User Tag List

Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Ride to Doi Inthanon, Chiang Mai - May 2018

  1. #1
    trempest
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    87
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Ride to Doi Inthanon, Chiang Mai - May 2018



    Anyone keen to form a group to ride up to Doi Inthanon in Chiang Mai?
    Tentatively 3rd week of May.
    Do buzz me at 98306831

  2. #2
    SW9000
    Have Gun Will Travel
    TeePee SW9000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Rivendell, Middle Earth
    Posts
    4,779
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    You will melt in May...
    2017
    11 - 25 Nov - 15D, Taiwan - Fly and Scoot
    2018

    7 - 15 Apr - 9D, Phuket and Hatyai Songkran
    17 Nov to 2 Dec - 16D, North East Thailand (Issan)
    2019
    30 Mar to 7 Apr - 9D Korea/Jeju Fly and Ride
    8 - 24 Nov - 16D, Mae Hong Son
    http://thehouseofdaviz.blogspot.sg/

     

     
  3. #3
    trempest
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    87
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SW9000 View Post
    You will melt in May...
    Need to take care of kids and work first then I can go riding with peace of mind and be back in time for June school holidays.

    April might be possible if I can form a group else I'll just go alone.

  4. #4
    sgbikerboy
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trempest View Post
    Need to take care of kids and work first then I can go riding with peace of mind and be back in time for June school holidays.

    April might be possible if I can form a group else I'll just go alone.
    Have fun! Mae Hong Son is gonna be beautiful - don't miss that when you're up there! Don't worry so much about the weather - Doi Inthanon is gonna be cool no matter what period of the year.

    Incidentally, I'm thinking of heading towards Chiang Mai with a possible quick loop around MHS, and then head into Laos sometime perhaps in mid-Apr18. Gonna make use of the weekends and the Labour Day PH to maximise the trip while minimising leave application.

  5. #5
    joe_rocket
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    222
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trempest View Post
    Anyone keen to form a group to ride up to Doi Inthanon in Chiang Mai?
    Tentatively 3rd week of May.
    Do buzz me at 98306831
    Sounds great. How many days u looking at? It's a nice place along the Chiang Mai loop.

  6. #6
    trempest
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    87
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by joe_rocket View Post
    Sounds great. How many days u looking at? It's a nice place along the Chiang Mai loop.
    I'm going to take 10days of leave and including weekends I'll have 14 days to spare for the trip but I reckon a comfy ride to and fro wouldn't take more than 10 days and I'll start on a Saturday morning. Wanna join?

    sgbikerboy is going sometime in Apr towards ChiangMai, MHS, Laos. I'm keen to join him. How about you?

    By the way what bike would you be riding? Do buzz me at 98306831 so we could meet up to talk about the trip.

    Cheers!
    Last edited by trempest; 04-01-2018 at 12:32 PM.

  7. #7
    trempest
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    87
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sgbikerboy View Post
    Have fun! Mae Hong Son is gonna be beautiful - don't miss that when you're up there! Don't worry so much about the weather - Doi Inthanon is gonna be cool no matter what period of the year.

    Incidentally, I'm thinking of heading towards Chiang Mai with a possible quick loop around MHS, and then head into Laos sometime perhaps in mid-Apr18. Gonna make use of the weekends and the Labour Day PH to maximise the trip while minimising leave application.
    Are you the guy who rode solo on a Pulsar to Thailand and now ride a 400x? I read a blog with your id in it so thought it might be you.

    Your trip to Laos sounds interesting and I might join you for the entire trip if time permits. I'm very keen to know your itinerary.

    Apr 2018 is doable for me so long it starts from the 2nd week. Please buzz me. I'd like to meet up to learn a few tips from you.
    Last edited by trempest; 05-01-2018 at 01:06 PM.

  8. #8
    joe_rocket
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    222
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trempest View Post
    I'm going to take 10days of leave and including weekends I'll have 14 days to spare for the trip but I reckon a comfy ride to and fro wouldn't take more than 10 days and I'll start on a Saturday morning. Wanna join?

    sgbikerboy is going sometime in Apr towards ChiangMai, MHS, Laos. I'm keen to join him. How about you?

    By the way what bike would you be riding? Do buzz me at 98306831 so we could meet up to talk about the trip.

    Cheers!
    Sure. Will give u a beep.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •