User Tag List

Results 1 to 29 of 29

Thread: now u know why they dislike us

  1. #1
    wait4me
    my friend's , friend is my enemy
    SBF Lacer wait4me's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    the far east
    Posts
    39,738
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default now u know why they dislike us



    http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/th...men-near-bedok


    poor innocent ppl
    一路向北 4 EVER , my friend



  2. #2
    slowrider
    has no status.
    Class 2
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    1,327
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Solution 1 : No one under the age of 30 shall be allowed to ride a motorcycle.

    Solution 2 : Any drivers who are caught and reported to be changing lanes suddenly with or without signalling or turning into another road from a wrong lane on the traveling road, shall be disqualified from driving for 24 months.

     

     
  3. #3
    kaiq
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    2,791
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I would propose raising the min. age from 18 to 21. By 21 we should have better awareness in handling responsibility.

  4. #4
    MR BIKER
    statue but not status
    TeePee MR BIKER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1,932
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I propose all vehicles should have cameras. then its up to the owners to submit the videos to authority

  5. #5
    Yahmarhuh
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    208
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Heftier fines/demerits points n stricter enforcement of existing traffic laws should do it. After a while, majority will be law abiding.

  6. #6
    Yahmarhuh
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    208
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Even simple things like not signalling before making turns n changing lanes should be charged with reckless driving/riding

  7. #7
    wait4me
    my friend's , friend is my enemy
    SBF Lacer wait4me's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    the far east
    Posts
    39,738
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    lets make it

    speeding > revoke
    beat red light > revoke
    u knock in to others > revok and vehicle scrap
    failure to signal 3 sec and change lane > revoke


    i think this is good enough to make ppl afraid
    一路向北 4 EVER , my friend



  8. #8
    DeusExMachina
    ish farking bored
    SBF Lacer DeusExMachina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    14,140
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    2 parties at fault here.

    The driver for making that abrupt turn.
    The young rider for speeding and weaving in and out of traffic.

    If he had been slower, he might have been able to avoid the car... or at worst just got off with injuries, and am able to claim damages from the car driver.

    No point speeding in a heavily populated area. Save it for the expressways, or NSH.

  9. #9
    stsoh
    has no status.
    TeePee stsoh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    RED DOT
    Posts
    4,944
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DeusExMachina View Post
    2 parties at fault here.

    ..........
    The young rider for speeding and weaving in and out of traffic.
    ........
    clearly at fault is the rider, at that speed he make it to hell (definitely not heaven).
    driver will clear to other side even with traffic moving 10~20% faster.

  10. #10
    mechwira
    rides for recreation.
    TeePee mechwira's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Bukit Panjang
    Posts
    3,907
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i concur both at fault like deusex said. but when you're dead, it doesn't matter whose fault.

    which is why i always tell my biker/driver friends: It's not important who has the right of way, it's more important who will live another day.

    It's true: it's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than to ride a fast bike slow. Admittedly, though... It is MOST fun to ride a fast bike fast!

  11. #11
    reize
    has no status.
    Class 2B reize's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    320
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wait4me View Post
    lets make it

    speeding > revoke
    beat red light > revoke
    u knock in to others > revok and vehicle scrap
    failure to signal 3 sec and change lane > revoke


    i think this is good enough to make ppl afraid
    This is ridiculous. People are already afraid to make this kind of mistakes, but they still happen anyway. You can make it so it's a death sentence if you cause an accident, and people will still get into one.

    They are called accidents for a reason, you might as well say ban all motor vehicles, we go back to riding donkeys and horse carts.

    Anyway he is dead, he made the mistake, he dies for it, what does it matter to any of you? You guys ride safe, you stay alive, the reckless ones kill themselves. Don't say think of the families of the ones that get themselves killed, everyone will eventually die, and it can be from anything. They will grieve and then move on.

    But i think it's stupid to penalize the law abiding citizens and motorists for actions and events that are inevitable and will happen anyway.

     

     
  12. #12
    ViciousKitty74
    is shopping for flat.
    SBF Lady Riders ViciousKitty74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    16,208
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DeusExMachina View Post
    2 parties at fault here.

    The driver for making that abrupt turn.
    The young rider for speeding and weaving in and out of traffic.

    If he had been slower, he might have been able to avoid the car... or at worst just got off with injuries, and am able to claim damages from the car driver.

    No point speeding in a heavily populated area. Save it for the expressways, or NSH.
    Car made an abrupt turn? Maybe not.

    I kept quiet at an accident scene once. And only later told the pillion and the rider much later when the driver went off. The driver was not at fault. He was turning, his lane is a go straight or turn lane. The rider was riding straight at the inner strict for turning lane.

    The impact of the bike on the car flung off the female pillion who suffered some back problem, and she was still trying to excuse her rider, saying its a old pain.

    The driver was not local, but he was really humble and offered to pay, even giving his details in full for the rider to contact. While the rider was shouting at the driver. We let the Rider and the Pillion settle themselves.

    And I hope that Rider didnt take advantage of our silence, to bully the driver to pay for anything.
    41/Female/Singapore. Prefers her men single, rich & almost dead. Licences: Class 2B, 2A, 2, 3, 4 & 5. Boats, Weapons Shooting, Taxis, Tour Guide Licences. Now working (not so hard) on getting fixed & rotary wings licence. Blah, blah, blah and blah.....

  13. #13
    stsoh
    has no status.
    TeePee stsoh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    RED DOT
    Posts
    4,944
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    did u watch the video on the first post?
    there is no pillion, the rider is dead-on-arrival@hospital.
    car signal left n filter left to turn into side road to a car park.
    idiot rider impact onto the car n cause injuries to two pedestrians.
    anyway one less idiot on the road, regardless of driver or rider.

  14. #14
    mechwira
    rides for recreation.
    TeePee mechwira's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Bukit Panjang
    Posts
    3,907
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stsoh View Post
    car signal left n filter left to turn into side road to a car park.
    car signal left abruptly and cuts across one lane to turn into side road....

    It's true: it's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than to ride a fast bike slow. Admittedly, though... It is MOST fun to ride a fast bike fast!

  15. #15
    stsoh
    has no status.
    TeePee stsoh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    RED DOT
    Posts
    4,944
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mechwira View Post
    car signal left abruptly and cuts across one lane to turn into side road....
    driver did signal for intended turn left, he decided to go into a car park.
    why judgemental on driver? any driver(s) will do tat when looking for a place to park including me (rider/driver).
    driver did viewed rear mirror the traffic behind him is clear, otherwise he wont do the signal n distance from the last car was quite a distance away.
    no one can expect an idiot rider shoot from hidden behind other cars with speed far exceeding road limits.
    rider's speed, he need at least 50m to do e-brake stop, indicated he is committing sucide act.
    this is entirely rider's fault, why blame the driver?
    everyone have a peaceful way of life, disrupted by one idiot.

    ps;
    lucky this is one-off case, otherwise in future all cars must equip with radar for warnings against on coming missiles.
    Last edited by stsoh; 20-05-2016 at 06:44 PM.

  16. #16
    mechwira
    rides for recreation.
    TeePee mechwira's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Bukit Panjang
    Posts
    3,907
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stsoh View Post
    no one can expect an idiot rider shoot from hidden behind other cars with speed far exceeding road limits.
    neither should i as a rider expect a car on my right to cut across my lane to make a left turn. this is not the same as lane change because relative speeds are different; by cutting across my lane to make a left turn, the car has effectively become a sudden stationary object. in a typical lane change, the car would still be moving in a forward direction.

    you can criticize the rider all you want, i have no comments on that because i do think he's riding at a highly inappropriate speed and manner.

    It's true: it's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than to ride a fast bike slow. Admittedly, though... It is MOST fun to ride a fast bike fast!

  17. #17
    stsoh
    has no status.
    TeePee stsoh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    RED DOT
    Posts
    4,944
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    in the first place, the car did not cut into the biker's path, let make this clear.
    rider make a poor decision n crashed, if he has good riding skill to move the right as he did zoom past the last car.
    the car may look arruptly took a left turn but he make a decision becoz it it clear for him to do so.
    if u disagree from my view, its a bias judgement becoz of u r a biker, alway view driver at fault.
    bias, naive n immature, those whom think driver is at fault, in this case driver is innocent.
    why am i defencing the driver?
    simply becoz i hate road user idiots regardless of drivers or riders.
    maybe i am bias myself but in the view of the law (most passed theory, just to passed it n failed to know the traffic laws n regulations);
    driver in this case has not committed any wrong against traffic regulations.

    rider have committed under traffic laws n regulations:
    1) broke speed limits;
    2) reckless riding;
    3) endangering other road users;
    4) failure to maintain safe distance from the front vehicles;
    etc, etc.....dont be surprise tp can add a few charges, dead man can still be charged.
    hand-cuffed dead body, his family will bare all legal costs, should civil suits file for injures/damages.
    his insurance will not pay a single cent due to his actions.

    ps;
    single regulation tat all sillyporean driver/riders failed the understand is to maintain a safe distance from the front vehicle(s).
    this is why anyone crash into the front vehicle will charge by this traffic regulation regardless whether he/she thinks the front vehicle is wrong.
    Last edited by stsoh; 21-05-2016 at 03:35 PM.

  18. #18
    Tachnicolour
    has no status.
    SBF Lacer Tachnicolour's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    569
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums...Riding-Driving


    I both ride and drive. The rider is definitely reckless.

    However the driver is not blameless. He made an abrupt left turn without due consideration for other road users. From the middle Lane. Ignoring traffic markings for "go straight". At the very least it's inconsiderate driving. Abrupt Lane change. He has definitely broken traffic regulations. It does not matter even if there were no rider hitting him. Plain and simple.

    I'm not talking about him cutting into the riders path. It's basic traffic regulations. Cut across 1 Lane to make an abrupt left turn.

    Don't say that if he didn't cause anyone inconvenience then it isn't breaking traffic regulations.

    Read section 65.

  19. #19
    mechwira
    rides for recreation.
    TeePee mechwira's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Bukit Panjang
    Posts
    3,907
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stsoh View Post
    in the first place, the car did not cut into the biker's path, let make this clear.
    rider make a poor decision n crashed, if he has good riding skill to move the right as he did zoom past the last car.
    the car may look arruptly took a left turn but he make a decision becoz it it clear for him to do so.
    if u disagree from my view, its a bias judgement becoz of u r a biker, alway view driver at fault.
    bias, naive n immature, those whom think driver is at fault, in this case driver is innocent.
    why am i defencing the driver?
    simply becoz i hate road user idiots regardless of drivers or riders.
    maybe i am bias myself but in the view of the law (most passed theory, just to passed it n failed to know the traffic laws n regulations);
    driver in this case has not committed any wrong against traffic regulations.

    rider have committed under traffic laws n regulations:
    1) broke speed limits;
    2) reckless riding;
    3) endangering other road users;
    4) failure to maintain safe distance from the front vehicles;
    etc, etc.....dont be surprise tp can add a few charges, dead man can still be charged.
    hand-cuffed dead body, his family will bare all legal costs, should civil suits file for injures/damages.
    his insurance will not pay a single cent due to his actions.

    ps;
    single regulation tat all sillyporean driver/riders failed the understand is to maintain a safe distance from the front vehicle(s).
    this is why anyone crash into the front vehicle will charge by this traffic regulation regardless whether he/she thinks the front vehicle is wrong.
    i drive. for the past 8 years. and i have never, ever made a sudden turn across an adjacent lane like the car in the video. everytime i find that i'm about to miss my turn, i go straight and find a proper u-turn or alternate route.

    when you look at the video, at the point of impact, the car was clearly perpendicular to the lane. that evidence alone will mean that it will not be taken as a 'crash from behind', that will automatically make the rear crasher at fault. a portion of the blame will be given to the driver, though clearly not 100% as obviously the rider was reckless.

    the concept of 'keeping a safe distance from vehicle in front' does not apply because technically the car was not a 'front vehicle'. it was an adjacent vehicle.

    you can go on forever bro. ultimately, i will still say that by cutting across an adjacent lane abruptly to make a turn you realize you are going to miss, is dangerous driving. and like i said i'm a driver who has never done such a thing. i hope the next time you pull such a move in your car, i'm not the rider/driver in your adjacent lane.

    as for the rider, like i said earlier i have never had any intention of defending such recklessness. so go ahead criticize all you want.

    It's true: it's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than to ride a fast bike slow. Admittedly, though... It is MOST fun to ride a fast bike fast!

  20. #20
    mechwira
    rides for recreation.
    TeePee mechwira's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Bukit Panjang
    Posts
    3,907
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tachnicolour View Post

    However the driver is not blameless. He made an abrupt left turn without due consideration for other road users. From the middle Lane. Ignoring traffic markings for "go straight". At the very least it's inconsiderate driving. Abrupt Lane change. He has definitely broken traffic regulations. It does not matter even if there were no rider hitting him. Plain and simple.

    I'm not talking about him cutting into the riders path. It's basic traffic regulations. Cut across 1 Lane to make an abrupt left turn.

    Don't say that if he didn't cause anyone inconvenience then it isn't breaking traffic regulations.

    Read section 65.
    exactly what i'm saying.

    It's true: it's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than to ride a fast bike slow. Admittedly, though... It is MOST fun to ride a fast bike fast!

  21. #21
    MR BIKER
    statue but not status
    TeePee MR BIKER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1,932
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Doesnt matter what we alp say. End of the story, rider died, driver got problem, 2 pedestrian got problem, tp got problem. Rider most probably has no more problem

     

     
  22. #22
    ViciousKitty74
    is shopping for flat.
    SBF Lady Riders ViciousKitty74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    16,208
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stsoh View Post
    did u watch the video on the first post?
    there is no pillion, the rider is dead-on-arrival@hospital.
    car signal left n filter left to turn into side road to a car park.
    idiot rider impact onto the car n cause injuries to two pedestrians.
    anyway one less idiot on the road, regardless of driver or rider.
    I take it, you were referring to me?
    41/Female/Singapore. Prefers her men single, rich & almost dead. Licences: Class 2B, 2A, 2, 3, 4 & 5. Boats, Weapons Shooting, Taxis, Tour Guide Licences. Now working (not so hard) on getting fixed & rotary wings licence. Blah, blah, blah and blah.....

  23. #23
    DeusExMachina
    ish farking bored
    SBF Lacer DeusExMachina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    14,140
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ViciousKitty74 View Post
    Car made an abrupt turn? Maybe not.

    I kept quiet at an accident scene once. And only later told the pillion and the rider much later when the driver went off. The driver was not at fault. He was turning, his lane is a go straight or turn lane. The rider was riding straight at the inner strict for turning lane.

    The impact of the bike on the car flung off the female pillion who suffered some back problem, and she was still trying to excuse her rider, saying its a old pain.

    The driver was not local, but he was really humble and offered to pay, even giving his details in full for the rider to contact. While the rider was shouting at the driver. We let the Rider and the Pillion settle themselves.

    And I hope that Rider didnt take advantage of our silence, to bully the driver to pay for anything.

    Take a look at the video one more time (The video in the Stomp link above). Watch the video in HD 1080P.

    At 0:03, you see the car in the distance, brake light comes on. He makes a left turn from the middle lane, and then signals.
    At 0:11, you see the camera car approach the scene. Notice the road markings in left and center lane. All going straight. There were no left turn arrows.

    For your benefit:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjfZwEcPZn0

    The driver should have been on the left lane, and use that left filter lane much earlier on. It's quite clear cut that he made an abrupt brake and turn at the last moment.
    Not to say that the rider is faultless. If he had been riding at a normal speed, he might have been able to swerve to the right. Or at the very least, the impact would have been much less and he would have gotten off with injuries only.

  24. #24
    duo
    would rather be a troll than the champion..
    SBF Lacer duo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    5,156
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tachnicolour View Post
    http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums...Riding-Driving


    I both ride and drive. The rider is definitely reckless.

    However the driver is not blameless. He made an abrupt left turn without due consideration for other road users. From the middle Lane. Ignoring traffic markings for "go straight". At the very least it's inconsiderate driving. Abrupt Lane change. He has definitely broken traffic regulations. It does not matter even if there were no rider hitting him. Plain and simple.

    I'm not talking about him cutting into the riders path. It's basic traffic regulations. Cut across 1 Lane to make an abrupt left turn.

    Don't say that if he didn't cause anyone inconvenience then it isn't breaking traffic regulations.

    Read section 65.
    I concur.
    KRGT-1
    I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride my bike..I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride it where I like..

  25. #25
    ViciousKitty74
    is shopping for flat.
    SBF Lady Riders ViciousKitty74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    16,208
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DeusExMachina View Post
    Take a look at the video one more time (The video in the Stomp link above). Watch the video in HD 1080P.

    At 0:03, you see the car in the distance, brake light comes on. He makes a left turn from the middle lane, and then signals.
    At 0:11, you see the camera car approach the scene. Notice the road markings in left and center lane. All going straight. There were no left turn arrows.

    For your benefit:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjfZwEcPZn0

    The driver should have been on the left lane, and use that left filter lane much earlier on. It's quite clear cut that he made an abrupt brake and turn at the last moment.
    Not to say that the rider is faultless. If he had been riding at a normal speed, he might have been able to swerve to the right. Or at the very least, the impact would have been much less and he would have gotten off with injuries only.
    Ok. I am corrected. Thank you.
    41/Female/Singapore. Prefers her men single, rich & almost dead. Licences: Class 2B, 2A, 2, 3, 4 & 5. Boats, Weapons Shooting, Taxis, Tour Guide Licences. Now working (not so hard) on getting fixed & rotary wings licence. Blah, blah, blah and blah.....

  26. #26
    stsoh
    has no status.
    TeePee stsoh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    RED DOT
    Posts
    4,944
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    rider deserved his punishment, one lesser idiot on the road.
    seem too many reckless on the road nowadays.

  27. #27
    vfrT
    has no status.
    VFR Group vfrT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    1,172
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stsoh View Post
    rider deserved his punishment, one lesser idiot on the road.
    seem too many reckless on the road nowadays.
    Nobody deserves to die.

    I saw a police "Fatal Accident" sign at the accident site..

  28. #28
    joey_sfb
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    486
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Very hard to be sympathetic to him, he put everyone in danger for his reckless action.

    i am more sympathy to their parent. 19 years of hardship to bring him up but end in utter sorrow.

  29. #29
    issi
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    2
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Very hard to be sympathetic to him, he put everyone in danger for his reckless action.





    carbon rims

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •