has no status.
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

check your chain tension regularly.. after it is retensioned and a week or 2 riding....if the tension is bad again
    it is really very bad...basket case already.

conventional wisdom..a chain can only be retension 3 times.

anyway..check for chain wear...pull chain away from the rear sprockect ..if it can move ..3mm is my std for chain replacement...
    if its more...accident going to happen if chain breaks.
    i love my ezzyoiler
    experience the miracle...
    where chain cleaning is history...
    call 91797182..

suchwow
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking bout chain tension.. It's pretty difficult to check if the chain tension is good enough currently. Though I know it should only be a few mm diff, I'm still worried if I'm checking properly or not.

Are there any other tips on how to check chain tension etc? If it's needed to be tightened blablabla.. Sometimes, I just don't trust my mech lol!

ezzyoiler
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

call me...bring all your tools..haha...
    take notei single swing arm type bikes..go to your mech.
    i love my ezzyoiler
    call 91797182..

ddjh9
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for sharing

tokillmob
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The OP mention that O rings chain just lube, and didn't say anything about cleaning, and he recommended PJ1 Blue Label Chain Lube. Reviews in overseas says that it's a good lube that sticks to the chain and with minimum splash, but in SG reviews, it's an uncommon choice as it splashes alot, anyone tried it before ? What about ipone or maxima lube, the wax ones, are those good ?
    2014 - current Kawasaki KLX 125

HaiR1
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tokillmob View Post
    The OP mention that O rings chain just lube, and didn't say anything about cleaning, and he recommended PJ1 Blue Label Chain Lube. Reviews in overseas says that it's a good lube that sticks to the chain and with minimum splash, but in SG reviews, it's an uncommon choice as it splashes alot, anyone tried it before ? What about ipone or maxima lube, the wax ones, are those good ?

iPone Sand Chain spray is good

tokillmob
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HaiR1 View Post
    iPone Sand Chain spray is good
    Alright, will probably buy that, what about cleaning, does O ring chains need cleaning ? Cause the mechanic i go to, say it doesn't need cleaning, just lube per week will do

HaiR1
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright, will probably buy that, what about cleaning, does O ring chains need cleaning ? Cause the mechanic i go to, say it doesn't need cleaning, just lube per week will do

I doubt spray chain type will cause much mess as compared to using oil to lube your chain

If u need to clean, kerosene is better

ezzyoiler
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

chain cleaning?? of course needed if you want your chains to have max life and tip top conditions...
    but alas somehow bikers do lube but most forget about the cleaning part..
    if you just lube with the greasy spray wax as most do...and not clean the chains at regular intervals..
    the chains will pick up all sorts of nasty road grimes..these are the stuff that will destroy your chains.
    as the spray wax is very sticky..
    the chains are expected to be relubed every 500km..others may think that 1 lube can last till the next oil change..they are misinformed or just a bad practice..
    so u see cleaning is a must if you expect your bike to have excellent performance ...and chains to last as long as possible..

chains maintenace will be one of the more impotant task to be done regularly..
    use a chain oiler if you dont want to mess around with waxes and cleaning schdule...as the chain oiler will clean and lube your chains evry time u ride...
    i love my ezzyoiler
    call 91797182..

tokillmob
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bought s100 chain clean and lube, gonna try it

skytng
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ezzyoiler View Post
    chain cleaning?? of course needed if you want your chains to have max life and tip top conditions...
    but alas somehow bikers do lube but most forget about the cleaning part..
    if you just lube with the greasy spray wax as most do...and not clean the chains at regular intervals..
    the chains will pick up all sorts of nasty road grimes..these are the stuff that will destroy your chains.
    as the spray wax is very sticky..
    the chains are expected to be relubed every 500km..others may think that 1 lube can last till the next oil change..they are misinformed or just a bad practice..
    so u see cleaning is a must if you expect your bike to have excellent performance ...and chains to last as long as possible..

chains maintenace will be one of the more impotant task to be done regularly..
    use a chain oiler if you dont want to mess around with waxes and cleaning schdule...as the chain oiler will clean and lube your chains evry time u ride...
    like what he said, chain has to be cleaned, there's no version of chain that requires no cleaning, it will eventually pick up dirt and carbon and turn black, there's no rule of thumb as to when to clean chain, but if you look at your chain and think it's black and dirty, then it's time to clean it

tokillmob
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by skytng View Post
    like what he said, chain has to be cleaned, there's no version of chain that requires no cleaning, it will eventually pick up dirt and carbon and turn black, there's no rule of thumb as to when to clean chain, but if you look at your chain and think it's black and dirty, then it's time to clean it
    For me, it doesn't look black and dirty, but i can feel there's a drag, then i will just do a clean and lube

HeyApple
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

always clean and dry then lube

brianforever
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks man..great information

takara7537
    has no status.
    Banned
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank, it's useful for me

takara7537
    has no status.
    Banned
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    The steps below are only suggestions, as manufacturers and owners alike, have different opinions on proper drive chain maintenance. If, in doubt of any advice given here, consult your owners manual that came with your motorcycle.

Step 1.

Start by riding your motorcycle for about 15 minutes to heat up the chain. Put the bike up on it's centre or rear stand. If you do not have a stand, then I suggest purchasing one. Lubing a chain while on the side stand is both time consuming and difficult.

Step 2.

Clean the chain with Kerosene using a soft brush, I also clean the sprockets and cush drive at the same time.

Step 3.

Follow that up with a soapy wash to remove the residue left by the kerosene and wipe the chain dry with a clean cloth.

Step 4.

Apply the chain lubricant, I use WD-40 to lube the chain, you can use whatever chain lube you wish. "I prefer this product." Best apply the lubricant to the inside of lower run.

Note: Some O-ring chains may be damaged by some lubricants and solvents, your local dealer or mechanic can be consulted if you do not know whether the product you are using is safe for your type of chain.
    Step 5.

After the chain is well lubed, wipe off the excess and clean up the overspray that may have gotten on the wheels and tires. Allow the lube to dry before riding.

Do Not clean or oil your chain with the engine running. Serious injury can occur.

There you have it, a clean, well-lubricated chain! Remember that proper drive chain maintenance will allow your motorcycle to operate smoothly and can prevent serious injury and expense later.

taken from http://www.canadianrider.com/tech_chain_2.htm
    Thanks, this is useful for me

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021