has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default SSDC 2b 2018

Hi guys, just went for my first practical today, unfortunately have to come back second round So far i am at the mini circuit and know how to shift to gear 2 already, my only problem is braking too hard and at the bend sometimes have to put my right leg down cause the bike is leaning to the right especially at the second yellow stop line because the turn is tight, the instructor told me that it will be IF if i put right leg down when braking.
    Wonder whats the average amount of attempts people take to pass the lessons, dont want to keep repeating if not my wallet will be burnt.
    Also for other practical lessons if you mount the kerb or anything which results in IF, does it mean you have no chance of trying again and have to book another lesson or they let you retry till you get it as long as its within the lesson time?

Francis247
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by heavylmao View Post
    Hi guys, just went for my first practical today, unfortunately have to come back second round So far i am at the mini circuit and know how to shift to gear 2 already, my only problem is braking too hard and at the bend sometimes have to put my right leg down cause the bike is leaning to the right especially at the second yellow stop line because the turn is tight, the instructor told me that it will be IF if i put right leg down when braking.
    Wonder whats the average amount of attempts people take to pass the lessons, dont want to keep repeating if not my wallet will be burnt.
    Also for other practical lessons if you mount the kerb or anything which results in IF, does it mean you have no chance of trying again and have to book another lesson or they let you retry till you get it as long as its within the lesson time?
    It really depends. I took the mini-circuit for like 4 lessons...
    My Prac 2 - 9 lessons...

Hunterx
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by heavylmao View Post
    I think you need to show your confidence level that you are able to move to the next level.
    when moving, either leg came down = IF.
    you maybe too slow which is hard to balance, braking try use more foot brake than hand or close throttle for engine brake so your braking won't be too hard.
    if I remembered, all my circuit lesson took at least 2 to pass.

heavylmao
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hunterx View Post
    I think you need to show your confidence level that you are able to move to the next level.
    when moving, either leg came down = IF.
    you maybe too slow which is hard to balance, braking try use more foot brake than hand or close throttle for engine brake so your braking won't be too hard.
    if I remembered, all my circuit lesson took at least 2 to pass.
    yeah i think have to release clutch more and throttle abit, i release clutch only to move short distances but sometimes released too much then my bike shut off.

Also went for my practical1 2nd attempt today and got to try the outer circuit, this time the instructor really xiong, one mistake and he will shout at you . At the end got a car stop in front of me waiting to make right turn so i stopped behind too, then suddenly the car instructor hand came out the left window with index finger pointing out swirling the hand in clockwise motion, then im like and my motorcycle instructor making some weird sarcastic gestures so i thought they signalling for me to overtake, so i tried to go over the left side and got scolded instead.

Have to go back for 3rd attempt but the instructor said he is confident by that lesson i can advance to prac2, fingers crossed! Ill document my progress here so future people taking 2b can use as reference

EDIT: didnt make it on the 3rd attempt, because everytime come back they will start with mini circuit warmup but was stuck at the mini circuit for 1 hr due to some new people still practicing, then in the outer circuit nobody got to do the stopping test, the instructor said it was because im not "ready" yet, even though i already tried the stopping test last lesson, so had to come back for 4th try which they made it FOC for me fortunately, and passed on my 4th try so advancing to lesson 2 now
    Last edited by heavylmao; 09-11-2018 at 11:23 PM.

Bikeninja
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I took almost 3 lessons for each stage, so don't give up!

My progress as follows:

L1 - x3
    L2 - x2
    L3(1) - x3
    L3(2) - 3
    L4 - 1
    L5 - 2
    L6 - 2
    L7 - 2

Passed in 2B June '17, 2A in Aug '18
    [KTM Duke 200] - 0617-0618
    [Piaggio MP3 125] - 1217-0718