has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default street bike recommendation for ladies

hi all, i'm a lady currently embarking on my 2b license, and recently i've been quite interested in the honda cb150r exmotion due to the overall aesthetics of the bike. however after trying it out at one of the motordiam i realised that it's really quite high up for me. sigh.

i'm about 159cm and my toes can't really touch the ground as the seat width is quite wide as well. would it be a good idea to lower the suspension of the bike, or are there any suggestions for a similar looking street bike?

also, would like to ask if the practicals are tough to master since i alr have some trouble trying to push the bike onto the main stands and to lift the fallen bike TIA!

snsd555
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some members in the CB150R group has tried lowering the bike but had some issues with suspension (sagging at the rear) if i remembered correctly. The general consensus is that the bike can't be lowered "properly" from factory.

On another note, you don't have to have both feet firmly on the ground, you just need 1 foot on the ground to be stable enough. In the CB150R club there are also girls who are around 160cm so it should be fine. As you progress through your 2B course you should get more confident and maybe it will be a non-issue in the future.

P.S. The CB150R is a great bike, am riding one.

pagebypage
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by snsd555 View Post
    Some members in the CB150R group has tried lowering the bike but had some issues with suspension (sagging at the rear) if i remembered correctly. The general consensus is that the bike can't be lowered "properly" from factory.

On another note, you don't have to have both feet firmly on the ground, you just need 1 foot on the ground to be stable enough. In the CB150R club there are also girls who are around 160cm so it should be fine. As you progress through your 2B course you should get more confident and maybe it will be a non-issue in the future.

P.S. The CB150R is a great bike, am riding one.
    Thanks for your reply! Hahaha, I guess there's hope then. Would you say that the bike is good for riding on the highway? Cos for my travelling I'd probably be going on the highway quite often. At which point does the bike start to shake?

Hydher
    Is selling his GSXR1000
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

How about the Honda msx125?
    Dragstar 400 classic & Zx6r

snsd555
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pagebypage View Post
    Thanks for your reply! Hahaha, I guess there's hope then. Would you say that the bike is good for riding on the highway? Cos for my travelling I'd probably be going on the highway quite often. At which point does the bike start to shake?
    I'm a new rider as well (just passed TP in Jul'18) so this is actually my first bike. Tbh was quite shocked when i started going on the highway as the bike DOES vibrate (not as bad as CDC's training bikes though). I've heard the larger cc bikes (2A/A) don't vibrate as much and this is all down to the smaller cc and all 2B bikes do it.

It is not 'bad' but definitely noticeable in the higher rpms/speed. I'd say anything above 80km/h you will start to feel the vibration. Of course among the 2B bikes, the CB150R is one of the bikes that vibrates the least as the bike is larger than say a cub or scooter. Nothing too unmanageable though.

I'd highly recommend you install grip puppies or something similar ($10-$30 depending on the brand) as the 'sponge' grip really helps with taking away some of the vibration. Others have also recommended installing heavy bar-ends to further reduce the vibrations. Lastly you can also wear gloves (you should for safety!) and all in all i think most of the vibrations will be greatly reduced (by about 75% maybe?).

All in all the bike is great for the highways and according to the CB150R group chat the bike will hit 130+km/h without issues until the powercut @ 140km/h. I personally wouldn't dare to go that fast and have only gone slightly above the speed limit on the left most lane.

Good luck and enjoy the bike when you get it! Loving mine so far. With the reduced COE prices the non-ABS models are going for around 10.8k and the ABS version $500-$1000 more.