User Tag List

Thread: my bike battery was dry up c3 dvr camera, how to recover?

safe&ins
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default my bike battery was dry up c3 dvr camera, how to recover?

Hi
    My new bike battery dry up was 3 dvr camera for only 1 day, how to recover?
    Anyone can tell how to recover my battery? Bike can't start?

MR BIKER
    statue but not status
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Scooter baterries are most easily removed. You go to yourscooter forum and see if any of the bros there know how to open. Personally, i prever dvr where when you switch on engine it will start. It seems , you connect the dvr directly to the battery.thats why it drains the battery. Or maybe you didnt close the seat properly

luminicious
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can recover your battery by re-charging it. Get it jump started and ride for awhile, the bike itself should be able to charge the battery...

as for your dvr, you may want to re-wire it to the ignition instead of a direct connection to the battery
    July 18 2013 - Class 2B (1st time pass)

Dec 03 2014 - Class 2A (2nd attempt )

Feb 2 2016 - Class 2 (1st attempt)

July 26 2013 - Yamaha FZ16ST

Feb 2 2016 - ZX-12R A1 Model

sjyong
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agreed with luminicious. Find the fusebox of your scooter and connect the power supply wires from there so that it will only turn on when ignition is on. To know whether you tap the correct point or not use a voltmeter and tap the fusebox, then turn your ignition on and off to see whether it goes from 12V to 0V

safe&ins
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK thanks Bros! I connected direct to the battery and I didn't expect within 24hr of not using my scooter it dry the battery complete!

chriszzz
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did you fix your problem yet? If you tap from the fusebox, avoid tapping from the important fuses, such as the headlights. Use the less important ones, like the signal indicators. In case the fuse blows, you can continue riding until you reach someplace where you can replace the fuse. This is especially important at night.

Quote Originally Posted by safe&ins View Post
    OK thanks Bros! I connected direct to the battery and I didn't expect within 24hr of not using my scooter it dry the battery complete!

safe&ins
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chriszzz View Post
    Did you fix your problem yet? If you tap from the fusebox, avoid tapping from the important fuses, such as the headlights. Use the less important ones, like the signal indicators. In case the fuse blows, you can continue riding until you reach someplace where you can replace the fuse. This is especially important at night.
    Thanks for your kind help, I tap in to the cigarette charger adapter side as there is only power when I switch on my scooter! Thanks again you are really helpfully.

chriszzz
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good job.

For all riders, I always recommend getting a few inexpensive items for emergencies:

1. Jumpstart battery. $50 online. It's only a matter of time until you accidentally drain your battery, your rectifier failed without your knowledge, or you don't ride for 2-3 weeks and the battery's dead. A jump start battery will save your butt and you don't have to pay for towing or rescue.

2. Tyre repair kit + foot/electric pump. $10 from any bike store or $5 online for the kit, $10-30 for the pump. Again, it's a matter of time until you get a puncture, and calling a rescue service can be expensive. The worst part is, this can happen on the expressway where you are far from any help. With a cheap repair kit and foot pump, you can fix your tyre, pump enough air to keep going until you reach a workshop or gas station to refill your tyres. This only works for tubeless tyres.

3. Optional - battery charger, $30+ from Sim Lim Square. if your battery is weak/dead and you don't want to ride around just to charge it, just bring the battery home and charge it overnight with a battery charger. Next morning it will be 100% full and ready to go.

Quote Originally Posted by safe&ins View Post
    Thanks for your kind help, I tap in to the cigarette charger adapter side as there is only power when I switch on my scooter! Thanks again you are really helpfully.