has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Advise needed for a newbie

Hi guys hope you can spare some time for a newbie.

In Nov, I bought an Aerox from a shop. During that time, COE was 2509. I opted for full cash payment and the price given to me was 9437. I then paid a 1k deposit.

This week, I received a call from the salesperson stating I have to top up another 800 to receive my bike by next week. They cited that the Yamaha agent was not willing to release the bike as buyer has to follow the COE price now which is 800 more. As such, I have to pay 800. The salesperson also mentioned that if I do not agree with the payment, I will have to wait till January and even then they cannot confirm when I will receive my bike.

My question is what are my alternatives? Even if I forgo the deal and request for return of my deposit, there are not many shops that have ready stocks for Aerox. Even then, I cannot guarantee that I will receive the bike. Any help or advise for a newbie here?

hexbike
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think they are trying to pull a fast one. You agreed on a price and they are obliged to sell it to you at that price. Just go down and bang table abit.

UstedButler
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After all Im not an advior. I would not know.

divock
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't describe how thankful I am today. Thank you Snap Academy and the rest of them. They are just brilliant.

snsd555
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hexbike View Post
    I think they are trying to pull a fast one. You agreed on a price and they are obliged to sell it to you at that price. Just go down and bang table abit.
    Yup. What he said. Did you sign a sales and purchase agreement though? Be sure to read the fine print, i think most shops would protect themselves by allowing them to return the deposit to void the sale. Best to check through.

Vincent1970
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With you @snsd555. Its very tricky nowadays to purchase anything especially bikes and scooters. Only way to escape is to be careful from the first point.