ 2018
    Honda Revo -> 2018 ~

Yikesyikes
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the quick response both of you. I'll try them out on my next lesson. Cheers!

Just saw your signature HaoKR. Have you ridden both the 4 stroke and 2 stroke versions of the RS125? Is it a good beginner bike to look forwards to? Reading on the net, the 4 stroke versions seems to be very underpowered.

pufferfis
    Its CLOBBERING TIME!
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

---

That's a good question....if u r on the left most left lane behind a large slow vehicle.....vehicles to the right of ur lane are either big or faster....ride defensively by keeping to the right side of ur lane n ready ur electric horns so other vehicles cannot swerve in abruptly in front of u...keep checking ur right mirror and to ur right to make sure no vehicles are there....and when clear u can punch it to mach 1 to overtake....

or on the other hand...if you feel too many big vehicles to ur front n to ur right and to ur rear......keep to the left side of ur lane...make sure u can the see around 5 car length of clear space along the shoulder n make sure no bike behind u on the shoulder....punch it n clear to the front of the heavy vehicle....
    Ride as if ur invisible...that way u develop vision at least 7 cars ahead....and to lane to the left and to left most and to the right most lane.....and anticipate drivers who wld try to cut in recklessly....and keep away from them.....of coz what i suggest here may not be appealing to some others or may not be legal...but we two wheelers against 4 wheelers...we always lose if we have collision....so sometimes it pays not ride fair..... hazards are manageable if ur able to identify a way out early and oh yes....ur big mirrors are one of ur sixth sens toools........cheeers...
    Last edited by pufferfis; 29-08-2015 at 12:14 AM.
    I ride at 70km/hr only...please please dont blow2 at me or overtake me dangerously....wait i change into Incredible Hulk n dont know why my little baby bike will always be ahead of u if u do that

haoKR
    is a slow rider..
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the quick response both of you. I'll try them out on my next lesson. Cheers!

Just saw your signature HaoKR. Have you ridden both the 4 stroke and 2 stroke versions of the RS125? Is it a good beginner bike to look forwards to? Reading on the net, the 4 stroke versions seems to be very underpowered.
    Hi there, only rode e 2 stroke.
    If u are ready to fell, skid or drop your first bike. U need to think carefully here.

That's y I got a kr first. Actually I'm good with it but then I saw someone selling at a reasonable price and since my kr is only left with 2 years so..and I'm with it, my dream bike, love at first sight. Lol

Ride Defensively; always.

Class BB2BDC - 11AUG2010
    Kawasaki KIPS -> 2010 ~ 2014
    Aprilia RS125(09) -> 2014 ~ 2017
    Class BB2ADC - NOV2016
    Suzuki DRZ -> 2017 ~ 2018
    Honda Revo -> 2018 ~

Yikesyikes
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by haoKR View Post
    Hi there, only rode e 2 stroke.
    If u are ready to fell, skid or drop your first bike. U need to think carefully here.

That's y I got a kr first. Actually I'm good with it but then I saw someone selling at a reasonable price and since my kr is only left with 2 years so..and I'm with it, my dream bike, love at first sight. Lol
    Right, fairings do cost quite a bit. I guess its better if I look around the used section for some naked/street bikes.

bugeyed
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

---

Brake using foot brake only. Avoid using front brake for now. Once you get used to always using foot brake, chances of dropping your right foot will reduce considerably. Also, when braking, dont look down; look ahead.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

imt204
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, I'm going for my 2b orientation tomorrow at CDC, may I know if I need to being helmet for the orientation lesson?

ciscube
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No. You don't need a helmet. Just bring the booklet.

Sent from my 2014817 using Tapatalk

Yikesyikes
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks dreamer_toons and bugeyed for the advice. My low-steep control improved considerably. Still needs work though

Quote Originally Posted by imt204 View Post
    Hi, I'm going for my 2b orientation tomorrow at CDC, may I know if I need to being helmet for the orientation lesson?
    Not needed. No riding done. They'll talk about the lesson structure, the circuit, and some really basic stuff about the motorcycle.

lililianan
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am learning my 2b too. At SSDC... now at lesson 4, circuit assessment. Fifth try alr. ): Main point is my ebrake is inconsistent... I fell twice before. Then my Fig 8 too slow. Any tips?

idynamic
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lililianan View Post
    I am learning my 2b too. At SSDC... now at lesson 4, circuit assessment. Fifth try alr. ): Main point is my ebrake is inconsistent... I fell twice before. Then my Fig 8 too slow. Any tips?
    What do you mean by inconsistency in e brake? Do you mean you stop after the line? You need to react first (close throttle) and practice controlled (slowly squeeze and increase pressure until bike comes to a complete stop) braking with front and rear brakes with more emphasis to the front. The squeeze doesn't have to be slow, it just has to be done in increasing pressure.

For figure of 8, eye sight is important. Look into the direction you are going. Keep your throttle open and constant (maintain speed) and use rear brakes to slow down if necessary. Lean with the turn as well, don't be afraid to fall.

simeone82
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hope you pass already since this post was from last week.
    But if you think your ebrake is inconsistent and fig 8 slow. Go for a few CRs before your lesson 4. Use the CRs to keep practice your weak points.

dreamer_toons
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I fell during my ebrake during warm up before the evaluation; luckily, nothing was broken and the worst being my elbow with a deep cut. It took me months to recover.

idynamic has explained clearly about the techniques for ebrake and figure 8. My figure 8 was equally bad too because I was scared of falling and became too stiff; couldn't lean with the turn. The most important tip is to relax, see where you want to go and you will follow through. If you fix on the road or the kerb while rising inside the 8, you will fall or strike kerb.

Maybe you can do some mental rehearsals on exactly what you should do as outlined prior to the lessons and apply them during practices, so it becomes muscle memory.

rookie517
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

try to ride the figure 8 with 1 hand on the throttle.

do it many times and when u r ok, now ride with 2 hands
    u can ride with confident now.

this is how the instructor got us to ride, back in 1991
    the good old days...

www.smae.com.sg

lililianan
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello! Thanks for the tip! I sustained some injuries during the previous fall so i took awhile to recover and have not yet went for another lesson.

My main difficulty when doing ebrake is that I tend to brake too hard on the front brake causing it to lock and skid. I keep telling myself slowly but just can't get the hang of it.

I know I should go for CRs first since I haven't rode for about 2 weeks but it's too late now cause my lesson is later in the evening. HAHA. Thank you all for the tips and help. Will try my best!!

simeone82
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good Luck liliianan since your lesson is later in the evening. Take it easy.
    Haha if you are confident why not.

idynamic
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello! Thanks for the tip! I sustained some injuries during the previous fall so i took awhile to recover and have not yet went for another lesson.

My main difficulty when doing ebrake is that I tend to brake too hard on the front brake causing it to lock and skid. I keep telling myself slowly but just can't get the hang of it.

I know I should go for CRs first since I haven't rode for about 2 weeks but it's too late now cause my lesson is later in the evening. HAHA. Thank you all for the tips and help. Will try my best!!
    This sounds silly but practice squeezing a stress ball.

lililianan
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha. I failed my prac 4 again! This time was ebrake. I think I panicked and jammed my brake. The practices were all very smooth. Only during assessment, sigh. I will try squeezing a stress ball!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

idynamic
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha. I failed my prac 4 again! This time was ebrake. I think I panicked and jammed my brake. The practices were all very smooth. Only during assessment, sigh. I will try squeezing a stress ball!

Don't give up! Take your time to master the technique.

lililianan
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks!! On a side note, my fig 8 improved! Thanks guys for the tips !!!

Yikesyikes
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice, good to know that others received help from this thread too.

I finally got to Practical/Lesson 3 after 4x2BL2. I made a ton of mistakes but somehow passed. The instructor might have good intentions to be lenient, but I feel I would be stuck on the basics even while on lesson 3 (hazard course/slope).

Anyways, a question: I was following a car in the circuit. You know the cars in the circuit moves really slow. Following the car at really slow speeds in Gear 1/2, any throttle input would make the bike lunge/jerk. I assume should be half-clutching so any throttle inputs wouldn't be too much of a change for the bike to lunge?

idynamic
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice, good to know that others received help from this thread too.

I finally got to Practical/Lesson 3 after 4x2BL2. I made a ton of mistakes but somehow passed. The instructor might have good intentions to be lenient, but I feel I would be stuck on the basics even while on lesson 3 (hazard course/slope).

Anyways, a question: I was following a car in the circuit. You know the cars in the circuit moves really slow. Following the car at really slow speeds in Gear 1/2, any throttle input would make the bike lunge/jerk. I assume should be half-clutching so any throttle inputs wouldn't be too much of a change for the bike to lunge?
    I'm not any expert, haha. In fact, I haven't taken my TP hehehe - it is scheduled for 3 Nov! Below are my input and I hope that help you.

As a rule of thumb, the only time you should apply the half clutch technique is only when you are engaged in gear 1. And if you do the half clutch technique correctly, there shouldn't be any jerking forward. For the purposes of TP, you can overtake that car (especially relevant for public road). But chances are, there won't be that many cars during your TP. Just remember, however, that the failure to overtake a slow moving vehicle may (actually will) cause you some demerit points in the test.

However, if you are insistent on following behind the car especially inside the circuit, I suggest that you open and keep a constant throttle, then use your rear brake to slow you down. This helps keep you balanced as you move at slow speeds, something like going through the plank station.

MATT
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

generally, some tips for lessons and test, we have to prepare ourselves mentally, because if we are not, we tend to gabok and commit alot of mistakes..think about what action you are going to do in your mind first, and imagine yourself going through the circuit one round. and you will more or less have minimise your chance of mistakes..

more imptly is to relax yourself and dont stiff out, stiffening of body will affect the maneuver that you are going to make.. hope my 2cents is worth for the learners

Yikesyikes
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by idynamic View Post
    However, if you are insistent on following behind the car especially inside the circuit, I suggest that you open and keep a constant throttle, then use your rear brake to slow you down. This helps keep you balanced as you move at slow speeds, something like going through the plank station.
    Wow, I didn't thought of that. Thanks! I'll give it a try

MATT
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, I didn't thought of that. Thanks! I'll give it a try
    but becareful dont let the engine die la haha

charliefish
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi everyone! I'm also a newbie, anyone doing at bbdc?

idynamic
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by charliefish View Post
    Hi everyone! I'm also a newbie, anyone doing at bbdc?
    Hi, I am at BBDC! But waiting for TP! Which stage are you at now?

Lolipop245
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I learned my 2B license from BBDC. Passed on 5th December 2014. The instructors there are awesome. I failed each subjects n got to repeat many times before I can passed n proceed to the new subject. Highest so far I failed in a subject was 7 times.... So, even though u failed many time, no worries, keep practicing n one day ur skill will be so much better by the time u completed everything. Was asking around if is there anybody that has a group of bikers that hang out frequently so I can practice going around with my bike? Hehe....

charliefish
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@idynamic I'm.... Still on theory hahaha haven't started pracs, but joined this group first to see if I can glean any tips from people who have come before me
    @Lolipop245 thanks for your encouragement!

Genius
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by charliefish View Post
    @idynamic I'm.... Still on theory hahaha haven't started pracs, but joined this group first to see if I can glean any tips from people who have come before me
    @Lolipop245 thanks for your encouragement!
    There are tons of tips here. haha.. see which stage u don know just use search bar. Confirm can find one.

idynamic
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Genius View Post
    There are tons of tips here. haha.. see which stage u don know just use search bar. Confirm can find one.
    But if all else fails, you can always ask here! The only practical I had to repeat a second time was the slope one (practical 2.01)! I was having a bad flu that day then it rained also, couldn't concentrate well in lesson. The other practicals all cleared on first attempt!

Now just waiting for my TP on 3 Nov hehe! Probably gonna start scheduling some Self Practice sessions already!

Genius
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wah. not bad wor. Bike should be settled already? HAha

idynamic
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha... Haven't la! Don't know whether want to buy bike or not leh cause currently driving. Took up 2B for the fun of it.

idynamic
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For BBDC learners, I would strongly recommend that you read the practical book given by BBDC. It is very informative, and going for your lessons prepared is always better than going there and don't know what to expect.

I guess it is up to the discipline and attitude of the learner to do this.

lkm
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by idynamic View Post
    For BBDC learners, I would strongly recommend that you read the practical book given by BBDC. It is very informative, and going for your lessons prepared is always better than going there and don't know what to expect.

I guess it is up to the discipline and attitude of the learner to do this.
    Agreed! I'm presently with BBDC - still learning - and found the practical book very useful. At the very minimum, it gives me an idea of what to expect for that particular lesson. So no surprises.

gpang788
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool

[QUOTE=Yikesyikes;8346747]I'm having some issues balancing and stopping reliably on slow speeds. Quite often, I feel that the right side is tipping over and I had to put my right leg down once or twice. It doesn't feel like I am in complete control. Any tips?

---

I realise this this question is about 2 months old. But will still share my 2 cents worth just in case other brothers get into the same problem. For me, When I started, my problem was trying to stop without losing my balance. So I always tended to drop my right leg cos when stopping, always feel the bike tipping to the right. (Moving off was wobbly as well - eventually solved that problem on my own. Yes instructors don't always know how to help I realise.)

Finally one day, a very sharp eyed instructor pointed out to me just b4 you stop, just steer the handlerbar very slightly to the left, lean the bike slightly left, and open your left leg EXTRA wide. That solved the prob immediately! No more dropping my right leg! So female learners take note, this may make you look like a man but who cares

It just make you wonder such a simple thing yet no instructor ever pointed out to me? One even yelled at me for losing my balance instead of correcting me wtf! Anyways..

I am also new to bike riding. Currently just passed my pract 6 @ CDC last night waitiing for 7. Another 2 more to go b4 TP! Still can't believe this day would come haha...

gpang788
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lkm View Post
    Agreed! I'm presently with BBDC - still learning - and found the practical book very useful. At the very minimum, it gives me an idea of what to expect for that particular lesson. So no surprises.
    Does the practical book spell out which blind spot to check, when to check back right or left? when exactly to signal etc? Cos CDC no such book available?

At my stage, I am still confused about when to check what, and I have a class 3 lic and have been driving for more then 10 years wtf! Last time when taking class 3 no such stringent checks de. And I notice different instructors sometimes tell you different things?? Other than this my circuit no probs. So I think the only thing that would fail me would be blindspots and such.
    Last edited by gpang788; 13-10-2015 at 07:47 PM.

Genius
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=gpang788;8355400]
    I'm having some issues balancing and stopping reliably on slow speeds. Quite often, I feel that the right side is tipping over and I had to put my right leg down once or twice. It doesn't feel like I am in complete control. Any tips?

---

I realise this this question is about 2 months old. But will still share my 2 cents worth just in case other brothers get into the same problem. For me, When I started, my problem was trying to stop without losing my balance. So I always tended to drop my right leg cos when stopping, always feel the bike tipping to the right. (Moving off was wobbly as well - eventually solved that problem on my own. Yes instructors don't always know how to help I realise.)

Finally one day, a very sharp eyed instructor pointed out to me just b4 you stop, just steer the handlerbar very slightly to the left, lean the bike slightly left, and open your left leg EXTRA wide. That solved the prob immediately! No more dropping my right leg! So female learners take note, this may make you look like a man but who cares

It just make you wonder such a simple thing yet no instructor ever pointed out to me? One even yelled at me for losing my balance instead of correcting me wtf! Anyways..

I am also new to bike riding. Currently just passed my pract 6 @ CDC last night waitiing for 7. Another 2 more to go b4 TP! Still can't believe this day would come haha...
    Cannot open leg wide. Will be penalised for improper posture especially during stations.

Genius
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think one thing helps is you should check if your posture is upright and if the handle bar is straight.

Genius
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gpang788 View Post
    Does the practical book spell out which blind spot to check, when to check back right or left? when exactly to signal etc? Cos CDC no such book available?

At my stage, I am still confused about when to check what, and I have a class 3 lic and have been driving for more then 10 years wtf! Last time when taking class 3 no such stringent checks de. And I notice different instructors sometimes tell you different things?? Other than this my circuit no probs. So I think the only thing that would fail me would be blindspots and such.
    Yes. one of the page has the entire circuit map with directions and show when to check back, check blind spot .

idynamic
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lkm View Post
    Hi lkm! Which stage you at now?

idynamic
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=gpang788;8355400]
    I'm having some issues balancing and stopping reliably on slow speeds. Quite often, I feel that the right side is tipping over and I had to put my right leg down once or twice. It doesn't feel like I am in complete control. Any tips?

---

All the best, keep learning, keep reflecting, stay humble and eventually we will get there! Jiayou!

idynamic
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes. one of the page has the entire circuit map with directions and show when to check back, check blind spot .
    Genius is correct and I can confirm this as I am still learning (no, actually waiting for TP hehe).

Different instructors tell tell you different things can be a good thing. It can give you a wider perspective on the things you learn in your lessons. I will use my experience as example.

One of the earlier lessons is about right turn from minor road to main road. That particular lesson, my instructor only briefly explained the things we need to know. It is very basic information, like cut and paste from the practical book. Then, fast forward to my pillion riding practical, the instructor sit behind me sibei siao on! For every turn I did, he kept telling me "look there" and "看那边" for every turn I did so that as I do my turns or u-turns, I am getting into the correct position every single time. He also observed I like to open throttle close throttle for S course and Pylon Slalom course and he told me while I can do this, I have to be very precise with my body actions to match my throttle action (lean forward when open throttle and upright backwards when close throttle, ended up he ask me go back to the original brake method, which I am now using).

My point is this, different instructors provide valuable insights to your learning by saying different things. It is like working together in a group project. You all learn the same thing from lecturer but all come up with different idea, suddenly you merge all the idea and you have one solid idea. Hahaha.

Lastly, on your issue on "the only thing that would fail me would be blindspots and such," since you are already a licensed driver, you should know where and when to check your blindspots. Is just a matter of whether you want to do it or if you are complacent. At least for the purposes of your practicals and test, you should do your safety checks EVEN IF THE INSTRUCTORS ARE NOT LOOKING. After you pass, it is your own discretion.

All the best nonetheless and adopt a open mind for information and knowledge to come into you! Ride fun and ride safe!

roadusersg
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice thread! I just started my 2B learning @ CDC, going for L2 next. L1 has been smooth, but dang the intervals between lessons are so long! I have to wait... 3 weeks between L1 and L2.

For those who don't mind doing some extra reading, check out Motorcycle Roadcraft: The Police Rider's Handbook from the library. Lots of helpful tips there on riding. Experienced riders might like to give it a once-through too.

--
    roadusersg

gpang788
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wha seh! Just what I have been looking for! Bro Genuis, can a non BBDC member walk in and buy the book? If not can I buy the book from you?

gpang788
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=Genius;8355424]

Cannot open leg wide. Will be penalised for improper posture especially during stations.
    Wha like that also cannot! Now then I know. Thanks bro Genius for pointing that out.

lkm
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure if this is what you're looking for....

151014_081857_2.jpg151014_081857_1.jpg

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast