User Tag List

Thread: What you will do when u hit the car mirror when doing lane splitting?

noname123
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What you will do when u hit the car mirror when doing lane splitting?

What you will do when u hit the car mirror when doing lane splitting? Will the car driver forgive or ask for compensation?

ciscube
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Raise up hand to indicate sorry, check if any damage on car. If no, continue to ride on.

3. 03-07-2016, 03:40 PM

Reason
    **** Stirrer

ghost04
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

most of the time this happens cos drivers cant stay in lane properly so they deserve it...rest of the time just wave sorry n move on unless something drops onto the road...

Sent from my iPhone

stay calm and carry on...

captain_des
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

stop, apologize and see if any damages. if drivers wanna "screw" with you they can. all they have to do is claim hit n run (worst)
    in all fairness, highway code, riding lessons all cite that lane splitting is not permitted for a reason...
    looking for drz parts, any parts will do!

kaiq
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No offence here, but is the highway code stating lane spliting in illegal? My understandings is it's never been officially stated although there are many discussion through word of mouth and internet.

Maman72
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep cos tp lta i saw doin split lane when they doin round...😜

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

kaiq
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TP can also speed on the road lor ...

dragous
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anyway, those with car cam can claim u as hit n run. they may even change new mirrors even it's only a scratch, so better be caution. nowadays all car mirrors are motorised. when change, can give u heart attack

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

keya chee
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has anyone hit a car mirror while splitting lanes? It happened to me on Friday, and I really didn't see it coming. I like to think of myself as being pretty careful when I do it. In fact, I'll stop if I don't think I can make it through with room to spare.

However, on this run, I was almost to the front of a really long line when I clicked a Toyota SUV on my right. It really took me by surprise because it seemed like I had plenty of room. The driver honked right after I did it, but I was already past the car in front of them. I looked back while they were giving me the finger wave, and their mirror was pushed forward. My mirror didn't even budge, and I didn't have a mark on mine. It was pretty awkward, because I couldn't really back up to see if they had any bad damage (I was about 4 cars forward at that point), but I felt bad about it and should have done something to check it out.

dragous
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by keya chee View Post
    Has anyone hit a car mirror while splitting lanes? It happened to me on Friday, and I really didn't see it coming. I like to think of myself as being pretty careful when I do it. In fact, I'll stop if I don't think I can make it through with room to spare.

However, on this run, I was almost to the front of a really long line when I clicked a Toyota SUV on my right. It really took me by surprise because it seemed like I had plenty of room. The driver honked right after I did it, but I was already past the car in front of them. I looked back while they were giving me the finger wave, and their mirror was pushed forward. My mirror didn't even budge, and I didn't have a mark on mine. It was pretty awkward, because I couldn't really back up to see if they had any bad damage (I was about 4 cars forward at that point), but I felt bad about it and should have done something to check it out.
    likely was not spoilt then. wat most only scratches. car mirrors r design to be able to push to the front. usually scratches on car is not very visible.

driver is just damn unhappy only. but he drive with forward pointing mirror also very dangerous. have to adjust back manually.

just say sorry, I usually forgive when I drive, coz I ride too, I understand the inevitable.

MRliqiang
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First say sorry. Next check if the mirror damaged. If nothing happened then move on. If mirror damaged then just pay for the damages done. simple