User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which 2A sport bike will you prefer?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Honda CBR250RR

    2 25.00%
  • Yamaha R3

    7 87.50%
  • Kawasaki Ninja 250R

    0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Yamaha CBR250RR vs Yamaha R3 vs Kawasaki 250R

  1. #1
    thunderbot
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    72
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Question Yamaha CBR250RR vs Yamaha R3 vs Kawasaki 250R



    Helloo riders,

    Would like to know on your preference between CBR 250RR, Yamaha R3 or Ninja 250R.
    Contemplating on either this 3 models. which one will you prefer?
    TIA!

  2. #2
    skytng
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    227
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i would go with CBR250RR based solely on looks, i voted wrongly for R3 cause i thought you meant CBR250R
    R3 is a probably the best option for 2015-2016, for 2017, i go with cbr, but i predict it will have premium price, even higher than R3
    the ninja is just a msian bike la.... not many singaporeans buy that, you ride ninja, other people will think you J plate with illegal exhaust

     

     
  3. #3
    thunderbot
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    72
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skytng View Post
    i would go with CBR250RR based solely on looks, i voted wrongly for R3 cause i thought you meant CBR250R
    R3 is a probably the best option for 2015-2016, for 2017, i go with cbr, but i predict it will have premium price, even higher than R3
    the ninja is just a msian bike la.... not many singaporeans buy that, you ride ninja, other people will think you J plate with illegal exhaust
    Yeah, it had twin exhaust which is cool. outlook is definitely fiercer than the rest. however, i like cheap and good. so not sure which to give up? speed/power/outlook/fuel comsumption etc. dilemma 2017-honda-cbr250rr-reveal_827x510_41469454650.jpg

  4. #4
    simeone82
    has no status.
    Class 2B simeone82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Macpherson
    Posts
    387
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I would choose Yamaha R3 as it is easier to resell it off later on.
    Looks wise I think the new CBR250RR looks good but frankly I haven really seen on for sale or on the road yet.
    heard its difficult to get the parts for Ninja but if you frequent Malaysia is fine.

  5. #5
    thunderbot
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    72
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simeone82 View Post
    I would choose Yamaha R3 as it is easier to resell it off later on.
    Looks wise I think the new CBR250RR looks good but frankly I haven really seen on for sale or on the road yet.
    heard its difficult to get the parts for Ninja but if you frequent Malaysia is fine.
    CBR250RR is not out yet, but at least it new.
    R3 seems like old model. but will head down to hong leong check it out.
    ninja 250 dunno where to view. not many shop have it 2nd hand also.
    but with this COE at $8,081 and ARF, i'm fainting anytime.

  6. #6
    mechwira
    rides for recreation.
    TeePee mechwira's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Bukit Panjang
    Posts
    3,907
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    the ninja 250 has ceased production for quite some time already, its been replaced by the ninja 300 for at least the past 4 years. i am riding a 4 year old ninja 300. Technically, indonesia sells a ninja 300 sleeved down to 250cc and marketed as ninja 250, but it seems to be the only place selling this sleeved down model; no other country i know sells this 250 version.

    The CBR250RR is all new, and not to be confused with CBR250R that can be seen on the road. actually, the CBR250R supposed to be replaced by a CBR300R, but i haven seen it either. I have, however, seen the CBR400R, which is again a different model altogether. where the 250R, 250RR and 300R are all single cylinder engines, the 400r is a twin cylinder sleeved down from the global CBR500R model.

    and as long as you're talking 2a sports, might as well include the ktm rc390.

    and the R3 is not an 'old' model; its only been around at most 3 years.

    **Edit: My mistake, the CBR250RR is a twin cylinder after all. which makes it rather exciting coz i remember years ago i rode the honda hornet250 at bbdc and i liked the engine, which i think is more fun than a single cylinder.
    Last edited by mechwira; 29-03-2017 at 07:18 PM.

    It's true: it's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than to ride a fast bike slow. Admittedly, though... It is MOST fun to ride a fast bike fast!

  7. #7
    thunderbot
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    72
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mechwira View Post
    the ninja 250 has ceased production for quite some time already, its been replaced by the ninja 300 for at least the past 4 years. i am riding a 4 year old ninja 300. Technically, indonesia sells a ninja 300 sleeved down to 250cc and marketed as ninja 250, but it seems to be the only place selling this sleeved down model; no other country i know sells this 250 version.

    The CBR250RR is all new, and not to be confused with CBR250R that can be seen on the road. actually, the CBR250R supposed to be replaced by a CBR300R, but i haven seen it either. I have, however, seen the CBR400R, which is again a different model altogether. where the 250R, 250RR and 300R are all single cylinder engines, the 400r is a twin cylinder sleeved down from the global CBR500R model.

    and as long as you're talking 2a sports, might as well include the ktm rc390.

    and the R3 is not an 'old' model; its only been around at most 3 years.

    **Edit: My mistake, the CBR250RR is a twin cylinder after all. which makes it rather exciting coz i remember years ago i rode the honda hornet250 at bbdc and i liked the engine, which i think is more fun than a single cylinder.
    i cant seems to add in the RC390 in the voting poll.
    Couldnt find ninja 250/300 in most shop. but well, probably im gonna omit the ninja off my list.
    cosmetic wise, CBR250RR had a good facelift imo. fiercer. haha.

    Thanks guys for the feedback.

  8. #8
    soap94
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    3
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I am for Yamaha, it is a cool bike, especially if you'll see all specs it has https://bike.net/Yamaha. Plus, let's be honest. For this price you won't get anything better and reliable
    Last edited by soap94; 20-03-2019 at 07:03 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •