User Tag List

Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: OMV of bikes

  1. #1
    yeokh
    is still alive!
    P Plate yeokh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Hougang/Serangoon
    Posts
    116
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default OMV of bikes



    The OTR price of a motorbike is now affected very much by its OMV.

    Anyone knows where to find the OMV of bikes in Singapore?

  2. #2
    eyke
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    386
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ask seller.

    or can try LTA as they do publish car average OMV (but not bike)...

     

     
  3. #3
    ocping
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    32
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Found this from iantan's post on this matter:

    https://www.lta.gov.sg/content/dam/l...041-MC_OMV.pdf

    2B bikes are left untouched, fortunately. For 1000cc all of them have OMV above 10k so expect huge increase in prices for them.

  4. #4
    Yahmarhuh
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    208
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ocping View Post
    Found this from iantan's post on this matter:

    https://www.lta.gov.sg/content/dam/l...041-MC_OMV.pdf

    2B bikes are left untouched, fortunately. For 1000cc all of them have OMV above 10k so expect huge increase in prices for them.
    wah... OMV for CB400X ABS is higher than NC750X ABS

  5. #5
    MR BIKER
    statue but not status
    TeePee MR BIKER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1,911
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    whenever instances like this happen I am always reminded of my Channel 5 and 8 drama series of singapore long time ago. the scene is very simple. A gangster come over to a stall owner. The gangster says we have many brothers. you want your stall to have no problem, give us $%% every month. we protect you.
    well, the stall was fine and paid monthly to the gangster , then one day the gangster come again, we have now more new members. we need to increase your protection money. give us more. of course, the stall owner must have one son who will be unhappy. then he fights.

    SOUNDS FAMILIAR ????

  6. #6
    Yahmarhuh
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    208
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm also against this ARF increase... but the more I think about this... the more I feel something should be done. There just too many bikers owning more than 1 bike hogging COEs, hurting those that need only 1 bike for basic transport needs. Sadly money talks in SG, there should be more "penalties" for multi bike owners....

  7. #7
    ocping
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    32
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yahmarhuh View Post
    wah... OMV for CB400X ABS is higher than NC750X ABS
    Wah eagle eye sia you... but now that I see it that's a really weird valuation; how can 400cc be valued higher than 750cc? Is it because CB400X is way more popular in SG so they wanna tok more?

    Quote Originally Posted by MR BIKER View Post
    whenever instances like this happen I am always reminded of my Channel 5 and 8 drama series of singapore long time ago. the scene is very simple. A gangster come over to a stall owner. The gangster says we have many brothers. you want your stall to have no problem, give us $%% every month. we protect you.
    well, the stall was fine and paid monthly to the gangster , then one day the gangster come again, we have now more new members. we need to increase your protection money. give us more. of course, the stall owner must have one son who will be unhappy. then he fights.

    SOUNDS FAMILIAR ????
    They not collecting protection money, they are saying 1000cc bikes are "luxury goods"... so it's like your food stall doing well so you get another stall to expand (e.g. zi char). Then business damn good a few years later you end up leasing 5 stalls. The landlord come and see liao lao nua, "Wah you earn so much, I will charge you luxury rental".

    Quote Originally Posted by Yahmarhuh View Post
    I'm also against this ARF increase... but the more I think about this... the more I feel something should be done. There just too many bikers owning more than 1 bike hogging COEs, hurting those that need only 1 bike for basic transport needs. Sadly money talks in SG, there should be more "penalties" for multi bike owners....
    If they want to penalise multiple COE hogging they should not charge a flat rate increase. To counter COE hogging, just add a premium of 50%, 100% on 2nd, 3rd bike (for example). This ARF increase hurts anyone with only 1 bike (which is the majority of us) and want to upgrade to a better bike for stability and better braking. After all, who would splurge on ABS on a 2b bike?

  8. #8
    Yahmarhuh
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    208
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ocping View Post
    If they want to penalise multiple COE hogging they should not charge a flat rate increase. To counter COE hogging, just add a premium of 50%, 100% on 2nd, 3rd bike (for example). This ARF increase hurts anyone with only 1 bike (which is the majority of us) and want to upgrade to a better bike for stability and better braking. After all, who would splurge on ABS on a 2b bike?
    I agree bro... Dats y I actually said something should be done to counter this COE hogging cos nothing is done now to specifically address this.

    Unfortunately multiple bike or car owners actually helps the govt more. It pushes up COE prices while having less vehicles on the road... win win for govt.

  9. #9
    Keynes
    has no status.
    Class 2A
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    672
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ocping View Post
    Found this from iantan's post on this matter:

    https://www.lta.gov.sg/content/dam/l...041-MC_OMV.pdf

    2B bikes are left untouched, fortunately. For 1000cc all of them have OMV above 10k so expect huge increase in prices for them.
    Thank You Ocping. This is what I was looking for for years. Just share with you a hidden intention, I slmost wanted to start a thread to appeal to the bros and sis here to list down their bikes' OMVs, ha

    https://www.lta.gov.sg/content/dam/l...ost_Update.pdf

    I also co-incidentally discovered this page from LTA website. It lists down the total cost of motorcycles (OMV, RF, ARF, COE etc), I deem this is very useful for buyers to know how much the bike shops are cutting our throats (how much profit the are making from us.). This list is bound to lengthen in time to come as more and more bikes are registered.

    My current ride (Suzuki Burgman 650 executive (OMV = $11,850) brought from a "reputable" bike shop makes $4800 (includes 6 mth road tax, IU) from me!

    I feel it is on a high side, considering that shop does not have a showroom (can't even view the bike), no aircon (it is a workshop), not even sofa for buyer to sit down, no sales ladies.......
    People ask me, "Why ride bike?" I ask them back :"Why drive car?"

  10. #10
    kzone
    has no status.
    Class 2
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,136
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Keynes View Post
    no sales ladies.......
    How come u buy bikes fm such a shop?!
    Liverpool revival has started....

  11. #11
    Keynes
    has no status.
    Class 2A
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    672
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kzone View Post
    How come u buy bikes fm such a shop?!
    Sales ladies was of course not a major consideration but the price was.

    I admit that was quite a rash decision.

    All these while I was waiting for a new, autotrans model Goldwing.

    At that time (Sep 2016) my old burgman 650 was left with one 1 year COE, and while not expecting COE to drop for the next couple of years (in fact at that time rumours had it might hit $10k in a few years) and at the same time waiting for Honda to come up with a new model Goldwing, I decided to buy myself some time and traded in my 9-year old burgman with the new one.

    But now, after the new tiered ARF, my dream Goldwing might need to be abandoned, although we are expecting COE to drop by a few thousands, that will not offset the new tiered ARF for a new Goldwing.
    People ask me, "Why ride bike?" I ask them back :"Why drive car?"

     

     
  12. #12
    Julietkilolima
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    11
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Keynes View Post
    Sales ladies was of course not a major consideration but the price was.

    I admit that was quite a rash decision.

    All these while I was waiting for a new, autotrans model Goldwing.

    At that time (Sep 2016) my old burgman 650 was left with one 1 year COE, and while not expecting COE to drop for the next couple of years (in fact at that time rumours had it might hit $10k in a few years) and at the same time waiting for Honda to come up with a new model Goldwing, I decided to buy myself some time and traded in my 9-year old burgman with the new one.

    But now, after the new tiered ARF, my dream Goldwing might need to be abandoned, although we are expecting COE to drop by a few thousands, that will not offset the new tiered ARF for a new Goldwing.
    It did not go down and increased to a whooping 7.7k today.

  13. #13
    kaiq
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    2,741
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    That's because his prediction was before the growth rate of motorcycles dropped to zero announced in late Oct.

    This guy, however, predicted wrongly.
    http://www.straitstimes.com/politics...ect-coe-prices

    Quote Originally Posted by Julietkilolima View Post
    It did not go down and increased to a whooping 7.7k today.

  14. #14
    MR BIKER
    statue but not status
    TeePee MR BIKER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1,911
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kaiq View Post
    That's because his prediction was before the growth rate of motorcycles dropped to zero announced in late Oct.

    This guy, however, predicted wrongly.
    http://www.straitstimes.com/politics...ect-coe-prices
    i have not trusted and believe them for a very long time

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •