User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 51 to 97 of 97

Thread: SSDC 2b 2018

  1. #51
    megillian
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    27
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by heavylmao View Post
    Thanks guys, appreciate the support Going to book a road revision before going lesson 6 cause the instructor told me not to try my luck and just practice first. By the way how do you book road revision? the ssdc system keep saying i have to book RC first but i already booked one RC for this week??

    On a side note, i just had a dream about riding on the expressway and crashing into the back of a van doing E brake

    Happy new year guys

    EDIT: just found out you have to finish lesson6 before unlocking road revision, which is weird because they gave me an option to book road revision after lesson 5 and you would think you should do road revision before going for lesson 6 which is more or less a road test
    Whoa. Seems like u r moving forward quite fast. Congrats on ur progress! Think for me cuz i am working and even on Saturdays it is rather hard for me to find slots to book. Just took my 1st lesson 5 today and i failed at safety checks. Need to come back again. Haiz.

  2. #52
    heavylmao
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    32
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Thanks, im a student so i have more free time i guess.

    Did the instructor say anything for your u turn? Alot of times instructor always comment on our u turn too wide or wobble etc

     

     
  3. #53
    heavylmao
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    32
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Just came back from my prac 6 today, few hours before it was super nervous until can feel my heart beating, but actually on the day of the lesson its easier than i thought, was confident doing all the turns and lane changing, i was first rider so have to make sure i get the test route correct as no instructor infront to guide me but i managed to complete it anyway.(i looked at google maps to memorise haha)

    instructor said my safety checks were all ok, but my form up at right turn was pretty bad, had no pocket to guide me and instructor was at the back watching. My right turning at the stop line junction need to be more confident to go even if we see cars in the distance granted the cars are moving slow. oh and forming up when coming back is really difficult for third and fourth rider who has very tight turning radius and have to stop nicely at the tip of the arrow, not sure how much they will penalise us if we dont form up correctly when coming back.

    Unfortunately have to repeat, but im quite confident now

    When coming back to park our bikes got one guy rear ended me quite hard cause he didnt notice that i stopped, the worst part is my balls was squished by my body weight being thrown forward, still having stomach pains from that haha

  4. #54
    Shanya
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    9
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by heavylmao View Post
    Just came back from my prac 6 today, few hours before it was super nervous until can feel my heart beating, but actually on the day of the lesson its easier than i thought, was confident doing all the turns and lane changing, i was first rider so have to make sure i get the test route correct as no instructor infront to guide me but i managed to complete it anyway.(i looked at google maps to memorise haha)

    instructor said my safety checks were all ok, but my form up at right turn was pretty bad, had no pocket to guide me and instructor was at the back watching. My right turning at the stop line junction need to be more confident to go even if we see cars in the distance granted the cars are moving slow. oh and forming up when coming back is really difficult for third and fourth rider who has very tight turning radius and have to stop nicely at the tip of the arrow, not sure how much they will penalise us if we dont form up correctly when coming back.

    Unfortunately have to repeat, but im quite confident now

    When coming back to park our bikes got one guy rear ended me quite hard cause he didnt notice that i stopped, the worst part is my balls was squished by my body weight being thrown forward, still having stomach pains from that haha
    you can smell TP soon. just dont give up. As for me 5 more months to Class 2 enrolment

  5. #55
    heavylmao
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    32
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shanya View Post
    you can smell TP soon. just dont give up. As for me 5 more months to Class 2 enrolment
    Yes Probably taking it in february, unless i can complete prac 7 by 17 jan. Is there a point in getting class2 bikes in singapore, because from what i know 1st gear for such high powered bikes breaks the maximum speed limit in singapore already haha

  6. #56
    snsd555
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    18
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by heavylmao View Post
    Yes Probably taking it in february, unless i can complete prac 7 by 17 jan. Is there a point in getting class2 bikes in singapore, because from what i know 1st gear for such high powered bikes breaks the maximum speed limit in singapore already haha
    2B bikes will be a little under powered for day to day riding. Have heard from many seniors that 2A is just the right spot. Individual preferences of course.

  7. #57
    megillian
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    27
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by heavylmao View Post
    Thanks, im a student so i have more free time i guess.

    Did the instructor say anything for your u turn? Alot of times instructor always comment on our u turn too wide or wobble etc
    yah 1st time commented u turn too wide. 2nd time commented u turn abit of wobbling

  8. #58
    megillian
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    27
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    L1x5
    L2x3
    L3.1x4
    L3.2x2
    L4x2
    L5x2
    coming for L6 soon!

  9. #59
    heavylmao
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    32
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by megillian View Post
    L1x5
    L2x3
    L3.1x4
    L3.2x2
    L4x2
    L5x2
    coming for L6 soon!
    good luck for L6, i just passed L6 today, i think we should be taking the TP test on the same date(28 Jan)

    L1x4
    L2x2
    L3.1x2
    L3.2x2
    L4x3
    L5x5
    L6x3

    Anyway both times i clear L5 and L6 is from a instructor called zakie(The really sarcastic and like to joke one), not sure is it because he is lenient or other instructors are strict
    Last edited by heavylmao; 09-01-2019 at 05:07 PM.

  10. #60
    simeone82
    has no status.
    Class 2B simeone82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Macpherson
    Posts
    382
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by megillian View Post
    yah 1st time commented u turn too wide. 2nd time commented u turn abit of wobbling
    U-turn technique is same like fig 8. look at where you want to go and u-turn with confident.

  11. #61
    simeone82
    has no status.
    Class 2B simeone82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Macpherson
    Posts
    382
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by heavylmao View Post
    good luck for L6, i just passed L6 today, i think we should be taking the TP test on the same date(28 Jan)

    L1x4
    L2x2
    L3.1x2
    L3.2x2
    L4x3
    L5x5
    L6x3

    Anyway both times i clear L5 and L6 is from a instructor called zakie(The really sarcastic and like to joke one), not sure is it because he is lenient or other instructors are strict
    good job remember to go for your revision before lesson 7. then time for TP!

     

     
  12. #62
    megillian
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    27
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by heavylmao View Post
    good luck for L6, i just passed L6 today, i think we should be taking the TP test on the same date(28 Jan)

    L1x4
    L2x2
    L3.1x2
    L3.2x2
    L4x3
    L5x5
    L6x3

    Anyway both times i clear L5 and L6 is from a instructor called zakie(The really sarcastic and like to joke one), not sure is it because he is lenient or other instructors are strict
    Ure progressing well! I dont think im taking TP this month most prob next month cuz i havent even taken rtt yet. And booked my first L6 next monday. Lets see how it goes.

  13. #63
    heavylmao
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    32
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    sigh...today i went for L7 2 times, first time i got 24 demerits...so i tried again in the afternoon, got 10 demerit points but i got 1 immediate failure because my bike stalled at the beginning...i think i just really unlucky...at home i got really emotional...L7 is really expensive and im just a student, all the money i use to pay for the lessons is i work part time to pay for it one...50++ dollars is really alot...

  14. #64
    simeone82
    has no status.
    Class 2B simeone82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Macpherson
    Posts
    382
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by heavylmao View Post
    sigh...today i went for L7 2 times, first time i got 24 demerits...so i tried again in the afternoon, got 10 demerit points but i got 1 immediate failure because my bike stalled at the beginning...i think i just really unlucky...at home i got really emotional...L7 is really expensive and im just a student, all the money i use to pay for the lessons is i work part time to pay for it one...50++ dollars is really alot...
    Don't be. just think of that you are not ready for the real road yet. if you only gotten 10 demerit points, it means you did it minus the bike stalled at the beginning. I rather you fail in your lessons than you fail in your TP because of your bike stalled.

  15. #65
    heavylmao
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    32
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simeone82 View Post
    Don't be. just think of that you are not ready for the real road yet. if you only gotten 10 demerit points, it means you did it minus the bike stalled at the beginning. I rather you fail in your lessons than you fail in your TP because of your bike stalled.
    Yes the instructor today told me why they failed me for bike stalling, anyway i passed on my third try, 14 demerit points, all of them was from the road riding...say i ride too slow, inner circuit i dont have any demerits but i think is cause they never see me make mistakes, TP test confirm got eyes all around...

  16. #66
    megillian
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    27
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by heavylmao View Post
    Yes the instructor today told me why they failed me for bike stalling, anyway i passed on my third try, 14 demerit points, all of them was from the road riding...say i ride too slow, inner circuit i dont have any demerits but i think is cause they never see me make mistakes, TP test confirm got eyes all around...
    Congrats for passing! So hv u signed on for ur tp?

  17. #67
    simeone82
    has no status.
    Class 2B simeone82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Macpherson
    Posts
    382
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by heavylmao View Post
    Yes the instructor today told me why they failed me for bike stalling, anyway i passed on my third try, 14 demerit points, all of them was from the road riding...say i ride too slow, inner circuit i dont have any demerits but i think is cause they never see me make mistakes, TP test confirm got eyes all around...
    True TP test more focus on u. but be more confident in yourself! sometimes ride too slow is better than you ride fast and exceed speed limit and gotten immediate failure.
    Good luck for your TP and see you on the road soon. Remember to go for revision too!

  18. #68
    heavylmao
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    32
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by megillian View Post
    Congrats for passing! So hv u signed on for ur tp?
    yes Booked my tp test and 2 RR and 3 CR before the test.

  19. #69
    heavylmao
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    32
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simeone82 View Post
    True TP test more focus on u. but be more confident in yourself! sometimes ride too slow is better than you ride fast and exceed speed limit and gotten immediate failure.
    Good luck for your TP and see you on the road soon. Remember to go for revision too!
    Thanks, i also think that its better to get some demerit points instead of overshoot the right turn and get immediate failure for not following route, also at the stop line junction better to get 2 demerit points for delay in moving off instead off misjudging the speed of car and causing them to brake when you right turn(immediate failure)

  20. #70
    spyder69
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    6
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hi guys

    I enrolled to SSDC on 24 June 2018 and progress has been rather slow as i'm quite a clumsy rider & slow learner....

    As the validity period is only for 1 year, what will happen when it expires and I still not at that stage to get TP test yet?

    Do i start all over again from Lesson 1 ? or I can renew and continue from where I am?

    Thanks for any reply.

  21. #71
    snsd555
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    18
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spyder69 View Post
    Hi guys

    I enrolled to SSDC on 24 June 2018 and progress has been rather slow as i'm quite a clumsy rider & slow learner....

    As the validity period is only for 1 year, what will happen when it expires and I still not at that stage to get TP test yet?

    Do i start all over again from Lesson 1 ? or I can renew and continue from where I am?

    Thanks for any reply.
    You can renew your PDL. No worries.

     

     
  22. #72
    simeone82
    has no status.
    Class 2B simeone82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Macpherson
    Posts
    382
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spyder69 View Post
    Hi guys

    I enrolled to SSDC on 24 June 2018 and progress has been rather slow as i'm quite a clumsy rider & slow learner....

    As the validity period is only for 1 year, what will happen when it expires and I still not at that stage to get TP test yet?

    Do i start all over again from Lesson 1 ? or I can renew and continue from where I am?

    Thanks for any reply.
    What you need is just more practice and time. Just renew your sch enrolment, PDL etc.
    You will get there just a matter of time. Good luck

  23. #73
    Bikeninja
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    61
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spyder69 View Post
    Hi guys

    I enrolled to SSDC on 24 June 2018 and progress has been rather slow as i'm quite a clumsy rider & slow learner....

    As the validity period is only for 1 year, what will happen when it expires and I still not at that stage to get TP test yet?

    Do i start all over again from Lesson 1 ? or I can renew and continue from where I am?

    Thanks for any reply.
    Since late 2018, all PDL can apply online (no need go down driving centre woohoo!), and valid for 2 years instead of 6 mths
    [KTM Duke 200] - 0617-0618
    [Piaggio MP3 125] - 1217-0718
    [Suzuki Boulevard 400] - 0718-
    [Suzuki DRZ 400 SM] - 0718-
    [Honda CB400X] - 1018 -

  24. #74
    megillian
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    27
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bikeninja View Post
    Since late 2018, all PDL can apply online (no need go down driving centre woohoo!), and valid for 2 years instead of 6 mths
    Spyder 69, if im not wrong u should be able to continue from where you stopped. I dont think they allow you to repeat the lesson after clearing that particular lesson. For example if you have cleared Lesson 4 the last round, just go to lesson 5. If you have not cleared lesson 4, then you must go back to lesson 4.

    Think its normal for ppl to span over a year plus or 2 yrs to learn bike. Sometimes we have other commitments. Or difficult to get the slots you want. And tips if you have gone to the stage of clearing Lesson 3b onwards, go and practise circuit revision and u can in fact book as many slots as you want. Same goes to road revision (you can only book this after clearing Lesson 6).

  25. #75
    spyder69
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    6
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default cry

    Quote Originally Posted by megillian View Post
    Spyder 69, if im not wrong u should be able to continue from where you stopped. I dont think they allow you to repeat the lesson after clearing that particular lesson. For example if you have cleared Lesson 4 the last round, just go to lesson 5. If you have not cleared lesson 4, then you must go back to lesson 4.

    Think its normal for ppl to span over a year plus or 2 yrs to learn bike. Sometimes we have other commitments. Or difficult to get the slots you want. And tips if you have gone to the stage of clearing Lesson 3b onwards, go and practise circuit revision and u can in fact book as many slots as you want. Same goes to road revision (you can only book this after clearing Lesson 6).
    thank you all for your info and encouragement....

    I'm now stuck at L4, just failed (due 48 pts ) again (due forgot to wait instruction to proceed on figure 8, thus no timing & 28 pts) & again ( fell off plank & 24 pts) & again (fell of plank & 40 pts)....

    quite disheartening, sigh...

  26. #76
    Lovestoryz
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    67
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    dont mind about it too much , i took 2years to pass . just relax and enjoy the fun .

    Sent from my Redmi 6A using Tapatalk

  27. #77
    heavylmao
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    32
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spyder69 View Post
    thank you all for your info and encouragement....

    I'm now stuck at L4, just failed (due 48 pts ) again (due forgot to wait instruction to proceed on figure 8, thus no timing & 28 pts) & again ( fell off plank & 24 pts) & again (fell of plank & 40 pts)....

    quite disheartening, sigh...
    go for circuit revision , your points you accumulate from blind spot checking or some other things?

  28. #78
    simeone82
    has no status.
    Class 2B simeone82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Macpherson
    Posts
    382
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spyder69 View Post

    I'm now stuck at L4, just failed (due 48 pts ) again (due forgot to wait instruction to proceed on figure 8, thus no timing & 28 pts) & again ( fell off plank & 24 pts) & again (fell of plank & 40 pts)....
    What you need is just more practice and you lack of confidence. seem to me that your plank is your weakness and some general riding. Keep going for your revision and keep attacking your weak stations. Good luck!

  29. #79
    Bikeninja
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    61
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Good luck to all learner riders, hang in there!
    [KTM Duke 200] - 0617-0618
    [Piaggio MP3 125] - 1217-0718
    [Suzuki Boulevard 400] - 0718-
    [Suzuki DRZ 400 SM] - 0718-
    [Honda CB400X] - 1018 -

  30. #80
    Bikeninja
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    61
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Good luck to all learner riders, hang in there!
    [KTM Duke 200] - 0617-0618
    [Piaggio MP3 125] - 1217-0718
    [Suzuki Boulevard 400] - 0718-
    [Suzuki DRZ 400 SM] - 0718-
    [Honda CB400X] - 1018 -

  31. #81
    spyder69
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    6
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bikeninja View Post
    Good luck to all learner riders, hang in there!
    thank you :-)

    Finally cleared L4 , weakness is on plank / blind spots checking ....

    Looking forward to overcome L 5 ..

    Gambatte neh !

     

     
  32. #82
    simeone82
    has no status.
    Class 2B simeone82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Macpherson
    Posts
    382
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spyder69 View Post
    thank you :-)

    Finally cleared L4 , weakness is on plank / blind spots checking ....

    Looking forward to overcome L 5 ..

    Gambatte neh !
    Try whatever technique that you feel is more comfortable to hit the timing and remains on the plank.
    Blind spot checking must be slow while maintaining on course.
    Lesson 5 would be on the road. Book a night lesson for this if possible.
    Good luck~

  33. #83
    megillian
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    27
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bikeninja View Post
    Good luck to all learner riders, hang in there!
    I got my license yesterday woohoo! Like a dream as it is my 1st time TP.

    Thinking back i took exactly 6 months to clear with sweat tears and blood.

    And i came everyday for practice for a week before my TP. Good luck to all learners. Just got to listen to instructors and keep practicising. Hard work will surely pay off!

  34. #84
    simeone82
    has no status.
    Class 2B simeone82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Macpherson
    Posts
    382
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by megillian View Post
    I got my license yesterday woohoo! Like a dream as it is my 1st time TP.

    Thinking back i took exactly 6 months to clear with sweat tears and blood.

    And i came everyday for practice for a week before my TP. Good luck to all learners. Just got to listen to instructors and keep practicising. Hard work will surely pay off!
    Congrats! Well done. Ride safe on the road~ time for bike shopping!!

  35. #85
    spyder69
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    6
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    wow ! congrats !!!!

    so nice right? no need to be "tortured" at SSDC for a year til your 2A LOL :-)

    I'm at L6 .... tried 2 times already... will persevere on .....looks like I every level also repeat one ..so sad

  36. #86
    megillian
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    27
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spyder69 View Post
    wow ! congrats !!!!

    so nice right? no need to be "tortured" at SSDC for a year til your 2A LOL :-)

    I'm at L6 .... tried 2 times already... will persevere on .....looks like I every level also repeat one ..so sad
    Thanks! I took an average 3 times to clear each lesson. Haha well...it takes determination and perseverance! Just got to be focussed on each course. And keep urself relaxed and dont rush. Check back and do bs checks correctly. Cuz once kanjiong, u tend to forget the fundamentals.

    The technique wise for circuit part can be brushed up with circuit revisions. Just keep going for practice and if unsure, always ask. For me, i realise i always fall back to bad habit of relying on my rear brakes too much in fig 8 (this bad habit came in when i did pract 7) and was not caught until my 3rd time at pract 7. Then instructor notice my weakness during circuit revision n advised me how to correct fig 8 n build up confidence (i step rear brake for fear of fallin/ rammin into kerb).

    Really thankful for some of instructors at ssdc for their advice (must really listen to their tips). And yes, next target 2A!

    U can do it!

  37. #87
    megillian
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    27
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simeone82 View Post
    Congrats! Well done. Ride safe on the road~ time for bike shopping!!
    Thanks! I have aldy started riding on road with Vespa! Might consider KTM duke soon though hahaha

  38. #88
    simeone82
    has no status.
    Class 2B simeone82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Macpherson
    Posts
    382
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by megillian View Post
    Thanks! I have aldy started riding on road with Vespa! Might consider KTM duke soon though hahaha
    Nice. Duke is good to prepare you for class 2A~

  39. #89
    Bikeninja
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    61
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Congrats on passing, I'm sure you are supper happy!

    My first bike was a KTM Duke 200 and I loved every moment of it.
    You might want to rent a ktm for a week or so to decide if you really like it or not.

    I rented a KTM Duke 200 for 1 mth immediately after I got my license. At first , I almost regretted it as I thought I could not handle its awesomeness and accelerations. But after a week, I realised it was the best 2b bike that moeny can buy. At red light, it can beat at cubs or even 2A bikes with ease.
    [KTM Duke 200] - 0617-0618
    [Piaggio MP3 125] - 1217-0718
    [Suzuki Boulevard 400] - 0718-
    [Suzuki DRZ 400 SM] - 0718-
    [Honda CB400X] - 1018 -

  40. #90
    GurinGurin
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    4
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hello guys! i enroll on SSDC on 26/10/2018, went for my orientation lesson first on 3 November and did my theory lesson from 1-4 on 8 November and manage to pass my BTT and RTT test for 1st attempt. So far i tried to clear asap due to working, sometimes even after my night shift work i would straight go to SSDC to take lesson on the morning or afternoon, here is my progress i am able to made it so far.

    08/11/18 - 13/11/18 Prac 1 x3
    20/12/18 - 28/12/18 Prac 2 x3
    09/01/19 - 01/02/19 Prac 3 Part l x2
    08/02/19 - 09/02/19 Prac 3 Part ll x2
    On the 15th of Feb i did my CR and proceed to Prac 4
    16/02/19 - 19/02/19 Prac 4 Circuit Assessment x4 ( on the first try got 8 demerit points and one immediate fail due to crank course and the rest is all blind spot from what the instructor told me )
    Did one more CR on the 20th of Feb and tbh i almost feel like giving up at this point.
    On the 21st of Feb, i am able to get through Prac 4 with 12 demerit points with no immediate fail and i proceed to apply for my Provisional Driving License for Prac 5.
    25/02/19 - 06/03/19 Prac 5 x4
    Manage to clear my theory lesson 5 to 7 on the 5th of march since it's my off day.
    08/03/19 - 19/03/19 Prac 6 x4
    For now i am able to book my RR on 23th March and RC on 24th March in preparation for the final assessment on prac 7.
    And from what i heard from my friends who was a ex student in SSDC, apparently during assessment, if the instructor check ur booklet and realize u have never gone for any revision, u will get alot of points even when u do it right.
    and IF u went for a revision before the assessment date, magically the points will just disappear. Well i don't know for u guys but i will just assume it would be better to take revisions before going for assessment, hopefully i am able to clear Prac 7 in one time cause i am aimming for TP test date on 4th of april, and i have just book a R15 V3, Don't know it's a good choice choosing that bike but for some reason i feel like sports bike fit's me for some reason.

  41. #91
    heavylmao
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    32
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GurinGurin View Post
    Hello guys! i enroll on SSDC on 26/10/2018, went for my orientation lesson first on 3 November and did my theory lesson from 1-4 on 8 November and manage to pass my BTT and RTT test for 1st attempt. So far i tried to clear asap due to working, sometimes even after my night shift work i would straight go to SSDC to take lesson on the morning or afternoon, here is my progress i am able to made it so far.

    08/11/18 - 13/11/18 Prac 1 x3
    20/12/18 - 28/12/18 Prac 2 x3
    09/01/19 - 01/02/19 Prac 3 Part l x2
    08/02/19 - 09/02/19 Prac 3 Part ll x2
    On the 15th of Feb i did my CR and proceed to Prac 4
    16/02/19 - 19/02/19 Prac 4 Circuit Assessment x4 ( on the first try got 8 demerit points and one immediate fail due to crank course and the rest is all blind spot from what the instructor told me )
    Did one more CR on the 20th of Feb and tbh i almost feel like giving up at this point.
    On the 21st of Feb, i am able to get through Prac 4 with 12 demerit points with no immediate fail and i proceed to apply for my Provisional Driving License for Prac 5.
    25/02/19 - 06/03/19 Prac 5 x4
    Manage to clear my theory lesson 5 to 7 on the 5th of march since it's my off day.
    08/03/19 - 19/03/19 Prac 6 x4
    For now i am able to book my RR on 23th March and RC on 24th March in preparation for the final assessment on prac 7.
    And from what i heard from my friends who was a ex student in SSDC, apparently during assessment, if the instructor check ur booklet and realize u have never gone for any revision, u will get alot of points even when u do it right.
    and IF u went for a revision before the assessment date, magically the points will just disappear. Well i don't know for u guys but i will just assume it would be better to take revisions before going for assessment, hopefully i am able to clear Prac 7 in one time cause i am aimming for TP test date on 4th of april, and i have just book a R15 V3, Don't know it's a good choice choosing that bike but for some reason i feel like sports bike fit's me for some reason.
    should be just a rumour about the circuit revisions thing, alot of people also say that about TP test having quota, but i think is just rumours started by people not happy with failing. I went for revision before my first prac4 assessment yet my points accumulate like siao also, dont think they have time to scan through every book and see which student should give more points.

     

     
  42. #92
    GurinGurin
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    4
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Well, that could be true, maybe it depends on the instructor also, anyways let's put that aside, i am able to book my final assessment for next monday, hopefully i get to pass one time cause the amount of money for prac 7 is quite high.

  43. #93
    megillian
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    27
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bikeninja View Post
    Congrats on passing, I'm sure you are supper happy!

    My first bike was a KTM Duke 200 and I loved every moment of it.
    You might want to rent a ktm for a week or so to decide if you really like it or not.

    I rented a KTM Duke 200 for 1 mth immediately after I got my license. At first , I almost regretted it as I thought I could not handle its awesomeness and accelerations. But after a week, I realised it was the best 2b bike that moeny can buy. At red light, it can beat at cubs or even 2A bikes with ease.
    Ya very happy and still happy hahaha. Really appreciate the encouragement fr forum, my friends and ssdc instructors.

    Now kind of abit regret buying vespa lx150 (lucky its 2nd hand) cuz it kind of wobbly when i go at high speed above 90plus. But actually overall riding experience is generally good for cruising at 70 to 80 only. Maybe one day should rent ktm to try out.

    Also i have been seeing alot of guys riding CB400X. Is the handling good?

  44. #94
    megillian
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    27
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GurinGurin View Post
    Well, that could be true, maybe it depends on the instructor also, anyways let's put that aside, i am able to book my final assessment for next monday, hopefully i get to pass one time cause the amount of money for prac 7 is quite high.
    Frankly speaking different instructors have different teaching method and leniency. But u have to learn to digest their advice slowly. Best is to go for CR and RR a few rounds to brush up riding skills and safety checks. I have never heard of points magically disappear or what. I only believe in hard work which is keep practising until u r confident to clear the hurdle. And there r so many students - dont think instructors got the time to check through booklets. Unless u look unfamiliar to them. Its good to chat with instructors and ask for tips. Theres a time whereby I went for pract 7 and several revisions that quite a few instructors knew my weaknesses very well liao. Even the same instructor on the tp day told me not to forget his advice.

  45. #95
    GurinGurin
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    4
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by megillian View Post
    Frankly speaking different instructors have different teaching method and leniency. But u have to learn to digest their advice slowly. Best is to go for CR and RR a few rounds to brush up riding skills and safety checks. I have never heard of points magically disappear or what. I only believe in hard work which is keep practising until u r confident to clear the hurdle. And there r so many students - dont think instructors got the time to check through booklets. Unless u look unfamiliar to them. Its good to chat with instructors and ask for tips. Theres a time whereby I went for pract 7 and several revisions that quite a few instructors knew my weaknesses very well liao. Even the same instructor on the tp day told me not to forget his advice.
    Alright i will take note of it, luckily i am able to book my CR and RR on the afternoon and proceed to prac 7 on 8.20pm on monday, at least i won't be so stiff as usual. Can't wait to get my R15 V3 man @_@

  46. #96
    heavylmao
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    32
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GurinGurin View Post
    Alright i will take note of it, luckily i am able to book my CR and RR on the afternoon and proceed to prac 7 on 8.20pm on monday, at least i won't be so stiff as usual. Can't wait to get my R15 V3 man @_@
    good luck, my dream bike is cb190r or cb150r, but need earn money first haha, only got a humble ybr125 currently, reliable bike, but too little power. thinking of bajaj pulsar ns200 also as looking to buy second hand to save money, the 190r and 150r are too new already for the second hand market

  47. #97
    GurinGurin
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    4
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by heavylmao View Post
    good luck, my dream bike is cb190r or cb150r, but need earn money first haha, only got a humble ybr125 currently, reliable bike, but too little power. thinking of bajaj pulsar ns200 also as looking to buy second hand to save money, the 190r and 150r are too new already for the second hand market
    for bajaj pulsar ns200, quite good for class 2b tho, but yea when i was looking around for my R15 to book the bike i saw quite a few second hands of bajaj pulsar ns200, at first i thought it was first hand bike hahaha, anyways i would pefer cb190r, for some reason the specs of the bike is better then cb150r to my point of view.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •