User Tag List

Thread: Did I Beat the Red Light Camera?

user3145
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Did I Beat the Red Light Camera?

Hey readers,

Just asking for an opinion here. Yesterday I was riding along Punggol East by Punggol Central towards Punggol Drive. The road consist of 4 lanes. 2 of the lanes arrow (From the left) are going straight and the other 2 lanes are turning (towards Lor Halus). The traffic light's right arrow is the green-amber-red.

I didn't realise that I went into the right turn lane(2nd from the right) but my intention was to go straight. When I looked back, there was a Red Light Camera. As the traffic light went green, I proceed straight.

I am not too sure if the red light camera snapped. I also could not recall if there is any flash or not. I seemed like there wasn't any. I'm a 2B P-Plate rider and I just recently passed. I really hope nothing will happen to me.

What do you think about this?

magicj
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by user3145 View Post
    Hey readers,

Just asking for an opinion here. Yesterday I was riding along Punggol East by Punggol Central towards Punggol Drive. The road consist of 4 lanes. 2 of the lanes arrow (From the left) are going straight and the other 2 lanes are turning (towards Lor Halus). The traffic light's right arrow is the green-amber-red.

I didn't realise that I went into the right turn lane(2nd from the right) but my intention was to go straight. When I looked back, there was a Red Light Camera. As the traffic light went green, I proceed straight.

I am not too sure if the red light camera snapped. I also could not recall if there is any flash or not. I seemed like there wasn't any. I'm a 2B P-Plate rider and I just recently passed. I really hope nothing will happen to me.

What do you think about this?
    If went straight ahead through right turn lane with Red arrow, it falls under "Failure to form up properly" offence, it is 4 demerit points and $130 fine, and if obstructed the flow of traffic, add another 4 demerit points and another $130 fine.