User Tag List

Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: Ng Chee Meng on suggestion to increase COE quotas for motorcycles

  1. #1
    hachi
    waiting to down grade
    SBF Lacer hachi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Yishun
    Posts
    9,752
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Ng Chee Meng on suggestion to increase COE quotas for motorcycles



    Is it good news for us.....
    http://www.mot.gov.sg/News-Centre/Ne...12-April-2016/
    Bikes Owned: LC125 RXZ135 GSXR400RP CB400VS CB400Spec2 SV650 02CBRF4i FZ1000 CBR929 05YZF-R6 CBR150 HondaSonic125 Yamaha_CygnusX125 KymcoGrandink_250 Hornet_250 04_Yamaha_Tmax Silverwing 400 FZ6_S2 GSXR600K7

    Current bikes: NIL

    Gear 4th

  2. #2
    MR BIKER
    statue but not status
    TeePee MR BIKER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1,932
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    THE WHOLE gist is NOOOOO

     

     
  3. #3
    wait4me
    my friend's , friend is my enemy
    SBF Lacer wait4me's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    the far east
    Posts
    39,737
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i only interested in

    22. This new system will open up many opportunities to improve our transport system, beyond congestion management. There is of course potential to offer added value services to motorists, such as using it to replace paper coupons usage for roadside parking, getting more accurate and real-time traffic information and providing such real-time

    24. everything in 24. is it bye bye to 10 year COE renewal and 2 stroke ?

    jin ideal sia , make current COE price at 6k but 5 year renewal period
    一路向北 4 EVER , my friend



  4. #4
    kzone
    has no status.
    Class 2
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,135
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    he's saying don't renew ur old bikes, but new ones
    Liverpool revival has started....

  5. #5
    hachi
    waiting to down grade
    SBF Lacer hachi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Yishun
    Posts
    9,752
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hiaz....I don't mind if COE becomes $1...
    Bikes Owned: LC125 RXZ135 GSXR400RP CB400VS CB400Spec2 SV650 02CBRF4i FZ1000 CBR929 05YZF-R6 CBR150 HondaSonic125 Yamaha_CygnusX125 KymcoGrandink_250 Hornet_250 04_Yamaha_Tmax Silverwing 400 FZ6_S2 GSXR600K7

    Current bikes: NIL

    Gear 4th

  6. #6
    reize
    has no status.
    Class 2B reize's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    320
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kzone View Post
    he's saying don't renew ur old bikes, but new ones
    How about just scrap the whole COE system for motorcycles so we only pay for machine price. Then force all the bikes to have only a fixed lifespan with no renewal.

    There, now no old bikes polluting the roads and we all get to afford to buy a new bike for reasonable price in return.

    Fair what.

  7. #7
    kzone
    has no status.
    Class 2
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,135
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reize View Post
    How about just scrap the whole COE system for motorcycles so we only pay for machine price. Then force all the bikes to have only a fixed lifespan with no renewal.

    There, now no old bikes polluting the roads and we all get to afford to buy a new bike for reasonable price in return.

    Fair what.
    ask a GS or road king owner if that's fair.

    anyway, since when is it abt fairness?
    Liverpool revival has started....

  8. #8
    kzone
    has no status.
    Class 2
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,135
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hachi View Post
    Hiaz....I don't mind if COE becomes $1...
    coe is always $1... if number of bidders is not more than the COE supply. Blame it on the bidders who continue to bid even when they see the numbers of bidders have reached the COE quota for that exercise
    Liverpool revival has started....

  9. #9
    reize
    has no status.
    Class 2B reize's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    320
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kzone View Post
    ask a GS or road king owner if that's fair.

    anyway, since when is it abt fairness?
    The people that can afford to buy a luxury high end bike can afford to buy a replacement down the road anyway, unless we're talking about financially irresponsible people, then I cannot say.

    The alternative is to make it a double track system, where the current COE model continues to exist for people who want to keep luxury and vintage vehicles, and another track for buy and throw away bikes with say, 10 years before must scrap without renewals, but don't have to pay a COE premium.

  10. #10
    Yahmarhuh
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    208
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reize View Post
    The people that can afford to buy a luxury high end bike can afford to buy a replacement down the road anyway, unless we're talking about financially irresponsible people, then I cannot say.

    The alternative is to make it a double track system, where the current COE model continues to exist for people who want to keep luxury and vintage vehicles, and another track for buy and throw away bikes with say, 10 years before must scrap without renewals, but don't have to pay a COE premium.
    Can afford means should be penalised to spend? How different r ur ideas fm the blood sucking pappy? N y is there a need to have different COEs for bikes? Wat is the objective of all ur ideas?

  11. #11
    reize
    has no status.
    Class 2B reize's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    320
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yahmarhuh View Post
    Can afford means should be penalised to spend? How different r ur ideas fm the blood sucking pappy? N y is there a need to have different COEs for bikes? Wat is the objective of all ur ideas?
    So you rather penalize the poorer people who buy the cheap bikes for work with a 6000 COE, while the luxury motorcycle riders am chio all the way to the bank with a cheap 6000 10 year renewal.

    Money doesn't fall from trees, you give one group of people concession, it must be taken from somewhere else. At least I speak for the common man, you are just being hypocritical in your comparison.

     

     
  12. #12
    Yahmarhuh
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    208
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reize View Post
    So you rather penalize the poorer people who buy the cheap bikes for work with a 6000 COE, while the luxury motorcycle riders am chio all the way to the bank with a cheap 6000 10 year renewal.

    Money doesn't fall from trees, you give one group of people concession, it must be taken from somewhere else. At least I speak for the common man, you are just being hypocritical in your comparison.
    y penalise anyone at all if u were to suggest a new policy?
    Do you think its right to have COEs for bikes in the 1st place?
    Do you know what's the purpose of COEs?
    Does the rich who own a stable of high end bikes, parked in his own garage to ride for pleasure contribute to the reasons why COE was introduced in the 1st place?
    Or as us say it "the poorer people who buy the cheap bikes for work" the reason why COEs are introduced?

    think boy.

  13. #13
    wait4me
    my friend's , friend is my enemy
    SBF Lacer wait4me's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    the far east
    Posts
    39,737
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reize View Post
    The people that can afford to buy a luxury high end bike can afford to buy a replacement down the road anyway, unless we're talking about financially irresponsible people, then I cannot say.

    The alternative is to make it a double track system, where the current COE model continues to exist for people who want to keep luxury and vintage vehicles, and another track for buy and throw away bikes with say, 10 years before must scrap without renewals, but don't have to pay a COE premium.
    like it or not the COE is here to stay and fairness has left singapore .

    and your views are also hypocritica towards yamahur
    一路向北 4 EVER , my friend



  14. #14
    MR BIKER
    statue but not status
    TeePee MR BIKER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1,932
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    shake my head. garment laughing to the bank. we fight, for what???

    c'mon, guys . putting our exasperation on the net here no use. i understand we feel victimise but words are completely misunderstood when we write here in the post.

    the fact of the story, no matter what we say, coe will stay as long as "they" are collecting money.

  15. #15
    kzone
    has no status.
    Class 2
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,135
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MR BIKER View Post
    shake my head. garment laughing to the bank. we fight, for what???

    c'mon, guys . putting our exasperation on the net here no use. i understand we feel victimise but words are completely misunderstood when we write here in the post.

    the fact of the story, no matter what we say, coe will stay as long as "they" are collecting money.
    very wise bro. totally agree no point discussing about "alternatives" for COE. Let's just enjoy our rides now before we get priced out of the market.
    Liverpool revival has started....

  16. #16
    filtered
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    143
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reize View Post
    The people that can afford to buy a luxury high end bike can afford to buy a replacement down the road anyway
    Even if can afford replacement down the road, does not mean will have the same model in the future. The manufacturer may have stopped production of that particular model.

    Esp now with stricter emission laws coming into place, most manufacturers are moving from air-cooled to liquid cooled engines....takes away the character of the bike...lol

  17. #17
    DeusExMachina
    ish farking bored
    SBF Lacer DeusExMachina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    14,140
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    There is no point in arguing. As long as the COE uses a bidding system in place of other feasible methods, like balloting, it will always be a rent-seeking source of revenue for the Govt, who can manipulate the cost by playing (or "adjusting" as they call it) with the supply.

    Think of it as dropping 300 pieces of food into a pen of 500 lions. There will be lots of fighting, and lots of losers in the process.
    When a system favors those with money, the winners will always be the ones favored by the establishment. Those who have the money.

  18. #18
    theblackmamba
    check out the free stuff thread
    SBF Lacer
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    5,414
    Feedback Score
    39 (100%)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    PAP is the champion amongst rent seeking governments

  19. #19
    joey_sfb
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    486
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    PAP never lied what, Pay And Pay and the majority still vote for them. So just get use to it ordi.

  20. #20
    Lokess
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    55
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    older bike polluting air is true but i think the impact is overstated given that the number of malaysia registered bikes entering singapore is much much more.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •