User Tag List

Thread: Dilemma between Yamaha Tmax 530 SX, Honda NM4 / Vultus and any Class 2 3-wheelers

bobson87
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink Dilemma between Yamaha Tmax 530 SX, Honda NM4 / Vultus and any Class 2 3-wheelers

Dear Riders of the Scooting Community,

I am currently riding an Aprilia Shiver 750 ABS and may have the intention to change to a Class 2 Scooter 2017-18 for transport with a box (personal preference for not liking a box on other makes) for a slightly more comfortable and easier Point A-B in SG - JB.

I was initially eyeing on the Can Am Spyder but realized that the massive size will be almost impossible to weave through traffic and the $ I will rather grab an older 3 with comfort (air-con and music).

I am deciding between the Yamaha Tmax 530 SX, Honda NM4 / Vultus 750 or any Class 2 3-wheelers for now.

Do provide any form of information of the makes, place to view/buy what not please!

*Grins*

skyblueblue
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I ride a gilera fuoco 500 which is probably the only class 2 3wheeler. The other would be the piaggio 500 3wheeler which I have only seen on pic.

I'm also thinking of switching to a tmax when the coe runs out on 2019 or sell it before then.

No issue doing short trips around JB thru either custom. 120km/h is a comfortable speed, higher speed will require more attention due to the wind and I feel it also lacks power over all. I have a givi trekkers 58L and givi screen mounted and the underseat space is quite small. The 250cc mp3 and x8 200cc I own earlier got better underseat storage. Not much leg room for the fuoco too.

I always hear 3wheeler need a lot of maintenance. I'm probably lucky as I've only change the steering cone and put in a new clutch during my ownership.

Another bike I'm considering is the kymco ak550. Don't think it hit our shore yet thou

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Trying to clock 50 posts DONE !

AdrielX
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Riding TMax now. super agile and zippy for city/highway commuting. easy to split cars. underseat storage is great and the scoot will still look chio with rear box.

for Honda NM4 / Vultus 750, it look rather bulky and I have encountered OTR before. Seems like rather challenging to split cars. Storage is rather underwhelming and will not look as nice with a rear box.

One more option you can consider is maybe Honda X ADV. interesting scooter concept plus fierce looks with good amount of underseat storage.

bobson87
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aww.. Thank you for the feedback, skyblueblue !

I was initially eyeing on Gilera Fuoco as well! Heard it somewhere that they are no longer bringing it in; thus the shift to Tmax and NM4. Not sure how true though.

Seriously? No issues with the Wdlnds-JB customs? The gantries are like SO SMALL.. Gosh.

Heard about the Kymco Ak as well. Gosh, too many choices though I will just want a point A-B transport. Thus the follow up to gather feedbacks here! Hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by skyblueblue View Post
    I ride a gilera fuoco 500 which is probably the only class 2 3wheeler. The other would be the piaggio 500 3wheeler which I have only seen on pic.

I'm also thinking of switching to a tmax when the coe runs out on 2019 or sell it before then.

No issue doing short trips around JB thru either custom. 120km/h is a comfortable speed, higher speed will require more attention due to the wind and I feel it also lacks power over all. I have a givi trekkers 58L and givi screen mounted and the underseat space is quite small. The 250cc mp3 and x8 200cc I own earlier got better underseat storage. Not much leg room for the fuoco too.

I always hear 3wheeler need a lot of maintenance. I'm probably lucky as I've only change the steering cone and put in a new clutch during my ownership.

Another bike I'm considering is the kymco ak550. Don't think it hit our shore yet thou

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

bobson87
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you so much for the feedback, AdrielX!

Ya riding the '17 as well? Yes, heard the good reviews/videos what not as well! Tt's y I was interested in it. The only issue is with the MPH reading and not KMH?

The NM4 really looks batman-ish and I actually rode for 12 years; 6 rides without box thus the underwhelming underseat storage would be good enough for me I guess. But of coz an extra rear box will be great since the intention of getting a scooter is purely for transport purposes. *grins

I note that the Tmax's torque/pick up is better than the NM4 but coz of CC, I reckon the highway speeds are slightly better coz I travel quite a bit on the highways..

Quote Originally Posted by AdrielX View Post
    Riding TMax now. super agile and zippy for city/highway commuting. easy to split cars. underseat storage is great and the scoot will still look chio with rear box.

for Honda NM4 / Vultus 750, it look rather bulky and I have encountered OTR before. Seems like rather challenging to split cars. Storage is rather underwhelming and will not look as nice with a rear box.

One more option you can consider is maybe Honda X ADV. interesting scooter concept plus fierce looks with good amount of underseat storage.

yolowei
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AdrielX View Post

Hi, what is the average fuel consumption like for tmax? max mileage in one full fuel tank?

skyblueblue
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bobson87 View Post
    Thank you so much for the feedback, AdrielX!

Ya riding the '17 as well? Yes, heard the good reviews/videos what not as well! Tt's y I was interested in it. The only issue is with the MPH reading and not KMH?

The NM4 really looks batman-ish and I actually rode for 12 years; 6 rides without box thus the underwhelming underseat storage would be good enough for me I guess. But of coz an extra rear box will be great since the intention of getting a scooter is purely for transport purposes. *grins

I note that the Tmax's torque/pick up is better than the NM4 but coz of CC, I reckon the highway speeds are slightly better coz I travel quite a bit on the highways..
    Hey bro, so u got ur ride yet ? saw ur post in the ak550 thread few months back.

As fate has it my Fuoco had to scrape due to an accident and ended up getting a ak550
    Trying to clock 50 posts DONE !

super4lover
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi all,

I'm planning to buy super scooter by next month and confused to choose between T-MAX 530 DX & Kymco AK550. Anyone can share their experience with these bikes?

My main question is:
    1) Does Kymco has re-sale value if i plan to sell off after few years. I know Yamaha has re-sale value.
    2) Any issues if I go touring with with either bikes to Malacca, KL?
    3) I like Kymco storage below seat, can fit 2 full face helmet but no cruise control, whereas in T-MAX can fit only one helmet and bit of extra space but has cruise control which I prefer.
    4) How's the petrol consumption for both bikes?

Your valuable answers and feedback is much appreciated. Thanks.

bobson87
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apologies ppl as I seldom venture into sgbikes ever since i started riding an AK550.

My main question is:
    1) Does Kymco has re-sale value if i plan to sell off after few years. I know Yamaha has re-sale value.
    Kymco re-sale value is low but I heard it is a good bike to ride long period in aka COE?
    2) Any issues if I go touring with with either bikes to Malacca, KL?
    I joined a WA group and there are people who rides in and no issues whatsoever..
    3) I like Kymco storage below seat, can fit 2 full face helmet but no cruise control, whereas in T-MAX can fit only one helmet and bit of extra space but has cruise control which I prefer.
    AK550 only 1 FF and some storage for raincoat, etc.
    4) How's the petrol consumption for both bikes?
    I am getting 23km/litre thereabouts.