User Tag List

Thread: How To Manage Throttle and Front Brake Properly?

coutuser
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default How To Manage Throttle and Front Brake Properly?

I realize that after using the front brake, my thumb will rub against the throttle when I release my hand.
    Is there any proper way to grip the brake and fiddle the throttle so you dont 'activate" 2 at the same time?

Keynes
    has no status.
    Class 2A
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by coutuser View Post
    I realize that after using the front brake, my thumb will rub against the throttle when I release my hand.
    Is there any proper way to grip the brake and fiddle the throttle so you dont 'activate" 2 at the same time?
    I know what you mean....

But I' just curious why do you need to use the front brake and throttle at the SAME time.

If you want to reduce speed when entering curve road and to avoid the bike dipping forward, apply REAR brakes and still open throttle a bit, then after cornering just release rear brake and the bike will accelerate.....

For low speed balancing (lane splitting) also the same, apply rear brake and a bit of throttle and your bike will be stable.

Please tell us why do you need to use the front brake AND throttle at the SAME time.

Side track a bit....

I am very amazed by the way motorcycle are constructed, especially the ways the controls are put such that each limbs of ours are responsible for one function, such that there is always ways to control the bike.

For example, why the front wheel brake is at the right handle? it is because we do not need to use front brake and throttle at the same time, (at least I can't think of any).

Also when pushing bike on slope, your right hand can activate the right lever for brakes, imagine both brakes were using feet to step then when you push bike, there is no way for you to brake as you are walking beside the bike so both of your feet are on the ground and it is going to be very dangerous.
    People ask me, "Why ride bike?" I ask them back :"Why drive car?"

ajahajah
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure what you mean but perhaps you want to adjust the front brake nearer to throttle so you dont need to stretch your hand when applying front brake.

bear_sam
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here is a good video, which, i believe , will address your question.
    https://youtu.be/obLMadMwI1Q

In a few words:
    1. Roll your hand over break lever, closing throttle with thumb. Don't pull the lever.
    2. Try to keep 2 fingers on the front break lever always , while riding.
    3. Setup you break lever, the way it wont jam your fingers, while fully engaged.
    Last edited by bear_sam; 20-02-2018 at 02:18 AM.