has no status.
    Class 2B
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Sun Morning Ride to Bukit Brown

(More pics and full report at: http://sgbikerboy.com/2016/09/04/sun...o-bukit-brown/)

It was an impromptu ride. I woke up at 5:30am this morning, and after reading the morning papers, I got bored at home and decided to go for a morning ride. As I was aimlessly wandering around Singapore, and idea struck me – Bukit Brown!

Bukit Brown is a cemetery site that has caused some controversies some years back when the government of Singapore announced plans to build a a road through some part of the grave site, resulting in the necessitating of the destruction and exhumation of some 5,000 graves. Nevertheless, the public debate on the site seem to have simmered. But I’ve never had the opportunity to visit the place. Until today.

The area around the site is primarily paved, but getting around on a car will be a little challenging as the roads are rather narrow. Motorcycles, bicycles and other small vehicles will find moving around rather easy.

IMG_9064.jpg

For those who aren’t too spooked out by the idea of riding through a cemetery, Bukit Brown is actually a pretty nice place to head to on a Sunday morning. It’s not as secluded a place, and I saw quite a bit of human traffic there – joggers, cyclists, dog owners walking their pets, and I even saw someone walking his horse there!
    A mid-lifer who started late on the motorised 2-wheeler game. Currently riding a 200NS - with a P-plate.
    Randomly rants at www.sgBikerBoy.com

kzone
    has no status.
    Class 2
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for sharing bro... interesting place to ride to
    Liverpool revival has started....

lkm
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kzone View Post
    Thanks for sharing bro... interesting place to ride to
    You should try it one day if you haven't already. Totally NOT spooky at all - and there's lots of people there too. It's more like a popular nature park than a deserted cemetery.
    A mid-lifer who started late on the motorised 2-wheeler game. Currently riding a 200NS - with a P-plate.
    Randomly rants at www.sgBikerBoy.com

kzone
    has no status.
    Class 2
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lkm View Post
    You should try it one day if you haven't already. Totally NOT spooky at all - and there's lots of people there too. It's more like a popular nature park than a deserted cemetery.
    hmmm... I'll put it in my list.. but its all the way at the bottom of the list now lol
    Liverpool revival has started....