has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default SIDE BOXES for my motorbike

Hi, I want to fix 2 SMALL SIDE BOXES for my motorbike. I checked around but cannot find any that have SMALL side boxes. Anyone who knows which shops have or install SMALL side boxes please PM me. Thanks.

PS: I live at Woodlands, so nearby would be nice otherwise just let me know the place. Thanks.

PS: Please suggest only when you really know the shop HAS small side boxes.

armani123sg
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It will depend on your bike and the most common ones would be the givi e22 series. But for these, you will also need a rack that fits your particular bike. So its 2 separate parts; the box rack and the boxes itself.

chriszzz
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you are looking for a small box because you want it to be narrow, you should know that a small capacity box is not necessarily narrower than a bigger box after mounting. It depends on the mount as well.

Eg, a bike-specific mount with a bigger box can be almost the same width as a small box with a generic mount because the bike-specific mount fits closer to the body.

For small side cases, the popular one is the Givi E22 or Kappa K22, which are basically the same.

Bigger in size, but with bike specific racks, are Givi V35 and Kappa K33N, both are Monokey series.

If u want really small, I recommend trying saddlebags instead. Saddlebags hug the bike's body and only adds about 20cm to each side of the bike, compared to 30+cm for hard panniers. But saddlebags cannot be locked and may scratch the bikes body, so you have to take some precautions. I've been using saddelbags for years and they are fine for day to day use, and never had anything stolen from them.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenchasis View Post
    Hi, I want to fix 2 SMALL SIDE BOXES for my motorbike. I checked around but cannot find any that have SMALL side boxes. Anyone who knows which shops have or install SMALL side boxes please PM me. Thanks.

PS: I live at Woodlands, so nearby would be nice otherwise just let me know the place. Thanks.

PS: Please suggest only when you really know the shop HAS small side boxes.