User Tag List

Thread: Stationery at center of Junction is it right or wrong?

TotisJeff
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Stationery at center of Junction is it right or wrong?

Hi Bike Dudes,

I am relatively new on the road. As we all know, there are number of different kinds of Traffic lights patterns operated on the junctions in Singapore.

At one instance, i stopped at the junction on the most right lane at the junction ready to turn right. The traffic light shows Green Light with Red Arrow(means vehicles on the rest of 2 lanes on my left can proceed to go straight but not my lane because i am turning right. ).

Now what happened was there was one vehicle went on waiting at the center of the junction but clearly he didn't intent to turn in as there was opportunity to do so. I believe he was aware of that Red Arrow. So he was stationery as if like on those junctions with 'brackets' waiting to turn right. But it is clear to me that there isn't a 'bracket' to this junction.

So question is, will the vehicle gets penalized? Of what offence if any?

I am sharing this in hope to learn from other people's mistake. I didn't proceed after him because i felt was not safe to do so. Other than that, I am not sure if there is any offence doing it. Just want to check in here and to make sure.

Appreciate for any response.

Thanks!

duo
    would rather be a troll than the champion..
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TotisJeff View Post
    Hi Bike Dudes,

I am relatively new on the road. As we all know, there are number of different kinds of Traffic lights patterns operated on the junctions in Singapore.

At one instance, i stopped at the junction on the most right lane at the junction ready to turn right. The traffic light shows Green Light with Red Arrow(means vehicles on the rest of 2 lanes on my left can proceed to go straight but not my lane because i am turning right. ).

Now what happened was there was one vehicle went on waiting at the center of the junction but clearly he didn't intent to turn in as there was opportunity to do so. I believe he was aware of that Red Arrow. So he was stationery as if like on those junctions with 'brackets' waiting to turn right. But it is clear to me that there isn't a 'bracket' to this junction.

So question is, will the vehicle gets penalized? Of what offence if any?

I am sharing this in hope to learn from other people's mistake. I didn't proceed after him because i felt was not safe to do so. Other than that, I am not sure if there is any offence doing it. Just want to check in here and to make sure.

Appreciate for any response.

Thanks!
    Stationery are your pens pencils and etc.

On a serious note did you ask the relevant authorities? Am sure its an offence. During TP test if one were to do this I believe its an immediate failure.
    Last edited by duo; 26-02-2017 at 10:35 AM.
    KRGT-1
    I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride my bike..I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride it where I like..

Reservoir Cat
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The traffic light with a red arrow means you have to stop behind the line, furthermore there is no right turn pocket anyway.
    Good e.g will be Ubi Ave 3 turning out to Eunos Link.