User Tag List

Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Class 2B R125 + Insurance

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    mdabdi
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    12
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Class 2B R125 + Insurance

    Just passed my license today. But I plan to upgrade bike only when I get my Class 2. As I don't think within a year or so, I'm able to get my class 2A bike due to money issue. I'm currently looking at the Yamaha YZF-R125, I know it is so called a "fake" sports bike since its a 125cc which looks like a R6. Any comments or suggestion? Really headache when it comes to choosing a bike tho for me.

    As for insurance, I'm 23 and I have a Class 3 License over 4 years. Will they still charge me the based on my license p plate or will they consider age too?

    But nevertheless, I'm the kind who don't go all full power. I prefer to have it aesthetically nice so that when I go to work or school, every day I see, it''ll definitely make me smile.

    Any R125 riders out there?
    l

  2. #2
    faridhisham
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    17
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    They will still charge you based on your 2b p plate so your insurance will be high. Especially since you want to get a sports bike. I would suggest against getting the r125 if your ultimate goal is to get a bigger bike. It's expensive and you can get other bikes which are pleasant to look at without burning a hole in your pocket. If you want a sports bike kind of look I'd suggest taking a look at daelim r125. It's cheaper than the yamaha yzf r125 and looks not that bad to me. It doesn't have any power though.

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A3010 using Tapatalk

     

     
  3. #3
    mdabdi
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    12
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by faridhisham View Post
    They will still charge you based on your 2b p plate so your insurance will be high. Especially since you want to get a sports bike. I would suggest against getting the r125 if your ultimate goal is to get a bigger bike. It's expensive and you can get other bikes which are pleasant to look at without burning a hole in your pocket. If you want a sports bike kind of look I'd suggest taking a look at daelim r125. It's cheaper than the yamaha yzf r125 and looks not that bad to me. It doesn't have any power though.

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A3010 using Tapatalk

    I'll be getting my Class 2 Bike not exactly after 2 years (2a,2). It'll be definitely be more than 2 years tho. I understand that it is expensive. But I think the aesthetics compensate for its price and power. Having such a dilemma at the moment for choosing a bike.

  4. #4
    faridhisham
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    17
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mdabdi View Post
    I'll be getting my Class 2 Bike not exactly after 2 years (2a,2). It'll be definitely be more than 2 years tho. I understand that it is expensive. But I think the aesthetics compensate for its price and power. Having such a dilemma at the moment for choosing a bike.
    Ultimately the choice is yours on whether to get the yamaha yzf r125 or not haha but a lot of ppl who just got their license tend to want to get a sports bike cos of how it looks. You won't really know whether it is for you or not until you actually ride it. So at least get a feel of the bike before you purchase the bike. You really don't want to get a bike just because of the looks. Do your research on the bike. Make sure there's spare parts readily available for it, find out maintenance costs, fuel consumption,etc.

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A3010 using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    mdabdi
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    12
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by faridhisham View Post
    Ultimately the choice is yours on whether to get the yamaha yzf r125 or not haha but a lot of ppl who just got their license tend to want to get a sports bike cos of how it looks. You won't really know whether it is for you or not until you actually ride it. So at least get a feel of the bike before you purchase the bike. You really don't want to get a bike just because of the looks. Do your research on the bike. Make sure there's spare parts readily available for it, find out maintenance costs, fuel consumption,etc.

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A3010 using Tapatalk
    I've checked with a friend of mine, according to him. for FC, it is roughly 28km-35km which is pretty good for a sportbikes unless you ride it aggressively. As for parts, its yamaha and yamaha dealers in singapore have it. As for normal shops then it'll be a bit difficult. Maintenance costs would be also fairly cheap according to him.

    Reason being why I'm planning to get is of the FC and the maintenance cost. I'm 23 and in about 3-4 years time, I'll probably get married and then save up for a car eventhough yes I plan to get my 2a/2 license but won't be getting a new biker anytime soon. Aesthetic wise, it caught my eye. I'm an aesthetic guy. Yes some of the riders find it waste of money to just pay for the looks when they performance is not good, but I'm not going to track with this bike as I would have it be healthy than to spend more on maintenance just because I hit the track and ride more aggressive.

  6. #6
    haoKR
    is a slow rider..
    SBF Lacer haoKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    bukit batok
    Posts
    6,284
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mdabdi View Post
    I've checked with a friend of mine, according to him. for FC, it is roughly 28km-35km which is pretty good for a sportbikes unless you ride it aggressively. As for parts, its yamaha and yamaha dealers in singapore have it. As for normal shops then it'll be a bit difficult. Maintenance costs would be also fairly cheap according to him.
    Hi TS,

    I was like you when i got my 2b. Looks is the only thing i want, so that only left me with Aprilia RS125, Yamaha R125 and Derbi 125R.
    And yes, the machine price for these 3 is between 10-12k.

    But as someone who have just gotten a 2b, you will bound to drop it or whatever. And as a student awaiting for enlistment, I dont have much cash(i prefer to full-cash my ride too)
    And somehow i got a KR(few years coe left) with someone i heard my then-colleague was selling.

    And yes, Im glad i bought a kr. Drop it or whatever, and since the exterior wasnt that good when i first got it so it doesnt impact much pain to me.
    Even though my aim was to get a NSR SP, i like my ride more and more. Maintenance was cheap, accessories is everywhere. Servicing can be done at every shop. Parts are easy to get.

    After having 4 years of riding experience, I changed to a RS 2 years ago. A good one with a good price. Its now or never to own my dream bike, so I took the plunge. Of cause with the fact, my KR is dying too(coe).

    Of course, the R125 have caught my attention too. Tried it on and was disappointed with it. I can only say it the only pro is its looks. Yes, you can say you only go for looks, but can you promise that you will be satisfy with the power for the next 2-3 years ?
    Another thing I thought to myself is, Im already paying a high price for a 2b, why not make it worth more?
    Thirdly, the 1 thing you got it wrong is that Yamaha dealers in SG here dont bring in the parts for R125.

    You can only find 1 shop in SG and that is Looi's Motor. And if you have done your homework right, parts is really expensive.. For e.g. fork 350++
    I hope you have done some homework on this, this is v important..

    Oh yes and at that time, the R15 V2 came out too. But Im kinda tall for that(1 of the reason why i change my ride)
    I would have get it if its abit taller... I mean it doesnt look that bad right? You can consider the R15 too

    But at the end of the day, its your ride, your cash. Follow your heart.

    Ops at the long post, information is correct as of 2 years back. Call up Yamaha dealer if you are getting the R125. Lao jiao correct me if any information above is wrong/misleading, dont flame me, my 2 cents nia


    Ride Defensively; always.

    Class BB2BDC - 11AUG2010
    Kawasaki KIPS -> 2010 ~ 2014
    Aprilia RS125(09) -> 2014 ~ 2017
    Class BB2ADC - NOV2016
    Suzuki DRZ -> 2017 ~ 2018
    Honda Revo -> 2018 ~

  7. #7
    faridhisham
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    17
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It's a lot better to get a cheap and reliable 2b bike and put the extra money you have to ultimately getting your class 2 bike. Or at least the license

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A3010 using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    haoKR
    is a slow rider..
    SBF Lacer haoKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    bukit batok
    Posts
    6,284
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Chanced upon this deal, used 190r with box for sale ************************/usedbikes/honda-cb190r-34374

    not sure why the link appear like this, copy the link below and paste it to your url. repsol paintwork at 10.9k

    http://
    www.
    sgbikemart.
    com.
    sg/
    usedbikes/honda-cb190r-34374

    Price guide for 190r,
    http://www.sgmotomart.com/honda-cb190r-122.html
    Last edited by haoKR; 19-01-2017 at 12:33 PM.


    Ride Defensively; always.

    Class BB2BDC - 11AUG2010
    Kawasaki KIPS -> 2010 ~ 2014
    Aprilia RS125(09) -> 2014 ~ 2017
    Class BB2ADC - NOV2016
    Suzuki DRZ -> 2017 ~ 2018
    Honda Revo -> 2018 ~

  9. #9
    MrBlack91
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    27
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by haoKR View Post
    Chanced upon this deal, used 190r with box for sale ************************/usedbikes/honda-cb190r-34374

    not sure why the link appear like this, copy the link below and paste it to your url. repsol paintwork at 10.9k

    http://
    www.
    sgbikemart.
    com.
    sg/
    usedbikes/honda-cb190r-34374

    Price guide for 190r,
    http://www.sgmotomart.com/honda-cb190r-122.html
    bro thanks for sharing but the price i bought is way lower than the link u provide and slightly higher than 10.9k

  10. #10
    YEN96
    has no status.
    SBF Lacer YEN96's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Mapputatsuni hiki sakuwayo ราชอาณาจักรไทย
    Posts
    5,982
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Car bike Insurance lobang!!! Can try get Terence watsapp or call 9362 3352 to quote for U. Cheap & good. Cars bikes also can
    KAWASAKI KIPS F* XX *
    KAWASAKI ZX-10R FY3946Z (26 Oct 07 - 23 Jan 10)
    YAMAHA RD350LC FS4160Z
    1996 Honda Civic SiR EK4
    1993 Honda Civic Vti EG6 SBZ2065P 1993 Honda Civic Vti EG9 SBX9073E 2002 MB E200 SDT6931X
    1991 MB 200E SBT2703M
    1986 MB 280SE EZ8138M 1992 Toyota Cressida SBU1756L
    1992 MB 280SE SBU6143Y

  11. #11
    HeyApple
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    64
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Good luck and ride safe!!!!

     

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •