has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default SSDC 2b 2018

Hi guys, just went for my first practical today, unfortunately have to come back second round So far i am at the mini circuit and know how to shift to gear 2 already, my only problem is braking too hard and at the bend sometimes have to put my right leg down cause the bike is leaning to the right especially at the second yellow stop line because the turn is tight, the instructor told me that it will be IF if i put right leg down when braking.
    Wonder whats the average amount of attempts people take to pass the lessons, dont want to keep repeating if not my wallet will be burnt.
    Also for other practical lessons if you mount the kerb or anything which results in IF, does it mean you have no chance of trying again and have to book another lesson or they let you retry till you get it as long as its within the lesson time?

Francis247
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by heavylmao View Post
    Hi guys, just went for my first practical today, unfortunately have to come back second round So far i am at the mini circuit and know how to shift to gear 2 already, my only problem is braking too hard and at the bend sometimes have to put my right leg down cause the bike is leaning to the right especially at the second yellow stop line because the turn is tight, the instructor told me that it will be IF if i put right leg down when braking.
    Wonder whats the average amount of attempts people take to pass the lessons, dont want to keep repeating if not my wallet will be burnt.
    Also for other practical lessons if you mount the kerb or anything which results in IF, does it mean you have no chance of trying again and have to book another lesson or they let you retry till you get it as long as its within the lesson time?
    It really depends. I took the mini-circuit for like 4 lessons...
    My Prac 2 - 9 lessons...

Pisces44
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Francis247,

9 lessons ? What is your weakest ?

I am gg for my 5th lesson ....still got problem w the plank.
    Last edited by Pisces44; 27-09-2019 at 09:13 AM.

Hunterx
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you need to show your confidence level that you are able to move to the next level.
    when moving, either leg came down = IF.
    you maybe too slow which is hard to balance, braking try use more foot brake than hand or close throttle for engine brake so your braking won't be too hard.
    if I remembered, all my circuit lesson took at least 2 to pass.

heavylmao
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hunterx View Post
    I think you need to show your confidence level that you are able to move to the next level.
    when moving, either leg came down = IF.
    you maybe too slow which is hard to balance, braking try use more foot brake than hand or close throttle for engine brake so your braking won't be too hard.
    if I remembered, all my circuit lesson took at least 2 to pass.
    yeah i think have to release clutch more and throttle abit, i release clutch only to move short distances but sometimes released too much then my bike shut off.

Also went for my practical1 2nd attempt today and got to try the outer circuit, this time the instructor really xiong, one mistake and he will shout at you . At the end got a car stop in front of me waiting to make right turn so i stopped behind too, then suddenly the car instructor hand came out the left window with index finger pointing out swirling the hand in clockwise motion, then im like and my motorcycle instructor making some weird sarcastic gestures so i thought they signalling for me to overtake, so i tried to go over the left side and got scolded instead.

Have to go back for 3rd attempt but the instructor said he is confident by that lesson i can advance to prac2, fingers crossed! Ill document my progress here so future people taking 2b can use as reference

EDIT: didnt make it on the 3rd attempt, because everytime come back they will start with mini circuit warmup but was stuck at the mini circuit for 1 hr due to some new people still practicing, then in the outer circuit nobody got to do the stopping test, the instructor said it was because im not "ready" yet, even though i already tried the stopping test last lesson, so had to come back for 4th try which they made it FOC for me fortunately, and passed on my 4th try so advancing to lesson 2 now
    Last edited by heavylmao; 09-11-2018 at 11:23 PM.

Bikeninja
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I took almost 3 lessons for each stage, so don't give up!

My progress as follows:

L1 - x3
    L2 - x2
    L3(1) - x3
    L3(2) - 3
    L4 - 1
    L5 - 2
    L6 - 2
    L7 - 2

Passed in 2B June '17, 2A in Aug '18
    [KTM Duke 200] - 0617-0618
    [Piaggio MP3 125] - 1217-0718
    [Suzuki DRZ 400 SM] - 0718-0419
    [Suzuki Boulevard 400] - 0718-0619
    [Honda CB400X] - 1018 -
    [KTM Duke 390] - 0719 -

heavylmao
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bikeninja View Post
    I took almost 3 lessons for each stage, so don't give up!

My progress as follows:

L1 - x3
    L2 - x2
    L3(1) - x3
    L3(2) - 3
    L4 - 1
    L5 - 2
    L6 - 2
    L7 - 2

Passed in 2B June '17, 2A in Aug '18
    i see, when did you start your class 2b tho?. i saw a thread last time on someone passing all the lessons in 1 try except for the first one, dk how he do it or maybe i read it wrongly, they always seperate the newcomers from the repeating people so confirm cannot pass in 1 try...
    My progress so far is :
    L1-x4
    L2-x2

Just passed L2 today,moving on to L3

Oh and also curious to know the time gap between each TP test, heard if you unlucky have to wait a few months for TP test after you finished lesson7

snsd555
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can check for next available TP test date on the driving schools' websites:

SSDC: https://www.ssdcl.com.sg/Home/TestDate

Jervroon
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep 1234556883

heavylmao
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@snsd555 thanks! but i want to know after that test date roughly when the other test will be held, so can plan accordingly if i need to chiong through my lessons or not.

Just went for my 3.1 today, have to repeat again, the E brake took awhile for me to get used to, only managed to consistently stop before the stop line near the end of the lesson, i think crank course is the hardest, because there is such a short distance to change to gear 2 and you have to maneuver your bike through the 90 degree bend while doing so...its very hard for me to gain enough speed to change to gear 2 smoothly, fell off my bike once because my feet didnt kick up the gear shifter all the way and got stuck at neutral and with my mind focusing on shifting gears i nearly mount the kerb and jammed brake causing me to fall. Figure of eight was still okay for me but the instructor said i wasnt consistent with my timing, sometimes pass figure 8 sometimes fail. I think its just that i slow down too much because of fear of mounting the kerb.

Bikeninja
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Practice makes perfect!

For the crank course, there are 2 ways to do it.

1. Change gear immediately after you make the left turn (Most instructors teach this)
    2. Change gear right before the left turn (Personal favorite, allows me to concentrate on the turns inside the crank course)

For 1, go normal speed and turn into the crank course, immediately shift to gear 2 after turning left. Hold throttle at constant thereafter till exit.
    For 2, start off with a higher rev so that you can change to gear 2 within the short distance.

Hope this helps
    [Honda CB400X] - 1018 -
    [KTM Duke 390] - 0719 -

heavylmao
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Practice makes perfect!

For the crank course, there are 2 ways to do it.

1. Change gear immediately after you make the left turn (Most instructors teach this)
    2. Change gear right before the left turn (Personal favorite, allows me to concentrate on the turns inside the crank course)

For 1, go normal speed and turn into the crank course, immediately shift to gear 2 after turning left. Hold throttle at constant thereafter till exit.
    For 2, start off with a higher rev so that you can change to gear 2 within the short distance.

Hope this helps
    I did the 1st method today and managed to do the crank course and finish 3.1, the instructors didnt really teach us when to change to gear 2 just said to change to gear 2 before we reach the yellow line, but still its really scary to accelerate so much in short distance, i didnt get enough speed to change to gear 2 before and my motorcycle stalled because of it, hopefully wont happen during the assessment.

Onwards to 3.2, looking for a try sell slot, if not ill be taking on monday night, its always a risk for me to wait for a try sell slot because if you dont find any in time then the next weeks slots will be taken up already, but abit boring for me to wait 3 days with nothing to do on the weekend, i kind of enjoy being on the motorcycle haha.

So far my progress is:
    L1-x4
    L2-x2
    L3.1-x2

simeone82
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I did the 1st method today and managed to do the crank course and finish 3.1, the instructors didnt really teach us when to change to gear 2 just said to change to gear 2 before we reach the yellow line, but still its really scary to accelerate so much in short distance, i didnt get enough speed to change to gear 2 before and my motorcycle stalled because of it, hopefully wont happen during the assessment.

Onwards to 3.2, looking for a try sell slot, if not ill be taking on monday night, its always a risk for me to wait for a try sell slot because if you dont find any in time then the next weeks slots will be taken up already, but abit boring for me to wait 3 days with nothing to do on the weekend, i kind of enjoy being on the motorcycle haha.

So far my progress is:
    L1-x4
    L2-x2
    L3.1-x2
    I prefer and would recommend to change gear 2 before entering the crank course. I found changing gear while entering quite tough (can't multi task for me)
    Upon changing gear release the clutch slowly and once off you can just concentrate to clear your crank course. Try the method that suit you best.

megillian
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey. I am also doing lesson 3 now. But am stuck at Part 1. Already gone 4 times but my timings for figure 8 always stuck at 12 to 13s. Kinda got phobia of striking kerb if i throttle too much. I am wondering whether we can do practising without the instructor?

heavylmao
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by megillian View Post
    Hey. I am also doing lesson 3 now. But am stuck at Part 1. Already gone 4 times but my timings for figure 8 always stuck at 12 to 13s. Kinda got phobia of striking kerb if i throttle too much. I am wondering whether we can do practising without the instructor?
    hey are you the guy who attended on 22 november 10.30am? there was a guy did lesson3 for 4 times too, anyway for figure 8 i always maintained my throttle and lean alot when turning through the bend, and if i feel like im gonna hit the kerb i just step on my rear brake a little to slow down, just need to have confidence in your turning because i also feel like i will hit the kerb if i dont slow down but i always make it through without mounting the kerb while maintaining throttle, at the middle of the figure 8 i accelerate abit and slow down again when bending.

Did my 3.2 today and failed miserably , turning in to slope i forgot to check blind spot i only check for the opposite traffic, didnt stop at stop line because i thought if there are no cars i can just proceed and instructor scolded me about it..., then at the end of the lesson instructor said when im turning out of a course even if there are no cars i also stop, i just scared ma...want to make sure no cars before i turn...sometimes i turning right then i see a car at the opposite side signalling to turn left and im not sure if i should proceed or not...one more problem i have is coming out of figure 8 i cant stop smoothly and my bike always lean to the left side and nearly fall, level 1 circuit is so different than level 5 circuit because level 5 circuit you can always proceed as there are little to no cars and only need to watch out for motorbikes.

megillian
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink

hey are you the guy who attended on 22 november 10.30am? there was a guy did lesson3 for 4 times too, anyway for figure 8 i always maintained my throttle and lean alot when turning through the bend, and if i feel like im gonna hit the kerb i just step on my rear brake a little to slow down, just need to have confidence in your turning because i also feel like i will hit the kerb if i dont slow down but i always make it through without mounting the kerb while maintaining throttle, at the middle of the figure 8 i accelerate abit and slow down again when bending.

Did my 3.2 today and failed miserably , turning in to slope i forgot to check blind spot i only check for the opposite traffic, didnt stop at stop line because i thought if there are no cars i can just proceed and instructor scolded me about it..., then at the end of the lesson instructor said when im turning out of a course even if there are no cars i also stop, i just scared ma...want to make sure no cars before i turn...sometimes i turning right then i see a car at the opposite side signalling to turn left and im not sure if i should proceed or not...one more problem i have is coming out of figure 8 i cant stop smoothly and my bike always lean to the left side and nearly fall, level 1 circuit is so different than level 5 circuit because level 5 circuit you can always proceed as there are little to no cars and only need to watch out for motorbikes.
    Nope im a babe =D and i usually go for the last night slot. Really cross fingers for my lesson tmrw. Oh and yes! Level 1 and 5 crcuits feel different. U mean stop once u finish figure 8? Thought once the bike goes over yellow line, u should proceed? For me i usually throttle more after checking no incoming traffic. But if theres car coming, then have to stop right after the yellow line.

simeone82
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It applies regardless of classes, stop line must stop even if no traffic. I seen fellow learners fail their lesson, TP just because never stop at STOP Line. I think is after 3.2 lesson only then can book circuit revision? During 3.2 don't commit immediate failure, timing just nice will do. If in doubt of traffic, don't proceed. Get 2 points delay in moving off rather then you proceed and then get immediate failure for nearly causing accident.
    Good luck!

megillian
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by simeone82 View Post
    It applies regardless of classes, stop line must stop even if no traffic. I seen fellow learners fail their lesson, TP just because never stop at STOP Line. I think is after 3.2 lesson only then can book circuit revision? During 3.2 don't commit immediate failure, timing just nice will do. If in doubt of traffic, don't proceed. Get 2 points delay in moving off rather then you proceed and then get immediate failure for nearly causing accident.
    Good luck!
    Yup. I checked with instructor already. Circuit revision is only after completion of class 3.2. And ya i finally cleared 3.1 though my timings for figure 8 r still inconsistent and very often hit 11s. Luckily this time instructor told me to step rear brake n main throttle to have smoother curve. So maybe heavy lmao u can consider using rear brake to control when u exit.

And talking abt crank course, i totally agreed with simone82 on changing to gear 2 before left turn. Crank course is somewhat one of those easiest which u can ownself adjust to ur preference.

Next up. Im gg for 3.2 this sat!

heavylmao
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yup. I checked with instructor already. Circuit revision is only after completion of class 3.2. And ya i finally cleared 3.1 though my timings for figure 8 r still inconsistent and very often hit 11s. Luckily this time instructor told me to step rear brake n main throttle to have smoother curve. So maybe heavy lmao u can consider using rear brake to control when u exit.

And talking abt crank course, i totally agreed with simone82 on changing to gear 2 before left turn. Crank course is somewhat one of those easiest which u can ownself adjust to ur preference.

I use both rear and front brake in fear of not stopping in time before the bend which is what caused me to always lose balance i think, figure 8 chiong through already not alot of distance to slow down at the exit. Crank course i change at the bend is what feels right for me, i find there is not enough time to change before the bend unless i accelerate alot which will cause me to mount the kerb.

Good luck for your 3.2!

simeone82
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't worry fig 8 timing can't make just keep practice during revision.
    during your 3.2, remember just dun commit immediate mistake and know your test route and your should get through.
    Good Luck

heavylmao
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by simeone82 View Post
    Good luck!
    I see thanks for the tips, going for my 3.2 again tonight, will keep this in mind

megillian
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

L1x5
    L2x3
    L3.1x4
    L3.2x2
    RC x4
    L4x2 (1st: 40 demerit points; 2nd: 18 demerit pts)
    Moving on to L5 soon.

simeone82
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If U Turn is not stable, try during circuit after pylon, do a u turn there to practice.

moonlight
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

jiayou everyone!!!

megillian
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by moonlight View Post
    jiayou everyone!!!
    Thank u! Will jiayou.

FUphan
    is not Captain Slow...
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chanced upon this thread... so here to give some encouragement. Never lose heart, keep practising and practising. During my time, ever came across a guy who took more than 10 tries just to pass the final practical evaluation... in the end, he did pass tp with just one try.

heavylmao
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks guys, appreciate the support Going to book a road revision before going lesson 6 cause the instructor told me not to try my luck and just practice first. By the way how do you book road revision? the ssdc system keep saying i have to book RC first but i already booked one RC for this week??

On a side note, i just had a dream about riding on the expressway and crashing into the back of a van doing E brake

Happy new year guys

EDIT: just found out you have to finish lesson6 before unlocking road revision, which is weird because they gave me an option to book road revision after lesson 5 and you would think you should do road revision before going for lesson 6 which is more or less a road test
    Last edited by heavylmao; 03-01-2019 at 09:08 PM.

megillian
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks guys, appreciate the support Going to book a road revision before going lesson 6 cause the instructor told me not to try my luck and just practice first. By the way how do you book road revision? the ssdc system keep saying i have to book RC first but i already booked one RC for this week??

On a side note, i just had a dream about riding on the expressway and crashing into the back of a van doing E brake

Happy new year guys

EDIT: just found out you have to finish lesson6 before unlocking road revision, which is weird because they gave me an option to book road revision after lesson 5 and you would think you should do road revision before going for lesson 6 which is more or less a road test
    Whoa. Seems like u r moving forward quite fast. Congrats on ur progress! Think for me cuz i am working and even on Saturdays it is rather hard for me to find slots to book. Just took my 1st lesson 5 today and i failed at safety checks. Need to come back again. Haiz.

heavylmao
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, im a student so i have more free time i guess.

Did the instructor say anything for your u turn? Alot of times instructor always comment on our u turn too wide or wobble etc

heavylmao
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just came back from my prac 6 today, few hours before it was super nervous until can feel my heart beating, but actually on the day of the lesson its easier than i thought, was confident doing all the turns and lane changing, i was first rider so have to make sure i get the test route correct as no instructor infront to guide me but i managed to complete it anyway.(i looked at google maps to memorise haha)

instructor said my safety checks were all ok, but my form up at right turn was pretty bad, had no pocket to guide me and instructor was at the back watching. My right turning at the stop line junction need to be more confident to go even if we see cars in the distance granted the cars are moving slow. oh and forming up when coming back is really difficult for third and fourth rider who has very tight turning radius and have to stop nicely at the tip of the arrow, not sure how much they will penalise us if we dont form up correctly when coming back.

Unfortunately have to repeat, but im quite confident now

When coming back to park our bikes got one guy rear ended me quite hard cause he didnt notice that i stopped, the worst part is my balls was squished by my body weight being thrown forward, still having stomach pains from that haha

megillian
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, im a student so i have more free time i guess.

Did the instructor say anything for your u turn? Alot of times instructor always comment on our u turn too wide or wobble etc
    yah 1st time commented u turn too wide. 2nd time commented u turn abit of wobbling

megillian
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

L1x5
    L2x3
    L3.1x4
    L3.2x2
    L4x2
    L5x2
    coming for L6 soon!

heavylmao
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

L1x5
    L2x3
    L3.1x4
    L3.2x2
    L4x2
    L5x2
    coming for L6 soon!
    good luck for L6, i just passed L6 today, i think we should be taking the TP test on the same date(28 Jan)

L1x4
    L2x2
    L3.1x2
    L3.2x2
    L4x3
    L5x5
    L6x3

Anyway both times i clear L5 and L6 is from a instructor called zakie(The really sarcastic and like to joke one), not sure is it because he is lenient or other instructors are strict
    Last edited by heavylmao; 09-01-2019 at 05:07 PM.

simeone82
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

good luck for L6, i just passed L6 today, i think we should be taking the TP test on the same date(28 Jan)

L1x4
    L2x2
    L3.1x2
    L3.2x2
    L4x3
    L5x5
    L6x3

Anyway both times i clear L5 and L6 is from a instructor called zakie(The really sarcastic and like to joke one), not sure is it because he is lenient or other instructors are strict
    good job remember to go for your revision before lesson 7. then time for TP!

megillian
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

L1x4
    L2x2
    L3.1x2
    L3.2x2
    L4x3
    L5x5
    L6x3

Ure progressing well! I dont think im taking TP this month most prob next month cuz i havent even taken rtt yet. And booked my first L6 next monday. Lets see how it goes.

heavylmao
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sigh...today i went for L7 2 times, first time i got 24 demerits...so i tried again in the afternoon, got 10 demerit points but i got 1 immediate failure because my bike stalled at the beginning...i think i just really unlucky...at home i got really emotional...L7 is really expensive and im just a student, all the money i use to pay for the lessons is i work part time to pay for it one...50++ dollars is really alot...

simeone82
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sigh...today i went for L7 2 times, first time i got 24 demerits...so i tried again in the afternoon, got 10 demerit points but i got 1 immediate failure because my bike stalled at the beginning...i think i just really unlucky...at home i got really emotional...L7 is really expensive and im just a student, all the money i use to pay for the lessons is i work part time to pay for it one...50++ dollars is really alot...
    Don't be. just think of that you are not ready for the real road yet. if you only gotten 10 demerit points, it means you did it minus the bike stalled at the beginning. I rather you fail in your lessons than you fail in your TP because of your bike stalled.

spyder69
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi guys

I enrolled to SSDC on 24 June 2018 and progress has been rather slow as i'm quite a clumsy rider & slow learner....

As the validity period is only for 1 year, what will happen when it expires and I still not at that stage to get TP test yet?

Do i start all over again from Lesson 1 ? or I can renew and continue from where I am?

Thanks for any reply.

snsd555
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by spyder69 View Post
    Hi guys

I enrolled to SSDC on 24 June 2018 and progress has been rather slow as i'm quite a clumsy rider & slow learner....

As the validity period is only for 1 year, what will happen when it expires and I still not at that stage to get TP test yet?

Do i start all over again from Lesson 1 ? or I can renew and continue from where I am?

Thanks for any reply.
    You can renew your PDL. No worries.

simeone82
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi guys

Thanks for any reply.
    What you need is just more practice and time. Just renew your sch enrolment, PDL etc.
    You will get there just a matter of time. Good luck

Bikeninja
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi guys

Thanks for any reply.
    Since late 2018, all PDL can apply online (no need go down driving centre woohoo!), and valid for 2 years instead of 6 mths
    [Honda CB400X] - 1018 -
    [KTM Duke 390] - 0719 -

megillian
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since late 2018, all PDL can apply online (no need go down driving centre woohoo!), and valid for 2 years instead of 6 mths
    Spyder 69, if im not wrong u should be able to continue from where you stopped. I dont think they allow you to repeat the lesson after clearing that particular lesson. For example if you have cleared Lesson 4 the last round, just go to lesson 5. If you have not cleared lesson 4, then you must go back to lesson 4.

Think its normal for ppl to span over a year plus or 2 yrs to learn bike. Sometimes we have other commitments. Or difficult to get the slots you want. And tips if you have gone to the stage of clearing Lesson 3b onwards, go and practise circuit revision and u can in fact book as many slots as you want. Same goes to road revision (you can only book this after clearing Lesson 6).

spyder69
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default cry

Spyder 69, if im not wrong u should be able to continue from where you stopped. I dont think they allow you to repeat the lesson after clearing that particular lesson. For example if you have cleared Lesson 4 the last round, just go to lesson 5. If you have not cleared lesson 4, then you must go back to lesson 4.

Think its normal for ppl to span over a year plus or 2 yrs to learn bike. Sometimes we have other commitments. Or difficult to get the slots you want. And tips if you have gone to the stage of clearing Lesson 3b onwards, go and practise circuit revision and u can in fact book as many slots as you want. Same goes to road revision (you can only book this after clearing Lesson 6).
    thank you all for your info and encouragement....

I'm now stuck at L4, just failed (due 48 pts ) again (due forgot to wait instruction to proceed on figure 8, thus no timing & 28 pts) & again ( fell off plank & 24 pts) & again (fell of plank & 40 pts)....

quite disheartening, sigh...

heavylmao
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thank you all for your info and encouragement....

I'm now stuck at L4, just failed (due 48 pts ) again (due forgot to wait instruction to proceed on figure 8, thus no timing & 28 pts) & again ( fell off plank & 24 pts) & again (fell of plank & 40 pts)....

quite disheartening, sigh...
    go for circuit revision , your points you accumulate from blind spot checking or some other things?

simeone82
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What you need is just more practice and you lack of confidence. seem to me that your plank is your weakness and some general riding. Keep going for your revision and keep attacking your weak stations. Good luck!

Lovestoryz
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dont mind about it too much , i took 2years to pass . just relax and enjoy the fun .

Sent from my Redmi 6A using Tapatalk

Bikeninja
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good luck to all learner riders, hang in there!
    [Honda CB400X] - 1018 -
    [KTM Duke 390] - 0719 -

Bikeninja
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Honda CB400X] - 1018 -
    [KTM Duke 390] - 0719 -

spyder69
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thank you :-)

Finally cleared L4 , weakness is on plank / blind spots checking ....

Looking forward to overcome L 5 ..

Gambatte neh !

simeone82
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thank you :-)

Finally cleared L4 , weakness is on plank / blind spots checking ....

Looking forward to overcome L 5 ..

Gambatte neh !
    Try whatever technique that you feel is more comfortable to hit the timing and remains on the plank.
    Blind spot checking must be slow while maintaining on course.
    Lesson 5 would be on the road. Book a night lesson for this if possible.
    Good luck~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast