User Tag List

Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Yamaha T135 Spark Problems Help

  1. #1
    Samuelpsy
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    11
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Unhappy Yamaha T135 Spark Problems Help



    Hi all.

    First, just abit of background of myself.

    I just passed my TP on 25th may 2016 from CDC, So im a very new rider. Currently riding spark 135. Using 95 fuel from SPC.


    Problem 1)

    Recently, I have noticed a ringing/pinging noise coming from the front right side when riding. Its a gentle but yet annoying ring that is enough to irritate you. (The sound is like riding with a loose screw and a washer)
    The noise occurs when in gear and when im the throttling harder. The noise starts off very soft. But if you rev more, especially uphill when the bike needs to work harder the noise is very distinct.

    If i let off the throttle, the noise goes away. When i throttle VERY gently its fine. But if i Rev it up to pick up speed the sound will come. The sound does not come when the clutch is in or the bike is in neutral at the same RPMs.

    Im quite gentle on the throttle normally and im not a aggressive rider. Im just concerned because i spent a bomb overhauling this bike and i wish to use it for at least another 5 years without problem.


    And Please take note that i am using domino fast throttle. Did a top overhaul when i got the spark due to kick starting problems(Bike cannot kick start at all. Only way is to push start). Bike was fully mod before that, like fz block, hi-cam, etc. I overhauled and downgraded all to stock and now its just left with Racing CDI, Sp carb and full system yoshi. I hope information this can help you guys to diagnose my problems.


    Things i have done -
    Tighten all screws and eliminate all metal sounds like loose screws etc.
    Lubed chain

    Things to add on :
    Friend say since the coverset is aftermarket, the sound might be coming from the coverset. But i didnt remember hearing this sound before at all until recently.



    Any thoughts?
    Anyone facing the same issue?
    Help will be greatly appreciated!

  2. #2
    fx110
    has no status.
    SBF Lacer fx110's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Yew Tee
    Posts
    5,673
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    need to view the bike in person, so can rectifier the problem.....

     

     
  3. #3
    Samuelpsy
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    11
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fx110 View Post
    need to view the bike in person, so can rectifier the problem.....
    Will you be able to help me? Able to go down to your convenience

  4. #4
    Samuelpsy
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    11
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Please help guys

  5. #5
    Samuelpsy
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    11
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Helpppp!!!!!

  6. #6
    QuanIsHere
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Singapore, Sembawang
    Posts
    211
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Samuelpsy View Post
    Hi all.

    First, just abit of background of myself.

    I just passed my TP on 25th may 2016 from CDC, So im a very new rider. Currently riding spark 135. Using 95 fuel from SPC.


    Problem 1)

    Recently, I have noticed a ringing/pinging noise coming from the front right side when riding. Its a gentle but yet annoying ring that is enough to irritate you. (The sound is like riding with a loose screw and a washer)
    The noise occurs when in gear and when im the throttling harder. The noise starts off very soft. But if you rev more, especially uphill when the bike needs to work harder the noise is very distinct.

    If i let off the throttle, the noise goes away. When i throttle VERY gently its fine. But if i Rev it up to pick up speed the sound will come. The sound does not come when the clutch is in or the bike is in neutral at the same RPMs.

    Im quite gentle on the throttle normally and im not a aggressive rider. Im just concerned because i spent a bomb overhauling this bike and i wish to use it for at least another 5 years without problem.


    And Please take note that i am using domino fast throttle. Did a top overhaul when i got the spark due to kick starting problems(Bike cannot kick start at all. Only way is to push start). Bike was fully mod before that, like fz block, hi-cam, etc. I overhauled and downgraded all to stock and now its just left with Racing CDI, Sp carb and full system yoshi. I hope information this can help you guys to diagnose my problems.


    Things i have done -
    Tighten all screws and eliminate all metal sounds like loose screws etc.
    Lubed chain

    Things to add on :
    Friend say since the coverset is aftermarket, the sound might be coming from the coverset. But i didnt remember hearing this sound before at all until recently.



    Any thoughts?
    Anyone facing the same issue?
    Help will be greatly appreciated!
    sorry to hear that u got yourself a rotten bike that was heavily mob by the previous owner.
    too many possibility already bro coz all not stock ma, go to a reputable bike shop and seek for help lah.
    here hard to tell u because we dunno and hard to imagine your bike condition.
    I would said stay away all those mob spark/x1r fgs.
    have you check your timing chain oreadi?
    change back your racing CDI and SP carb to stock lah, these 2 items only further dmg your engine only.
    Be happy for what you have =D

  7. #7
    vfrT
    has no status.
    VFR Group vfrT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    1,172
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Does yr bike emit blue / white smoke? Does it requires constant oil top up? if it does, it sounds like a problem with your piston ring.

  8. #8
    Dre@m
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    5
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    My previous spark 135 also giving me alot of problems.

    Found a very good and reasonable price bike shop to get everything done up.

  9. #9
    virux
    has status : NA
    Class 2B virux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Toapayoh
    Posts
    231
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    my bike running by 63mm borekit for about a year, a few days ago sudden "Tuk tuk" or "knock" sound comming out only at IDLE. Any idea guys ????
    I check with near workshop and he has no idea!
    please see video and sound here : https://sendvid.com/2zgnk4ty
    so far i can think of is : Timing chain? con-rod bearing ? vulve ?

  10. #10
    fx110
    has no status.
    SBF Lacer fx110's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Yew Tee
    Posts
    5,673
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by virux View Post
    my bike running by 63mm borekit for about a year, a few days ago sudden "Tuk tuk" or "knock" sound comming out only at IDLE. Any idea guys ????
    I check with near workshop and he has no idea!
    please see video and sound here : https://sendvid.com/2zgnk4ty
    so far i can think of is : Timing chain? con-rod bearing ? vulve ?
    same answer here.
    need to view the bike in person, so can rectifier the problem.....

    common problem 63mm with stock con rod.

  11. #11
    virux
    has status : NA
    Class 2B virux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Toapayoh
    Posts
    231
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    hay fx110, @fx110 , thanks for update man,,
    i went show workshop near my place at toapayoh few days ago,
    the mechanic blur blur,
    he try adjust timing chain, now worst!
    Any trust worthy workshop around toa payoh / kaki bukit?

     

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •